How does the Blockbuster thing work? Is it really free?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4418

stedwick

02-01-2005 01:49:47

They say you have to be signed up for the full two weeks of the free membership, but does that mean you can't cancel it and have to get at least one month at the $9.95 price?

Anyway, just curious. Thanks!

Oh also, can you get your friends to sign up for stuff before you do your one offer? Or do you have to get credit for your offer before you refer friends?

Stedwick

JerseeeyDan

02-01-2005 05:35:04

Stedwick,
You can get people to sign up before you get credit. I got credit posted to my account at 5am this morning, EST, which is kinda odd from what i have been led understand.

twhite567

02-01-2005 09:18:30

Also, yes, you do have to pay for blockbuster..if u do it on OfferCentric though u don't..so I would reccomend you don't do it on a gratis site.
-Trevor

hacktek

04-01-2005 17:53:37

Not true, i didn't like blockbuster (i had netflix anyway) and cancelled it before the 2 weeks and i got credit even when the thing was already cancelled. I'd suggest u give it a try if you don't have netflix, if you do then don't bother and do something else.

Stroid

04-01-2005 17:55:55

its a cool service give it a shot or just cancel right before 2 weeks

TonyGarcia

04-01-2005 19:20:08

i've had to wait a long time to get credit when i asked my friends to sign up for BB

justinfreestuff

05-01-2005 07:48:08

i got 6 weeks for free through freeipods.com

i signed up right before their "try to cancel and get 1 month free" promotion, so when i tried to cancel, i just signed up for 1 more month and then cancelled the service EVEN AFTER i received my iPod!

it cost me $0.00

Stroid

05-01-2005 08:20:07

it cost me $0 and i got to rent a dvd i was happy

Godrockdj

05-01-2005 10:31:21

I did the two week offer and actually canceled on two weeks exactly, just to be sure. I never received credit for it. Had to do another offer.

turpentinedreams

05-01-2005 16:14:48

you can cencel anytime and it will end at 2 weeks
but you can use it anytime up untill the 2 weeks
no matter when you cancel

i hope that made sence.

lastwaltz

05-01-2005 18:15:50

It's funny -- most of my referrals did the Blockbuster trial. It's a really great deal. D

A friend of mine did the trial and got another free month (back when they were doing the promotion). My aunt also did the trial, but very recently, so she did not get a free month.

You do NOT have to pay for it unless you do not cancel after two weeks.
One note, though you MUST rent movies, or else you won't get credit. Another friend of mine had signed up for the trial, but she didn't rent anything because she wanted to cancel as quickly as possible -- so Gratis did not give her any credit. Finally though, when she DID rent a movie, she got credit.

I hope this helps. )

bceagles04

05-01-2005 18:18:51

i'm really po'd, i click on the blockbuster offer, but it doesn't work? Did they cancel it or something???

lastwaltz

05-01-2005 18:31:26

That is very odd ... I also have one friend that signed up and tried to do the Blockbuster trial to help me, but she said that it wouldn't work on her computer. This was a while ago, though, and other people I know have gotten it to work without any problems.

I'm thinking it could just be a problem with your computer -- if the trial shows up on Gratis's website, it should work. I'm not sure, though. Maybe you should ask Customer Service about it? As a last resort, you could try another offer instead. Blockbuster is a good one though.

Stroid

05-01-2005 20:31:32

make sure all pop up blockers are turned off and then try it, blockbuster should work and it has been working i had a referral complete it yesterday for me

phorty

06-01-2005 04:21:07

ok, so you have to rent for it to work and receive credit from gratis...ok....what about offer centric same rules?

Stroid

06-01-2005 07:37:26

yup same rules, but i dont believe you have to rent. i rented because i wanted to use the service since it was free.

phorty

06-01-2005 07:46:46

alright, sounds good to me, some of my referrals are well.how can i put this politely....COMPLETELY ABSENT MINDED IDIOTS...who WILL lose the videos if they are forced to rent them on-line independantly...so now, i feel alot better... maybe I'll consider using it, but i doubt it...i just want some greens!

drippyzeo

06-01-2005 22:31:37

[quote583926f4e2]I also have one friend that signed up and tried to do the Blockbuster trial to help me, but she said that it wouldn't work on her computer. This was a while ago, though, and other people I know have gotten it to work without any problems. [/quote583926f4e2]

I didn't do the blockbuster offer when I originally signed up, so I just tested this out with someone who told me he had that problem.

First, I logged in as him, and sure enough, when I clicked on the blockbuster offer, it said it's no longer available. It doesn't pop up a window, and the URL of the message is the Gratis website.

That was the third computer it was tested on (he'd already tried at school and at home), so it's probably not a computer problem.

Then, I logged in with my user information, and attempted the blockbuster offer. There was a freeipods pop-up, and I got to the blockbuster signup page.

So for some odd reason, some users are blocked from signing up. Does anyone know what's up?

Pity, too...he would've been my 5th green.