Freedesktoppcs.com Down?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4213

Floyd91

20-12-2004 14:49:38

I can't access the site and have checked with a few people who are also experiencing the same problem.. Anyone else not able to get into the site? evil

FreeOffersNow

20-12-2004 14:53:15

try www.freedesktoppc.com <--- a common mistake is making the pc in the address plural

liEDITli If Gratis has URL forwarding for www.freedesktoppcs.com can someone please verify this? I hope no one purchases this domain in hopes of confusing people...

Tholek

21-12-2004 00:37:36

From your mouth to someone's ears....

FreeOffersNow

21-12-2004 09:23:01

Yea I know I was kinda unsure about posting it but I figured I'd put it out there.

agentspits

12-01-2005 17:01:33

[quote3bd77391af="FreeOffersNow"]try www.freedesktoppc.com <--- a common mistake is making the pc in the address plural

liEDITli If Gratis has URL forwarding for www.freedesktoppcs.com can someone please verify this? I hope no one purchases this domain in hopes of confusing people...[/quote3bd77391af]

damn i just logged used my info to log in that site.

i think the site is a fake, the desktoppcs.com site because when you login it just goes back to the login screen, i think the site is a fake, and if u happen to put ur login info there, u might want to change ur passwords if u have the same passes to other sites. i went and changed mine just to be safe.

someone needs to really look into this.

agentspits

12-01-2005 17:23:45

wait i take that back, i think they are the same site, just domain name forwarding. at least i hope.

but im pretty sure they are the same, cause it keeps me logged in now when i go to either of the site address's.

hope that clears up any confusion. still just be safe and go to the freedesktoppc.com site only

Tholek

12-01-2005 17:33:01

As I said, it's not registered to Gratis. (Last I checked)

What it's probably doing, is grabbing your info, then redirecting you to the logged in page. (I've seen another site do this too)

So, change your password again....fast.

agentspits

12-01-2005 19:32:01

^ yea i changed it just to be safe, everyone else who made the same mistake as i did, should do the same.