Is this really happening again??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6859

haugster

22-02-2005 09:50:10

So... On Thursday the 10th, I submitted for approval again (the 3rd time) The first time my account was put on hold- and it should have been. After discussing it with Gratis, they were kind enough to take it off hold. So I got 3 more referrals and re-submitted. This time, they denied 2 of 3- and I swear to God all three of them were legit. However, I was again able to explain my situation and they allowed one more. Giving me 2 out of the 3 as accepted. So... even though my 3rd was completely legit, I just bit my lip and got a 3rd. So I did... and that brings me to the 10th. Just this morning I was informed that one of my referrals is being denied. THE SAME ONE THAT WAS ALREADY DENIED AND THEN ALLOWED, after sending numerous inquiries back and forth.

Has this happened before? I can't believe this crap- getting this iPod has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. They denied my referral 2 months ago for no good reason. After explanation the allowed it. Now, 2 months later- she is not allowed again. It seems like they really will just do anything to keep me from getting this iPod.

Any stories, advice, thoughts?

kighr

22-02-2005 09:55:43

Request a manual approval? This has happened to many people...just be patient and eventually they will get it right.

thomas moore

22-02-2005 11:18:26

your lucky you even got passed the first hold... i wouldnt be complaining x

Redundancy

22-02-2005 12:00:41

Ask for a manual/human approval

mistwolf

22-02-2005 12:01:45

[quote512f689f75="thomas moore"]your lucky you even got passed the first hold... i wouldnt be complaining x[/quote512f689f75]

Dude, not a cool reply...

Good luck to the OP, a manual check should clear it!

haugster

22-02-2005 13:13:52

thanks for the info.. I'll do a CS inquiry right now.

haugster

23-02-2005 08:19:59

So... after writing to Customer Service and asking for this to be made right... I get this email

"We're sorry for all the frustration the process has caused you. We have taken a thorough review of your account and found the 5 legitimate referrals we need in order to approve your item for shipment. We have approved your referral network and you are now free to place an order with our site. Thanks again for all your patience throughout this process, we hope that you will enjoy the free gift you have earned."

So... I'M FREAKING IN! I'm pretty blown away by how "nice' that response was. Thanks to anyone out there who helped.

And now we wait...

EatChex89

23-02-2005 10:01:32

ai.. now i'm afriad they're going to put me on hold -?

Lance

23-02-2005 11:36:58

What did you say in your request? I've been through this hold-no hold shuffle twice now, and I requested approval again on Friday. As soon as I requested approval, I put in a CS inquiry and got kind of a blow-off response. It's been a few days now and I'm getting nervous that they'll deny me once again. From the looks of it they got back to you pretty quick.

haugster

23-02-2005 13:43:44

[quotee5a05d60f6="Lance"]What did you say in your request? I've been through this hold-no hold shuffle twice now, and I requested approval again on Friday. As soon as I requested approval, I put in a CS inquiry and got kind of a blow-off response. It's been a few days now and I'm getting nervous that they'll deny me once again. From the looks of it they got back to you pretty quick.[/quotee5a05d60f6]

The trick is knowing that they will always respond first with a "canned" response.

What I did, is as soon as I received their "canned" response, I would just copy and paste my original inquiry and send it right back to them. 9 times out of 10 they'd get back to me with an actual, relevant response.

Lance

23-02-2005 13:50:26

Hmmm....interesting. I sent in a "hey, I've been down this road before and I'm concerned..." CS inquiry earlier. Haven't gotten anything back yet, but if it smacks of form mail / pre-done response, I'll try that avenue. Thanks!

Lance

24-02-2005 07:23:39

Sheesh! I submitted a CS inquiry last night about how I'm concerned that it's taking so long to approve my account because I've been through the "iPod Shuffle" twice already and blah blah blah. The very first line states that I submitted my account for approval on Friday. Their response, before closing the inquiry was, and I quote, "your account is not on hold, you may submit it for approval." No capitol letter on "your" even! Grammar, people!

If that's not a canned response, I don't know what is! Same inquiry has been submitted, let's how this works!

haugster

24-02-2005 07:49:28

Lance....

Just getting approval can take up to 5-10 business days. If you really did just submit on Friday... I'd just be patient. They'll get to you eventually.

EatChex89

24-02-2005 08:31:06

i'm trying to get THROUGH the damned approval.. they're taking so freaking long!!