How do you know if your account is on hold?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4325

xmelodyx

27-12-2004 18:10:47

I recently signed up for an account at freeipods.com but my email didnt verify so I sent an email to the customer service inquiry. My response was that my email address was verified but i also got another response saying that

"We take abuse of our website very seriously, and will place accounts suspicious of fraudulent activity on hold.

The reasons for this MAY include multiple accounts, improper offer completions, more than one account to the same address/household, abusing an advertiser, or other reasons not listed here. Additionally, we do not allow users to create accounts for, sign-up for, or "walk through" referrals.

We take all types of fraud very seriously, and since we give our products away for free, we cannot afford to be lenient on dishonest methods or fraudulent activity users try to obtain their free items.

Keep in mind that even though you may feel your account has been incorrectly placed on hold, submitting an inquiry to this folder means we will review accounts on a case-by-case basis"

so does this mean that me account is on hold? (i haven't broken any of the rules and 2 two days ago, i got credit for completing an offer myself. It also says that the verification problem is closed.)

techdude05

27-12-2004 18:12:55

i believe that under "my account" (maybe in order history), it would say something if your account was on hold

Stroid

27-12-2004 18:50:56

Look under check status where your referrals are it will say your account is on hold.

CoMpFrEaK

27-12-2004 18:52:12

you wont be on hold until you submit for approval