Need desperate help from BMG offer completions!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4136

beammeup4

16-12-2004 16:46:03

Gratis is being stupid. I completed BMG 2 months ago and received my CD's on 10/31, but I still haven't been credited yet. They tell me that they need a confirmation email, but obviously since it's been so long, that email is long gone. They will not believe me. This is really stupid.

What I am asking is for someone who has completed the BMG offer to copy and paste the text of the confirmation email. This isn't cheating because I legitimately completed this offer and Gratis is trying to be selfish. I don't see how Gratis expects people to keep 2 month old emails. I think they're being plain retarded. x

Stroid

16-12-2004 16:49:24

the confirmation email must have your name on it, so if someone gave you theirs it would say their name that wouldnt work. you probably just need to do another offer.

beammeup4

16-12-2004 17:00:58

Obviously, I would change the name to my name and put in any membership numbers (which come with the CD's) in place of it. I'm not stupid, and I won't complete another offer since I spent money on CD's already.

Jin_Roh_Ghost

16-12-2004 19:00:38

Let me have your accuont ill complete a offer and get the i pod.=P

EatChex89

16-12-2004 19:16:07

dude that sucks do another offer, that's your best bet, do eFax

beammeup4

16-12-2004 19:29:52

I think one of you has to have the confirmation email for BMG. All I need is the text of it. I cannot do another offer because I don't want to spend anymore money. I cannot do eFax because I have done eFax already for another Gratis site. Please, all I ask is for a copy of the confirmation email, nothing more.

Stroid

16-12-2004 20:58:39

I dont think to many people do BMG its not that great of an offer. Just do a trial.

CoMpFrEaK

16-12-2004 21:04:43

[quotec72d326196="stroid"]I dont think to many people do BMG its not that great of an offer. Just do a trial.[/quotec72d326196]

i love cheap legal music cds, thats why i did it, i find it a excellent deal

beammeup4

16-12-2004 21:10:22

I hate to break up the wonderful conversation on how much BMG sucks, but my point is, I ALREADY COMPLETED THE OFFER!!! Umm, anyone please help that actually completed BMG?

CoMpFrEaK

16-12-2004 21:41:22

[quote9cc6fca8ee="beammeup4"]I hate to break up the wonderful conversation on how much BMG sucks, but my point is, I ALREADY COMPLETED THE OFFER!!! Umm, anyone please help that actually completed BMG?[/quote9cc6fca8ee]

give it a total of two weeks, it took mine a long time but it eventually went through

Stroid

16-12-2004 22:06:21

Compfreak i agree legal music is great but at the same time BMG charges a arm and a leg for their full price cds. Thats why i think the deal kinda sucks.

jadem

17-12-2004 06:18:33

I think what you're experiencing is the phenomenon of people not wanting to help out in the manner you're requesting.

1) Why is the confirmation email long gone? If you've been working on getting your iPod since October, many of us here would say that you were "dumb" for losing the email before you were credited (I'm not calling you dumb, I'm saying many probably would). Hindsight IS 20/20, but the majority of us keep those emails either by copying and pasting the info, or just not deleting it until the iPod is in our hands.

2) It may be stupid that they don't believe you, but they're not in this to be nice and give leniency to those that aren't psychotically suspicious of everything (like myself). The bottom line for Gratis is money.

and 3) If you do happen to find someone nice enough to do as you requested, that's great and good luck. Just hope that for some reason you get placed on hold (don't those emails have specific numbers attached to them? If so, how do you know they won't check for the same confirmation # in their database?).

beammeup4

17-12-2004 07:02:08

1.) It's more complex than you think. I get over 100 emails a day, and though I carefully watch out for important emails, 100 emails X 90 days equals a high chance the emails are not here

2.) I agree with you. Both Gratis and many of the members of this board are selfish

3.) Umm, again, I wasn't planning to copy and paste the confirmation email just as it was. I was going to replace the name with my own and put in all the required membership number (which came with my CD's). I am not that stupid.

Anyone care to help that's not selfish?

zed2004

17-12-2004 10:14:29

try calling BMG and asking for a fax, email or some kind of information that can link YOU, or the same email address, or the date the membership was created.

then you may have a legit argument to make with gratis. BMG may even have information on who referred you to them, and thus would be ample proof that you signed up through the gratis offer page.