Damaged WEGAs from STV 1/19 group

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5795

ah6tyfour

05-02-2005 17:38:52

I know there's already a damaged WEGA thread, but figured I'd start a new one for those of us who are still in possession of a damaged WEGA. Post here if you have one so we can update each other on what is being done.

I received 1 PM from someone else who received a damaged WEGA so I know I am not alone, hope this justifies a new thread.

So far, I have contacted Gratis via email==customerservice@freeipods.comcustomerservice@freeipods.com=customerservice@freeipods.comcustomerservice@freeipods.com/email and email==customerservice@freeflatscreens.comcustomerservice@freeflatscreens.com=customerservice@freeflatscreens.comcustomerservice@freeflatscreens.com/email and have also left a support ticket in my account....its been 4 days now and no response. I just made another post in the support ticket (my experience is after u post a follow-up, they tend to respond quickly) so hopefully I get an answer.

I called Sony Style Sales and they have issued an Return Freight claim # and have started the paperwork to have NVC Logistics pick up the damaged WEGA.

Only problem now is that I don't want them to take away the damaged WEGA until I know for sure from Gratis that someone will order me a replacement. I don't want the damaged one to go back, wait for credit to be given to Gratis' account, and end up with Gratis never replacing the TV.

Does anyone have direct contact info (direct email to staff or phone numbers)? Please PM me with contact info as returning damaged TVs is a time-sensitive process and must be dealt with prompt.

Absolutely

07-02-2005 11:54:16

Hopefully the fact that there arn't any responses for this thread shows that it is not a huge problem.

ah6tyfour

07-02-2005 16:20:25

true...

i know of at least 1 other person through the forums and another person who lives in my area

ah6tyfour

09-02-2005 00:43:17

I guess nobody else has a damaged WEGA, but just updating this thread so that anyone in the future who receives a dead WEGA will know what to do

Gratis responded to my support ticket and said to email= email=shabans@sonystylesales.comshabans@sonystylesales.com email=shabans@sonystylesales.comshabans@sonystylesales.com/email to receive a replacement TV.

Hopefully this person will respond to me tomorrow.. =)

fifijeep

09-02-2005 08:17:13

Well, I had the same problem, I received a damaged WEGA. So, after many (unsuccessful) attempts for Sony's help, I finally emailed the same person at Sony, and that worked. The day I dropped off my broken wega, the next morning the shipping company called to ask if I would be home that morning to accept the new one. So, apparently as soon as Gratis sees you have dropped the old one off, they send out the new one. Mine is working great now, but it wasn't damaged because it was sent directly from my town I noticed instead of shipped across 10 states. Hope you get yours soon!

Absolutely

09-02-2005 09:15:40

That is great news. Keep us updated ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour

10-02-2005 19:23:09

[quote3b4d4ce428="fifijeep"]Well, I had the same problem, I received a damaged WEGA. So, after many (unsuccessful) attempts for Sony's help, I finally emailed the same person at Sony, and that worked. The day I dropped off my broken wega, the next morning the shipping company called to ask if I would be home that morning to accept the new one. So, apparently as soon as Gratis sees you have dropped the old one off, they send out the new one. Mine is working great now, but it wasn't damaged because it was sent directly from my town I noticed instead of shipped across 10 states. Hope you get yours soon![/quote3b4d4ce428]

where did you drop yours off?

i just got a call from that guy whom i sent the email to...and he said that someone at Gratis has to call him directly to reorder the TV. So I'm right back to where I started. Wonder why Gratis had me email him if he needs to hear from Gratis directly...o well, at least now I'm communicating with actual humans.

fifijeep

14-02-2005 07:18:26

Well, I dropped it off at Fedex, who had delivered it to me. I had to call Sony repeatedly to get someone to help me. After emailing that guy from Sony, he did put in a return request order after about a week. So I just kept calling Sony until they recgonized that. Then they sent me via email a FedEx return slip, I posted it on my package, and that was it. I got the Wega the next day. I think the key is to be persistent with Sony reps, but don't bother the guy that's helping - he'll come thru. Just keep checking in. Hope it works!

ah6tyfour

14-02-2005 14:04:01

you didn't even go through Gratis?

they keep telling me that they only way to get a new TV is to have a Gratis rep call Sony directly to order the new one....

maybe i'll try again...

ah6tyfour

17-02-2005 17:49:47

hmm....its been a week now and Gratis has not responded to the support ticket....Is there any way to contact gratis directly? thanks!

ah6tyfour

22-02-2005 16:06:57

Hi,

Still no response from Gratis...can someone provide me with the extension number of someone at Gratis (through PM)? I know that Michael Reed is the person who helped the others on this board get their new TVs so I'd really appreciate it if someone could PM me his extension.

Its been over a month now and the guy from Sony decided to give me Gratis' number, but everyone seems to be on voice mail only and half of the people have full voice mail boxes... lisighli