Multiple iPods on the same account

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5964

mreinecker

08-02-2005 13:59:43

I've gotten 1 iPod already. Can I get more with my same account ? Do I have to complete an offer again as well ?

Stroid

08-02-2005 14:03:40

no one ipod per household per ip per address.....but you can do another company like OC

mreinecker

08-02-2005 14:05:29

Can I still get something from the other gratis websites, like a flatscreen for instance ?

Stroid

08-02-2005 14:13:02

yes you can you can do each site once, i have links if you need them D

EatChex89

08-02-2005 14:15:12

read the TOS. only one account per household per site.

bceagles04

08-02-2005 14:53:20

why do people want another ipod when they JUST got one??? I am struggling to get one

Stroid

08-02-2005 14:57:22

im getting another for my girlfriend and im getting the photo for myself. once i get my photo i will ebay my 20Gb

CoMpFrEaK

08-02-2005 15:04:10

[quote91bc8fc0f2="mreinecker"]I've gotten 1 iPod already. Can I get more with my same account ? Do I have to complete an offer again as well ?[/quote91bc8fc0f2]

i have a freeflatscreens link if your willing to help me! D

evilbearboomboom

08-02-2005 15:55:30

exactly. my girlfreind i smad that i got one and she doesnt. so im working on getting her one.and if i got another one, i would ebay it so fast.

EatChex89

08-02-2005 16:11:57

[quotef1779742e2="bceagles04"]why do people want another ipod when they JUST got one??? I am struggling to get one[/quotef1779742e2]

haha i'm with you bceagles P

eh, we'll get one someday... hopefully D

Retro

08-02-2005 16:23:11

[quote8b59367738="stroid"]im getting another for my girlfriend and im getting the photo for myself. once i get my photo i will ebay my 20Gb[/quote8b59367738]
Ha. I want a photo so I can ebay it and get a 20Gb & have some extra cash.

vulcan300

08-02-2005 16:53:49

whos gonna stop at just 1? ;)

SoBeIcedT

08-02-2005 18:04:45

[quote3661c606b5="stroid"]im getting another for my girlfriend and im getting the photo for myself. once i get my photo i will ebay my 20Gb[/quote3661c606b5]

When I get my photo I am going to sell my 20GB for like $100 to a good friend on campus, then I will keep my itrip, sell the iskin on ebay to get one that will fit the photo, keep the shuffle for running ( I run XC ), and keep the mini mac for video editing... I'm not a mac person really, but video editing on pc sucks. I have a freedesktop pc account, but I am not going to get the computer, and I have yet to signup for freeflatscreens, I think I will do that one to get a screen for my minimac, I also havent done free handbags, and I dont really plan to, it seems like refs would be really hard to get on that site. The truth is I am addicted, and I plan on stopping after I finish what I have mentioned above, As for OC sites, I don't plan on doing any of them... my friends are pretty sick of doing offers for me already.

Tholek

08-02-2005 19:53:04

You know, iPods don't last forever, even with a complicated battery change, so I can imagine people here wanting another for legit reasons.

This also brings up an issue I've not seen discussed here before....

If Apple goes on with further revisions, but keeps the name standard, then Gratis would have no reason to create a new site, as "freeipods.com" would still be applicable. Now for those of us that aren't coming into an inheritance anytime soon, that means people wanting to get the new one via Gratis, but if we did the 4G 20GB, then how could we?

Arguably, some may also lose or break the ones they have, and would want to get another, as well.

So even if just for the first reason, the policy of denying members from getting another on the same account, could be something that Gratis might want to review in future. (Provided, of course, that they complete a new offer they never signed up with before)

Just an idea....

am_pcguy

08-02-2005 20:06:44

I would guess that if Gratis continues to make money they will continue to make new sites. Like they did with freeiPodshuffle and freeipodphoto.

Just guessing but the next logical step for Apple is iPod Video. I don't really see a need for anything other than the models currently available. If they change the iPod (like they did from 3G to 4G) I'm not going to be real worried about it.

Personally Keeping my iPod, I'm taking $275 from OC, and I'll keep the shuffle, it's perfect for working out, I won't have to worry about knocking the hard drive around. I would really love a iPod Photo but 10 seems out of reach right now.

FreeOffersNow

08-02-2005 20:07:11

Excellent points Tholek. However I'm not sure if they'll be worried about it. Gratis made a name for itself with FreeiPods.com, but if you think about it, technology advances so quickly that before we all need that 5G 80GB we are all hearing about....there will be a newer, hotter trend, and Gratis will launch a new site accordingly.

kighr

08-02-2005 21:20:11

[quote6218634556="Tholek"]You know, iPods don't last forever, even with a complicated battery change, so I can imagine people here wanting another for legit reasons.

This also brings up an issue I've not seen discussed here before....

If Apple goes on with further revisions, but keeps the name standard, then Gratis would have no reason to create a new site, as "freeipods.com" would still be applicable. Now for those of us that aren't coming into an inheritance anytime soon, that means people wanting to get the new one via Gratis, but if we did the 4G 20GB, then how could we?

Arguably, some may also lose or break the ones they have, and would want to get another, as well.

So even if just for the first reason, the policy of denying members from getting another on the same account, could be something that Gratis might want to review in future. (Provided, of course, that they complete a new offer they never signed up with before)

Just an idea....[/quote6218634556]

This would drain tons of their funds. I see so many people on this forum with well more than five greens, and hundreds of yellows. Some of these yellows might have gone through and were just not credited correctly. If Gratis lets you get unlimited iPods for every five offers, they will lose this money. Their money comes from wasted referrals (people with overflows, and people not trying to get an iPod).

Tholek

08-02-2005 22:30:59

[quote4731ba6f2d="FreeOffersNow"]Excellent points Tholek. However I'm not sure if they'll be worried about it. Gratis made a name for itself with FreeiPods.com, but if you think about it, technology advances so quickly that before we all need that 5G 80GB we are all hearing about....there will be a newer, hotter trend, and Gratis will launch a new site accordingly.[/quote4731ba6f2d]

They need not worry at all until it's out, and maybe even not then. My point is that [b4731ba6f2d]IF[/b4731ba6f2d] Apple continues with the standard name, unchanged since the first generation, [b4731ba6f2d]AND[/b4731ba6f2d] if iPods are as desirable at the time of release of that 5th Gen iPod, then it's more of a chore for Gratis to create a new site and register a new url, when "freeipods.com" would be the best one.

"free5gipods" just doesn't roll off the tongue the same way....

[quote4731ba6f2d="kighr"]This would drain tons of their funds. I see so many people on this forum with well more than five greens, and hundreds of yellows. Some of these yellows might have gone through and were just not credited correctly. If Gratis lets you get unlimited iPods for every five offers, they will lose this money. Their money comes from wasted referrals (people with overflows, and people not trying to get an iPod).[/quote4731ba6f2d]

Quite true, I would never expect them to.

What I actually suggested (above), was that the same account holder could continue to use the account, and get the newer, or replacement model, by completing another offer(s) for the new gift.

I think this, or something like it, might actually happen, as Gratis would have to create site after site for model revisions of current gifts, if their names remain unchanged.

Time will tell, I guess....

easportsea

11-02-2005 22:56:17

yea dont make 2 accounts on one website or they will put u on hold

easportsea

13-02-2005 18:03:51

that is a big NO cuz gratis is very strict now and ull be on hold

thomas moore

13-02-2005 18:11:38

[quoteff0f3717ea="easportsea"]that is a big NO cuz gratis is very strict now and ull be on hold[/quoteff0f3717ea]

i think thats already been explained there buddy roll