2 Questions || One about Referral Status || One about circle

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4163

DJStile

17-12-2004 13:08:00

Hello everyone. First all all this site has been a great help in understanding this whole freeipods thing. I have 2 questions that were probably answered somewhere but I did do some searching and couldn't find my exact questions.

Number 1 I signed up and completed an offer for blockbuster. It says I have completed my offer so I went to my friend and had him sign up through my link. I was actually with him when this happened so I know it worked. He completed the video professor offer and received credit. His status changed to completed an offer and everything. The problem is, his status on my account is still yellow but I am positive he has already received credit and was referred to me. Does anyone know what might be going on? BTW no ones accounts are on hold.

Number 2 If I want to, can I have 5 of my friends all sign up through me and complete offers and then can I sign up through all of them using only one account? And then everyone else can do the same thing? Kind of making a circle thing? If you can understand what I mean, is this possible and will they put us on hold if they find out?

Thanks a lot for everyone who can help.
If you have a negative comment or a flame, save yourself from getting carpal tunnel and don't bother typing anything I will ignore -)

Dais781

17-12-2004 13:12:31

Number 1 I think there maybe a lag between the time he gets credit and when you see it. Hopefully you should see credit soon. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Number 2 This will just screw you and your friends...don't do it. Can't get much more straightforward than that..hahaha. 8)

FreeOffersNow

17-12-2004 13:57:57

Number 1 There is no lag between the time you are credited for the referral and the time he is credited for completing the offer. The nature of the system is that when a user is credited, this credit is made universally on the system.

Number 2 You cannot be a referral of one of your referrals. This would be in breach of the "one account per household" rule outlined in the T&C.

Hope this helps.

rbmerc

17-12-2004 14:50:33

number 1 happened to me also a few days ago and i have yet to see a green... ARG THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE IT FEELS RIGGED

-merc

FreeOffersNow

17-12-2004 16:06:46

Heh he lives in Gig Harbor...giggidy giggidy gig-a-dee (in Quagmire voice)

snowboarderchck5

17-12-2004 17:49:55

Yes there can be lag -- it's happened to me.

FreeOffersNow

17-12-2004 18:24:29

Hrmmm for a gratis program? If so then I apologize for giving you bad information.

turpentinedreams

17-12-2004 18:55:04

that's not how databases work.
it might have an error, notice the error and fix it.

FreeOffersNow

17-12-2004 19:10:21

Thats what I meant by the changes are made universally on the system )

system here = database system

rbmerc

17-12-2004 19:24:12

well it better go green soon or else i am emailing gratis about it because my friends offer is completed that signed up for me...

-merc

Stroid

17-12-2004 21:57:08

I love how some of you act like gratis is afraid of you. They can careless, they will put you on hold if they choose. now they are very fair if you didnt get credit and you have proof they will give it to you. also if you are on hold and have a good reason they will remove the hold. Im just sick of people having these attitudes like they are going to kick gratis's ass if they dont give them an ipod. Gratis OWNS you until you get your ipod.

DJStile

17-12-2004 23:30:19

Alright well thanks for all of the responses...but I am not asking about using a new account, I want to use my one and only account to complete referrals for them...is this possible?

Also, has anyone ever had the referral problem I have (with the lag) and had it eventually change? If so, how long did it take? Finally, is there any way to e-mail a HUMAN at Gratis and not the completely NOT HELPFUL in any way, shape, or form, help/faq page thing?

Thanks a lot

rbmerc

18-12-2004 01:13:48

[quote7afc94b081="stroid"]I love how some of you act like gratis is afraid of you. They can careless, they will put you on hold if they choose. now they are very fair if you didnt get credit and you have proof they will give it to you. also if you are on hold and have a good reason they will remove the hold. Im just sick of people having these attitudes like they are going to kick gratis's ass if they dont give them an ipod. Gratis OWNS you until you get your ipod.[/quote7afc94b081]

gratis owns jack shit of mine, i will tell them who signed up and did offers whenever the hell i want to

-merc

FreeOffersNow

18-12-2004 01:27:02

thanks alot, now they are gonna be too scared to do business.

< / sarcasm >

Stroid

18-12-2004 08:18:25

hey merc way to go hard ass give me some negative karma! Im scared roll I realize you can do whatever you want and i hope you get your ipod but dont act like you can just tell Gratis what to do because they are in control not you read their TOS.

FreeOffersNow

18-12-2004 09:39:01

/me negates the -karma @ stroid from merc

Dais781

18-12-2004 10:27:14

Hey does Gratis still not give credit on the weekends, or has this changed?

FreeOffersNow

18-12-2004 10:28:12

haven't heard of anyone getting credited on the weekend so I'm going to assume no

Stroid

18-12-2004 12:25:33

Plus karma for you to freeoffersnow!

DJStile

18-12-2004 14:31:49

Whenever you guys are done arguing about Gratis, can anyone read my response please? Thanks again to those of you who responsed in accordance to the subject. )

Stroid

18-12-2004 14:59:07

I have not had the lag problem so i cant answer that but as far as talking to a human the only way is to continue writing them through the FAQ page eventually a human will respond back to you. Hope that helps.

grant38402

20-12-2004 11:19:03

[quotec5d415db29="rbmerc"]well it better go green soon or else i am emailing gratis about it because my friends offer is completed that signed up for me...

-merc[/quotec5d415db29]
or else..you sound intimidating