icfreepod

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=577

davidatfsu

23-09-2004 13:55:51

This is a great program by the way. But I'm curious... does it update you on order status, or just referrals and account status?

Drakier

23-09-2004 14:11:18

it updates order status too.

TaterSalad

24-09-2004 13:13:24

I would recommend podwatch instead. It monitors all 3 gratis sites, and does everything that barebone ICFreepod does and more.

www.podwatch.com

Still in development. Look for future features such as email notification, etc.

Drakier

24-09-2004 14:15:59

lets not turn this into PodWatch vs ICFreePod again. Me and illicit had a long talk last night. Things are cool between us. Neither of us are trying to get users to switch or pick one over the other. We just both want to offer options for users. ICFreePod can do things like Web Statistics, and Emailing, SMS, etc... It doesn't monitor all sites. If you don't have all sites, then you might not care about monitoring all sites.

Eventually ICFreePod will monitor all sites. Until then, leave it up to the user to try them both. Let them decide for themselves which they want to use, and which fits their needs.

When I made ICFreePod, PodWatch didn't fit my needs. I needed more than what it did, and I wanted to customize it to do something else. So I did. Doesn't mean PodWatch is bad. Just wasn't what I needed or wanted.

No reason for anyone to go around bashing either one. They are both helpful programs and are both viable options for users who want to monitor their freeipod status.

Cyrus328is

24-09-2004 14:17:58

Well said Drakier. Thank you and illicit for the apps. They rock in what they do.

Cheers!

TaterSalad

24-09-2004 15:34:54

Thats good yall worked things out. I wasnt trying to start a debate again heh. Just thought I'd let him know about another prog.

buffity STRIX

24-09-2004 18:32:37

is it possible to run both?

Drakier

24-09-2004 20:09:52

technically you COULD run both, but I wouldn't completly recommend it. If you do end up running both, then I would disable the FreeIpods section of PodWatch while ICFreePod is running. That way they won't try to log in at the same time to get data, etc.. although with the new WebService, I'm not sure if it matters.

TaterSalad

24-09-2004 22:04:58

[quoteb681100809]ICFreePod can do things like Web Statistics, and Emailing, SMS, etc...[/quoteb681100809]

Umm... Does ICFreepod do this currently? I know its in the works for both podwatch and icfreepod. Maybe I just missed it, or I read your post wrong. Cuz I thought you said ICFreepod has sms, and I didnt see it.

Drakier

24-09-2004 22:29:53

It currently has the availability to do Web Updates (like the one on my site). The one downloaded from my site can do it currently. Just requires turning on a setting in the INI since I haven't been able to create an options page for it yet.

With that WebUpdate, a person can program an ASP or PHP page to do literally whatever they want it to do. SMS, Email, Webpage Stats, etc. Whatever you can do in ASP or PHP you can do with the WebUpdate since all it does is post a form to a webpage. It is up to the webpage owner to make the page actually do something, although I can provide sample code that does the MyStatus as you see on my page. I'm hoping that if this takes off that users would write and release more modules I could host on my site that would allow users to download and install and be able to do things like SMS and Email without having to write it themselves.

Does that answer your question?

TaterSalad

25-09-2004 09:15:20

Yes.

amaivs

15-01-2005 17:33:46

[quote1ae803c82c="TaterSalad"]I would recommend podwatch instead. It monitors all 3 gratis sites, and does everything that barebone ICFreepod does and more.

www.podwatch.com

Still in development. Look for future features such as email notification, etc.[/quote1ae803c82c]

Although podwatch.com watches the other sites, it doesn't watch the freephotoipods.com one.. /

I think by now, everybody has either gone to try on bigger and better things now.

Someone told me to go search up "ICFREEPOD" and thats how i found this topic.

Blurrz

16-01-2005 17:57:11

We need a program that will monitor all of these free sites.

FreeOffersNow

16-01-2005 17:58:38

your best bet is to hope drakier updates icfreepod

hovigga

16-01-2005 18:07:28

Well, icfreepod has gaming systems and photopods. just need shuffle and well be good.

FreeOffersNow

16-01-2005 18:25:34

shuffle + minimacs

Drakier

17-01-2005 08:09:56

minimacs and ipodshuffle are not yet part of the Gratis Webservice. As soon as they are put in there, I can update and release a new ICFreePod. Hopefully today. If not, I'll email them and ask them for an ETA on when it will be put in there.

FreeOffersNow

17-01-2005 09:48:05

Thank you!!!!

/me hates clicking in favorites as opposed to letting ICFreePod notify me

adenosine

17-01-2005 10:17:43

Maybe I should get this.. even tho I'm going for the mini mac.

Then I'd have a reason to promote the other offers.

I think maybe if I get the mini mac tho, it'll be a lot easier to promote, cuz nobody can say it's a scam to me?

Did anybody else find it was easier to get referrals after they got some free merchandise? Maybe I should've gone for something easy to get so I had it before I tried for the big stuff....

Drakier

17-01-2005 10:33:46

adenosine...

I've found its easiest to get the referrals by placing my links on popular site I own, or creating pages to be referenced around google and other places to get links.

My referrals aren't very big right now, even though I have received my freeipod, and I'm Processing for my free Nintendo DS.. I really wanted the FlatScreen the most. Then the DesktopPC after that. But I'm happy for whatever I can get.

I've found it really helps to have an established rep on the internet through some fan sites, or some online activity that people already know you by. Then you can introduce them to the Gratis sites, and get referrals that way.

Also.. make sure that if you actually have interest in receiving a product and you sign up under someone else (like you should to not waste referrals) that you do not wait until you have all your referrals completed before completing your own offer. Complete an offer right away because it moves the whole chain faster.

If everyone waited for their 5/8/10 referrals to complete, then no one would move anywhere. But if you complete, and someone was waiting on you, then they'll complete, and if someone was waiting on them, they'll copmlete, etc all the way up the chain.

Good luck!