Blockbuster SUCKS! and WTF is ipod+HP

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=521

cisco

22-09-2004 15:01:33

i see that everyone now is switching to ipod+hp, but what is the difference between a regular ipod and a +hp??
are they both not compatible w/ windows? the regular ipods say they are..

And as for blockbuster, i used them to do my offer, and then tried to cancel a week and a half later. i was told that i had no account with them, and wasnt registered at all.(though i did get credit for the offer on freeipods.com) But the a$$holes at blockbuster just charged me 20 bucks yesterday for something they said i wasnt even sign up for....WTF?
anyone else have this happen?

Artanis262

22-09-2004 15:03:31

[quote6b599f6ac0="cisco"]i see that everyone now is switching to ipod+hp, but what is the difference between a regular ipod and a +hp??

And as for blockbuster, i used them to do my offer, and then tried to cancel a week and a half later. i was told that i had no account with them, and wasnt registered at all.(though i did get credit for the offer on freeipods.com) But the a$$holes at blockbuster just charged me 20 bucks yesterday for something they said i wasnt even sign up for....WTF?
anyone else have this happen?[/quote6b599f6ac0]

There is no difference between an HP iPod and an Apple iPod, except that the HP iPod has the HP logo beneath the Apple logo on the back. And as for what happened with your offer, I'm not sure.

thesacrifice

22-09-2004 15:09:01

dont be a moron, read the blockbuster requirements, you cant cancel until your two week trial is up

PallarAndersVisa

22-09-2004 15:14:49

i, along with 2 or 3 of my referals canceled the blockbuster thing as soon as they recieved credit approval for it. and I have been sent to vendor, waiting on product since the 15th. no holds

ZJamaican

22-09-2004 15:18:22

For blockbuster does it really take 2 full weeks to receive credit or do you get credit earlier. Also say I recieve credit in 3 days fomr some reason can I then call them up and cancel or no? Thanx.

ThisSunAlsoRises

22-09-2004 15:22:58

yea... in the terms it says that the 2 weeks aren't a free trial, they're just an additive to the subscription. You can't cancel during the two weeks because the deal you signed up for was "two free weeks after you've been billed you can cancel"... it's like getting a special deal with cingular. when you sign up you get the first X months for $29.99, but then after X months it costs Y dollars more.

ZJamaican

22-09-2004 15:37:41

I see but does it really take 2 full weeks to get credit?

shifuimam

22-09-2004 15:39:51

the blockbuster deal has CHANGED from when a lot of other people did it. I think you DO have to wait the two full weeks to get credit and cancel, otherwise it won't count.

PallarAndersVisa

22-09-2004 16:34:38

back when i did it, the credit was instant. thats why i told all my friends to do it

never knew it changed

ZJamaican

22-09-2004 18:17:30

pallar did you cancel it right after you got credit or what?

PallarAndersVisa

22-09-2004 18:29:07

yup

Anonymous

22-09-2004 18:34:36

I did the blockbuster deal a few weeks ago and got credit the next day. So it was fast. I didnt have to wait two weeks. I did get charged the 20$, but it is worth it.

davidatfsu

22-09-2004 19:15:31

[quote60c8bb4ef2="Takenover83"]I did the blockbuster deal a few weeks ago and got credit the next day. So it was fast. I didnt have to wait two weeks. I did get charged the 20$, but it is worth it.[/quote60c8bb4ef2]

I cancelled in about 5 seconds and got credit. This was about 3 days ago. Now I'm in "processing." Infone is probably the best, but blockbuster worked for me.

Hots

22-09-2004 20:09:45

Doesn't look like Infone is an option anymore \

Don't have any referrals yet, any consensus on what the second best offer is?

cisco

22-09-2004 20:23:05

sorry, thesacrifice, your the only moron here. i read the TOS before signing up
Your Payment Card will be charged the recurring monthly membership fees and any applicable sales tax on the day following the expiration of your free trial period unless you have chosen to cancel your subscription prior to the conclusion of the free trial period. YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE END OF THE FREE TRIAL OFFER TO AVOID CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT CARD. You will not receive any notification from BLOCKBUSTER Online at the expiration of your free trial. Please note the expiration date of your free trial for your records.

I did just as the current TOS states and was still charged. Not only that but I was told by Blockbuster a week ago that i didnt even HAVE a membership there, free or not. So, according to blockbusters TOS, I got ripped off.

bfedorov11

25-09-2004 22:23:55

Your trial begins when you sign up. Read the TOS. I just signed up two days ago and received credit for it already. It's the best deal imo.. Free dvds for 2 weeks, 3 at a time.

Anyone know what times the blockbuster deal comes up???

thesacrifice

25-09-2004 23:28:46

read the popup when you click blockbuster.... two weeks.. anythign else is fraudulent

himurak23

26-09-2004 00:07:47

Infone is still an option on my page. How does that one work? Can you apply then wait a couple of days and cancel it without any charges? I heard ancestry.com is also the same way. Thanks

mremis

26-09-2004 00:18:06

hey, if you sign up for blockbuster, dont get any credit and then cancel it will you get charged $20??

this was three days ago

yonatan

26-09-2004 06:08:04

[quote900ac57e71="cisco"]sorry, thesacrifice, your the only moron here. i read the TOS before signing up
Your Payment Card will be charged the recurring monthly membership fees and any applicable sales tax on the day following the expiration of your free trial period unless you have chosen to cancel your subscription prior to the conclusion of the free trial period. YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE END OF THE FREE TRIAL OFFER TO AVOID CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT CARD. You will not receive any notification from BLOCKBUSTER Online at the expiration of your free trial. Please note the expiration date of your free trial for your records.

I did just as the current TOS states and was still charged. Not only that but I was told by Blockbuster a week ago that i didnt even HAVE a membership there, free or not. So, according to blockbusters TOS, I got ripped off.[/quote900ac57e71]

Just go to the BBB[=http//www.betterbusinessbureau.org]BBB and file a complaint against them. You shouldn't be charged for an error on their part (or for the stupidity of a customer support representative).

yonatan

26-09-2004 10:54:36

[quoteeee42a18a2="Artanis262"][quoteeee42a18a2="cisco"]i see that everyone now is switching to ipod+hp, but what is the difference between a regular ipod and a +hp??

anyone else have this happen?[/quoteeee42a18a2]

There is no difference between an HP iPod and an Apple iPod, except that the HP iPod has the HP logo beneath the Apple logo on the back. And as for what happened with your offer, I'm not sure.[/quoteeee42a18a2]

You may wanna read the HP vs. iPod post.