OMG (jaw dropping) look at their customer service reply

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42019

theodora

27-06-2006 05:18:47

As I've been waiting since the stone age for my 'processing' to turn STV , I thought the time has come to write a complaint letter to their customer service. But their answer shocks me -

"We have been having some difficulties here which are in the process of resolving themselves and we will begin shipping in a timely manner once that happens. We will ship you your free gift. Our reputation hinges on it. We just ask for your patience in this difficult time. We will send you your gift before the end of the year. "

er, your reputation "hinges on it"? I just wanna reach into my pc screen grab them by the neck and sweetly mutter into their ears baby you have none of that left no more...

End of year - OMG that's what we should be anticipating??

Crymson

27-06-2006 06:24:17

What freepay site?

theodora

27-06-2006 06:46:25

premium ipod

Crymson

27-06-2006 06:54:18

I've been on processing for about 3 weeks from premium ipods, I got some reply yesterday about my account being in fraud prevention.

I replied back, mentioning "isn't that what the order form approval delay was for? And if you are still checking it for fraud after you approved the order form...then what was the point of the order form, and the order form approval delay (2 months)?"

That is a summy of what I wrote, I cant get into the premiumipod site right now, or I'd paste it.

jy3

27-06-2006 07:12:58

at least it was a creative reply )

Crymson

27-06-2006 07:17:08

The site's back up, so here's the conversation, FYI

Thanks for contacting FreePay Customer Service. We have forwarded your inquiry to our Fraud Department so they may review your account and approve it if there's no signs of fraud. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team

My reply

I thought the previous order form delay was due to you doing your fraud check, and you are telling me it is still going on, even tho I've been moved to "processing?" I thought once I got approved for the order, and was moved into processing, the fraud part was over? If you are still doing a fraud check, what was the order form approval delay about? And why was an order form even needed if you are still doing a fraud check after approving it?

mrmworth

27-06-2006 07:28:41

awesome. i wonder if this applies to any of their other sites.

evilfury69

27-06-2006 07:43:39

[quote8ac16a66f8="theodora"]
"We have been having some difficulties here which are in the process of resolving themselves and we will begin shipping in a timely manner once that happens. We will ship you your free gift. Our reputation hinges on it. We just ask for your patience in this difficult time. We will send you your gift before the end of the year. "[/quote8ac16a66f8]

x

i blame history

27-06-2006 09:34:23

eh, end of the year may sound bad, but if i compare january until now to now until december, i just figure... whatever. christmas is less than half a year away, and i am terrified. gah. anyways. i have nothing to be too pissed about right now, as i am only waiting on a ps3, but i have come to a logical conclusion that i probably will not see it until sometime in the fourth quarter of 2007, assuming that it would be released this holiday season. its not one of those whiney "i aint gettin it til 2015" things... i just figured it will probably take about a year or so for people to get them, but i hope i am proved wrong.

i hate to see this happen to freepay. they have been around for so long. i guess i am just about done, as well. maybe i will try my hand at a DIY site once i have a bit more money, but i guess i am getting kind of worn out.

i really, really, really hope everyone gets their stuff, though. it would be nice for freepay to at least be known as "that company that had to quit, buit still held up their part of the deal until the end."

ILoveToys

27-06-2006 12:07:22

Yeah I'm glad the ps3 I earned is from TRAINN )

SpaceMonkey

27-06-2006 13:38:31

In other news, I am STV on PC's...dance

whosyourdaddy24

27-06-2006 15:24:34

this refers back to the theory i had about freepay waiting until the next generation ipod comes out so they can save themselves a boatload of money

Hipple

27-06-2006 21:33:45

well i'm just happy to be approved, i'll happily sit and wait for months as long as it comes eventually. after 14 weeks of waiting for approval, i think a few weeks of waiting for shipment is expected.

rooster

27-06-2006 22:03:58

a few weeks sounds AWESOME try 4 and a half months....and waiting

Tropic32

27-06-2006 22:04:51

13 weeks here and no approval? hey maybe their approving every 14 weeks LOL im pushing my luck

oneill2004uk

11-07-2006 03:58:09

end of the year thats the most rediculious thing i've ever heard them say just file a report with bbb your'll get it before then ;)

SoberNapkin

11-07-2006 21:20:56

[quotef090bab0ff="theodora"]As I've been waiting since the stone age for my 'processing' to turn STV , I thought the time has come to write a complaint letter to their customer service. But their answer shocks me -

"We have been having some difficulties here which are in the process of resolving themselves and we will begin shipping in a timely manner once that happens. We will ship you your free gift. Our reputation hinges on it. We just ask for your patience in this difficult time. We will send you your gift before the end of the year. "

er, your reputation "hinges on it"? I just wanna reach into my pc screen grab them by the neck and sweetly mutter into their ears baby you have none of that left no more...

End of year - OMG that's what we should be anticipating??[/quotef090bab0ff]

At least you got a reply. I haven't gotten anything back from them for two whole days now. (

SoberNapkin

11-07-2006 21:22:33

[quote160ef55b23="oneill2004uk"]end of the year thats the most rediculious thing i've ever heard them say just file a report with bbb your'll get it before then ;)[/quote160ef55b23]

They're not members of the BBB. That may not make a difference. FYI for everyone http//www.dc.bbb.org/codbrep.html?ID=1035561&wlcl=y

theodora

12-07-2006 02:26:45

damn it...

menikmati

12-07-2006 11:13:02

Hm, just got a CS reply about the time to take for me to get approved on Giftcards, took them 5 days to respond with this generic cookie-cutter response

7/12/2006 122044 PM
customer service wrote

Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service. We have not received an Order Approval Form from you. If you have sent the form within the last week, it could be that we have not yet begun to process your form. Otherwise, your form was lost in the mail. For this reason, we suggested sending the form by registered mail. It is also possible that you did not transfer your user ID onto the form correctly. In order to request your account’s approval, you must send an Order Approval Form to us. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your compliance with our procedures. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team"

They've had my form since June 9th 2006, as noted on my Status screen, any ideas on what I should do?

coolbreeze06

12-07-2006 11:15:32

They are ignoring my ticket. I submitted on the 4th. Shouldn't I have heard something by now?