Time required for verification?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7111

Petard

24-02-2005 19:31:13

i requested mine on Thursday and nothing has happpend... and i requested my ipod Friday and nothing has happend... how long does it take? the timing section on the main site i can see is wrong, maybe it use to be that fast in the beginning

Phbs83

24-02-2005 20:28:58

Sometimes it takes longer than 5 days. Just check back in a couple of days, and you should be approved. Plus, they probably have a lot of work with the recent freepsps.com site, so sit back, relax, be patient and you'll eventually get it) You will be waiting after that as well, so...)

tyketto

24-02-2005 20:32:41

It took me about 6 business days for the Mac....

techdude05

25-02-2005 04:18:15

1 day here

new2scene

25-02-2005 07:03:09

It was on the third business day for me.

Petard

25-02-2005 12:42:02

ok, this is dumb, they finnished verification, and 2 of them were taken back! im down to 8 now! They didn't do anything wrong, i even went over to their house and helped them do it (one of them i did it for them) and they took their credit back! i know they were done right!

new2scene

25-02-2005 13:36:23

What you did is actually against the Gratis terms and conditions, so you are lucky they didn't put you on hold. You are not supposed to walk thru people on the sign up process they are supposed to do it all themselves and sign up for offers they are interested in.

[quote787ad79ddb="Petard"]ok, this is dumb, they finnished verification, and 2 of them were taken back! im down to 8 now! They didn't do anything wrong, i even went over to their house and helped them do it (one of them i did it for them) and they took their credit back! i know they were done right![/quote787ad79ddb]

Petard

25-02-2005 14:20:42

how would they even know if i was at their house? i didnt do anything against it (except doing it for them, which they cant figure out)

new2scene

25-02-2005 18:41:29

[quotea5c8f31974="Petard"]how would they even know if i was at their house? i didnt do anything against it (except doing it for them, which they cant figure out)[/quotea5c8f31974]

All I know is that it seems like everyone who tries to do this always gets their referrals rejected or their account put on hold. Somehow they know. That is all I am going to say about it since talking about scamming the system isn't allowed on the forums.

Petard

25-02-2005 18:55:33

i dont get it though... whats it matter if i pressed the buttons ON HIS COMPUTER or if he did? They can't know that. They are randomly putting the accounts on hold so they can keep the $$$ i think!

Petard

26-02-2005 14:26:10

they replied yesterday and said that they "looked farther into the account but decided to keep it on hold". They didn't even tell me what i did, and i didn't do anything wrong (that they can know)

tyketto

26-02-2005 16:46:07

Listen, you admit yourself that you broke the terms. How did they know? I have no idea. But something set off the alarms and they've decided to put you on hold. Most of the time they've taken people off hold and allowed them to get another referral, but they didn't even allow you to do that. So whatever they saw, it was serious.

But really, it doesn't matter how they knew, why they did it, etc. You say yourself that you completed an offer entirely for one of your referrals. That's against the rules and you were caught. Even if you think there's no way they could catch you, the reality is you DID break the rules.

Yeah, it sucks. But didn't you read the Terms of Service?

Petard

27-02-2005 06:42:58

its not that! im mad because they put me on hold, and they did it for no reason (they cant know that i did it for him) they just RANDOMLY put it on hold!

tyketto

27-02-2005 07:14:01

No, you THINK you were put on hold for a random reason, yet admitted you walked at least one of your referrals through the process. You have no way of knowing how they suspect you cheated. You did it. So they picked up on it and caught you. I've seen examples where people really seemed to have a random denial. But most of them were taken off hold.
I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just trying to point out that you yourself admit you broke their terms. While you may not think they have a way of knowing, they apparently do. That's all I'm saying.
I guess you can always try macminis4free. Just don't have people sign up on your computer and you should be fine.

Petard

27-02-2005 07:48:58

no, I wasn't put on hold, two of my referrals were, so now im down to 8. But they DONT have a way of knowing. It WAS random. Im going to try getting them off hold. its the weekend so they dont reply to anything though.