Shop FreePay

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56858

jt643

15-03-2007 16:03:06

It's been a while since I've delved into the FreePay madness. (The 360 thing was a bit of a frustration! FreePay came through, but it was pretty frustrating.)

I happened upon the shopfreepay.com site and am working toward a Vista Ultimate upgrade.

I have completed all my offers, but it is taking over a week for me to get credit on things that are supposed to be 'instant verification'. In addition, I signed up for two credit cards. Received both of them this week. Still haven't received credit. In fact, one of the offers does not show up on my page at all!

I have emailed customer service (which it says they will respond in 3 days) but haven't heard back from them in over a week.

I know these things can take time, but with a 90 day limit, I just want to stay on top of it. Does anyone have any experience with this site, and can anyone give me any update on how the FreePay scene is going since their 360 debacle back in January?

Thanks!

Xavior

27-03-2007 09:17:36

I have gotten 1 item so far from there. Really fast to ship as well. Item came straight from Amazon.com. I am waiting for manual credit on many offers that I completed though. I have emailed customer service at many different email addresses and have received no respond in many days/weeks. I am tempted to call Rob Jewell and see if he has a different email that they will respond to.

aaronp88

29-03-2007 10:29:31

same thing happened to me, i applied for a credit card got approved and the offer i did disappeared from the page. i tried to contact them but they never get back to me. i'm so sick of these idiots, i still havent received my ps3 or a gift card.

priggy

03-04-2007 21:54:02

my order for Ghost Recon 2 got approved and processed almost imediately, but it's been 2 weeks and I still haven't received a package or seen any shipping info Anybody else had a similar thing happen?

aaronp88

04-04-2007 20:05:12

freepay is really pissing me off...its like they have zero customer service what so ever

jt643

06-04-2007 13:09:14

I am glad this thread has gotten some responses. I am now 30 days since my credit card approval(s). I have done 3 credit cards on the site. I still have not received credit from freepay. I have 4 out of 5 that have been really quick in getting credit.

I called Citi Cards, but of course they didn't know anything about FreePay. The ambiguity of the Terms and Conditions makes it difficult to claim any rights if one would attempt to file any claims.

I am planning on sending a registered letter to Gratis with all my email confirmations, letters, etc...from Citi Cards, since my request for manual credit (about 3 weeks ago) has not had any responses.

Has anyone had any luck with contacting them via snail mail?

topbillin1

06-04-2007 17:53:18

Sent them a letter wednesday so they should have gotten it by now, let's hope.

They put me on hold for gaming.freepay.com when I passed approval for bruman and gotten 10 referrals.... I sent a letter to the bbb about them and Gratis responded back to me saying I'm on hold for mulitple emails....

Anyway I found out I was on hold by the BBB letter, Gratis still haven't told me yet in the [b03a3d718ed]support[/b03a3d718ed] center... I mailed off a letter to them Wednesday and I have a number and I called and got a answering machine....

If they don't respond I'm complaining again with BBB and this time, I'll look into what I can do to really get them. They're a shitty company and they just don't give a fuck anymore....

OverMuch

18-04-2007 09:10:14

[quote4323d73229="jt643"]I

I have emailed customer service (which it says they will respond in 3 days) but haven't heard back from them in over a week.

I know these things can take time, but with a 90 day limit, I just want to stay on top of it. Does anyone have any experience with this site, and can anyone give me any update on how the FreePay scene is going since their 360 debacle back in January?

Thanks![/quote4323d73229]

I joined this forum to specifically address your question.

I, too, am having big problems getting any response from Shop.Freepay. It's my first time in the freebie world, and it's been a terrible experience to say the least.

On Shop.Freepay, I've yet to find any "Support Ticket" that I see referenced in these forums. I have contacted customer service via their email address given and through the site. The first email I sent was over a month ago, and not a single response.

I had completed all my offers for a PS3 in early March, and as of today, I still have two unverified offers (stamps.com and SunRocket)...and no response whatsoever from Freepay.

A quick google search brings up their phone number, which appears to now be a fax number.

I'm at my wit's end. Advice?

laurelwm

19-04-2007 05:25:27

I have not done Shop.freepay, but I've done (or tried to do, anyway) xbox360s.freepay.

What I have found is that they appear to NEVER answer support tickets (and I have heard this from others, not just my personal experience).

I would recommend staying away from Freepay (not that it really helps those of us in the middle of it, but hopefully will help others who are thinking about starting a site).

Someone did say there was a new Freepay rep on A4F, if he has not been overwhelmed with complaints and quit already.

OverMuch

25-04-2007 14:28:54

Shock of all shocks, I got a response from customer service today.

Granted, they answered the SIXTH email I sent to them...the email where I basically gave up and BEGGED them to answer me...but it was a response nonetheless.

I've been waiting well over a month for credit on two offers now to receive my PS3.

We'll see how this goes. I'm not expecting much.

laurelwm

27-04-2007 10:31:03

Yah, I finally got a response on one of my support tickets (saying "we can't tell you that"), the other two they closed without answering.

I'm really fed up with Freepay !!!

michae229

01-05-2007 07:16:29

finally my shit was ordered

joef_3

01-05-2007 17:26:28

I got a DS Lite and a DS game via shop.freepay.com with a minimum amount of hassel, which was nice. I gave up on trying to get an xbox 360 through them, tho, the C offers are hardly worthwhile.

luumon

03-05-2007 13:21:50

[quote0cad739f6a="joef_3"]I got a DS Lite and a DS game via shop.freepay.com with a minimum amount of hassel, which was nice. I gave up on trying to get an xbox 360 through them, tho, the C offers are hardly worthwhile.[/quote0cad739f6a]

how long did it take for you to recieved it? and do you know if it was orderd from a vendor? TIA

OverMuch

09-05-2007 11:28:39

Followup

After finally receiving a single response to my five emails to CS, I got a reply, as I noted in my above post.

I replied and heard nothing for about 3 weeks.

I finally emailed them again on Monday. I got a reply Tuesday. Granted, it was an automated reply that didn't answer my question whatsoever, but for FreePay, this is PROGRESS.

I emailed them back. Within 24 hours I my missing credits were FINALLY added. I've been waiting nearly two months.

My PS3 is now ordered. The funny thing is, I gave up and bought one about a month ago.

Guess I'll sell this one, assuming it ever arrives.

If anything, it looks like things are finally starting to move in a positive direction there. It's not nearly enough to make me use their service again, but maybe...just maybe...they hired some CS reps.

Here's hoping, and good luck to anyone who ever tries to use this service.

tylerc

16-05-2007 07:05:11

This is why you do not bother with FreePay, but good luck to everyone in getting what is owed to them.

downthesun

16-05-2007 09:54:56

I can't believe they are actually delaying shipments on PS3s. That's such a joke. PS3s are available anywhere. When the 360 fiasco was happening alot of people contacted the BBB, including me, and I think that helped get our order's shipped.

OverMuch

16-05-2007 10:06:02

I finally received it last Thursday. I had completed all my offers almost two months prior.

This was my first freebie experience, and almost my last. Luckily, Trainn changed my mind.

I'll NEVER deal with Freepay again. EVER.

ThSlug

18-05-2007 14:47:07

Just out of curiosity, has anybody done the RoadLoans offer? I've done it but never received credit... freepay is "looking into the matter"

luumon

18-05-2007 20:41:41

this is soo awesome. D i just recieved my samsung tv. didn't expect it. I finished all the requirements 2-3 weeks ago but didn't fax my w-9. finally faxed it this past tuesday and got the tv on friday. D

joef_3

29-05-2007 10:17:33

Sorry I didn't post earlier.

Both the game and the DS Lite were ordered through Amazon.com. The game shipped within a few days, the DS took about a week (which left me in the annoying position of having a game with no system to play it on for several days).

TheAngus

06-06-2007 19:41:35

Last week I got (after a week or two of waiting for final completion and many offers taken down, costing me about $20 in wasted money) I got both a Palm Z22 and a Sony PSP shipped to me QUICKER THAN I EVER IMAGINED.

I was even more shocked since the shipping updates didn't come until THE DAY OF the delivery.

Recently I had a lot of trouble with trying to get a free iMac that I've been working on for a long time, but after much trouble and a few e-mails to SFP, they finally credited my final offer (the credit card) within 9 business days, and it's on order now. I'm just hoping that the shipping is as fast as the other offers.

Oh yes, and I sent both the Palm Z22 and the Sony PSP back to Amazon for gift credit. Best idea I've ever come up with and I suggest everyone else to do the same. Pick the offers with the least referrals (the Palm is the best because you just have to do 2 Triangle offers and 1 Square to get a $99 Amazon credit), send it back and get credit. It rules.

If I've helped any of you, please give me a karma point, and GOOD LUCK!! )