Went "shipped" 1/10, but still no iPod Photo....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5918

Tholek

07-02-2005 18:41:52

OK, firstly, does anyone have a specific contact email at Gratis for a situation like this? (PM me, if you'd rather not post it)

The problem (again), in a nutshell

My status goes "shipped" on 1/10

Gratis doesn't provide me a tracking number, either on the site, or by email, and won't answer when I repeatedly ask for it via Customer Inquiries (Way past autoresponses now). I know that at least one other person has received their Gratis iPod Photo via DHL, so I assume that's the carrier, but every shipping class they have, has tracking, so why Gratis didn't provide it, is strange. DHL cannot track without it, but the DHL deliveryman that handles my shipping address, states he hasn't delivered anything to that address for some time, and certainly not a package of iPod dimensions.

The words "Catch 22" come to mind.

At the moment, I couldn't be more convinced that my iPod was never shipped now, because if it was, were talking about a conspiracy of Watergate proportions to keep it out of my hands...

I need someone at Gratis to look into this, even if just to pull up the tracking number.

Perhaps an Admin can point me in the right direction, via PM?

Anonymous

07-02-2005 23:49:26

Hey Tholek,
Have you tried this method?

http//forums.gratisoffersguide.com/index.php?showtopic=1228

Should work if the package was actually sent...

Tholek

08-02-2005 00:23:52

That method has been posted here a few times as well, and if you'll look at some of those threads, you'll see I tried that method with no success.

My iPod is an iPod Photo, and while some have received it via DHL, I don't know if they are coming from efulfillment. Additionally, unless Gratis made an error, it may be that my iPod wasn't shipped DHL at all, or the order number/reference method to track is no longer valid, as my order number brings up a toatally unrelated shipment between two totally different parties.

Again, I think this calls for intervention by a higher power.....yes, I mean God. ;)

Tholek

09-02-2005 18:22:14

Just got my fdpc tracking info today, so why hasn't Gratis added tracking info to my fip page?

I wouldn't care if I had it already, but I still don't.....

Tholek

13-02-2005 02:26:56

UPDATE Finally got a reply to my customer inquiry....

[quotee64a585e8e="Gratis"]We're sorry for the delay. We have forwarded this issue to our product's manager for resolution.[/quotee64a585e8e]

Thank God for that. I was starting to think someone else got it!. )

Stroid

13-02-2005 12:34:57

Glad to hear things are beginning to move for you. D

Tholek

19-02-2005 15:23:24

I don't know if I'd go [id0b5a31d8d]that[/id0b5a31d8d] far, as that response was dated 2/11, and I haven't been contacted yet. (

Tholek

28-02-2005 20:25:46

My iPod photo has now shipped. )

I've no idea why I got lost in the shuffle, but at least I'm getting it now.

Narakukuku

28-02-2005 22:05:46

Great news
^_^
Odd though, my estimated delivery date is 3/1
But I live in NY and I just checked my tracking info....It says the ipod is now in Fresno, CA...?
I'm trying to figure out how the Ipod went from Michigan to Fresno, CA
when it should be heading in the opposite direction.
I'm officialy nervous.

Tholek

28-02-2005 23:12:07

Login to your account and recheck your shipping addrress.

If it hasn't changed, then wait a bit...it may have just gotten on the wrong plane. ;)

Narakukuku

01-03-2005 05:06:41

Well there is no way my shipping address list fresno, ca.
I can't imagine putting in the wrong address.
Either the page is just wrong or they were silly enough to put it on the wrong plane.

Tholek

01-03-2005 06:10:05

So, you checked freephotoipods.com, and your address was correct?

Narakukuku

01-03-2005 07:10:56

Yes, I know where I live.
But I just called dhl and it looks like they did put it on the wrong plane.
Now I have to wait till tomorrow afternoon.
Oh well, this is why I prefer ups.

Stroid

01-03-2005 07:17:42

Narakukuku call the 1800 from the DHL website and talk to a rep they will take care of you

PodTopia

01-03-2005 10:20:20

I far prefer DHL to any shipping service out there. They're fabulous.

FreeOffersNow

01-03-2005 11:15:19

[quote76cc24bb43="PodTopia"]I far prefer DHL to any shipping service out there. They're fabulous.[/quote76cc24bb43]

Except when they return the iPod photo you've already sold because of 2 failed delivery attempts. Not to mention that they only left one slip...

Narakukuku

01-03-2005 12:15:16

....Yeah
And I hope they don't lose my ipod while it's on its way from the west coast.
The customer service great but I also wish they would update the tracking status more often.
I remain a UPS girl.

Tholek

01-03-2005 17:44:37

DHL = garbage. (

Narakukuku

01-03-2005 18:18:34

Oh well, maybe dhl isn't so bad.
But I'm still upset about the ordeal. I gather they lost your Ipod too Tholek?
I'm feeling paranoid because all they could tell me was that the Ipod was "In transit."
But I do believe I'll get the ipod tomorrow.

Tholek

01-03-2005 22:44:14

[quote7f4fac94d3="Narakukuku"]Oh well, maybe dhl isn't so bad.
But I'm still upset about the ordeal. I gather they lost your Ipod too Tholek?[/quote7f4fac94d3]

No, my iPod was never actually shipped out, even though my status went "shipped". It was a Gratis error. (

My hatred of DHL goes back to lost packages from Germany (Where DHL is from), and cockups by Airborne Express (=DHL).

I once got a pair of someone else's license plates shoved under my door, and when I actually took the time (out of sympathy) to find a Airborne drop off box and drop it in, THEY PUT IT BACK UNDER MY DOOR. shock evil

DHL=Incompetency.

Stroid

01-03-2005 23:05:03

yeah they couldnt find my address today and they said that they did a delivery attempt on the website so i called them and they said the address wasnt valid. but it was and they sent another delivery truck out and he found my addy...i figure the first driver was retard

Narakukuku

02-03-2005 09:57:53

like the retard who sent my ipod all the way to the west coast.

I spoke with dhl again and it looks like I will not be receiving the ipod today.
They claim that the Ipod is on a truck from California to NY, but for all I know they could have lost the damn thing already.
I'm so pissed off right now, I don't have time for this. They've changed their story twice already.

another edit

Amazing. Spoke with another customer service rep and he claims that the package was never sent to California. That was only the location of the device or mainframe used to track it. This even though my tracking page says "departing origin Fresno, CA." His explanation was there is no record of the ipod being scanned into Fresno, CA. Rather than being on a truck from CA, the delay was caused by the bad winter storms we've been experiencing in the NY area. I don't know who to believe at this point. Really, I have no idea. I just hope the Ipod shows up by tomorrow.

Narakukuku

04-03-2005 16:09:47

Tholek, I hope my conflict is resolved as well. Looks like I'm in for a long wait.