Acenstry OFfer and Completeing

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=514

anaoshak

22-09-2004 13:51:37

Anyone know when to cancel the offer when its the last thing you need to complete the whole free ipods process? Can i cancel it while im waiting for gratis to confirm my referals? Does that take the full 5 days or less? AHH SO MANY QUESTIONS. Also does acenstry charge you if you cacnel the trial without notice, like AOL does sometimes.

Drakier

22-09-2004 13:55:22

to cancel Ancestry.com you have to call them.

Read their Terms of Service page.

anaoshak

22-09-2004 13:57:26

yeah i know. im dreading the 20 minute conversation.

EliteABombAZ

22-09-2004 13:59:01

Ancestry didn't charge me after canceling... but they were a bitch to get them to cancel... they told me... "Can I help you with your search?" I was like..." No thanks...the site just wasn't what I thought it would be..." Then she was like, "I'll email you some tips on how to get better search results." She didn't even give me a chance to say no... she just disconnected. I called back an hour later and said that their tips didn't make a difference... and I wanted to cancel. They gave me a confirmation # too!

LMAO!.... they gave my friend the same kinda run around... so he finally BLEW up at the guy and said , "LOOK! I ONLY SIGNED UP FOR THIS SHliT TO GET A FREE IPOD! I DON'T WANT YOUR SERVICE... CANCEL IT!" They promptly canceled after that. LOL!

Drakier

22-09-2004 14:37:58

I've realized that when dealing with companies, it is best to have a gameplan already, and then from there, be professional and courteous. Don't lie as it will only get you in deeper and get them asking more questions.

For the ancestry.com offer, simply call them up and tell them you would like to cancel your subscription. When they ask what the reason is, say you signed up because you were referred there by a friend, but you don't have a real use for the service, nor do you want to pay $200 a year for it.

After that, they might ask you a couple more questions, but they will cancel. My friend did that, and was off the phone within 10 minutes of calling. Pretty quick if you ask me. I was only on the AOL one for about 12 minutes (22 if you count the 10 minute hold).

Relik

22-09-2004 14:45:48

I dunno, I tried to be honest when I called AOL, I was on the phone for 45 minutes, and the call ended finally when I cussed out the woman on the other line, and she finally canceled it hehe

=relik

ilferetl

22-09-2004 15:09:12

ya .. aol kept talking and i just kept saying no. when my bf did it, he told them he sold his computer cuz he needed the money and aol was like .. ok .. and cancelled it pretty quick

ThisSunAlsoRises

22-09-2004 15:28:26

all i did was e-mail email==cancel@ancestry.comcancel@ancestry.com=cancel@ancestry.comcancel@ancestry.com/email with the info they requested cuz my family had nothing at all on it.

anaoshak

22-09-2004 21:45:48

are you being serious? or just joking?

if not, this could save me lots of time. Thanks.
by the way where did you find out where their cancelation email address was.

Starfury

23-09-2004 00:20:52

The cancellation email address does NOT work for people in the US. I know cause I tried that first.

Their message

"PLEASE NOTE As a US subscriber, you will be unable to contact us at
this email address (cancel@ancestry.com). Your email will not be fully
processed or personally responded to.

We are unable to process domestic (US) cancellation requests by email.
This email address (cancel@ancestry.com) is only for the use of
international (non-US) subscribers who are unable to use our toll free
number. This is explained in our Terms and Conditions at the following
URL

http//www.ancestry.com/legal/terms.htm#Fees

If you wish to discuss your subscription or billing history with one of
our Account Services Representatives, please call 1-800-262-3787 and
select the appropriate option at the prompt. Account Services is
available between the hours of 6 AM and 8 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8 AM to 5 PM Mountain Standard
Time.

Thank you,
Ancestry.com"

ThisSunAlsoRises

23-09-2004 00:22:44

guess i was an exception... heh

anaoshak

23-09-2004 11:45:24

took me 2 minutes to cancel, i just say my acenstors came from Iran, and they have no records of iran , so it was canceled quick and simple.