Am I screwed?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4720

am_pcguy

14-01-2005 20:12:39

I got my 5 referrals, BUT one of them signed in 3 times under 3 different e-mails. They only completed one offer and it was the last one I needed to get my 5.

Are the 2 other accounts he created going to put me in "hold" status. I wasn't trying to pull anything. That last referral just couldn't follow instructions... I got my 5 unique no problem, actually one of my referrals has 5 now too.

What do you think? Anything I should do?

Thanks

Collateral

14-01-2005 20:14:06

o What an idiot! It's always possible that you will be put on hold. If he only used one account and left the other 2 alone you might be able to slip by without being put on hold. D

CoMpFrEaK

14-01-2005 21:39:58

[quote7cadef5090="am_pcguy"]I got my 5 referrals, BUT one of them signed in 3 times under 3 different e-mails. They only completed one offer and it was the last one I needed to get my 5.

Are the 2 other accounts he created going to put me in "hold" status. I wasn't trying to pull anything. That last referral just couldn't follow instructions... I got my 5 unique no problem, actually one of my referrals has 5 now too.

Thanks[/quote7cadef5090]

it can possibly put you on hold, BUT as long as the IP of that guy isnt the same as YOUR then you have a chance of
1. not being on hold, but having those referrals deemed bad
2. having a case against the hold

but then again if that guy isnt a idiot and did it on all different computers/houses/addresses/credit card it may work, lol

amaivs

14-01-2005 21:58:14

[quote620010aa13="am_pcguy"]I got my 5 referrals, BUT one of them signed in 3 times under 3 different e-mails. They only completed one offer and it was the last one I needed to get my 5.

Thanks[/quote620010aa13]

I don't think you'll be put on hold or be 'screwed' in that situation. Some friend of mine had his two emails on as referal but only one email completed an offer and the other didn't. but the weird thing was, he never did sign up at all. LOl. funny how it worked?

Anyhow, nothing went wrong, I wasn't put on hold nor had any trouble. I received my mini ipod just fine!!!

DON'T WORRY!

am_pcguy

15-01-2005 05:51:21

Cool, thanks...

I'm excited about getting the iPod. It took me 5 days to get 5 referrals. He was the last one and I saw what he did and though Oh Great!

I did have him log in and explain the other two emails were a mistake. Hopefully that will clear up the problem, if there is one.

Thanks for the reply.

am_pcguy

20-01-2005 08:48:50

Just to update - Yes I was screwed by that guy. I sent gratis a message but it looks like I will need one more referral.

LizM

20-01-2005 10:31:06

Wow. That's not good news. It sounds like they're getting really really strict. I have a similar problem with my account. Crap.