The anticipation is killing me....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7050

amishjs

24-02-2005 09:16:49

FINALLY got my fifth referral today!!!!! I submitted for approval. I know they say it can take up to five days to be approved, but I still can't help but check every 5 minutes to see if it went through. I even downloaded icfreeipod, just so it can monitor my status, but even still, I'M STILL CHECKING THE SITE every few minutes. I'm obsessed.

How long has it been on average for you guys? I've seen people say one day, and some say one week. ONE WEEK? Thats so long!!!!

GuyHersh

24-02-2005 09:35:57

LOL, dude take a chill pill..

I requested for approval for my Mac mini back on 1/17.. got approved and ordered on 1/21... and its still processing.. over 33 days later, and No Mac Mini in sight.

So be willing to wait.

Guy

haugster

24-02-2005 11:48:41

It took me 8 business days... but they'll get around to it

amishjs

26-02-2005 13:19:10

What is the timeline once they approve?

Right now it says "Congrats, you've completed requirements and have requested approval." Once they approve, what is the next stage, and how long will I wait before I get the iPod. I'm asking because I'm going on a trip on the 16th and would love to have it by then. Will that happen? Or should I give up hope on that?

hovigga

26-02-2005 16:14:17

Well, from what ive seen with other people, if you go stv, like...within the next few days, you will probably get it before the 16th.

easportsea

27-02-2005 00:36:11

hey i was wondering after you go STV, how long does it actually take to receive the item?

amishjs

28-02-2005 07:43:08

I'm still waiting! I think I'm going to pass out.

LizM

28-02-2005 09:18:03

I'm with ya, amishjs! I finally submitted for approval on Friday. It was a long weekend ) I was hoping that maybe today it would be approved, but no such luck. Speaking of luck, knowing me, it would be just my luck to get put on hold. ( Two of my refs were complete strangers, so who knows what they did to their accounts?

Good luck, and post or PM me when you get approved. Hopefully that will mean that I'm not too far behind )

EatChex89

28-02-2005 09:31:10

just wait 3 days, check then if you aren't approved wait 2 more days then check...

Armstrong

28-02-2005 09:43:53

With you all!! completed friday... I believe the way it works is gratis waits until they have enough ipods to send out so they can make a bulk shipment. with this in mind, when did the last shipment go out!?

FreeOffersNow

28-02-2005 10:08:01

Congrats amish, haven't seen you on the forums lately roll

amishjs

28-02-2005 10:25:02

Thanks freeoffersnow. I've been in and out on this forum over the last week - but work has been really busy so I have to be d/l about it. I haven't made it over to your forums in a while. I'll make a post over there soon )

Back to my approval wait...
I was going crazy with the wait for approval, so I made a cust. svc. inquiry asking for an update. They wrote back saying "We're sorry for any delays-- due to incredibly high volume we are approving accounts as quickly as possible. These accounts will be reviewed on a "first come, first served" basis. Thank you for your patience." I'm not sure if that was a human response or not. But it didn't help me any, thats for sure. lisighli still waiting...

amishjs

02-03-2005 11:44:20

WHY WON'T THEY APPROVE ME???????????

Ugh, I've gone from eager to annoyed to pissed off.

lkrecklow

02-03-2005 12:09:02

Relax man. You're killing me.

My first suggestion is to stop sending them emails. Then maybe they'd have more time to approve people instead of responding to peoples inquiries.

Just chill. Nobody is getting approved as fast as they want to be. I'm on your side. I'm waiting too. I submitted the day after you. I'll be happy if I'm approved by Monday. But even then it will be weeks before I have anything to show for it.

amishjs

02-03-2005 14:02:48

APPROVED!!!!!!!!! Man, I didn't think it would feel this great, but boy oh boy, I'm elated.

Now the "processing" wait....which will still drive me nuts. But at least I know I'll get the ipod...with the approval wait, there was always the risk of being declined which made it worse.

Side note I only emailed them one time regarding getting approved. The rest of the time, I was just posting my frustrations here for you guys P

Tillertyler

02-03-2005 14:24:53

Awesome amishjs! I'm just curious, do they send you an email right after saying that you have been approved? If so, then i'll jus check my email instead of the site. I just submitted for approval this morning ).

amishjs

02-03-2005 15:07:09

TillerTyler,

No, I didn't get an email. I use icFreeIpod - its a little program that runs in your taskbar (near your clock) and it keeps track of your referrals and pops up little windows as things change in your account. So earlier today it popped up a thing saying I was approved - so then I went to the account and proceeded.

My suggestion is get the program. You'll go crazy checking the site every few minutes.

Tillertyler

02-03-2005 17:06:49

ahh I wasn't aware that it showed approval status as well. I just thought it showed referral status. That's awesome to know. Thanks.

YellowSound

02-03-2005 17:11:46

I know exactly how u feel! Im going through my approval stage since Monday. I think by Friday or Saturday Ill be set!

lkrecklow

03-03-2005 05:57:29

Congrats, Amish.

I got approved first thing this morning. If you submitted the day before me, then it seems they are working just as they should be. We were both approved right at the 5 day mark.

No don't go gnawing a hole in your desk waiting for STV. Take a deep breath, and understand it will likely be 5 days.

amishjs

03-03-2005 06:09:56

Thanks lkrecklow.

I actually went STV within 4 hours of being approved!

lkrecklow

03-03-2005 06:34:15

Lucky. That means I'll likely take at least a week. I just missed it.