referral question (sorta')

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5453

couldusesomehelp

31-01-2005 10:19:27

I referred a friend to sign up under me. And he did. Only I stupidly forgot to give him MY referral link...I just gave him the link to the site.

I know there's no way to retroactively link him to me once he's signed up.

And I know you can't sign up twice.

But here's my question he did set up an account with Gratis, but has not yet activated his account by clicking on the link in the email that was sent to him (nor has he completed an offer, but I think that's beside the point). So is his account active? or can he re-sign up (on a different computer), using his own personal info (again) and using my referral link, so he'll be signed up under me?

I guess, basically, I'm wondering if it matters if he's activated his account yet.

If the answer is no, it doesn't matter if he's activated his account or not, does anyone have any suggestions? (besides me getting a clue) I don't want to try to skirt the system in any way. It's just that this guy was willing to sign up and complete an offer under me, and I screwed it up. (

undertheradar

31-01-2005 11:06:34

Doesn't matter if he didn't activate the account, It's still in the gRatis system, so it will cause a red flag when you go to get your account approved. You may be able to explain it to them though.

amaivs

31-01-2005 11:42:31

[quote54e5650caa="couldusesomehelp"]I referred a friend to sign up under me. And he did. Only I stupidly forgot to give him MY referral link...I just gave him the link to the site.

I know there's no way to retroactively link him to me once he's signed up.

And I know you can't sign up twice.

[/quote54e5650caa]

You just answered your own question.

SoBeIcedT

31-01-2005 11:42:50

Gratis has been pretty helpful to me in the past. I would send them a customer service inquiry about this now so that they can help you out. make sure you explain exactly what happened. You want to make sure they are fully informed, I would bet that if you asked before having him create a second account that they would be able to link him to you or somthing.

FreeOffersNow

31-01-2005 12:25:46

They cannot retroactively link accounts; this information is straight from a Gratis customer service representative.

eugy

31-01-2005 15:42:40

no, there is nothing that can be done, they will not give you the credit even if they watched you mess up like this in person.. this has happened to me twice now i emailed htem about it the first time and they refused to fix it after 2 of my emails so i didnt even bother emailing them when it happened again.. They will just tell you that if you did it the right way you would have recieved credit and since you didnt do it the right way for whatever reason, they cannot give you your proper credit unfortunatly.. (

EatChex89

31-01-2005 16:29:17

what offers said...

because i signed up under offers for mini macs and ipod shuffles, and one of them didn't count as his refs (i wasn't even listed). Now you probably saying 'oh well you didn't press the ref link'. I can GUARANTEE you i NEVER visited those sites until offers gave me his ref link.

Then offers emailed them about this and they said that it was impossible for this to happen (bastards) and that they couldn't link accounts.

-----------
do NOT email gratis about this issue. Wait until you are put on hold, chances are you won't be since he didn't activate his account or anything. So try it, then when you get on hold email them and explain your situation.