BMG SUCKS

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7007

amishjs

23-02-2005 19:45:10

Word of advice....Don't do BMG as your offer!

Yes, I understand this has been said many times, even on ratetheoffers.com. But I just wanted to emphasize it again, especially because I'm having BMG drama for my FIFTH and FINAL referral.

A friend of mine signed up using my link and before I could warn him otherwise, he signed up for BMG (he's a huge music buff). That was over three weeks ago. At the time, he was only referral number 3, so I didn't mind that the credit hadn't been received yet since I knew it would take me time to get the last two. Well random luck gave me those last two in one day last week. I finally got in touch with my friend again to write a request for credit (since Gratis won't let you request on behalf of your referrals). And now they've asked him to forward the confirmation email from BMG. So hopefully they'll finally give credit to him now and then I can submit for approval in the next couple of days. I don't know what the problem was (maybe it was because he uses Netscape?), but its definitely been a pain in my ass.....increased exponentially by the fact that its now the last referral I need (many of you share this angst!)

SIDE NOTE This forum is great. The lamentations of everyone having trouble with this let me know I'm not the only one, and the success stories provide motivation to not give up.

CoMpFrEaK

23-02-2005 20:17:51

i liked the free cds, im currently enjoying my last free one

mofocrew

23-05-2005 11:58:55

did they ever give him credit?

[quote535b58de24="amishjs"]Word of advice....Don't do BMG as your offer!

I finally got in touch with my friend again to write a request for credit (since Gratis won't let you request on behalf of your referrals). And now they've asked him to forward the confirmation email from BMG. So hopefully they'll finally give credit to him now and then I can submit for approval in the next couple of days. I don't know what the problem was (maybe it was because he uses Netscape?), but its definitely been a pain in my ass.....increased exponentially by the fact that its now the last referral I need (many of you share this angst!)[/quote535b58de24]

spincycle

23-05-2005 14:44:20

BMG worked great for me. Their slow at giving up the green, but you get a lot of CDs out of the deal.

Legault

23-05-2005 21:31:01

I loved the BMG offer.
It took a few weeks to get credit, but it was one of the most beneficial offers I've done.

slease

23-05-2005 22:52:14

[quote934affbddb="Legault"]I loved the BMG offer.
It took a few weeks to get credit, but it was one of the most beneficial offers I've done.[/quote934affbddb]

I got a bunch of great CDs that after I was done with it all averaged like 6 bucks or something. Not too shabby. I got my green too.

MicroChris

24-05-2005 01:12:30

BMG follows you around for the rest of your life, lol.

Glad I put an end to my "subscription".