Question about 2nd delivery attempt...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5214

pamelajoy

25-01-2005 20:22:35

My ipod was supposed to be delivered today but I guess they attempted to deliver while I was at work and no one answered the door (stupid deaf parents) but anyway... On the website it says to call a certain #, I call the number and it says they'll try back on the next business day following the first attempt but then it says something about if it's the 2nd attempt and there are special requirements (ie signature required) to punch in your zip code, of course this doesn't work right now because it's 11PM my time.

So should I call them in the morning or will they automatically come back tomorrow and attempt to deliver it again? The automated voice message was kind of confusing.

melnag26

25-01-2005 21:21:02

The same thing happened to me. On the DHL website, it says the expected delivery date was 01/27. So I wasn't expecting anything until Thursday. Well, they tried delivering it today. I missed it, but they left a message on my front doorknob. At the bottom of the tag, there's a signature part. You can sign that and they will leave the package at your door tomorrow. They will attempt a 2nd delivery. After the 2nd delivery attempt, I believe they put it on hold, and you can pick it up from their warehouse/station.

pamelajoy

25-01-2005 21:39:56

Mine was actually scheduled to come today but when I got home from work today around 330 it still hadn't arrived and I checked the dhl-usa.com website and it still said it was with the courier. I napped for about an hour and later this evening I checked the dhl-usa.com website again and it said at 428 they attempted to deliver, I don't know if that's just when they updated the website or what. I don't sleep deeply enough to not hear the doorbell ring, especially since the doorbell box is right outside my room. My parents would have been around too so I dunno.

They didn't leave any kind of slip for me to sign but I did leave a note saying if no one answers to just leave the package and signed my name. Hopefully they'll come back tomorrow and leave it.