Whoop!!!!!!!!!!! It's here....... So Maybe Off To Best Buy?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5894

jtfields

07-02-2005 13:29:51

Just got a call from my wife and DHL showed up with a package. That was fast service.

I went to Best Buy during lunch and they were out of both the 40GB and 20GB iPods. There's another one near me that I think has a couple of the 40GB iPods but no 20GB ones (at least as of last week.) I know a few months back some people were taking their free iPods in to Best Buy and paying the difference for a 40GB drive. Are people still having success with this? If I can keep myself from opening my free iPod tonight I may try to exchange it tomorrow.

I'm not sure why they would care. Other than the little bit of extra administrative hassle for them, they still end up with their money once they sell the 20GB that I return.

xlife

07-02-2005 13:45:03

let me know how the exchange goes. I want to do this for one of my ipods.

jtfields

08-02-2005 12:24:58

I went to four Best Buys and one Circuit City. None of them had any 40GB or 20GB iPods. A salesperson at one told me that the 40GB models are so backordered that they can't even place an order for them yet. Another salesperson at another store commented that for awhile they "couldn't get rid of the 40GB ones" but all of a sudden they started selling like hotcakes.

Well, I know I don't have the patience to wait for more 40GB models to show up especially considering I still don't know that they would have done it. Looks like I'm "stuck" with a free 20GB iPod. )

rae3rae

08-02-2005 12:58:41

[quote1696919c3a="jtfields"]I went to four Best Buys and one Circuit City. None of them had any 40GB or 20GB iPods. A salesperson at one told me that the 40GB models are so backordered that they can't even place an order for them yet. Another salesperson at another store commented that for awhile they "couldn't get rid of the 40GB ones" but all of a sudden they started selling like hotcakes.

Well, I know I don't have the patience to wait for more 40GB models to show up especially considering I still don't know that they would have done it. Looks like I'm "stuck" with a free 20GB iPod. )[/quote1696919c3a]

Ill take it off of your hands if youd like... ;)