my status has been under 'processing' forever :'(

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41667

theodora

21-06-2006 05:35:40

why why why...?

I placed my order for a premium ipod like, 4 weeks ago. One month's flat waiting is driving me insane. I'm soooooo tired of staring at the word "processing" on my order status page every day...

On the order status page it so blatantly says 'this usually takes 7 - 10 business days'. Well... I can count you know.

And when I wrote to their customer service, all I got was 'We apologize for this extended delay however, we can assure you that every FreePay customer has been affected by the order delays. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.'

So I got worried - sounds like something is seriously wrong that they gotta delay every order placed. And in reply to my second enquiry, they said 'While we cannot guarantee a date that your order will be shipped, we can assure you that we are working as hard as we can to ship all orders in a timely manner. Due to our internal process, it will take longer than the stated time.'

After bearing them thanking me for my non-existing "extreme patience", I made my mind up - they are not playing a scam, but they ain't giving the stuff to you until you give them some difficult crosses to bare. So I decided to give them a punch in the face - not literally to my pc screen, to the BBB website everyone...!

p.s. anyone else waiting on processing? Oh and for those already gotten their ipods - how long was your processing period?

x Theodora x

downthesun

21-06-2006 05:53:08

You'll be waiting awhile because their supplier is "out of stock" of basically all their items except ipod shuffles. Strange that every other store in America has the items in stock though.

EDolive

21-06-2006 06:17:18

from what i can gather.... one month is just the beginning

Crymson

21-06-2006 06:19:45

I've been in processing for premiumipods since just about a week ago..so not too long, however it did take them 2 months to mark me as approved.

[quote5f96cb3d1f="downthesun"]You'll be waiting awhile because their supplier is "out of stock" of basically all their items except iPod shuffles. Strange that every other store in America has the items in stock though.[/quote5f96cb3d1f]

Really? I just saw some posts in the brag bag, some guy got his freepay premiumipod a couple days ago...

nobody2000

21-06-2006 06:36:05

[quotee772d7d226="downthesun"]You'll be waiting awhile because their supplier is "out of stock" of basically all their items except iPod shuffles. Strange that every other store in America has the items in stock though.[/quotee772d7d226]

Are you serious?

You don't think that maybe, in some mad scheme to turn a profit, freepay has one or 2 companies they get products from wholesale, and they need to fill a full order to get the discount? I mean, if you think about it, if each ref averaged $50 (and it IS much less than that anyway), you would get $300 from a 5 ref ipod site. A 30gb ipod costs $300 at "every other store in america" and that's not even shipped. They have minimal to no advertising other than offers at freepay sites, so they have to find an income somehow.

I think that a wholesale ipod from a good dropshipper actually runs around $215 for the 30gb and the 60gb is $275, but don't quote me on that.

Iloveipods2

21-06-2006 07:31:58

pshh nothing, may 19th for desktops. evil

dmorris68

21-06-2006 07:47:56

[quoteb141c3f89c="nobody2000"]Are you serious?

You don't think that maybe, in some mad scheme to turn a profit, freepay has one or 2 companies they get products from wholesale, and they need to fill a full order to get the discount? I mean, if you think about it, if each ref averaged $50 (and it IS much less than that anyway), you would get $300 from a 5 ref iPod site. A 30gb iPod costs $300 at "every other store in america" and that's not even shipped. They have minimal to no advertising other than offers at freepay sites, so they have to find an income somehow.

I think that a wholesale iPod from a good dropshipper actually runs around $215 for the 30gb and the 60gb is $275, but don't quote me on that.[/quoteb141c3f89c]
Actually, most freebie sites including Freepay drop ship from regular retailers and pay the same price we all do. Maybe a slight discount if they order several at once. My first freebie iPod from Gratis came with invoice from PC Mall or wherever it was, complete with price, which was MSRP.

As has been explained many times already, freebie sites don't make their money by buying wholesale (although I'm sure if they can, they will), they make it through "breakage" which is the term used to describe people who never complete the site, which is a large majority. If everybody who signed up completed the site, there would be no profit margin at all unless they required like 20 refs per iPod. )

nobody2000

21-06-2006 09:58:52

they really rely that much upon breakage? It seems like an unstable way of making money...I understand that it probably makes up most of their profit...

Doesn't everyone order everything from PCMall? lol. My plasma was from there among several other freebies.

Wouldn't freepay get some heavy discount (like on shipping) anyway for ordering in bulk? Otherwise there would be no wait on items.

Also, maybe freepay is hanging on to the money that they make a little longer to manage market-based investments?

dmorris68

21-06-2006 10:08:36

[quotedced30c094="nobody2000"]they really rely that much upon breakage? It seems like an unstable way of making money...I understand that it probably makes up most of their profit...

Doesn't everyone order everything from PCMall? lol. My plasma was from there among several other freebies.

Wouldn't freepay get some heavy discount (like on shipping) anyway for ordering in bulk? Otherwise there would be no wait on items.

Also, maybe freepay is hanging on to the money that they make a little longer to manage market-based investments?[/quotedced30c094]
Yeah, pretty much all these sites rely on breakage, especially the big ticket DIY sites. Take I-Deal for example, with 6 or 8 offers and 1 ref, there's no way they're getting $2000 + profit per completion. Even DIY sites requiring 2 or 3 OOD's and 18 offers are still only making probably $600-$800 or so and paying out a $1500-$2000 prize. Breakage is key.

My plasma came from PC Connection, a different vendor than PC Mall. I remember Gratis shipping from eCost as well.

I have no doubt they're earning interest and leveraging short-term investments to pad their margins, that's why most of them have artificially inflated shipping times.

St00pid

21-06-2006 10:27:36

What the fuck? You've been waiting 4 weeks are you're already crying?

I've been waiting for fucking 3 months now.

jy3

21-06-2006 11:54:29

[quotefe2b4d3223="St00pid"]What the fuck? You've been waiting 4 weeks are you're already crying?

I've been waiting for fucking 3 months now.[/quotefe2b4d3223]

i doubt she was aware of you waiting so long and I also doubt she was trying to slight you by her post. chilling out would be advised. we are all pissed that we are waiting forever but taking it out on the OP is uncalled for

Captain All That

21-06-2006 12:26:00

At least she is actually in processing... they've had my form since March 29th and I haven't even been put in processing yet... In fact... this is my first freepay site so I don't even know what a In Processing Status looks like!

As far as breakage goes... from a business stand point, breakage is in the numbers... however, when you deliver piss poor service and you're slow to ship out gifts then you're lowering your numbers which by default decreases your breakage which by default lowers your profit. Freepay is being retarded right now and they're driving their business into the ground. Why don't they just admit they screwed up, tell everyone to go lililili themselves, and open up under a new business and do it right... as I stated before, that would be more acceptable than all of this waiting.

today marks my 12th week of waiting... to go into processing... Like a wookie on endor.. it makes no sense.

St00pid

21-06-2006 13:21:07

[quote167ac2ff00="jy3"][quote167ac2ff00="St00pid"]What the fuck? You've been waiting 4 weeks are you're already crying?

I've been waiting for fucking 3 months now.[/quote167ac2ff00]

i doubt she was aware of you waiting so long and I also doubt she was trying to slight you by her post. chilling out would be advised. we are all pissed that we are waiting forever but taking it out on the OP is uncalled for[/quote167ac2ff00]

I know I know... just pissed off (

ligoes into the corner and criesli

jedd999

21-06-2006 16:47:47

[quote334290453d="St00pid"]What the fuck? You've been waiting 4 weeks are you're already crying?

I've been waiting for fucking 3 months now.[/quote334290453d]

Im at 4 months and 1 week in processing for my ipod nano... I win P

Well... I actually submitted a support ticket telling them that I want to be compensated with something else that I can get faster, because im starting to get pissed already!

theodora

22-06-2006 02:54:59

and what they say?

Captain All That

22-06-2006 07:28:09

They probably didn't say anything... Because they're so dang slow.

evilfury69

22-06-2006 07:51:01

I figure, if you keep submitting tickets, they'll eventually do something... all I've gotten up to this point are random cookie-cutter responses... I'd like an actual answer as to why the site states it may take 4 weeks to undergo approval but it has taken them over 3 months (and counting) to approve me (or even just change the status page to reflect that my form has been received, etc -- even that's a step in the right direction)...

So no more waiting 3 weeks between tickets only to get the same response.

Crymson

22-06-2006 08:01:24

[quote6ef8b09881="evilfury69"]I figure, if you keep submitting tickets, they'll eventually do something... [/quote6ef8b09881]

Right before I got my order form approved, after waiting 2 months and some, I started adding on to a ticket everyday with some just saying "This is ridiculous" but everyday I would add on to the ticket, most of which they never responded to. This could just be coincidence, but I really think that adding on to the ticket everyday did speed up the process of approval.

chillywilly

22-06-2006 08:46:45

I feel for stoopid.... processing since March... that bites.

Processing seems to take forever. It appears they wait until they have a ton of orders to ship at the same time.

evilfury69

22-06-2006 09:44:25

Yeah, processing since forever also sucks, but at least at that point, you've got your order in and its just a matter of time... I don't need to have referrals kicked out 3 months after their "fraud prevention team" was supposed to check it out....