sharing an account - did i mess up?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4871

penguin

18-01-2005 17:02:47

i'm going to feel really really stupid and kick myself if i've screwed myself over.

my brother created an account at freeipods w/ his name (his first + our shared last name) and our home address at the initial sign-up screen. he gave up on it before ever getting any referrals or completing offers for himself or anyone else. i asked him to let me take over the account and try my hand at it b/c i knew only one account was allowed per household. so under the account section he changed his email to my email address and the first name to my first name.

so far, i have 3 greens. 2 of them came from trading- i signed up for freehandbags and freeminimacs. on those two sites i filled in my first name + last name, home address and the email address my brother switched his for for freeipods. the webcert i used to complete 1 offer (i've only done 1 so far) is in my name.

do you think gratis will consider this sharing? i only have a single account at each site all w/ the same home address but the first name differs for some of them. i messed around before i gave this any thought and changed the email address for the minimacs site and the first names under accounts. this is the info i found from the freeipods site

[bf8ee9e9811]from the freeipods privacy policy[/bf8ee9e9811]
Potential users who reside in households with multiple people are recommended to share an account.

[bf8ee9e9811]from the freeipods terms & conditions[/bf8ee9e9811]
Only one account is allowed per shipping address... If there is more than one user at a shipping address, we suggest that they share an account. All accounts which are found to contain shared shipping addresses will be placed on hold.

hovigga

18-01-2005 17:23:31

from hearing reasons why others have gotten put on hold...your prolleh screwded

Stroid

18-01-2005 17:31:09

i think you will be ok aslong as their is one account per household you should be fine. Although they may find other reasons to put you on hold.

penguin

18-01-2005 17:33:43

[quote6ce7bb1b75="stroid"]i think you will be ok aslong as their is one account per household you should be fine. [b6ce7bb1b75]Although they may find other reasons to put you on hold.[/b6ce7bb1b75][/quote6ce7bb1b75]

reasons related to me? or my referrals? man, this kills me b/c i was so careful about everything else.

Stroid

18-01-2005 17:36:36

well i was on hold 4 times for no reason at all so you can never tell. i think you sharing an account is ok since you didnt create another one thats really good because alot of people on this forum do that and they are screwed. And lets just hope your referrals didnt do anything wrong. i would continue getting the remaining referrals because you are to far along in this to give up. The worst that will happen is that the will not give you an ipod and you will just have to get it from another site like OC or tech4free.

GenesisX

18-01-2005 17:40:34

[quote0befb16b1f="stroid"]well i was on hold 4 times for no reason at all so you can never tell. i think you sharing an account is ok since you didnt create another one thats really good because alot of people on this forum do that and they are screwed. And lets just hope your referrals didnt do anything wrong. i would continue getting the remaining referrals because you are to far along in this to give up. The worst that will happen is that the will not give you an ipod and you will just have to get it from another site like OC or tech4free.[/quote0befb16b1f]
This question of mine came up in another thread, but am I screwed then, because I have about 3 freeipods accounts (1 "active," 2 unused and ditched) and I think 2 mp3players4free accounts (1 active, 1 ditched). It would genuinely suck if I was put on hold or disqualified, etc. ?

Stroid

18-01-2005 17:42:54

dude didnt you sign up under me for mp3players and you didnt go green is that the ditched account

Stroid

18-01-2005 17:45:38

anythingipod isnt that you! this better not screw me i have 4 greens

GenesisX

18-01-2005 17:52:13

Oh no, that's the active account. I so far have 4 yellows. Right now, I'm not even sure I can get my own 5 referrals cuz things are goin slowly for me. Anyway, don't worry, I didn't ditch that.

Btw, it wouldn't affect you if I did my offer but I was put on hold would it? I mean, if I complete an offer, it's done for good, right? Not like, "You have done this offer but we don't feel like giving you credit for having done this offer because you have an extra account registered, which you haven't used at all."...I hope

Stroid

18-01-2005 17:53:28

OK did you complete an offer because you arent green yet

Dais781

18-01-2005 18:13:21

What do they mean 'share an account'? Do they mean share an Ipod? HA I aint sharing wid nobody!! LOL P