infone hope

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=491

ThisSunAlsoRises

22-09-2004 01:30:04

lol my friend is doing the infone offer for the third time to try and get credit. I made him take a screen of the welcome screen with the freeiPods.com link and everything. gotta be safe. so far it hasn't gone through for him cry

ThisSunAlsoRises

22-09-2004 01:51:09

...didn't work. he's trying ancestry but he doesn't wanna go through because he thinks it has to do with cookie blocking. even when he has the sp2 firewall off, all cookies allowed and special settings (override) ie still blocks cookies. wtff

kingjester33

22-09-2004 10:47:46

Infone won't take my Debt card which i use for everything! Anyone else have this problem?

ThisSunAlsoRises

22-09-2004 15:33:27

this has to do with how they bill. they say in their help page that credit cards are the best way to bill and that's why they don't do it any other way.

shifuimam

22-09-2004 15:36:18

Does anyone know why for some people it's taking FOREVER to credit? my boyfriend did infone like a week ago and it still hasn't credited. (

ThisSunAlsoRises

22-09-2004 15:57:25

ok here's what you have to do... turn your firewall off, allow all cookies from freeipods.com and actually allow all cookies. override your cookie preferences to allow ALL cookies...
then, call infone and cancel the subscription..
use freeipods to sign up again, only this time make sure you don't see the eye with the red sign at the bottom of ie (make sure you use ie) throughout any piece of the process. otherwise it doesn't count. trust me. MANY problems with it.

you'll never get credit for it if it can't send and receive cookies. unless you wanna wait it out and provide proof to gratis you signed up for it. of course they may still not give you credit.

snak3y3z1001

22-09-2004 16:02:48

just email them. i did the infone for my ffs about 3 weeks ago. didnt get credit so i emailt them. a auto response will come up. then just give reply back with confirmation email that infone sent u .

shifuimam

22-09-2004 23:37:21

can you repeat that in normal English, please? Thanks ever so much.

ThisSunAlsoRises

22-09-2004 23:45:09

me?

well if it's me...

it has to do with the cookies your computer can accept. if, when you're trying to do the infone offer (on the first sign up screen) there is the eye symbol with the red circle in the bottom right you comp is blocking cookies. you need to double click it (if you have windows xp sp2) and right click the cookies it blocked and allow them.

then you need to make sure you start from scratch and either cancelling your infone subscription (really easy takes about 5 minutes by calling them) or using a new number/credit card. it should work.

or yea, just wait the 15 days and go to the FAQs of freeipods.com and go through all the questions and send an e-mail. then they'll respond.

wordz

23-09-2004 00:09:58

infone doesnt take debit except for visa

sootroom

23-09-2004 05:54:27

[quote15534ce66c="wordz"]infone doesnt take debit except for visa[/quote15534ce66c]

Not true. I used my mastercard debit.

shifuimam

23-09-2004 06:31:04

[quote6d52d522bf="ThisSunAlsoRises"]me?

well if it's me...

it has to do with the cookies your computer can accept. if, when you're trying to do the infone offer (on the first sign up screen) there is the eye symbol with the red circle in the bottom right you comp is blocking cookies. you need to double click it (if you have windows xp sp2) and right click the cookies it blocked and allow them.

then you need to make sure you start from scratch and either cancelling your infone subscription (really easy takes about 5 minutes by calling them) or using a new number/credit card. it should work.

or yea, just wait the 15 days and go to the FAQs of freeipods.com and go through all the questions and send an e-mail. then they'll respond.[/quote6d52d522bf]

Heh...no I understood you. Thanks for clarifying, though. I meant the other guy who said something but I'm not sure what, since there were enough abbreviations, words left out entirely, and misspellings that it was impossible to understand what he was talking about.

I love kids.

big poop

23-09-2004 12:32:43

probably the only shady thing about doing FFS or FIP is the fact that gratis can monitor where you go on the internet all they want (it says it in their privacy policy), which is why if you have cookies blocked, the infone offer won't work (<according to this thread).

kingjester33

23-09-2004 13:00:59

[quote7c4d66c0fa="wordz"]infone doesnt take debit except for visa[/quote7c4d66c0fa]

Which is what I have but it's still not working.