some sounds comming from ipod when you shake it?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4494

CoMpFrEaK

06-01-2005 20:22:59

when you shake your ipod is there any sound, cause i hear a minor sound in mine. its not like rattling but i can here a sound when i shake it. is it just mine or what? imput would be great, you kinda need to focus in to hear it

techdude05

06-01-2005 20:25:56

thats regular for an ipod

heres info http//docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60969

Stroid

06-01-2005 20:44:51

nice infor techdude plus karma! D

CoMpFrEaK

06-01-2005 20:52:59

but do anyone else have the same symptoms? lol im alawys worried

Stroid

06-01-2005 20:54:34

yeah i just gave it a shake and i hear a little noise, i think it could also be the click wheel, nothing to worry about )

CoMpFrEaK

06-01-2005 20:57:04

[quote99c8de8b57="stroid"]yeah i just gave it a shake and i hear a little noise, i think it could also be the click wheel, nothing to worry about )[/quote99c8de8b57]

phew thanks for calming me down ^_^ +karma for you

more people? the more the better

Stroid

06-01-2005 20:59:18

yeah i understand the paranoia i treat my ipod like its a 500 year vase (only thing i could think of) LOL! They are precious!

CoMpFrEaK

06-01-2005 21:00:20

[quote80fdab2901="stroid"]yeah i understand the paranoia i treat my ipod like its a 500 year vase (only thing i could think of) LOL! They are precious![/quote80fdab2901]

how about treat it like your GF? ^_~

Stroid

06-01-2005 21:04:42

yeah she gets treated really good to but i dont get worried about droping her or scratching her. she is an independent woman ;) my ipod needs to be protected!

Stroid

06-01-2005 21:05:29

although if someone touches my girl they got another thing coming!

CoMpFrEaK

06-01-2005 21:10:49

[quote68400b1814="stroid"]although if someone touches my girl they got another thing coming![/quote68400b1814]

lol just like is someone touched your ipod lol

Stroid

06-01-2005 21:11:14

LOL!! Good point!

techdude05

06-01-2005 21:32:35

you see...

..if someone touches my girl in a manner she and I find objectionable.......liliPWNEDlili

...if I drop my ipod or screw something up....liliscreams like a little girllili (lol!)

well, not really screaming like a little girl, but you get the point...

Stroid

06-01-2005 21:34:50

point well taken! LOL!!!

Drakier

07-01-2005 08:39:42

Umm... there is a SPINNING hard drive inside the iPOD.. spinning parts mean centrifical force... which means you get some gyroscopic action on the disks.. shaking it would NOT be recommended.

put a small weight on the end of a string.. spin it around in one direction next to your body, then try to turn... notice how the weighted spinning string wants to go in the same direction it was previously going in? same thing happens to hard drive disks when they are turned and shaken..

this can cause the head of the hard drive to touch the disk causing a "Head Crash" meaning that the head physically touches the disk and puts a scratch mark in it meaning that part of the disk is no longer usable.

Damage the disk enough and you could damage the head and the whole drive will become unusable.

So once again.. shaking the ipod isn't recommended.. especially not in a jarring motion. a minor movement as comes with jogging, walking, running, dancing, etc. is ok.. just shaking it vigorously is not.

Stroid

07-01-2005 08:45:41

Nice detailed explanation just to clarify i lightly shoke the thing there is no way i would vigorously shake my ipod! LOL!

CoMpFrEaK

07-01-2005 17:05:25

[quotea546fc2e1c="Drakier"]Umm... there is a SPINNING hard drive inside the iPOD.. spinning parts mean centrifical force... which means you get some gyroscopic action on the disks.. shaking it would NOT be recommended.

put a small weight on the end of a string.. spin it around in one direction next to your body, then try to turn... notice how the weighted spinning string wants to go in the same direction it was previously going in? same thing happens to hard drive disks when they are turned and shaken..

this can cause the head of the hard drive to touch the disk causing a "Head Crash" meaning that the head physically touches the disk and puts a scratch mark in it meaning that part of the disk is no longer usable.

Damage the disk enough and you could damage the head and the whole drive will become unusable.

So once again.. shaking the ipod isn't recommended.. especially not in a jarring motion. a minor movement as comes with jogging, walking, running, dancing, etc. is ok.. just shaking it vigorously is not.[/quotea546fc2e1c]

i know what happens in a head crash, take a look at my screen name, and i didnt shake it hard, i only moved it side to side

Collateral

07-01-2005 17:31:44

[quoteab89533c29="Drakier"]Umm... there is a SPINNING hard drive inside the iPOD.. spinning parts mean centrifical force... which means you get some gyroscopic action on the disks.. shaking it would NOT be recommended.

So once again.. shaking the ipod isn't recommended.. especially not in a jarring motion. a minor movement as comes with jogging, walking, running, dancing, etc. is ok.. just shaking it vigorously is not.[/quoteab89533c29]

Oh ( When I'm listening to music I make sure to pound my iPod on my desk and shake it all over the place and dance with it. It's about done with, Maybe I should'nt pound it on things anymore? oops I just get so excited when I see her lol