Unfair Karma?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7139

theysayjump

25-02-2005 00:41:21

i just PMed someone about doing a trade and they informed me i have bad Karma (which i didnt know)......i have done 2 good trades today with LifeIsAnApple and GixxerMike........who has the authority to give good and bad karma?....if its the admins/mods id like to know why......id appreciate any help you guys could give me

thanks in advance

frank

Phbs83

25-02-2005 06:56:06

You can see your own karma near your posts. Currently your Trade Karma is 0, which will most likely change, when you go green for the trades you did.
It might be hard at first to get good trade karma, but as you get more succesful trades, you will appreciate the fact that there is something like this. There are many scammers, and you definitely don't want to be scammed) Ask them whether they will agree to trade, if you complete your offer first, and most should accept the offer this way.

thomas moore

25-02-2005 08:45:40

you are currently showing negative karma, NOT TRADE KARMA, -1 normal karma, anyone can give you normal karma, only the mods and nate who runs the good traders list can stipulate TRADE karma negatively or positively .. wink

LizM

25-02-2005 10:47:08

Right, normal Karma just means you pissed someone off, or said something they didn't agree with, so they docked you a karma point. I wouldn't take that kind of karma very seriously where trades are concerned. Anyone could have given you that negative karma for any reason at all.

I know it's not reassuring that someone didn't like something you said, but rest assured that that shouldn't keep you from completing successful trades. The two kinds of karma are completely unrelated.

Happy Trading! )

theysayjump

25-02-2005 11:22:11

thanks guys.....thats cleared up alot and i am reassured now.

cheers!

frank

LizM

25-02-2005 12:09:31

No prob, Frank... and now they don't have anything to complain about anyway ;)

J4320

25-02-2005 19:05:46

[quotee13ea6fad8="theysayjump"]i just PMed someone about doing a trade and they informed me i have bad Karma (which i didnt know)......i have done 2 good trades today with LifeIsAnApple and GixxerMike........who has the authority to give good and bad karma?....if its the admins/mods id like to know why......id appreciate any help you guys could give me

thanks in advance

frank[/quotee13ea6fad8]

I gave you a +Karma bud. Return the favor will ya?

theysayjump

25-02-2005 22:58:07

cheers J4320! i appreciate it! i gave you + karma back.

thanks again people!!

frank

J4320

26-02-2005 09:13:57

[quoted8dbcfb6f0="theysayjump"]cheers J4320! i appreciate it! i gave you + karma back.

thanks again people!!

frank[/quoted8dbcfb6f0]

Give me another one. I need to get back to positive karma. I'll give you another.