I just emailed gratis directly

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=461

JGrayland

21-09-2004 11:12:47

asking them why freeipods isnt answering emails or updating status.

ten bucks says i dont hear back, or get an autoreply.

P

BulkHedd

21-09-2004 11:38:33

I have been waiting for a credit to come through for about a week (inFone) so I e-mailed Gratis asking what I should do if I still don't have the credit after 15 days. They wrote back and told me to have my referral copy and paste her confirmation message into an e-mail to them.

Even though I think they meant for me to have her do this after the 15 day period, I went ahead and had her do it this afternoon.

thermonuke

21-09-2004 11:41:46

Lemme know how that works out bulk, i may do the same.

PallarAndersVisa

21-09-2004 12:22:29

i think we should just let gratis do their business. Stop bothering them. It only makes them angry that people are bitching about free stuff

JGrayland

21-09-2004 12:25:00

I wasnt bitching, I asked a question as to why the page wasnt being updated. thats not a bitch.

and they answered!!!

[quotec1816ce9b1]The iPods are indeed shipping. The tracking information is being updated as it becomes available to us, however, we have not been provided this information in many cases. Please continue to be patient and you will receive your order.

Thanks
[/quotec1816ce9b1]

thedustin

21-09-2004 12:47:53

ooh, does that mean we all get ten bucks?

just kidding. Thanks for following up and keeping us all informed!

JGrayland

21-09-2004 12:49:01

haha no one bet me

JGrayland

21-09-2004 13:01:08

Also this amusing note from freeipods.com customer support (am i the only one who can get thru to them?)

"The status page is updated. However, at the time there may have been a glitch in the system that is why your friends status was incorrect. You should be receiving your ipod soon.

Thanks,

FreeiPods.com Support"

hahaha that mih guy got his today and its still saying waiting on product. glitch my ass.

DIGITALgimpus

21-09-2004 14:26:23

From Gratis

[quote990dca54fa]Yes, the mini's are backordered (not necessarily for months). The HP's are shipping out the fastest. [/quote990dca54fa]

[quote990dca54fa]The HP's are not on backorder. The apple's are in high demand. I can not give you an estimate arrival time for them. Sorry[/quote990dca54fa]

Should note eCost looks to be suffering a shortage
http//www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=470577

was in stock earlier. Now it's 2-5. So perhaps Gratis filled some orders?

thermonuke

21-09-2004 14:48:56

Usually Ships Same DaySame Day
In Stock
Platform Universal
Part No. 2564052
Mfg. Part No PE435A#ABA

Thats ecost's info on the HP

HX_Guy

21-09-2004 15:16:27

Yea...I've emailed them three times over a 3 day period...and I've gotten back 4 auto replay emails of their Terms and Conditions.

DIGITALgimpus

21-09-2004 19:10:34

Apparantly back in stock at eCost

sually Ships Next DayNext Day
In Stock

hacktek

21-09-2004 21:43:16

I think we got the info we needed, stop emailing them and let them work, you'll get your pod soon enough ;)

axolotyl

22-09-2004 02:18:31

[quoteda834dd7b9="PallarAndersVisa"]i think we should just let gratis do their business. Stop bothering them. It only makes them angry that people are bitching about free stuff[/quoteda834dd7b9]

You people have to realize that these ipods arent "free". They werent just handed to use for doing nothing. It took a little work for some people to find enough people to sign up for these offers. Plus, its not like Gratis is giving these away for doing absolutely nothing. They are earning millions upon millions of dollars from people completing offers through their site.

These ipods are FAR from FREE.

kasrass

22-09-2004 03:25:38

[quotefd6390f548="PallarAndersVisa"]i think we should just let gratis do their business. Stop bothering them. It only makes them angry that people are bitching about free stuff[/quotefd6390f548]

you know...it's not really free, considering that for many, receiving a "free" ipod was not an easy task. I spent a good amount of time trying to get enough offers completed. I could have worked those hours and got an ipod. People who participate for this "free" network are infact working for gratis. They receive money from your referrals. I dunno...it is free, but it is not like they are actually using money that they earned working a different job to pay for everyone's free ipod... just a thought though.

-kas

tyketto

22-09-2004 04:18:30

What's up with this sudden line of thought.

I paid no money. None. Hence, when my iPod comes, it's free.
The fact that I had to do a few steps, the fact that Gratis - a business BTW - made money off those steps, has no impact on my iPod costing me no money.

"I spent a good amount of time trying to get enough offers completed. I could have worked those hours and got an ipod" Wow. That's just sad. If you spent a lot of work to get this done, you need more friends or something. Yeah, I spent about two weeks getting my referrals, but it was just a few e-mails, and a couple of calls to my friends reminding them to complete offers. What did you do? Go door to door peddling a chance to get a free iPod?

Gratis is a business. They make their money off referrals and selling e-mail addresses. You agreed to that and now act like it's some big deal that "it is not like they are actually using money that they earned working a different job to pay for everyone's free ipod." What, are they a bunch of idiots or something? Why the hell would they do that?

The iPod is free. It cost you no money, hence it's FREE. If you did a little manpower to get it, it's still free.

HX_Guy

22-09-2004 07:43:09

[quote7d7cfee0b3="hacktek"]I think we got the info we needed, stop emailing them and let them work, you'll get your pod soon enough ;)[/quote7d7cfee0b3]

Hell, I wouldn't be emailing them if their piece of crap system worked right. I've had three people sign up and complete referrals and none have even showed up as signing up.