Agh! Whats going on with my referrals credit?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5004

Zarxrax

21-01-2005 11:21:05

I am starting to get the feeling that gratis is NEVER going to give me an ipod. I've been stuck at 4 referrals for months. Then I found a 5th referral. He signed up to trimlife, but never received credit for it. I then got him to sign up for real rhapsody. AGAIN, he never got credit for it. I had him contact gratis about the credit twice (through the form on the website), and he never got any sort of responses! I then tried contacting gratis myself, about 5 days ago, and I've not received any sort of response either!

Then 2 days ago, I got yet another person to sign up under me. He did the freebidding.com offer, which is supposed to give you instant credit. I STILL have no credit on him!

WTF is going on here? I am getting absolutely fed up with this, and I don't know what I can do about it.

Redundancy

21-01-2005 11:37:21

You haven't received responses from Customer Service? Not even an automated response?

If you've received an automated response, try asking for a human response.

Zarxrax

21-01-2005 12:09:45

Nope! Absolutely no response whatsoever!

Redundancy

21-01-2005 12:12:58

You should try again. If you don't get any type of response after several tries, try snail mail.

J4320

21-01-2005 15:55:38

Something like that happened to me. It sucked. I unofficialy got gratis 7 greens for free ipods. I sent them a message like this

"I finally got someone to sign up under me and do an offer for video professor. I have 4 greens and he would have been my last referral. He clicked my link and signed up and did video professor and got credit, but he is nowhere on my list. He was using firefox he said, and I think that's the problem. He signed up using the email- lililililililili. I'm extremely anxious to get my last green, and when I didn't get credit, I was very confused. Is there any way I can get credit for that?"

Then, they sent me this response

"IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE RECEIVE YOUR FREE PRODUCT YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING

Successfully complete at least one offer from our site and have your individual referrals successfully complete at least one offer each.

The necessary number of referrals for each site is listed in the site Terms & Conditions.

These referrals must be unique individuals; you will not receive credit for users that are not unique.

You must meet the individual offer completion requirement and have the required number of referrals complete offers in order to receive your free product. You cannot substitute your offer completion(s) in place of having your referrals complete offers; Nor can a referral’s offer completion substitute for your offer completion requirement.

In order to receive referral credit for your account, your referrals must join via your unique referral link. You can send your referral link to your friends via email, instant messaging, or you can post your referral link online for them to use. They must join correctly using this link or your account will not receive credit for them. Please note The order in which you or your referrals complete offers will have no effect on receiving credit for offer completion, only correctly completing an offer will affect this. Account verification also will have no effect on this process, but must be completed before you can be approved to place an order."

So then I asked for a human response.

eugy

21-01-2005 16:41:48

[quote75f18047f3="J4320"]Something like that happened to me. It sucked. I unofficialy got gratis 7 greens for free ipods. I sent them a message like this

"I finally got someone to sign up under me and do an offer for video professor. I have 4 greens and he would have been my last referral. He clicked my link and signed up and did video professor and got credit, but he is nowhere on my list. He was using firefox he said, and I think that's the problem. He signed up using the email- lililililililili. I'm extremely anxious to get my last green, and when I didn't get credit, I was very confused. Is there any way I can get credit for that?"

"IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE RECEIVE YOUR FREE PRODUCT YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING

Successfully complete at least one offer from our site and have your individual referrals successfully complete at least one offer each.

The necessary number of referrals for each site is listed in the site Terms & Conditions.

These referrals must be unique individuals; you will not receive credit for users that are not unique.

You must meet the individual offer completion requirement and have the required number of referrals complete offers in order to receive your free product. You cannot substitute your offer completion(s) in place of having your referrals complete offers; Nor can a referral’s offer completion substitute for your offer completion requirement.

In order to receive referral credit for your account, your referrals must join via your unique referral link. You can send your referral link to your friends via email, instant messaging, or you can post your referral link online for them to use. They must join correctly using this link or your account will not receive credit for them. Please note The order in which you or your referrals complete offers will have no effect on receiving credit for offer completion, only correctly completing an offer will affect this. Account verification also will have no effect on this process, but must be completed before you can be approved to place an order."

So then I asked for a human response.[/quote75f18047f3]

did you get a human response? this same thing happened to me TWICE.. the first time they said they coudlnt do anything about it and i was pretty upset and did a follow up, yet again they refused to give me my credit. Then that same day another one of my friends incorrectly signed up under me nad i didnt get credit again.. so thats 4 greens iv actually gotten freeipods but only got credit for 2.. Honestly they dont care if you fuck up, they have hteir own set of rules and if you mess up its not their problem.. Not exactly the most honorable thing to do but i dont expect much less.. I gave up and i didnt even email them after my 2nd referral mess up. I am quite upset, my birthday is next week but they arent going to give me my proper credit..

Zarxrax

21-01-2005 17:30:28

The thing is, with both people I told them exactly how to do it, and explained to use IE, and how to see if the site still says freeipods.com in the url bar, etc. I know for a fact that they all did everything correctly.

And none of us are even getting automated responses >_<
Hopefully I'll get at least SOME sort of response if I keep firing off a new message every day or so >.>

J4320

21-01-2005 17:55:40

[quote815479e011="eugy"][quote815479e011="J4320"]Something like that happened to me. It sucked. I unofficialy got gratis 7 greens for free ipods. I sent them a message like this

So then I asked for a human response.[/quote815479e011]

did you get a human response? this same thing happened to me TWICE.. the first time they said they coudlnt do anything about it and i was pretty upset and did a follow up, yet again they refused to give me my credit. Then that same day another one of my friends incorrectly signed up under me nad i didnt get credit again.. so thats 4 greens iv actually gotten freeipods but only got credit for 2.. Honestly they dont care if you fuck up, they have hteir own set of rules and if you mess up its not their problem.. Not exactly the most honorable thing to do but i dont expect much less.. I gave up and i didnt even email them after my 2nd referral mess up. I am quite upset, my birthday is next week but they arent going to give me my proper credit..[/quote815479e011]

Nope, haven't gotten a human response yet.

eugy

21-01-2005 22:21:16

yea i got a human response on both.. both of which said to just basically do it the right way and to get new referrals.
I as well ran both of my friends through the process over aol instant messanger and have conversations for both, i have suffiecient proof that shows they meant to give me my referral credit, it was my birthday present from both of them, but yet it was not enough to get my proper credit.

Zarxrax

22-01-2005 11:18:40

I have a question regarding the "View Customer Service Inquiries" under Accounts. Is it supposed to list anything where you have contacted gratis through the forms in the faq, or does it only list when they respond to you?

J4320

22-01-2005 11:26:03

It lists all of your conversations with gratis. Their responses to you, and your requests.

Zarxrax

22-01-2005 11:41:39

Hmm, well i contacted them twice now through the forms on their website, and my friend contacted them twice through the forms, and neither of us have anything listed there.

J4320

22-01-2005 13:19:33

Great, this happened to me again on free gaming systems.

Zarxrax

22-01-2005 15:57:53

I think I got it now! I tried contacting gratis through internet explorer instead of firefox. When it hit send, it gave me a page not found error, then i hit back and hit send again, and this time an item finally appeared in my customer service inquiries!