Looking at Status

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42385

gafdpc

04-07-2006 08:41:20

Any one else having a problem with it? All the other pages work besides the ReferralStatus.aspx...I get

[code19872b40d11]
Server Error in Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page:
/ReferralStatus.aspx

Source:
.Neturl==http://=http:///url SqlClient Data Provider

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Stack Trace:
....(It goes on for a page)
[/code19872b40d11]

ipodlover1

04-07-2006 08:50:39

yeah, well i get that page whenever i try to log into laptops.

Tropic32

04-07-2006 10:02:29

Yeah either they went down and thats it for freepay or problems at homebase.

Vector

04-07-2006 10:03:39

hopefully this error makes them ship 40 ipods to me instead of just one, lol

Tholek

04-07-2006 10:10:31

This isn't new. It's been happening for at least 2 weeks. (

I do notice that it happens less with Firefox compared to IE, though.

zr2152

04-07-2006 10:19:49

yeah i get this on 360 also

nobody2000

04-07-2006 10:28:29

this happens periodically with freepay...it's almost expected...don't fear...

BVGuitarPlayer

04-07-2006 13:58:45

As you guys may already know, I'm a relatively new website designer...

But I just got that on 360s and iPods...

[code1d5909c2eb1]Server Error in Application.

Page:
/ReferralStatus.aspx

Source:

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Stack Trace:
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadPacket(Int32 bytesExpected)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByte()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Gratis.Components.Platform.ReferralStatus.GetUserStatus(Int32 UserID, Int32 SiteID)
at Gratis.Templates.Platform.ReferralStatus.DoShowStatusNew(Context& oContext, TemplateInfo oTemplateInfo, Boolean bXML)
at Gratis.Templates.Platform.ReferralStatus.ShowStatusNew(Context& oContext, String Sent, Int32 iSiteID)
at ReferralStatus.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
[/code1d5909c2eb1]

As it says, that is an SQL error. I'm guessing, and reasonably sure that is the database where they keep track of everything...IPs, Completion, Refs, account status. My guess is they have a corrupt database and they are going to use that as a bullshit excuse to void everyone's refs. They've already gypped me out of an iPod because 10 weeks later I sent in a second approval form (which they claim was late). Heck they were both on time, I thought they lost the first one, so I sent in another and they said I didn't complete my refs in time. BULLSHIT! Screw FreePay. Watch them void everyone's refs with this "database error."

CollidgeGraduit

04-07-2006 14:03:56

[quote61b5d95c5e="BVGuitarPlayer"]As you guys may already know, I'm a relatively new website designer...

But I just got that on 360s and iPods...

[code161b5d95c5e]Server Error in Application.

Page:
/ReferralStatus.aspx

Source:

[/code161b5d95c5e]

As it says, that is an SQL error. I'm guessing, and reasonably sure that is the database where they keep track of everything...IPs, Completion, Refs, account status. My guess is they have a corrupt database and they are going to use that as a bullshit excuse to void everyone's refs. [/quote61b5d95c5e]

This error has happened before, and it says that the operation timed out. More than likely, the machine hosting the database went down over the weekend (maybe they lost power at the office, and nobody will be in to reset it until tomorrow).

Server outages happen, and it especially causes problems with small businesses.

Tropic32

04-07-2006 14:46:56

So basically this is it?

Freepay has gipped us all eh.

BVGuitarPlayer

04-07-2006 14:48:45

maybe. I'm not to say definitively. Frankly, I don't trust them.

CollidgeGraduit

04-07-2006 15:20:23

If Freepay was going to just start gipping everyone, they wouldn't let their sites show SQL errors. They would want them to function so that people could continue completing offers.

mpagri

04-07-2006 18:25:32

I dont think its freepay trying to gip us, Ive been getting those errors everyonce in awhile for a long time... admittedly moreso now than before..

igneous

04-07-2006 19:43:21

I get those errors about 50% of the time while checking my status. They need to do a little work.

zr2152

04-07-2006 21:54:12

looks like its up and running now..at least for 360

nobody2000

04-07-2006 22:07:12

when people start heavily criticizing freepay for problems that they have positively addressed with other members, it becomes less and less of a surprise to me that sites like A4F have the mentality of a goat when they "rank" freepay.

People need to relax...I go here to this forum to check out what's going on with other people, not to hear noobs talk about how freepay is "gipping" everyone, and to hear the same pissing and moaning that you can see in 80 other threads...

Yes, these errors ARE a cause for concern and this thread is the appropriate place to bitch, but others...making 80 threads about freepay this and freepay that...it's stupid and it's ruining the helpfulness of this forum.

Tholek

04-07-2006 22:43:17

Interesting. IE and Firefox both exhibit the problem, but when I used Opera, it was ok. Then a few minutes later it got the errors too. It seemed odd that Opera worked at first....

Sparhawk226

04-07-2006 23:43:46

Can we please keep the mood in this forum positive? All this talk of freepay stealing and conniving is kind of unnerving (especially since I'm signed up at TWO freepay sites >,<).

Also, in case any of us don't know, "gip" is NOT a term to be used. Or do you know for a fact that all gypsies steal? Let us try to stay politically correct =)

Tholek

05-07-2006 02:27:15

It seems fine at the moment. Could it have been an issue of heavy traffic?

CollidgeGraduit

05-07-2006 05:00:41

I just think it was a server issue when nobody was on-site to reset the server. I don't know exactly how they have things set up, but I'm sure being a smaller business, they don't have racks and racks of servers, or a 24-hour response team to fix things on a holiday weekend.

chillywilly

05-07-2006 09:18:21

[quote874ad65d5f="Tholek"]This isn't new. It's been happening for at least 2 weeks. (

I do notice that it happens less with Firefox compared to IE, though.[/quote874ad65d5f]
I get it on Firefox on the Mac and sometimes on IE.

Most of the time, it's in the morning hours.

jy3

05-07-2006 09:28:10

i have never gotten it on freepay and i check my psp status daily ) guess i am lucky!