What is with all the NEGATIVE responses in these forums?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4019

IPODGURU

13-12-2004 17:44:32

i have seen too much negativity. what is the deal people? i have even seen the moderators acting in a negative manner. dont you want to have a fun and positive site?

userfour

13-12-2004 17:47:17

stfu idiot.

haha just kidding. seriously though, this is probably the wrong place to put this. anyway, in answering your question, that's just how forums are. get used to it buddy, sorry.

CoMpFrEaK

13-12-2004 17:48:04

[quoteee1dbab775="IPODGURU"]i have seen too much negativity. what is the deal people? i have even seen the moderators acting in a negative manner. dont you want to have a fun and positive site?[/quoteee1dbab775]

well i think it may be beacuse of all the noobs that sign up and post their referral link, they dont read the rules and dont abide by them, also when you see someone else get their ipod and you have either been on hold or havent finished i dont think they really appericate it, i admit it even though i made that type of topic today wink

l0th

14-12-2004 01:07:31

I think it's because a lot of people here have been waiting for a gift for some time and they didn't receive it yet. That makes them a bit edgy.

Then there's also a phenomenon I've observed since about a week or two people who are new to this whole free deal business are more impatient than anyone else. More and more often you see things like "I didn't receive credit and it's been 2 whole hours already! wtf???", "they don't have any non cc offers! wtf!" or "my account was approved last week, wtf is my iPod?!?" or "why did they ship with DHL, I hate this company because I never heard their name before" (and please note shipping is free...)

It's like a lot of newcomers now believe that an iPod is basically free and that free deals websites are like a public service that is due to them.

Any other older member here noticed that strange phenomenon?

Stroid

14-12-2004 08:19:42

Yeah 10th i know what you are talking about people are constantly complaining and for no good reason. I am in the hold loop but i am working it out with gratis. These people need to get some patience and quit complaining about it because its starting to get really annoying.

JCHawk2003

14-12-2004 08:59:12

i hate jeolous people, theyre just complaining cuz theyre too lazy to get 5 people

TonyGarcia

14-12-2004 13:12:47

yeah i agree... the freeipodsguide forums are not to friendly... and do not tolerate any mistakes..

I'm used to it though... welcome to our dysfunctional forums

jadem

15-12-2004 06:23:44

[quote3a594f233d="l0th"]Any other older member here noticed that strange phenomenon?[/quote3a594f233d]

I have definitely noticed this. Although, the only reason I still hang around here (got my ipod in Oct) is because I love reading the flame wars. Oh, that and helping out here and there. D

r2d2_unit

16-12-2004 14:03:58

i'd have to agree with loth on this one.

P0ldy

16-12-2004 14:57:05

I haven't seen any hostility, just joined up yesterday. I suppose I'm not an egregious n00b, though.