Ways to get referrals

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4589

Argen

10-01-2005 15:02:52

Hey all, I signed up for freeipods last summer and ALMOST got 5 referrals. My last referral's account got put on hold indefinitely, and it took me months to get the last one. I first thought about giving up since this takes so much friggin effort. But then again, I've gone so far into this and I just need 1 more. So please share your ideas on how I can finally just get this last referral to get my prize. Thanks.

Dais781

10-01-2005 15:12:07

sigh and another one...

ask people u are close too, who know u...etc

dont mean to sound unenthusiastic, but thats really the only way. well a sure fire way of doing it. u can offer money lunch etc. u know the drill

Argen

10-01-2005 15:17:29

my 5th referral was my friend (the only one who would do it). he signed up back in september, but because he used a mac, the credit didnt come. So I spent months contacting the customer service to get that credit, and finally get it last week. But now Gratis has put him on hold because I "helped" him to get the credit. So I have no choice but to come back on the net and somehow find a 5th referral.

turpentinedreams

10-01-2005 17:19:19

i use a mac and it worked fine.
shebam
just be like hay uncle ted, do this for me and i'll buy you lunch at (insert mediocre slowfood resturaunt)
or
hey uncle ted, do this because im family
and then it's free )

Argen

10-01-2005 22:59:11

unfortunately I have no relatives besides my parents here because I'm an immigrant. And I have few friends in the US because I just moved here from Canada for college.

But here's the new development on my account I just posted on some message boards and got a few yellows. Then a couple hours later, one of them turned green! So I just sent my account in again for approval. Wish me luck.

Drex

11-01-2005 01:18:32

Good luck immigrant...j/j

Lance

12-01-2005 12:07:38

What message boards? I just got shot down (only my first appeal) on not one but TWO of mine. My guess is that because we all work in the same building, it's seeing all of us coming from the same IP addres. Anywhoo, Just in case, I'd love to get a few more!

hovigga

12-01-2005 12:10:35

wow, a message board let you post your link up? Heh, I posted one link to my website on a message board, they contacted my host, and my host deleted my site. (

Lance

12-01-2005 12:12:10

yeah, I had a similar experience when I first opened my account. I got a referral out of it, but they never when green. I got my last green by helping a friend with her DVD player!