Is it worth it?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4331

jadem

28-12-2004 06:25:43

I was thinking about trying to get a PS2 for the boyfriend (I know, awww, I'm so sweet and the greatest girlfriend in the world, yadda yadda) but I'm not sure if it's worth it to go this route, or to try and buy one in the next couple of months.

I had a bitch of a time getting referrals for my iPod, and I'm not sure it'll be worth it to save the cost of a PS2 (~$150 vs. $300 is a huge difference).

What do you guys think?

Also, is there an issue with people being placed on hold like there is with the iPods and PhotoiPods?

Thanks! D

Jpac

28-12-2004 08:23:05

well, this is just me, i bought my xbox. i really wanted an xbox and t his site opened. now i finished a lot of sites like this such as freedesktoppc with 10 referals! i still decided against this one since it is only 150, and i bought some sort of holiday bundle. i would actually recomend getting your boyfriend xbox since it has built in memory, built in internet for online gaming and more. good luck getting ur ps2 or maybe xbox!

jadem

28-12-2004 08:26:08

[quote3b966b2c67="Jpac"]well, this is just me, i bought my xbox. i really wanted an xbox and t his site opened. now i finished a lot of sites like this such as freedesktoppc with 10 referals! i still decided against this one since it is only 150, and i bought some sort of holiday bundle. i would actually recomend getting your boyfriend xbox since it has built in memory, built in internet for online gaming and more. good luck getting ur ps2 or maybe xbox![/quote3b966b2c67]

Well, the boyfriend wants the PS2. But I'll think about it. He did just graduate from college and is waiting to hear about a job, but he also just got over $500 in cash for graduating. I'm starting to think he can buy one himself and then take me to dinner! liahemli lol

Stroid

28-12-2004 09:27:25

I would recomened the PS2 because their are alot more games. Although the Xbox looks better and does have built in online gaming. I prefer the PS2 because of the easy and I love playing Madden on PS2. Plus if you get the online adapter for PS2 all the games are free unlike Xbox live. I would just buy one instead of trying to get a free one. But if you think you can get the referrals go for it.

Tholek

28-12-2004 12:56:12

By far, this seems to be the one Gratis offer people complain most about not getting enough referrals for.

I'm curious why this is.....do most think it's an offer for a refurbished console? Does everyone just have a PS2 or XBOX already?

Although I'm not a big gamer, I would like one, and I signed up. However, I haven't completed, as I don't know if I'll ever get enough referrals. (I have 19 yellows now, and if it starts to look good, then I'll complete)

If you really want it, I say buy it......[ie7141339c0]if[/ie7141339c0] you can affrord it.