SHIPPED! after 4+ months of being on hold. (RECIEVED 2/21)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6498

Malformed

17-02-2005 14:19:38

on hold @ 10/18/2004 61300 PM
shipped @ 2/16/2005 65500 PM

DHL shows my tracking number as in Traverse City, MI.

Est. Delivery Date 2/21/05

it even confirms, that this 20gb is INDEED being sent to MY name, at my city/zip.

WOOT!
Finaly, after all the hassle, and after 6+ months of waiting from the date i originaly PLACED my order... im FINALY getting my ipod.

i gave up a while ago, truthfully.
i was going to buy a 20g photo/color display iRiver. from best buy, on clearance.
but i had some unexpected expenses come up recently so i wasnt able to buy it as planned.

yay! D

Stroid

17-02-2005 14:20:51

Congrats persistence is the key!

LizM

17-02-2005 16:32:01

Wow! What happened? What made them put you on hold, and what made them take you off? And why in the world did it take so long?!?

I'm so glad Gratis finally came through for you. The ipod is just going to be that much sweeter )

easportsea

17-02-2005 21:31:47

why were you on hold anyway?

Malformed

19-02-2005 10:53:15

i can only assume (since i never got a real live answer)
that when i placed my order, i changed my shipping address from my home address to my work address.
someone at work may have signed up, i dont know, i realy didnt think any of the mostly czech/hungarian/russian employees would sign up for freeipods.com
maybe someone else used the work address... like i said, i cant do anything but assume that this is the reason.

hell, i MAY have even signed up for freeipods.com at one point and used my work address and forgot all about the account.
ive done it before... i duno how many inactive yahoo accounts i have because of lost passwords or forgotten usernames.

i tried to figure out if i did, but i couldnt get anywhere.
i kinda doubt they would send me the ipod now, if i did sign up for 2 accounts under the same name/address so again, im back to guessing.

no matter what the reason, im glad they finaly decided that i do infact deserve, and legimately earned, my ipod.

sory if my typing is sloppy, im at work and the keyboard is realy bad, the keys dont allways work, so i miss letters here and there.

Malformed

21-02-2005 19:32:56

got it today!

also got some extras from the lost and found box at work...

extra usb cable, firewire cable, wall adapter thingy.
firewire to mini firewire adapter.
extra earbud foam piece.
the plug with two wires, one is usb one is firewire.
you can plug the usb into the computer, and one into the adapter.
so its more like the ipod dock.