We need a sticky ipod case thread!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4080

spamrus

15-12-2004 13:40:29

Please post where you get yours and reviews

I bought this IPOD cover + charger package for $20.49 shipped.

http//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67838&item=5738248045&rd=1

The package came in 3 days, stamps was $1.20 USD for $6 S&H.

Silicone ipod cover
The fitment is perfect for our G4 free ipods. The circle cut out and the screen cut out matches nicely. A minor dissatisfaction is that the top "mouth" of the cover does not stick tight to the ipod. This is just due to the design. So, there are some minor "flapping" going on on the top.

It comes with screen and touch pad protection slip. Which is just a thin plastic film. It works great.

Belt clip (useless IMO). You need to permanently stick an attachment to the silicone case. Which I doubt it'll be secure. You don't want to hang your ipod on your belt and has it fall off while you are jogging.

A nice touch is that it comes with a matching colored neck strap where you can attach to either "ears" of the cover.

Car charger - Have not tested yet, but it has matching ipod theme.

Overall Impression It is packaged like those cheap cell phone accessories. For $20, it is pretty good value as compared to the ipod cases out there. However, this guy must make A TON of money selling these cases. I'd prefer a case that completely grabs the Ipod, one that you'll need to stretch a hole to put the ipod in.

turpentinedreams

15-12-2004 14:00:48

iskin>anything
www.iskin.com

geemic

15-12-2004 14:26:02

i skins are nice, a few of my friends had them and the belt clip scratched up the back of there ipods so i dont think there the best

zed2004

15-12-2004 14:30:43

i'm in the market for a case also. I've noticed that there are already tons of small hairline scratches on the back of the pod. i'm not too interested in keeping it in mint condition anyways, i figure why waste the time and energy trying to pamper the damn thing.

twistrman

15-12-2004 14:40:58

i posted this on another thread, but it applies here, so I'll post it again...

goto

http//www.lajo.biz

browse around there for a bit, then this is what you do when you're ready to order

at the top of the page will be a banner on the left side it says Lajo in graffiti writing. click on that and it will change the banner. Under friends key put "twistrman" then on the other part make up your own user name and password. You should receive a $5 credit in your account. The cases are a hell of a lot cheaper too, and a huge selection.

Oh and if you don't buy right away, you can login again by click that same logo, skip the friend part and just put in your own login stuff, but the first time you have to use a friends code, it's invite only

J_Uneek

15-12-2004 16:21:34

[quote90a439c82b="turpentinedreams"]iskin>anything
www.iskin.com[/quote90a439c82b]

Yeah I love my carbon joint. Best screen protection there is. Not only is the screen protection good, it also displays very well. I couldn't ever imagine wearing my ipod on my hip so I don't use the belt clip. (a nextel and a sidekick already weighing me down). And the material is pretty strong.

Tholek

15-12-2004 18:48:50

OK, we all know iSkin brand skins is at the top of the heap, and I always thought the Speck brand ones were a bit flimsy, but those Lajo ones...I've read stuff about quality.

http//www.ipodlounge.com/reviews_more.php?id=5652_0_6_0_M

Does anyone here have a Lajo ExO, and can attest that they're equal in quality to iSkins EvO's?

twistrman

15-12-2004 19:51:48

[quoted98daafe68="Tholek"]OK, we all know iSkin brand skins is at the top of the heap, and I always thought the Speck brand ones were a bit flimsy, but those Lajo ones...I've read stuff about quality.

http//www.ipodlounge.com/reviews_more.php?id=5652_0_6_0_M

Does anyone here have a Lajo ExO, and can attest that they're equal in quality to iSkins EvO's?[/quoted98daafe68]

i wouldn't be posting a link if i didn't think it was good stuff. I ordered 3 of them between my friends and I and they all came in good quality, fits like a glove too...

Tholek

15-12-2004 20:55:27

Did you read that article?

I'm just worried that they still look as unfinished as in that article's pics.

twistrman

15-12-2004 21:48:49

yes i did read the article...

I posted my reply to your comment, because 1. yes i read it 2. the 3 cases from Lajo that i am holding in my hand right now, do now look unfinished.

I was surprised to see the date to be Nov 24th 2004 on the article though. Most of the quality issues it discusses refer to when the 4g ipods just arrived (a rush job as they out it). The only thing is, the 4g ipods have been out for how long now? If they were having quality issues when they first came out, and people complained, it would have been changed by now.

you can have your opinions, and i know reviews online are usually pretty good, but i;'m just saying what i know from the cases i have bought.

rbmerc

15-12-2004 22:12:01

what is the best solid black ipod cover i can get? i really liked the ones i saw on that ebay auction... i just dont like the white color of the ipod...

-merc

Tholek

16-12-2004 04:55:23

[quotee73c70c8bb="twistrman"]yes i did read the article...

I posted my reply to your comment, because 1. yes i read it 2. the 3 cases from Lajo that i am holding in my hand right now, do now look unfinished.

I was surprised to see the date to be Nov 24th 2004 on the article though. Most of the quality issues it discusses refer to when the 4g ipods just arrived (a rush job as they out it). The only thing is, the 4g ipods have been out for how long now? If they were having quality issues when they first came out, and people complained, it would have been changed by now.

you can have your opinions, and i know reviews online are usually pretty good, but i;'m just saying what i know from the cases i have bought.[/quotee73c70c8bb]

I accept that.

I certainly don't have it "in" for Lajo cases. Quite the opposite, in fact. (Gotta love those prices) I had just been hoping for some site to contradict what iPodlounge was saying.

At this point, I'm inclined to go with a Lajo case due to the price. I can't say I'm as confident in their quality/reputation as I am with iSkin, but price is an issue here, and I think Lajo is certainly better than the Speck skins.

Too bad Lajo isn't offering $10 off, I'd order in a heartbeat. ;)

twistrman

16-12-2004 11:04:10

[quote14ac359f0d="Tholek"]Too bad Lajo isn't offering $10 off, I'd order in a heartbeat. ;)[/quote14ac359f0d]

Thinking of that it's too bad you didn't post up on this before November 28th. They were doing a special after thanksgiving sale for a couple days and everything was half off. I didn't know if i was keeping my 20 or getting a 40, so i bought both for now, same price as just 1... Plus my extra 5 for the key thing and it was a damn good deal.

Well in total i bought 3 cases and 2 ishades, after all the discounts (once you buy enough the shipping price goes away) for all of it it was $21. damn good deal

mein07

16-12-2004 13:31:58

^^ Same here. I ordered a Lajo case during the half off sale and my total came out to be $4.75 shipped. I'm very happy with my purchase and I highly recommend Lajo cases.

Tholek

17-12-2004 07:12:51

Sucks to be me...

JCHawk2003

17-12-2004 10:22:01

goto www.vajacases.com they got some top notch cases, on a high price, but damn their nice, im getting a baby blue one, all leather they r nice trust me

Tholek

17-12-2004 20:35:47

I'm no leather freak, but those really [iec91d7d126]are[/iec91d7d126] the best leather ones I've seen.

http//www1.vajacases.com/images/mp3/apple/ipod_photo/ipod_photo.html

Still...Silicone=Cheaper=Better for me. ;)

twistrman

17-12-2004 20:57:51

heh, they look nice, but i wouldn't be using leather for any type of case, just not my thing.

for whoever said silicone = cheaper (i forgot to quote it) very true, also

silicone = skid free, i can lay this baby on a table and it isn't sliding anywhere.

One more thing to who i was quoting with the links to the article about Lajo. The pic it showed with the crappy quality was on the flip bottom design. I can't really vouch for that because i didn't get that exact one. However when i put mine in the dock i just peel the case up off the bottom so it fits.

AND i exchanged my ipod for the 40gb today, kickass!

jadem

20-12-2004 07:49:35

I <3 my iSkin. I didn't even look at anything else for my iPod. )

l0th

20-12-2004 16:08:27

what about the iPod photo?

Since that one is coming with a dock, I bet that there will be more interested in a skin of the exoflip (lajo) or speck kind. But here's the problem speck's skin is not out and I'm already not too tempted because of what I read about their 4g skins. As for the exoflip, there are online stores around that present the 40gb 4g model as compatible with the iPod photo but it's simply not the case (pun intended lol ). I asked one of these stores about this and here's the answer I got

[quoteb9aab64a1c]t is true that the space in the back where the flap closes is a little bit open with the iPod Photo. If this would bother you, you may want to order an iSkin eVo2 without the flap[/quoteb9aab64a1c]

Now, I'm pretty sure the iPod photo would fit in eVo2 if you push it hard enough in there. But I suspect you would have an extremely difficult time taking it off. So, with an eVo2 I guess you can just forget about using the dock.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this? Is there a skin specifically designed for the iPod photo that allows connection on the dock without taking off the skin first?

twistrman

20-12-2004 21:12:58

[quoteb3f2dd1f8c="l0th"]Has anyone come up with a solution to this? Is there a skin specifically designed for the iPod photo that allows connection on the dock without taking off the skin first?[/quoteb3f2dd1f8c]

i think the best bet is to just get a silicone case without the flap and when you put it in the dock, just take the bottom, stretch it down and put the ipod back through the clickwheel hole and pull it up a little bit, so it's like 3/4 of the way on. then stick it in the dock. i have the dock with my 40 and it works fine like that. this is all only if you have the kind with the open click wheel, otherwise i don't really know.

Tholek

21-12-2004 02:43:53

Problem is, if you want that clickwheel covered, like I do , then you can't do that....(how could you NOT want that covered, they get so dirty)

I see Lajo has an Exo3 for the Photo iPod, but that is the minimal protection they have. I thought they'd have an Exo2fb for it already, but they seem to be concentrating on the art cases at the moment.

stepin2thefrezer

21-12-2004 07:02:49

I had an iskin for my 1st gen 10 gig, but the corners of the skin started to rip after about 6 months of use

l0th

21-12-2004 07:24:24

[quoteedd0c55b94]I see Lajo has an Exo3 for the Photo iPod, but that is the minimal protection they have. I thought they'd have an Exo2fb for it already, but they seem to be concentrating on the art cases at the moment.[/quoteedd0c55b94]

It looks like there are people who use the exoflp for the iPod photo. I found someone on ipodlounge who uses one with a 60gb(!) iPod photo and I'm trying to get some pics. I'll link the pics here if he can take some.

twistrman

21-12-2004 11:02:37

[quote546b64e98d="Tholek"]Problem is, if you want that clickwheel covered, like I do , then you can't do that....(how could you NOT want that covered, they get so dirty) [/quote546b64e98d]

I didn't want the clickwheel covered because i liked the the bright red color of LaRouge but if you get the clickwheel covered, since it's such a thin piece of silicone there it looks very pink (i liked asphalt too, but then the clickwheel looks sorta brown) i figure i can keep my clickwheel pretty clean.

Tholek

24-12-2004 11:46:19

Well, I took the plunge today, and placed an order....and with good reason too.

They just reinstated that sale you spoke of, but now it's [bf54ba1b509]55%[/bf54ba1b509] off!

Now that's just plain [if54ba1b509]sick[/if54ba1b509] D

If you do what twistrman mentioned earlier and create a key, you'll get $5 towards your purchase, and seeing that a multiple item order means free shipping, that $5 really goes toward your total, which will be more than half off what's listed already. )

Amazing...

My key is [bf54ba1b509]O&A[/bf54ba1b509], although seeing as [bf54ba1b509]twistrman[/bf54ba1b509] introduced me, and others to this, I should defer to his key. ;)

Get on board now, if you ever wanted a iPod case, because this looks impossible to beat.

I went for covered clickwheels (the exo3fb's) as, at least in my experience, they [if54ba1b509]do[/if54ba1b509] get dirty, and cleaning them can be quite risky.

Case in point, after reading articles on cleaning the clickwheel, I tried to use a paper towel soaked in 70% isopropyl alcohol to clean it, but used too much, and it seeped into the seam between the clickwheel and case.

I went insane for two hours, as the clickwheel failed to respond during that time. (Nothing worse than thinking you broke that precious iPod you suffered so long for)

Anyhow, I won't be doing that again. My clickwheels shall always be covered from this day forward. (and I'll be more sparing with the booze) ;)

Oh, by the way, if you do a search on LaRouge exo cases, some of the resellers have pictures that contradict that "pinkness" you spoke of. (I went for that colour too)

I guess that would only be present in the exo3's, if at all....

twistrman

24-12-2004 13:15:05

yeah, the LaRouge is good stuff. i haven't it taken of my ipod since i got it. Yeah i figured the pinkness goes in and out from each batch but i didn't want to risk it. The top of the case is thinner since you have to plug the cords in and stuff and it looks pinkish on mine, luckily it's a very small area. Let me know how yours comes out, because in the future i might order another with the covered wheel, I'm tempted to do it now since they are on a huge sale. I couldn't see anything saying a sale on the site (i hate the way their site is designed) but i put one in the cart and saw the discount.

I'm tempted to get the twist clip belt clip for it as well, $15 is a lot, but half of doesn't make it too bad.

INFO FOR ANYONE ELSE, i just checked the site (www.lajo.biz) and the sale will be going on from today until the 2nd of January. so you get 55% off on anything in the store, and if you follow the steps from my other post (click the word Lajo in the top left of the page on the banner, the banner will change, put twistrman in the friends key box and then fill out the other boxes) and you should get another $5 off. sweet deal.

Tholek

24-12-2004 17:21:04

People, in case you're on the fence, just realise that when you use a friends key, and get [ic74a8b3604]your[/ic74a8b3604] discounts, you can then offer your key to others, and reap the benefits.

Looking at it, I wouldn't be surprised if Lajo's key program was directly inspired by Gratis. )

Jones' Blue Bubblegum [ic74a8b3604]rocks[/ic74a8b3604], by the way..... 8)

twistrman

24-12-2004 23:18:26

[quote1c10e76e72="Tholek"]Jones' Blue Bubblegum [i1c10e76e72]rocks[/i1c10e76e72], by the way..... 8)[/quote1c10e76e72]

lol, jones' in general rocks my socks off. i love the juice, i used to buy the soda every Wednesday before class. bug juice was my all time favorite, but alas it has disappeared.

Tholek

25-12-2004 02:22:15

They're making a comeback in major cities......I'm even seeing Jones in local supermarkets. )

They always get great publicity with those Turkey etc flavoured sodas that make everyone go "ewww".

twistrman

25-12-2004 10:17:47

[quote7db1d6ed9a="Tholek"]They're making a comeback in major cities......I'm even seeing Jones in local supermarkets. )

They always get great publicity with those Turkey etc flavoured sodas that make everyone go "ewww".[/quote7db1d6ed9a]

Yeah we've had jones in the supermarkets around us for years. Lots of coffee shops carry them too (at a high price as well i might add)

I would like to see Jones vending machines pop up on campus...

If you think just turkey was bad, check this out...

http//www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0920/

turpentinedreams

25-12-2004 11:18:01

i got electra (glows) and clickwheel covered+ clear screen cover.
it looks 900x hot.

Tholek

25-12-2004 16:01:00

[quoteacbb0d0605="twistrman"]If you think just turkey was bad, check this out...

http//www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0920/[/quoteacbb0d0605]

Yeah, saw those on every morning show a few months back.

Jones always cost more in cafe's, but even in the cheaper places, the days of a buck a bottle is gone, I think. (

I also haven't seen a glass bottle vending machine in years, so unless they come in plastic bottles where you are (I've heard of that on the west coast, but there's only glass here), you might be out of luck.

turpentinedreams

25-12-2004 18:19:54

i have seen them in vending machines in chicago and san fran.

Tholek

25-12-2004 20:48:34

Glass or plastic?

twistrman

25-12-2004 21:12:42

they are putting out cans now too! i saw them in my local target in 12 packs, unfortunately all the good flavors were gone. all they had was sugar free black cherry, i love black cherry, but sugar free just makes it taste funky.

Tholek

26-12-2004 04:07:58

Cans???

Ugh, the words, "gourmet", "niche" and "alternative" no longer seem to apply here anymore. (

I wonder when we'll see the 2 liter, sorry, I meant [ifbdedf4da8]1.5[/ifbdedf4da8] liter, not to mention 24oz bottles stating "Now with 4 more ounces!"

Let's not forget 8 oz cans, for the little kiddies too.

For shame, Mr. Van Stolk.....for shame..... ;)

Oh, and I like their use of Splenda in their diet sodas, they taste better than nutrasweet. (They were the first to use it too)

thevman2002

26-12-2004 19:32:33

[quoteac7f17d75f="Tholek"]Well, I took the plunge today, and placed an order....and with good reason too.

They just reinstated that sale you spoke of, but now it's [bac7f17d75f]55%[/bac7f17d75f] off!

Now that's just plain [iac7f17d75f]sick[/iac7f17d75f] D

If you do what twistrman mentioned earlier and create a key, you'll get $5 towards your purchase, and seeing that a multiple item order means free shipping, that $5 really goes toward your total, which will be more than half off what's listed already. )

Amazing...

My key is [bac7f17d75f]O&A[/bac7f17d75f], although seeing as [bac7f17d75f]twistrman[/bac7f17d75f] introduced me, and others to this, I should defer to his key. ;)

Get on board now, if you ever wanted a iPod case, because this looks impossible to beat.

I went for covered clickwheels (the exo3fb's) as, at least in my experience, they [iac7f17d75f]do[/iac7f17d75f] get dirty, and cleaning them can be quite risky.

Case in point, after reading articles on cleaning the clickwheel, I tried to use a paper towel soaked in 70% isopropyl alcohol to clean it, but used too much, and it seeped into the seam between the clickwheel and case.

I went insane for two hours, as the clickwheel failed to respond during that time. (Nothing worse than thinking you broke that precious iPod you suffered so long for)

Anyhow, I won't be doing that again. My clickwheels shall always be covered from this day forward. (and I'll be more sparing with the booze) ;)

Oh, by the way, if you do a search on LaRouge exo cases, some of the resellers have pictures that contradict that "pinkness" you spoke of. (I went for that colour too)

I guess that would only be present in the exo3's, if at all....[/quoteac7f17d75f]

i tried twistrman code and o&a it says i have no usable cash...

whats wrong?

Stroid

26-12-2004 19:47:59

wait until you check out it will give you 55% off. I just ordered 2 cases.

Stroid

26-12-2004 19:54:37

So i just ordered 2 cases but how long will it take to get here since it doesnt say on my order yet. I went ahead and ordered so i would have them before my ipod gets here i am a 12-21 STV. Hopefully i will get both of them this week.

twistrman

26-12-2004 22:27:55

[quote7182dfb1ed="stroid"]So i just ordered 2 cases but how long will it take to get here since it doesnt say on my order yet. I went ahead and ordered so i would have them before my ipod gets here i am a 12-21 STV. Hopefully i will get both of them this week.[/quote7182dfb1ed]

i think it took my cases just a little over a week to get here, but that was right before Christmas so i think it got into the holiday rush of packages and might have gotten slowed down.

twistrman

26-12-2004 22:47:46

[quote21ae31453b="thevman2002"][quote21ae31453b="Tholek"]Well, I took the plunge today, and placed an order....and with good reason too.

They just reinstated that sale you spoke of, but now it's [b21ae31453b]55%[/b21ae31453b] off!

Now that's just plain [i21ae31453b]sick[/i21ae31453b] D

Amazing...

My key is [b21ae31453b]O&A[/b21ae31453b], although seeing as [b21ae31453b]twistrman[/b21ae31453b] introduced me, and others to this, I should defer to his key. ;)

I went for covered clickwheels (the exo3fb's) as, at least in my experience, they [i21ae31453b]do[/i21ae31453b] get dirty, and cleaning them can be quite risky.

I guess that would only be present in the exo3's, if at all....[/quote21ae31453b]

i tried twistrman code and o&a it says i have no usable cash...

whats wrong?[/quote21ae31453b]

I'm actually confused on what you said you did. from the sounds of it you tried to use my key "twistrman" and then used o&a but from who you quoted along with me, their code was o&a so that's where I'm confused. you would put my key (or the other guys) in the friends key box and the ones on the right you fill out with your own key. i could be just misreading this, because it is almost 2 in the morning.

However, if you did properly make a key and no usable cash showed up, 2 things could have happened

1 i looked on the forums for the site and tried to make sure that they were still doing the $5 with a join. i couldn't find anything saying they weren't. but from time to time i seems like they decided not to offer it (i don't know why because it's a great way to get business)

2 maybe something just screwed up with it. if you see on their links it has a macool link on the right, that's their forums. if you register and post in there about the problem. they're good about fixing it. the workers frequent it often.

However even if they aren't doing the $5 thing right now (and I'm sorry if they decided to switch it as i posted things about it) everything you add to your cart right now will discount 55% off until Jan 2nd. still a pretty kickass deal

Tholek

27-12-2004 02:11:14

[quote2516cd69b1="twistrman"]However even if they aren't doing the $5 thing right now (and I'm sorry if they decided to switch it as i posted things about it) everything you add to your cart right now will discount 55% off until Jan 2nd. still a pretty kickass deal[/quote2516cd69b1]

That appears to be it.

They stopped the $5 dollar promo, but you still need a key for the 55% discount.

That [i2516cd69b1]still[/i2516cd69b1] rocks.

Stroid

27-12-2004 06:09:50

yeah i paid $20 for 2 cases and 2 shades thats a great deal. )

thevman2002

27-12-2004 14:23:16

whend does this 55% off end?

CoMpFrEaK

27-12-2004 14:25:18

my friend tried the plastic thingy i gave her, its just a piece of plastic and she said it works amazingly well, it offers scratch protection, heck thats all i care about cuase i dont drop things

Stroid

27-12-2004 14:34:48

what plastic thingy?

twistrman

27-12-2004 14:38:29

[quote7b20976c62="thevman2002"]whend does this 55% off end?[/quote7b20976c62]

The forums on the site said that the 55% off ends on Jan. 2nd. i don't know when on the 2nd though, so I'm prob going to place my order on the 1st or before

Tholek

27-12-2004 21:46:11

[quote829cb235b2="twistrman"][quote829cb235b2="thevman2002"]whend does this 55% off end?[/quote829cb235b2]

The forums on the site said that the 55% off ends on Jan. 2nd. i don't know when on the 2nd though, so I'm prob going to place my order on the 1st or before[/quote829cb235b2]

I think Lajo has said repeatedly that they're on China time.

Stroid

27-12-2004 21:48:10

Yeah they are because i order yesterday 12-26 and today i got an email saying that they shipped my order 12-28 but that was earlier today. So they are on China time, i was shipped by Hongkong Post.

turpentinedreams

28-12-2004 00:44:25

oh yeah, the vending machine was glass. i didn't see it drop down or anything so i guess it had the system down pretty good.
it came out delicious.

turpentinedreams

28-12-2004 16:59:00

Warning The Lajo screen protectors may scratch the screen hardcore.
I am current;y trying to get them to do somehting about all the damage it has done to mine.

Stroid

28-12-2004 20:53:58

I dont understand how it scratched your screen? A friend of mine has a screen protector on his and there have been no issues. Please explain my lajo case will be here this week.

twistrman

28-12-2004 23:23:58

[quote54687766b3="stroid"]I dont understand how it scratched your screen? A friend of mine has a screen protector on his and there have been no issues. Please explain my lajo case will be here this week.[/quote54687766b3]

i think you'll be fine. this is the only occurrence I've heard of it scratching it up.

think about it though, silicone rubber, creating scratches in metal. i know the ipod scratch easily (which i know it looks cool but i think they should ditch the whole mirror polish all together) but still, it's freakin silicone...

Stroid

28-12-2004 23:29:31

yeah thats what i figured how could silicone hurt metal. But i was just wondering about turps particular situation.

Tholek

29-12-2004 05:28:18

Two things.....

He said screen protector, and I believe the iShades are made of TPU. (a type of plastic polymer)

The iPod screen is part of the acrylic case, and isn't metal.

I don't know where silicone scratching metal came into this.... ;)

twistrman

29-12-2004 08:14:06

yeah i was combining info from his other post because he was making the point that the back only had one scratch on before he put the case one. it seemed like he was implying that the case did some damage back there too. i prob read it wrong though.

the screen protectors are still a softer plastic. i thought they would have been a lot harder when i got mine. I've had mine on for almost solid 2 weeks, i just went upstairs and got it to look at it, and took the screen protector off. not a scratch on it. one finger print smudge from who knows when, but not 1 scratch. the part that touches your screen is so flat and smooth.

the only thing i could figure out is if it had a rough edge (which mine has a tiny rough spot, so did my friends, i think it's in the mold) and then he slid that rough spot all over the screen to get it in there.

the major point that I'll bring up though is no case will give you 100% guaranteed no matter what protection. even encased in rubber and plastic screen protectors these things are still delicate machines. mirror polished metal, LCD screens, the harddrive... you have to have an amount of gentle care towards them.

l0th

29-12-2004 08:42:54

the thing is that these iShades are so much harder to put on properly than the iSkin protector.

The plastic is rough on one edge of mine, causing the iShade to be uneven. As a result it's practically impossible for me to get rid of a big pocket of air between the iShade and the screen. This pocket of air significantly darken a big area of my screen, even when the backlight is on. In addition there are three tiny irregular spots in the middle area of the iShade that make my screen look like a few pixels are dead (I checked my screen, it's fine these 'pixels' move if I turn the iShade upside-down).

Now, I believe that if you push your iShade around to try and fix this, you might scratch the screen, either with your nails or that rough edge.

I'd like to replace it with an iSkin screen proctector, but I really don't feel like buying a 5 pack for $15... Anyone knows where you can get just one of these?

Tholek

29-12-2004 15:58:23

Maybe an apple store, or eBay, of course. ;)

[quote1d15b50155="twistrman"]the only thing i could figure out is if it had a rough edge (which mine has a tiny rough spot, so did my friends, i think it's in the mold) and then he slid that rough spot all over the screen to get it in there.[/quote1d15b50155]

Yeah, the one "biggie" problem I'm seeing, is that issue, as it's being raised by his resellers on his forum. (

He says it's part of the process, and that it's covered by the skin, so you won't notice, but people are still complaining, and desiring refunds, or new stock.

I already placed an order, and I'll see what I get, but if it's as I think, then an exacto knife might solve the problem. (Shouldn't be necessary, but not hard to do)

[quote1d15b50155="twistrman"]the major point that I'll bring up though is no case will give you 100% guaranteed no matter what protection. even encased in rubber and plastic screen protectors these things are still delicate machines. mirror polished metal, LCD screens, the harddrive... you have to have an amount of gentle care towards them.[/quote1d15b50155]

If you use your iPod at all, you will get a few of those fine scratches. Plain and simple.

How many you get, however, depends on how well you take care of it.

That's why skins exist.

Stroid

01-01-2005 12:23:44

i ordered like a week ago and they gave me an order number but when i try to track it i get nothing. any ideas of why that is and did that happen to anyone else. i know it shipped out of China from HKpost

Tholek

01-01-2005 17:14:42

[quote371fbebf03="stroid"]i ordered like a week ago and they gave me an order number but when i try to track it i get nothing. any ideas of why that is and did that happen to anyone else. i know it shipped out of China from HKpost[/quote371fbebf03]

I don't know that you [i371fbebf03]can[/i371fbebf03] track HKPost. (

Stroid

01-01-2005 17:28:34

yeah you cant track HKPost but once it reaches america it should go to another shipper. on thier FAQ it says the ship Fedex, UPS, or DHL which doesnt help me at all. oh well i guess i will just have to wait it should be here this week. thanks Tholek

Tholek

01-01-2005 18:02:01

[quotebf902307a9="stroid"]yeah you cant track HKPost but once it reaches america it should go to another shipper. on thier FAQ it says the ship Fedex, UPS, or DHL which doesnt help me at all. oh well i guess i will just have to wait it should be here this week. thanks Tholek[/quotebf902307a9]

Those logos show all the carriers they supposedly use, but DHL and up are for orders over $50 (after discount), and the others for resellers bulk shipments.

Yeah, it's misleading.

HKPost is standard mail, it gets picked up by USPS. I know, because I once ordered one of those aluminum external laptop hard drive cases from there. It came with lots of tracking info and barcodes on it, but the shipper mentioned none of that, and the post office said that it's meaningless, as they couldn't scan it to show it was picked up.

So it's basically standard airmail.

Stroid

01-01-2005 18:08:27

that makes more sense, thanks again. i was kinda thinking that it would come in USPS

Tholek

12-01-2005 02:36:00

I got my cases, and they look friggin' [i1a3be32ccc]fantastic[/i1a3be32ccc]! )

They shipped on 12/31, and I got them yesterday.

Stroid

12-01-2005 06:24:23

i shipped 12-28 and i still dont have them i really hope they get here today! (

dangerous

12-01-2005 14:36:51

how important is having air vents in the back of the case?

Stroid

12-01-2005 14:38:05

i dont know but i was wondering the same thing. The ipod can get pretty hot but i dont really see how are vents would help that much, yes some heat would leave the case but i dont think it would make that much of a diffrence

twistrman

12-01-2005 15:06:49

i prefer the flatback, and i haven't had any problems with heat yet, and i usually play it for hours straight at a time...

Tholek

12-01-2005 17:53:34

Yeah, I'd go no other way than flatback. Plus silicone doesn't insulate so much, so I doubt holes will help much either way.

My real problem is, that I then put the skinned pod in a leather case for drop protection too.

http/" alt=""/img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Tholek/leatherandlajo.jpg[/imgee3924c633]

Not sure if that's good in regards to overheating......

Stroid

13-01-2005 14:38:55

Thats a bit much in my opinion. I just got my lajo cases today check it out i really like it!!! D eXo flat back for 20GB 4th gen iPod Indigo with a deep indigo screen shade. i also got eXo3x 4g for 20GB 4th gen iPod but i don't like that one as much.

http/" alt=""/img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Stroid/lajocase.jpg[/img18a567003b]

[img="18a567003b]http/" alt=""/img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Stroid/lajocase3.jpg[/img18a567003b]
its really bright in the dark!!!

twistrman

13-01-2005 16:24:16

that's one good looking ipod...

Stroid

13-01-2005 16:25:47

thank you sir....i appreciate the 55% discount you gave me! Plus Karma!

Tholek

13-01-2005 17:13:49

Same here, twistrman put me on to a great deal. )

I almost went for the Indigo too, but wasn't sure how it would look in person. Turns out that I should've also wondered about Ferrari Red, as that's a bit more orangey than appeared on the site. (at least to me) LaRouge is really the best red they have, and I should have gotten my Ferrari's in that colour too.

I'm sure I'll buy more though. )

By the way, are there any articles out there specific to iPod overheating, and it's tolerances? I think my current setup might be ok outdoors (Winter), but at home/indoors it comes out of the leather case regardless.

twistrman

13-01-2005 22:58:59

yeah i got the LaRouge, in my opinion it leans a little more towards pink and i was wishing i had the Ferrari, but i guess if it's more towards orange I'll stick with mine.

i don't know much about the overheating subject, i haven't noticed mine getting that hot at all though, in any conditions.

amaivs

14-01-2005 12:29:51

http//www.hazysky.com/myra/mini_ipod/podskin1.jpg[" alt=""/img3c9f2f875a]

http//www.hazysky.com/myra/mini_ipod/podskin2.jpg
http//www.hazysky.com/myra/mini_ipod/podskin3.jpg
http//www.hazysky.com/myra/mini_ipod/podskin4.jpg
http//www.hazysky.com/myra/mini_ipod/podskin5.jpg

click ^^ to see more angles.

regular pics of my mini..

[img="3c9f2f875a]http//www.hazysky.com/myra/mini_ipod/ipodf.jpg[" alt=""/img3c9f2f875a]

Tholek

14-01-2005 16:59:25

I put up one pic, and it becomes a "show us your case" thread. D

Doh004

14-01-2005 18:13:22

Hey Amaivs I'm getting a mini too. Just wondering where you got your case? I've been liking the iSkins ones now, just wanna take a look around (Yes I've been reading this thread -p)

amaivs

14-01-2005 19:00:26

[quote10ef30cf47="Tholek"]I put up one pic, and it becomes a "show us your case" thread. D[/quote10ef30cf47]

Yeah, I "totally" got the idea from you. I PRAISE YOU!!!

liBows downli

roll

I didn't even go through the previous four pages, so save yourself from a pat on the back.

amaivs

14-01-2005 19:01:34

[quote9bb728a1ed="Doh004"]Hey Amaivs I'm getting a mini too. Just wondering where you got your case? I've been liking the iSkins ones now, just wanna take a look around (Yes I've been reading this thread -p)[/quote9bb728a1ed]

it's an iskin

although, i didn't buy it from the site, i bought it from ebay.
i think it costed me about 19.95 total plus shipping. it's not bad. nothings better looking than the pod itself but we're all so anal about getting our pods scratched!!!

Stroid

14-01-2005 20:43:55

[quotea0adcd223d]we're all so anal about getting our pods scratched!!![/quotea0adcd223d]

Aint that the truth!!!

amaivs

14-01-2005 21:59:58

[quoteeaf62a4d63="stroid"][quoteeaf62a4d63]we're all so anal about getting our pods scratched!!![/quoteeaf62a4d63]

Aint that the truth!!![/quoteeaf62a4d63]

Haha yeah...... lol

Tholek

15-01-2005 01:09:59

[quoteb64d8fce25="amaivs"][quoteb64d8fce25="Tholek"]I put up one pic, and it becomes a "show us your case" thread. D[/quoteb64d8fce25]

liBows downli

roll

I didn't even go through the previous four pages, so save yourself from a pat on the back.[/quoteb64d8fce25]

Wow....thanks for ruining my day. I simply cannot live without the acceptance and adoration of complete strangers. roll

I guess you not seeing the previous pages, means you may not have noticed that someone [ib64d8fce25]else[/ib64d8fce25] may have posted a pic too, and that might have been enough reason for my friendly comment.

Anyhow, the pictures look great. Did you get the shade included?

Also Doh004, you might want to consider Lajo cases ( www.lajo.biz ) as well as iSkins. I've found they are of excellent quality (mine were equal to iSkins) and much cheaper than iSkins too.

amaivs

15-01-2005 09:02:29

[quoteabd10613cf="Tholek"][quoteabd10613cf="amaivs"][quoteabd10613cf="Tholek"]I put up one pic, and it becomes a "show us your case" thread. D[/quoteabd10613cf]

liBows downli

roll

I didn't even go through the previous four pages, so save yourself from a pat on the back.[/quoteabd10613cf]

Wow....thanks for ruining my day. I simply cannot live without the acceptance and adoration of complete strangers. roll

I guess you not seeing the previous pages, means you may not have noticed that someone [iabd10613cf]else[/iabd10613cf] may have posted a pic too, and that might have been enough reason for my friendly comment.

Also Doh004, you might want to consider Lajo cases ( www.lajo.biz ) as well as iSkins. I've found they are of excellent quality (mine were equal to iSkins) and much cheaper than iSkins too.[/quoteabd10613cf]

There is no need to come off as a jerk about it, what so ever.

Doh004

15-01-2005 12:28:29

[quotef8dc2de36f="Tholek"][quotef8dc2de36f="amaivs"][quotef8dc2de36f="Tholek"]I put up one pic, and it becomes a "show us your case" thread. D[/quotef8dc2de36f]

liBows downli

roll

I didn't even go through the previous four pages, so save yourself from a pat on the back.[/quotef8dc2de36f]

I guess you not seeing the previous pages, means you may not have noticed that someone [if8dc2de36f]else[/if8dc2de36f] may have posted a pic too, and that might have been enough reason for my friendly comment.

Also Doh004, you might want to consider Lajo cases ( www.lajo.biz ) as well as iSkins. I've found they are of excellent quality (mine were equal to iSkins) and much cheaper than iSkins too.[/quotef8dc2de36f]
Hmm that website doesn't load the pages to order or even view the skin upclose... Also viewing a site from a direct IP address is kinda shifty...

Tholek

16-01-2005 05:33:57

[quoteaad72f406f="amaivs"]There is no need to come off as a jerk about it, what so ever.[/quoteaad72f406f]

Obviously. That's why I can't understand why you did.

[quoteaad72f406f="Doh004"]Hmm that website doesn't load the pages to order or even view the skin upclose... Also viewing a site from a direct IP address is kinda shifty...[/quoteaad72f406f]

Insofar as the IP addy goes, it's legit. Just do a search on this forum or the net to see Lajo is one of the top ipod skin manufacturers there are.

The site is hosted in asia, and I'm guessing they want to avoid tld's like www.lajo.cn or www.lajo.tw, but they [iaad72f406f]are[/iaad72f406f] legit.

Try this specific page to see the different 4G cases

http//202.153.110.46/Xskn/features/eXo2%204g-features.asp

You can click on each case at the top to see the different colours available. )

amaivs

16-01-2005 10:03:42

[quote426fde01df="Tholek"][quote426fde01df="amaivs"]There is no need to come off as a jerk about it, what so ever.[/quote426fde01df]

Obviously. That's why I can't understand why you did.
[/quote426fde01df]

Girls aren't jerks. I mean, why be bothered by something people who posted a few pics after yours? Your comment was simply not needed. Especially when it was meant to come off rude.

twistrman

16-01-2005 12:07:59

i got my twistclips from Lajo yesterday. i might say these things are damn good. they hold my ipod so tight i won't ever worry about it falling out. $15 is a lot for a belt clip, but at 55% off it was great, plus the fact that these things are frigging durable.

they came with one of those zip cases to go around for skinned ipod too, i don't think I'd ever use it, but i guess if goto the beach or something it'll be nice.

Tholek

16-01-2005 14:12:52

[quotee7b5457c41="amaivs"]Girls aren't jerks.[/quotee7b5457c41]

LOL. (You really made me laugh there) lol

[quotee7b5457c41="amaivs"]I mean, why be bothered by something people who posted a few pics after yours?[/quotee7b5457c41]

What are you talking about? ?

[quotee7b5457c41="amaivs"]Your comment was simply not needed.[/quotee7b5457c41]

Yours wasn't, yet you made it.

[quotee7b5457c41="amaivs"]Especially when it was meant to come off rude.[/quotee7b5457c41]

Again, that was [ie7b5457c41]you[/ie7b5457c41]. ;)

Now why don't you chill out a bit, and see that you are reading negativity into people's posts when there isn't any.

You'll have a much more enjoyable time here if you do.

amaivs

16-01-2005 16:21:31

[quote6c73743e6c="Tholek"][quote6c73743e6c="amaivs"]Girls aren't jerks.[/quote6c73743e6c]

LOL. (You really made me laugh there) lol

[quote6c73743e6c="amaivs"]I mean, why be bothered by something people who posted a few pics after yours?[/quote6c73743e6c]

What are you talking about? ?

[quote6c73743e6c="amaivs"]Your comment was simply not needed.[/quote6c73743e6c]

Yours wasn't, yet you made it.

[quote6c73743e6c="amaivs"]Especially when it was meant to come off rude.[/quote6c73743e6c]

Again, that was [i6c73743e6c]you[/i6c73743e6c]. ;)

Now why don't you chill out a bit, and see that you are reading negativity into people's posts when there isn't any.

You'll have a much more enjoyable time here if you do.[/quote6c73743e6c]

lol

You are soo funny!!!!!

roll

illjuan

16-01-2005 19:27:24

[quoteb1ab71253d="Tholek"]

You'll have a much more enjoyable time here if you do.[/quoteb1ab71253d]exactly no offense

Doh004

16-01-2005 19:46:31

Hey people just cool down a bit. No need to fight about it ;)

And I'm thinking the iSking looks nicer than the lajo ones, (I wan't the "ebony" or all black skin for the mini) and the lajo one is plainer, but iSkin has some cool edges. Iunno we shall see.

Stroid

16-01-2005 19:49:06

I love my lajo case! Its wonderful and the screen shade is great!!

J4320

16-01-2005 19:50:37

[quote0bcfcf8a63="stroid"]I love my lajo case! Its wonderful and the screen shade is great!![/quote0bcfcf8a63]

Is the scroll wheel covered? This has probably already been answered. I haven't read through this thread.

Stroid

16-01-2005 19:52:52

I got one with a covered scroll wheel and one without, i use the blue one(the one in my sig) which i like better. The covered scroll wheel is ok but i really havent used it.

J4320

16-01-2005 19:55:07

[quote7d0818a944="stroid"]I got one with a covered scroll wheel and one without, i use the blue one(the one in my sig) which i like better. The covered scroll wheel is ok but i really havent used it.[/quote7d0818a944]

Is there a big need for a scroll wheel cover?

Stroid

16-01-2005 19:56:22

i dont think so i just got a great deal from lajo two cases for $20.52 with shipping so i got one of each to see what i liked better. What i didnt like about the covered wheel is that i felt it stuck to my thumb and i couldnt control the ipod very well

J4320

16-01-2005 19:57:19

Oh, the scroll wheel doesn't get dirty easily, does it?

Stroid

16-01-2005 19:59:10

just keep it clean and you wont have any problems, but i havent noticed it getting dirty its been fine

geemic

16-01-2005 19:59:30

can you stop quoting everything

J4320

16-01-2005 20:02:05

I didn't quote in my last post. Happy? And thanks for the info stroid. )

Stroid

16-01-2005 20:03:57

no problem man use the info on the first page of this thread to order from lajo i would recomend their product i like it alot and its alot cheaper it just takes like 2 weeks to get the cases

J4320

16-01-2005 20:04:57

I think I'll do freeigear.com or I'll just order off of eBay.

dangerous

17-01-2005 00:23:50

do u know when theyre doing the 50% off again?

Tholek

17-01-2005 07:41:28

OK, then I'll quote. ;)

[quoted2271402f3="J4320"]Is there a big need for a scroll wheel cover?[/quoted2271402f3]

I noticed my clickwheel did get a bit dirty.

[quoted2271402f3="J4320"]Oh, the scroll wheel doesn't get dirty easily, does it?[/quoted2271402f3]

Mine took awhile, but it did.

[quoted2271402f3="stroid"]just keep it clean and you wont have any problems, but i havent noticed it getting dirty its been fine[/quoted2271402f3]

I tend to be one of those people that don't shuffle, and before I got my remote, I'd keep changing from track to track, which that means more contact, and buildup of oils from your skin etc.

I do clean it on occassion, but you need to be VERY careful doing so. I used a paper napkin soaked in 70% isopropyl alcohol, and accidentally got some excess into the seam between the case and clickwheel. The clickwheel went dead for about an hour. shock

Believe me, after all we do to get the damned thing, the worse thing you can do is to screw up and spill something into it and wreck it yourself. (It's fine now)

So, although I'm more stingy with the alcohol now, I've seen firsthand that any liquid near the clickwheel is a danger, and that is also one of the main reasons to cover that clickwheel. (Lajo only though, as iSkin inserts won't protect the seam)

[quoted2271402f3="stroid"]What i didnt like about the covered wheel is that i felt it stuck to my thumb and i couldnt control the ipod very well[/quoted2271402f3]

That was a concern before I got covered ones, and right out of the package, I noticed it was true. However, after a wash, and a day or two of "breaking in" it's no longer an issue. I had a soft touch with the bare ipod, and skinned it's no different. )

[quoted2271402f3="dangerous"]do u know when they're doing the 50% off again?[/quoted2271402f3]

Well, they seem to coincide with holidays so far, and I do know Lajo has said he will do another, but you'd just have to keep checking his forum to see when he announces one. ( www.lajo.biz )

twistrman

17-01-2005 08:35:19

[quote0181b676a7="dangerous"]do u know when theyre doing the 50% off again?[/quote0181b676a7]

yeah, we don't know when they're going to do it exactly yet, but during the last sale they broke their previous record for most sales in one day, so they said they were going to deff. do something like it in 2005. we just gotta wait it out.

nalgene_freak

20-01-2005 13:49:54

[quote7cb149dc0b="twistrman"]at the top of the page will be a banner on the left side it says Lajo in graffiti writing. click on that and it will change the banner. Under friends key put "twistrman" then on the other part make up your own user name and password. You should receive a $5 credit in your account. The cases are a hell of a lot cheaper too, and a huge selection.

[/quote7cb149dc0b]

I couldn't get this to work, I copied the key in and it worked until I got to the end and it said I had $0 usuable dollars

twistrman

20-01-2005 15:21:42

[quotedf3c3f7693="nalgene_freak"][quotedf3c3f7693="twistrman"]at the top of the page will be a banner on the left side it says Lajo in graffiti writing. click on that and it will change the banner. Under friends key put "twistrman" then on the other part make up your own user name and password. You should receive a $5 credit in your account. The cases are a hell of a lot cheaper too, and a huge selection.

[/quotedf3c3f7693]

I couldn't get this to work, I copied the key in and it worked until I got to the end and it said I had $0 usable dollars[/quotedf3c3f7693]

i think we posted in here awhile ago, but it's quite possible that it missed getting put in here. they stopped doing it for now, they do it on an off, just like their sales. i think it's stupid since it's a good incentive for people to join the key program...

HOWEVER here's the good part. by being a key holder and when you login (login every time you goto the site, just the same as joining but only put your info in, leave my part out) you are eligible to see bonus offers that most people don't see. sometimes they have what are called test drive too, which if they offer one it's basically a free case for you to try out a new style. also i think if you're logged in and place an order you automatically get like 5% off or something like that (don't quote me on that, I'm trying to remember)

so, I'm sorry they turned off the $5 joining thing for now, but there's a lot of other things that come along with it.

Tholek

21-01-2005 02:37:34

[bc87c249ffd]Woo-Hoo![/bc87c249ffd][/sizec87c249ffd]

[bc87c249ffd]Lajo's 55% off sale is back on![/bc87c249ffd]!

As posted earlier, just go to www.lajo.biz and click the little LAJO logo in it(looks like grafitti), and use someones key (like mine, [bc87c249ffd]O&A[/bc87c249ffd]), and then create your own.

Start adding things to your cart, and you'll see a volume discount applied in the subtotal.

This is soooooo sweet, but it ends at the end of the month! shock

twistrman

21-01-2005 10:31:30

[quote7eeb92083e="Tholek"][b7eeb92083e]Woo-Hoo![/b7eeb92083e][/size7eeb92083e]

[b7eeb92083e]Lajo's 55% off sale is back on![/b7eeb92083e]!

As posted earlier, just go to www.lajo.biz and click the little LAJO logo in it(looks like grafitti), and use someones key (like mine, [b7eeb92083e]O&A[/b7eeb92083e]), and then create your own.

Start adding things to your cart, and you'll see a volume discount applied in the subtotal.

This is soooooo sweet, but it ends at the end of the month! shock[/quote7eeb92083e]

Lajo just loves to have sales. too bad i don't need anything right now, although i could start buying them and selling them

You try to muscle me out of the key program goods here tholek? i think i was the first one to post about it on this thread.... wink

Tholek

21-01-2005 20:10:31

Hey, because of you I got my deal. (Tips hat) )

Feel free to use twistrmans key too, but I think there's enough love to go around for all. ;)

twistrman

21-01-2005 23:39:32

[quote84109dc8dd="Tholek"]Hey, because of you I got my deal. (Tips hat) )

Feel free to use twistrmans key too, but I think there's enough love to go around for all. ;)[/quote84109dc8dd]

i agree

man i want to buy something else since the sale is going on, but i don't really need another case... i wish they had the keyboard protectors for 12" ibooks, i would be all over it

Tholek

22-01-2005 03:39:55

It's too late for me, I've become hooked on the colour aspect. )

I'll probably get an Electra or Indigo this time, and might go for an art case, but none of those cover the clickwheel, which I consider a "must".

I might have to get some iSkin clickwheel covers if I do order one. (Why Lajo hasn't made these so far, I don't know)

Stroid

22-01-2005 10:56:39

I love the indigo its really nice might recomend a deep indigo screen shade

thevman2002

22-01-2005 19:31:50

i ordered a case at lajo with tht 55% off thing and $5 key.

i ordered on jan 1 and still havent recieved it. wtf?

mad_man

22-01-2005 19:37:45

does the case also protect your ipod?

twistrman

22-01-2005 22:03:49

[quote192d3c63cc="thevman2002"]i ordered a case at lajo with tht 55% off thing and $5 key.

i ordered on jan 1 and still havent recieved it. wtf?[/quote192d3c63cc]

if you goto there forums ( www.lajo.biz, and the macool link on the right hand side) there was something about this i think. I don't remember all of it, but i guess someone was supposed to be doing part of the shipping for lajo, and instead of dropping things off when he was supposed to he did it whenever he felt like it. so lajo said they should be coming soon. thats one of the main reason for the 55% of sale that just started because he felt bad that some people got screwed like that.

sidenote though i also ordered on Jan 1st, so you should be getting it any time now, i got mine a few days ago, so you;d prob be right along with me.

twistrman

22-01-2005 22:06:25

[quote89eb42dfa0="mad_man"]does the case also protect your ipod?[/quote89eb42dfa0]

yes, to a certain extent. your ipod will be safe from scratches, the screen will too if you get the screen protector.

some people said that their screen protector scratched their screen, but i can take mine off and my ipod looks like the day i bought it.

it will also help dampen short falls, not saying it will do a 100% job at this, but a 2mm silicone(kinda bouncy) skin would obviously be better then just dropping your ipod.

Tholek

23-01-2005 10:19:18

Yeah, it will help with a few bumps, and some sharp/pointy objects won't reach the iPod to scratch/gouge the iPod.

But if you expect it to protect the iPod from a 2-3 foot drop (Hand>Ground), then you really ought to get a leather case that will pad it a bit more.

Here's my setup

http/" alt=""/img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Tholek/leatherandlajo.jpg[/img51adcee2b9]

That's a exo2fb in a leather case.

I think you'll this is the best protection, short of hard cases which limit access to controls.

thevman2002

25-01-2005 20:27:05

w00t. got my apshalt colored ipod lajo case monday! i dont even have an ipod to use it with. hopefully freeipods.com sends mine. LMAO!

twistrman

26-01-2005 06:57:50

[quotef70620f702="thevman2002"]w00t. got my apshalt colored ipod lajo case monday! i dont even have an ipod to use it with. hopefully freeipods.com sends mine. LMAO![/quotef70620f702]

that's the same thing i did, ordered before i knew if i was getting the ipod for sure, gives you more hope

Tholek

26-01-2005 09:36:59

Yeah, if anything went wrong, you could always put the skins on eBay.

twistrman

26-01-2005 15:22:40

[quote8c10480623="Tholek"]Yeah, if anything went wrong, you could always put the skins on eBay.[/quote8c10480623]

that's what i had planned to do because i bought a 20gig and a 40gig case, not knowing if i would keep the 20 or trade it in for a 40. i went with the 40, so i had an extra case. then one of my good friends saw my case on my ipod and was like, hey i need one of those, so i sold it to her.

Tholek

26-01-2005 15:46:47

So "technically" you're a reseller now. ;)

penguin

12-03-2005 09:59:20

how easy is it to remove an iskin from the an ipod mini? i have some money left on my apple gift card so i want to buy a case from the selection at the apple store. the iskin looks like the best choice at the moment b/c it has a screen protector and isn't too clunky. i'm only looking for something to protect the screen and case from scratches. i bought a dock, though, and i'm sure the mini won't fit in it w/ the iskin on. i'll probably end up just charging directly w/ the cable instead of removing the skin. probably shouldn't have bought the dock b/c of this issue and got the in-ear headphones instead but eh, it was free in the end.

bceagles04

12-03-2005 10:52:57

It shouldnt be too hard to take off at all.

LizM

15-03-2005 11:43:35

Do you need to take off the skin in order for it to physically fit in the dock? I thought the only need to take off the skin was if there wasnt' an opening for the "dock hole" at the bottom.

penguin

16-03-2005 23:15:03

[quoteadc98a39e9="LizM"]Do you need to take off the skin in order for it to physically fit in the dock? I thought the only need to take off the skin was if there wasnt' an opening for the "dock hole" at the bottom.[/quoteadc98a39e9]

you have to take off the skin in order for it to fit in the dock which is pretty irritating. there's a flap on the bottom of the skin if you just use a cable to charge/upload songs to your ipod and that works perfectly fine. i would definitely recommend the iskin if that's what you do. i just keep some songs solely on my ipod so i can't play them through my computer speakers unless i remove the skin to use the dock.

does anyone have the agent18 minishield or the countour isee hard cases? i was reading reviews on the apple site and people have said the minishield gets scratched easily and the isee is really hard to remove.

all i want is a case that protects everything on the ipod mini except for the clickwheel (if it does that's a bonus but not necessary) and that is very easy to remove so that i can use my dock. is that too much to ask?? any suggestions?

Tholek

17-03-2005 13:28:13

The Lajo flip skins allow docking.

Lajo skins also protect everything including the clickwheel (you'll need a screen protector for the screen, which they have too)

As far as skin application/removal (iSkin, Lajo etc), you should dust the skin with talcum powder, and remove the excess.

Worked great for me. )

penguin

17-03-2005 15:55:02

thank you tholek!! i knew there was a case out there that allowed docking. i've browsed the lajo site before but it has to be one of the most poorly designed retail sites. i had to check ipodlouge to figure out the model differences.

is it hard to apply/remove the lajo skins w/ out talcum powder? do you insert the ipod through the window cutout for the screen (like you do the iskin) or through the bottom? how does the clickwheel function w/ the plastic over it? sorry for the billion questions.

i'm getting greedy and i think i want the 30 g ipod photo now even though i just got the mini.

twistrman

17-03-2005 16:01:59

[quotee0ece27900="penguin"]thank you tholek!! i knew there was a case out there that allowed docking. i've browsed the lajo site before but it has to be one of the most poorly designed retail sites. i had to check ipodlouge to figure out the model differences.

is it hard to apply/remove the lajo skins w/ out talcum powder? do you insert the ipod through the window cutout for the screen (like you do the iskin) or through the bottom? how does the clickwheel function w/ the plastic over it? sorry for the billion questions.

i'm getting greedy and i think i want the 30 g ipod photo now even though i just got the mini.[/quotee0ece27900]

their site is poorly designed but the best way to figure out all the features is just click on any type of case for the model you want, then at the top their is a thing that says "features" click on that and that'll take care of all that.

you don't need talc powder at all to put them on or off. they stretch right around it. if the wheel isn't covered you can insert it through that (also if you have the uncovered you can just stretch the bottom off so it'll dock). i just got a new one with the flip bottom and the wheel protector and the wheel still works perfectly fine.

if you have any more questions just ask, a lot of us can answer them pretty good.