Which do I pick?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4244

Mista

21-12-2004 20:03:17

Ok, so I got my friends for the most part convinced. Now I face the problem of picking the free trial that's best for us. All I see is free trial for creams to get rid of wrinkles, payed trial for CDs and Movies, and Credit Card trials, which I don't think would be a good idea to get into.

The thing for the movies I was looking at. It's called Columbia House's DVD offer. I thought "I like movies" so I clicked on that. I don't really understand the membership thing though.

It says this "Your introductory package is sent on a 10-day trial basis and includes complete details and your Membership Agreement. If you are not completely satisfied, to cancel your membership just return that package at our expense within 10 days, and we will credit your account."

What does it mean we will credit your account? Are they going to charge me for sending it back? It says they will pay in "our [their's] expense" so what do they mean when they say we will credit your account?

Are they talking about my freeipods' acount? And what do they mean 10 days? Do I send it on the 10th day or do I send it before the 10th day? It says on the freeipods website that if I cancel too early they'll prosecute me or something. When is it too early to cancel if we don't want it!?

So I thought "hmm...let's see if they have something that doesn't charge you" So I clicked on one of the creams things. It brings me to a page that describes what the cream does and then a place where you enter your information. There's nothing about membership information or if they charge you or anything. So what happens if I give them my information? Does that mean I signed up to something I didn't even know about and it's credited to my freeipod acount?

It's basically the same thing for all the other cream stuff and the music trial thing is the same as the movie trial thing (it's a bit odd on the membership and what exactly it entails)

Can someone clarify this for me?

FreeOffersNow

21-12-2004 20:37:06

You should have spent the time you spent typing this reading other posts. The FAQ's for the offer sites might also help.

crapbot

21-12-2004 20:48:34

[quoteb851eb4a38="Mista"]
What does it mean we will credit your account? Are they going to charge me for sending it back? It says they will pay in "our [their's] expense" so what do they mean when they say we will credit your account?

Are they talking about my freeipods' acount?
[/quoteb851eb4a38]

Hmmm. Well, as you are learning, the most important thing with these free trial and free ipod sites is that you have to read the terms and conditions VERY carefully. When they talk about crediting your account, they mean your credit card (or whatever you used to sign up for them) not your freeipods account. If you don't understand the T&C trust your instincts and do another offer. Can you do the Blockbuster offer? That one is pretty straightforward.

Mista

21-12-2004 21:06:40

It's not there. (

I looked up the FAQ (actually it was help) for the CD one. It just makes more questions. It doesn't really specify whether or not the people on free trials will get a refund for the CDs they buy if they return them or credit for that store only.

I mean, if I'm returning my CDs and canceling my membership, why would they give me store credit?

This is what it says, but it doesn't say whether or not it's talking about the Free Trial or regular membership "If the package is unopened, simply write "Refused, Return to Sender" on the package and drop it in the mail. You will receive a full credit to your account for the price of the selection and shipping and handling or a refund."

I guess I was a bit to hasty and didn't read the FAQs. But still, there's some things it doesn't answer.