One account per IP address?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=668

spaceturtle

24-09-2004 20:16:47

I know gratis checks ip addresses when checking referrals, but what I dont know is if you can only have one account created on a single ip address.

No, im not trying to create multiple accounts, however I have a friend who wants to create his own account and it got me thinking if he had to do it on a computer that had never signed up for an account before. He's not signing up as a referral, but just a new account. Will gratis care if the computer has already had an ipod ship on it? I dont know whether to tell him to go find a public computer or if it is okay to use mine even though ive already created an account on it.

Thanks.

ThisSunAlsoRises

24-09-2004 22:11:10

uh... i can't tell what you're asking. and if you're friend is trying to get two ipods out of freeipods.com or what. if he is, that's not cool.

shifuimam

24-09-2004 23:14:11

IP addresses are not the ONLY thing Gratis looks at. If you have the same IP and similar emails, last names, and mailing addresses, then you're into some shit...but just the same IP doesn't make much difference.

ThisSunAlsoRises

24-09-2004 23:19:10

ahahaha . i just noticed your signature shifu! suspenis! ahahaha. stupid dyslexics. lol lol

spaceturtle

25-09-2004 00:38:42

No, he's not trying to create two accounts or anything. He just came to me and asked if he could use my computer to sign up (he doesnt haven one). I didnt know if it would cause him problems because my account has already used my computers ip. I think im just going to tell him to find his own computer, just to be safe.

Thanks.

himurak23

25-09-2004 02:51:34

[quote6e394030df]IP addresses are not the ONLY thing Gratis looks at. If you have the same IP and similar emails, last names, and mailing addresses, then you're into some shit...but just the same IP doesn't make much difference.[/quote6e394030df]

Okay. I am new to this site and I have been looking into the freeipods website and got some referals. Unfortunately I realized that each promotion is only for one person in your referals. I also read this site and saw this above quote and had a question...

Most of my referals have signed up on my computer. They came over and I asked them to help me out. So out of the 5 referals, 3 have the same IP (The other two did it at their own houses). Now, I know it says that just IP's don't make much of a difference, but here is the kicker. One of the referals is my friend with the same last name as me (no relation whatsoever) and he lives about 2 blocks from me. Do you think this might come up as a problem?

Thanks for the input.

IpodFace

25-09-2004 07:49:09

Just creating a new account on the PCs is no problem, but talk to Gratis if they put you on hold because your neighbor was not unique, you would have to prove that he is I guess.

shifuimam

25-09-2004 08:39:30

What do you mean "each promotion is only for one person in your referrals"? More than one person can sign up for the same promotion - all my referrals did stamps.com with no problem.

Your friend who lives a bit away may or may not get your account put on hold. Give it a shot, and if you DO get put on hold, that would be an easy problem to appeal and get yourself put back in the game.

ilferetl

25-09-2004 10:03:38

whoa whoa whoa so you mean i could've had 5 referrals (for my brother) yesterday when all those people were over here for a party .. completed from this same IP .. as long as they had diff last names and addresses? dang

himurak23

25-09-2004 11:12:19

I say one promotion per referal because one of my friends tried to sign up for the boca coffee promo but one of my referals already signed up for that one. So when you click the link, it says "This promotion is unavailable, please choose another one."

Maybe it's just that promotion...

spaceturtle

25-09-2004 12:08:52

I think its only one promotion per computer. That is to say that if you go to a different computer, that offer will be available. So if they all sign up on different computers, they can all do the same offers.

himurak23

25-09-2004 15:52:28

Maybe not because one of my friends did the myink promo and I can still click it...maybe because he hasn't been credited yet though...

bfedorov11

25-09-2004 16:16:08

just use a proxy

turpentinedreams

25-09-2004 16:36:32

so your saying that if my brother signed up under me im screwed?
he lives in cinncinatti though.

himurak23

26-09-2004 00:20:34

I would also like to know if relatives don't qualify as "unique individuals" as in the Terms and Conditions. I had my father (who doesn't live with me) sign up under me.

Supacold

26-09-2004 09:06:04

[quote2062710524]I would also like to know if relatives don't qualify as "unique individuals" as in the Terms and Conditions. I had my father (who doesn't live with me) sign up under me.
[/quote2062710524]

i'm pretty sure your fine cuz you dont have the same Ip and address. I mean there are alot of people out there that have the same last name and is not you relative. they cant put you on hold just cuz u have the same last name, but if u had other things too maybe.