Blockbuster - no longer free /or/ instant

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4667

Godrockdj

13-01-2005 05:43:19

It appears that yes indeed, all good things must come to an end. The blockbuster offer is no longer free to try for a two week trial. Well in a manner of speaking it is. You get to pay $9.99 for a month's trial instead of the normal $20 for the month.

And also, the crediting is no longer instant as it has been for the past two days. Like I said in an earlier post a friend of mine signed up for the process and was not instantly credited. I was worried that he had done something wrong, but now I know he didn't. My fiance got a coworker to sign up and he walked her through the whole process perfectly. He even paid the 9.99 for her since they both thought it was going to be free. No instant credit. Oh well.

This was a major selling point for me to my skeptical friends. Now what to do?

gman225

13-01-2005 06:11:11

It's normally only 14.99...just pay for your friends if they don't want to do it themselves...you're still getting an ipod for $50...or do another free service like eFax

Godrockdj

13-01-2005 06:36:30

We did, actually, already pay the $10 for someone last night ?

GenesisX

13-01-2005 10:30:58

Agh. That...sucks...ass... So is there some other offer that's free and fast?

adenosine

13-01-2005 10:34:22

This is true.

I got one of my referrals last night to sign up for the blockbuster deal (on the Mini Mac site) and despite the fact that it said that he would get credit as soon as he signed up, he didn't and neither did I.

I don't mind the $10 for the trial... but at least it could be instant...

GenesisX

13-01-2005 10:45:09

Actually, is there anything on freeipods.com OR on mp3players4free that's a good offer (free and fast)? mp3players4free seems to have a large selection to choose from. (but are they good?)

bceagles04

13-01-2005 13:19:41

NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I had pitched to all of my friends (im in HS) that they could do a FREE bb offer D But now, they make it $9.99 cry It was going to be REALLY tough to get 5 friends who's parents would shell out their CC, now it will be IMPOSSIBLE. None of my friends will do it, and i only have 2 relatives that would even consider it. What should i do? If anyone doesnt have a tech4free account (they have ipods, cash, a camera, vidoe camera, or surround sound) then PM for a link. If anyone does, it would be AWESOME, i dont know how i could repay them.

Thanks

-Rob

edit Actually i'm not sure if they took it away from tech4free, maybe just gratis D . Or maybe they just haven't updated?? Anyone know?

kidamnesiac

13-01-2005 22:11:54

Well, it seems pretty instant to me. My friend just completed an offer under my ref. for it, and it went through in a snap. And $10 for unlimited dvd rentals, plus coupons for two free in-store rentals? Not too shabby if you're a movie-watcher.