Two refferals on hold, but I'm not?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4668

Lance

13-01-2005 05:48:22

Ok, I wrote this yesterday in the Help Me section, but it got zapped so I'm assuming that the forum gods thought in inappropriate for that section. Then again, it was rambly and I think I kinda lost my point.

So anyway, got my 5, requested approval, 2 referrals got denied. However, I'm not on hold, which after reading a lot of posts on here seemed kind of odd to me. I know all 5 people that went green, 3 of which are co-workers (read also similar IP addresses) and 2 of those went grey/on hold. My only clue there is they both have hotmail addresses, and I do too. So I went through CS and they basically told me no, they're in violation of the T&C. Can I start that process again and can I get them off hold, or do they need to do it themselves?

Stroid

13-01-2005 06:26:20

[quote325d4bee13] Can I start that process again and can I get them off hold, or do they need to do it themselves?[/quote325d4bee13]

Do you mean sign up for gratis again if so no you cannot. What you need to do is have the two people on hold send gratis an email and see if they will remove the hold. You also need to send gratis an email saying that you are on hold no violation so they will remove the hold on your account. I don't know how likely it will be that your account gets taken off hold cause you did violate the TOS, well not you specifically but two of your referrals did. So hopefully it will work out for you. Maybe you will just have to get two new referrals. Good Luck!

Lance

13-01-2005 06:49:15

Oh, no, I think I may have confused you. What I mean by "start the process again" is the process of getting my referrals off hold. I've had both of them start the process, but neither are interested in actually getting an iPod for themselvs. (One already has one) So, no, I'm not going to start a whole new account. I also am quite certain that non of us broke the T&C, as I've read them probably 3 or 4 times. I honestly do nt know why they're on hold.

Stroid

13-01-2005 06:55:05

definitly get them to appeal the hold. and at the same time try to get more referrals this way gratis is more likeyl to approve you!

Lance

13-01-2005 09:18:42

My referrals have both started the "get me off hold" process w/ gratis, and I also sent an email via Hold-No violation that states that I'm not on hold, two referrals, blah blah. I did ask that they review this manually, because I think they're getting thrown by the similar IP addresses, and quite possibly the same ISP address. Combine that with 3 hotmail accounts, and I'd be that's why. We'll see!

Oh, and if anyone want to be a referral for me, PM me!!! ;-)