Reffs+Donate = Good Idea?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4330

swamileoni

27-12-2004 23:27:52

what about those site that you donate money to, and they put your link up for a day. Who has tried it, and what do you think the chances are that it will work?

CoMpFrEaK

28-12-2004 06:37:26

[quote5d27d19c2b="swamileoni"]what about those site that you donate money to, and they put your link up for a day. Who has tried it, and what do you think the chances are that it will work?[/quote5d27d19c2b]

lol why didnt you ask me when i showed you the few sites? yes they work, depending on which site, the one i showed you is decent but maybe a green in two days? thats my experience, freeipodsandflatscreens.com is a big site, that site you can probably get a few greens a day.

Insaniac

28-12-2004 08:25:42

What are some of the better sites to donate to? Ive read to much about people not getting put up here to donate.

Ive basically found that NONE of my friends believe that anything is free and I have a better chance of seeing God than getting 5 greens without some sort of assistance

stiles05s

28-12-2004 08:44:31

when you think about it. it IS donating. either way its ganna help something. if you don't get a referral, you were still tight by helping some people out.

spectrum5ten

28-12-2004 09:50:40

i hate when there's a conversation about donating and someone chimes in with "donate to help someone else out" or "donate to keep this site going, not to get referrals" thats a bunch of crap. noone cares enough about a forum to donate (unless theres something in it for them) so lets list the sites where your donations might actually get you referrals!

swamileoni

28-12-2004 10:52:12

[quote365d640858="CoMpFrEaK"][quote365d640858="swamileoni"]what about those site that you donate money to, and they put your link up for a day. Who has tried it, and what do you think the chances are that it will work?[/quote365d640858]

lol why didnt you ask me when i showed you the few sites? yes they work, depending on which site, the one i showed you is decent but maybe a green in two days? thats my experience, freeipodsandflatscreens.com is a big site, that site you can probably get a few greens a day.[/quote365d640858]

Yes yes i know you told me, i just wanted some other feed back from people. If i had only one source for everything, i would end up a communist. anyways Compfreak has some great sites, maybe you can post some other ones?

tealc1152

28-12-2004 11:10:51

On dec 17th, I donated to this site in order to get my freeflatscreens link put up for today (dec 28th). however, upon looking at this site multiple times today, I have not found my link once and assume that it was not put up when it was supposed to. I sent an email to the head of this site a couple of hours ago and hope that he will send a reply soon. If my link does not ever get posted, I will be very angry. I'm fine with him putting it up on some other day besides today, as long as it does get posted...

swamileoni

28-12-2004 12:08:28

Good point. Im sure they have a lot of donations, and possibly have a waiting list. Yours might come up in a week, few days, maybe a few weeks. I would email the head admin, asking exactly what day its going to be posted, and if he dosent know when to contact you when they do post it. You want to confirm your link is posted.

stiles05s

28-12-2004 13:31:47

[quote9e455a04a2="spectrum5ten"]i hate when there's a conversation about donating and someone chimes in with "donate to help someone else out" or "donate to keep this site going, not to get referrals" thats a bunch of crap. noone cares enough about a forum to donate (unless theres something in it for them) so lets list the sites where your donations might actually get you referrals![/quote9e455a04a2]

well, guess what. i hate you wink

EatChex89

28-12-2004 14:03:12

[quoteef250eb81e="spectrum5ten"]i hate when there's a conversation about donating and someone chimes in with "donate to help someone else out" or "donate to keep this site going, not to get referrals" thats a bunch of crap. noone cares enough about a forum to donate (unless theres something in it for them) so lets list the sites where your donations might actually get you referrals![/quoteef250eb81e]

um it's called DONATING for a reason. you don't donate unless you want to help someone out.. usually you dont have anything in it except for feeling good for about 5 minutes.

Godrockdj

29-12-2004 20:56:05

I donated $10 to freeipdsandflatscreens.com about 2 days ago. I got a confirmation email reply saying my link would go up on February 3rd... man the line is getting long! Does anyone know an average amount of hits you get in a day from that site? And what about the other sites mentioned above where we can also donate to?

tealc1152

30-12-2004 08:29:40

hey godrockdj, are you a member of jfh? just curious...

I still haven't received a reply back from barofsoap and am losing faith that I will. I'm starting to lose faith that my donation link will ever be posted. For one, on the Donations page, the next day for donating for the Free Flat Screens link is today. If he would've put mine up late it should be yesterday or later. I don't think he put it up yesterday and now he's accepting new donations for today...

GRR.

"Donate" at your own risk, everyone.

EatChex89

30-12-2004 09:07:55

you guys need the definition of donating...

1 to make a gift of; especially to contribute to a public or charitable cause

I dont see anything in there about getting something from donating...

Godrockdj

30-12-2004 13:05:22

Hey tealc, yes, I am. I haven't been on there in ages, though.

And in reply to EatChex - Actually no, I don't need the definition. I know it quite well. You could ask my church how much I donate each year. Or the various charities I support lishrugli

If it is donating just for the sake of donating, fine. But when the people receiving the donations attach something with it ( like the referral link time ), then it becomes something different. I have every right to ask questions about what to expect because they did that.