BACK TO MY THEORY on why IPODS are TAKING SO LONG

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42230

whosyourdaddy24

30-06-2006 21:19:21

ok so back to my theory on why ipods are taking so long to be shipped

because the next generation ipod is soon coming out and they can buy the 30 gb ones in bulk at a much cheaper price.

freepay is waiting for the price to go down so they can save themselves a lot of money

every other freepay site is workin except ipods and this is why.

jake said freepay is sending out a set value of gifts each week. the value is full of gifts other than ipods.

FreePay is not smart. Lets do something. Any Ideas.

downthesun

30-06-2006 21:26:59

i thought they were taking long on shipping for all sites? The only site really shipping out is shuffles and thats because they are so cheap.

St00pid

30-06-2006 22:29:52

They are taking long to ship products, period.

nobody2000

30-06-2006 23:40:57

It has a lot to do with the whole new system. to tell you the truth, I don't think that they are doing anything extra with checking referrals. I think the form is a tactic to make it harder for people to get their items, and finally, freepay now knows who is in the running to get an item, and more importantly, who is not. I suspect the following on the freepay timeline

Week of July 2-8 Freepay answers support tickets and updates status of those who have forms in. Some (very few) accounts are approved.
Week of July 9-15 Freepay finishes the remainder of support tickets, left over from the week before because of the holiday, while working on the budget, now solid. Once again, a few accounts are approved.
Week of July 16-22 While putting on the finishing touches on the gross revenues, Freepay begins to really approve accounts, while talking with vendors, figuring out shipping schedules.
Week of July 23-29 People are being approved quickly, and those already in processing are brought quickly into STV.
Week of July 30-August 5 A bunch of us receive our items, while many don't yet. It will be about 1/2 of a month for anyone else to receive anything. Soon enough, the end of August will pass and the freepay nightmare will COMPLETELY be over. ALL the old accounts will be officially done.

This is just an educated guess. I'm an idiot, so it's probably wrong. All I know is that I think freepay will be just like the old freepay except for the stupid form by September. Hopefully, though, this time the PS3 situation won't mirror that of the 360. For some reason, I don't think it will...but who knows.

Jeorgius

01-07-2006 15:55:23

[quote4bded70242="whosyourdaddy24"]ok so back to my theory on why ipods are taking so long to be shipped

because the next generation iPod is soon coming out and they can buy the 30 gb ones in bulk at a much cheaper price.

freepay is waiting for the price to go down so they can save themselves a lot of money

every other freepay site is workin except ipods and this is why.

jake said freepay is sending out a set value of gifts each week. the value is full of gifts other than ipods.

FreePay is not smart. Lets do something. Any Ideas.[/quote4bded70242]

I can't agree anymore, my ipod is taking months >.>

zdub08

01-07-2006 16:11:34

whens hte next generation of ipods coming out?

chillywilly

01-07-2006 16:40:51

[quote297183077f="zdub08"]whens hte next generation of ipods coming out?[/quote297183077f]
My guess would be sometime this fall, but that's just personal speculation. iPods have no time table of when new models come out. Sometimes it's been within a few months that a new model has followed the current model.

The first poster has a point, but it has nothing to do with prices per se. It does have everything to do with getting enough orders to place and ship a larger order. It's not the iPod Freepay wants to save money on, it's the shipping.

equate975

10-07-2006 22:54:47

I hope your right on your timeline )

Ive been waiting over 5 months for my ipod. I had to send the form in twice to boot.

Im really getting nooyed by freepay, I am never doing their site again, all I want is my damn ipod.

SoberNapkin

11-07-2006 21:29:25

They're definitely stalling. For what? I don't know, but the next generation iPod is a very good guess. My guess is that they're going out of business.

icy

12-07-2006 17:36:34

problem is they are stalling on EVERYTHING

nickČ

13-07-2006 12:23:53

Why do you think gift cards don't go out either? Cash.

Gift cards are drop shipped, and they go out on a flat rate .

The only thing you need for a gift card is money. If gift cards aren't going out on approved accounts... Its due to money.

hrdfarkr

14-07-2006 12:57:50

The other thought here is that they have the money in some kind of interest bearing account or interest bearing investment, and they wait for them to rollover to generate income. Who knows.

toiletpaper55

14-07-2006 15:12:46

[quotecdcdc965cc="downthesun"]i thought they were taking long on shipping for all sites? The only site really shipping out is shuffles and thats because they are so cheap.[/quotecdcdc965cc]

they havent shipped out shuffles....ive been waiting since april, went stv then back....freepay sucks