Credit for re-opening cancelled accounts?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46137

sp4cem0nkey

22-09-2006 14:54:42

About a year ago, I had service with Blockbuster.com sending me DVDs in the mail. I signed up for it on the Blockbuster web site, and I cancelled it after a few months.
Will FreePay give me credit for signing up for that service again even though I had an account with them in the past?

What is the policy with other freebie sites on reactivating cancelled accounts?

Keep in mind I'm not talking about accounts that were started thru a freebie site.

Thanks for helping out a noob!

burritopunk

22-09-2006 15:06:49

I think for most sites it's 6 months. I'm in the same boat...I kind of want to do the Real Music Player offer again.

VrExe

22-09-2006 16:50:18

most likely no.

The companies only want fresh leads. You may be able to if the company deleted their old database. Because then you will technically be a new customer.

sp4cem0nkey

22-09-2006 16:55:37

I just went green on Blockbuster, but I had to use my wife's email address, because both of mine were already in the Blockbuster database.

I am wondering if changing my email address back now that i have an account on there will sour the deal.

I won't try it. The Blockbuster system probably won't let me do it anyway.

jy3

22-09-2006 18:35:27

[quotefb4b11366e="sp4cem0nkey"]I just went green on Blockbuster, but I had to use my wife's email address, because both of mine were already in the Blockbuster database.

I am wondering if changing my email address back now that i have an account on there will sour the deal.

I won't try it. The Blockbuster system probably won't let me do it anyway.[/quotefb4b11366e]

technically this could be perceived as fraud. i would not do this again nor speak of it again

kidd2108

22-09-2006 18:58:44

yep. I wouldnt do it, nor would i talk about it here. that could lead to a ban.