ok so freepay is "backlogged"

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39989

nytrate

25-05-2006 13:14:42

on approval forms according to one post.

Here is my questions for freepay

if you have the time to update your websites to have a totally different look on the status page

if you have the time to change around freepay nanos to have different prizes and requirements

if you have the time to add bonus gifts for doing certain offers

if you have the time to launch a new site (phones)

Then WHERE ARE OUR GIFTS? Why are people waiting MONTHS for approval?

This is completely unacceptable. Being backlogged and understaffed is one thing

but to put the customers at the LOWEST priority is another (and that is very obviously where we are with all their new changes while we wait and wait)

shame shame shame

cmstar

25-05-2006 13:22:32

Good points.

Tropic32

25-05-2006 13:35:19

Yep.

cmstar

25-05-2006 13:40:29

The sad thing is, one or two small simple jestures would go a long way. If they just took the time to put on your status page "We received your approval form. We're looking over it. We're really backlogged. Bare with us."

It would put more people at ease. Instead, it's like they're just ignoring us.

Buford T

25-05-2006 18:17:12

[quote77ee8f5ccc="nytrate"]if you have the time to update your websites to have a totally different look on the status page

if you have the time to change around freepay nanos to have different prizes and requirements

if you have the time to add bonus gifts for doing certain offers

if you have the time to launch a new site (phones)

Then WHERE ARE OUR GIFTS? Why are people waiting MONTHS for approval?[/quote77ee8f5ccc]

That question would make more sense if Freepay was just one guy doing this out of his garage. But it's not. I'm sure they have different departments for various tasks. Customer Service (the area that seems to be bottlenecked), I would guess, has nothing to do with any of the changes you've listed. Therefore, while CS is getting its @ss beat in, the execs and techs are "shuffling the deck chairs", so to speak.

n3il89

25-05-2006 19:55:28

[quotefccf9b6748="cmstar"]The sad thing is, one or two small simple jestures would go a long way. If they just took the time to put on your status page "We received your approval form. We're looking over it. We're really backlogged. Bare with us."

It would put more people at ease. Instead, it's like they're just ignoring us.[/quotefccf9b6748]

Here is what they recently wrote to me via customer service inquiry when I was wondering what was taking so long

"Thanks for contacting FreePay Customer Service. We understand that this long delay is quite an inconvenience. We are well aware that our customers have every right to be upset about this matter and we can assure you that FreePay will honor its commitment to their large customer base. We do not have a definite date as to when the iPods will be delivered. Please remain patient as we are working towards getting those orders delivered as soon as possible. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team"

Also, if you just ask FreePay (via customer service inquiry) if they got your approval form than they will tell you. They did for me, at least.

nytrate

25-05-2006 20:59:05

LOL they're waiting for a new ipod to come out or the price to drop so they get a better price?

As for different departments, I don't think that's a viable excuse.

Whatever. Freepay ipods is the first freebie I ever tried for. I STILL haven't gotten it, several ipods, giftcards, paypal payments, computers later from actual legit networks.

Hell, I even did a Peel.com site which everyone considers a scam (since their sites look like a replica of old freepay sites and they are mad shady) and I got my gift in 2 weeks.

jy3

25-05-2006 21:27:16

yeah i am hoping i get approved within 5 days. it would suck to lose a green. i had hoped to get an extra but credit never went thru for him...psp...want for trip to NYC...

kala

25-05-2006 22:33:14

[quote862aff6950="jy3"]yeah i am hoping i get approved within 5 days. it would suck to lose a green. i had hoped to get an extra but credit never went thru for him...psp...want for trip to NYC...[/quote862aff6950]

Get approved in 5 days? Don't we have until 29th of June to send them the approval forms? That doesn't mean they have to approve us by May 30th, right?

Sparhawk226

25-05-2006 23:07:47

Nope. Supposedly all we have to do is get all our greens (or yellows which will turn into greens) by May 30th. There has been some debate as to if yellows that turn green after May 30th will count for you, but I read somewhere on their terms that inferred that they would count. You have 30 days beyond your 90 day period to get your form to them (so June 29th they have to receive it).

Tholek

25-05-2006 23:09:39

I'd just like more time to finish off laptops.freepay.

nytrate

26-05-2006 05:37:01

i mean it's very very obvious what they are doing, I don't see why people are in denial.

They are waiting as long as they can so people that have dq'd refs can't replace them and are screwed out of a gift.

I'm gonna be in DC next week. Maybe I should drop of a business ethics text book? Gratis definitely needs one.

fgr_admin

26-05-2006 08:17:34

You forgot they also just launched gifts.freepay

$100 for 3 referrals

nytrate

26-05-2006 08:36:28

I am giving them until the end of June to make good on my gift before taking further action.

There ARE possibilities. Companies that scam their customers are not allowed to operate in this country. They can cry Terms of Service all they want but anyone with any legal knowledge knows that their TOS doesn't mean shit when it boils down to it.

It's like me starting an online store with the small print saying I can overcharge peoples credit card if I am short on money. Or that if we're out of stock of one thing that I can send a picture of it. It would never fly in court. That is how people idealy see the legal system and loopholes but it just isn't the truth.

Small print means nothing when it comes to consumer-rights. Countless cases have proved this.

I also know about 25+ lawyers in DC (since I lived there many years and attended college there) many of which are making careers out of consumer-rights.

I will also contact every single one of their sponsors and inform them about their actions and how that reflects upon them as a sponsor.

stagim

26-05-2006 08:41:16

Im with you nytrate, but I don't know if I can wait until the end of june, I have already waited since the start of March for a few sites.

nytrate

26-05-2006 09:30:49

only reason I'm giving them that much time is because the actions I plan to take will be very time consuming and costly.

I am currently preparing to enter law school and this is just what I need to get myself fired up.

Spending months of time and much money over an iPod? This is just what Freepay wants...people to just let it go because fighting it is not worth it.

Well they didn't count on me. I'm an asshole to the highest degree and I always win.

I once called the mayor of College Park Maryland on his home phone because of an injustice of several hundred dollars the city was trying to screw me on. Everyone gave me the run around so I just went to the top.

2 days later everything got dropped and I even got an apologly. I just don't give up.

Peel.com tried to screw me out of my free gift and I called the owner and told him that I would be flying out with a lawyer if things weren't straightened out. They were straightened out instantly.

I once had a phone bill of over $500 dropped from Verizon because I wrote a letter and contacted the right people. I was even in the wrong that time (it was a mistake over what I thought was a local #) but I STILL won. In fact they over credited my phone bill so my balance was in the negative. I not only got the 500 dropped I got free phone service for about 3 months until the balance evened back out to 0. It was just a matter of contacting the right people and saying the right things.

That is just how I am. I don't give up on anything and if I believe I'm right I'll fight it to the death.

jy3

26-05-2006 10:07:36

[quotefcde3b6466="kala"][quotefcde3b6466="jy3"]yeah i am hoping i get approved within 5 days. it would suck to lose a green. i had hoped to get an extra but credit never went thru for him...psp...want for trip to NYC...[/quotefcde3b6466]

Get approved in 5 days? Don't we have until 29th of June to send them the approval forms? That doesn't mean they have to approve us by May 30th, right?[/quotefcde3b6466]

sorry kala
what I meant was that it would be nice to know if my last referral fails for some reason causing me to have 1 fewer than I need. if this happens after 5/31 I assume that I will be screwed and not able to get another green. now, i was going to get an extra green but he never got credit so I am not sure what to do...

chillywilly

26-05-2006 10:13:36

[quotef51ca0bb9c="Tholek"]I'd just like more time to finish off laptops.freepay.[/quotef51ca0bb9c]
If it wasn't for that damn time limit they put on all their sites, I think some of us could be patient enough to wait for the freebie. But it's the time limit on top of the waiting that is going to lose a lot of people for them.

They will still get people signing up, but they won't be that many from the freebie community.

Buford T

26-05-2006 17:04:11

This is just typical of what happens when a company grows much faster than what it is prepared for. There are going to be rough patches. At one point, I'm pretty sure that Gratis/Freepay was the standard to which others were measured. Now they're struggling, but I'm confidant they'll work it out. They're making money hand over fist and I'm sure they'd much rather not cut off their main revenue stream if they can help it. There's no way that they'd intentionally drive away customers.

But, as I've said before, they're in this to make money, not spread goodwill throughout the world via free gear. If whatever moves they make are calculated for them to make more money.. hats off.

Now don't get me wrong, I may applaud capitalism, but I'm also vested (as a customer) in what happens with them. If I don't eventually get my freebie, I'll be WELL pissed off. If I feel I've been wronged, I'll most likely seek some sort of recourse. But until that time comes, when I know that it definitely isn't coming, why fume over it? There's much more important shit to worry about. Besides.. it's spring. It's gorgeous out. Memorial Day weekend is upon us. It's all good.

Oh, and [b9113571752]nytrate[/b9113571752], if in two weeks, three of my greens go red (for no apparent reason) causing me to fall short of the requirements, let me know where to sign up for class action. wink

Have a great weekend everybody.

ThreatNet

27-05-2006 07:25:34

They don't have them... duh (

rommels

27-05-2006 14:38:44

[quotee2b247788a="Buford T"]Oh, and [be2b247788a]nytrate[/be2b247788a], if in two weeks, three of my greens go red (for no apparent reason) causing me to fall short of the requirements, let me know where to sign up for class action. wink[/quotee2b247788a]

Me too ;p

getasweetipod

27-05-2006 22:37:15

[quoteac0fe3d78a="rommels"][quoteac0fe3d78a="Buford T"]Oh, and [bac0fe3d78a]nytrate[/bac0fe3d78a], if in two weeks, three of my greens go red (for no apparent reason) causing me to fall short of the requirements, let me know where to sign up for class action. wink[/quoteac0fe3d78a]

Me too ;p[/quoteac0fe3d78a]

ME too!

Count me in on the class action! We should start a thread to guage interest in a class action. Im sure Freepay would sit up and take notice once they start to visualize the possibility of a class action suite actually gaining momentum.

Tropic32

27-05-2006 22:41:32

[quote1ea71cc5bb="getasweetipod"][quote1ea71cc5bb="rommels"][quote1ea71cc5bb="Buford T"]Oh, and [b1ea71cc5bb]nytrate[/b1ea71cc5bb], if in two weeks, three of my greens go red (for no apparent reason) causing me to fall short of the requirements, let me know where to sign up for class action. wink[/quote1ea71cc5bb]

Me too ;p[/quote1ea71cc5bb]

ME too!

Count me in on the class action! We should start a thread to guage interest in a class action. Im sure Freepay would sit up and take notice once they start to visualize the possibility of a class action suite actually gaining momentum.[/quote1ea71cc5bb]

Although i have some hope for the next couple of days, but if they jip me, I'm with you guys. But i trust somewhat that they will not jip me considering i got 9 refs out of 8 and all of whom are legit!

jimh_jimh

28-05-2006 17:26:00

In my opinion, everything that you now see going on with FreePay is typical of a business poised on the brink of bankruptcy.

If FreePay were bringing in boatloads of money, would they be tarnishing their reputation and alienating their loyal customer base, especially at a time when new, more "user-friendly" competitors are popping up? If they were doing so well, why mess with success by imposing harsh time limits, dragging their feet with greens, and endless, unexplained shipping delays? This doesn't sound like growing pains to me - it sounds like imploding pains...

FreePay's apparent inability to make good on their liabilities, especially to those who sent in approval forms months ago, seems to indicate they simply don't have the cash to buy the freebies they already owe, much less the ones that have yet to be earned.

Has everyone already forgotten about CyberRebates, where you'd buy a joystick for $500 and then send in your $500 rebate form and hope to get paid? Where are they today and how many people did they leave SOL?

My point is simple don't hang your hopes on a "class action" suit - I'm sure FreePay realizes that if they were to walk into bankruptcy court, all normal remedies would be tossed out the window. In that case, we'd all have to get in line and hope that perhaps we get some token amount at best.

spongebob253

30-05-2006 23:20:17

OK the deadline has passed now. Hopefully and that's a big HOPEfully... things start to move along...

Gigante

31-05-2006 07:17:23

Freepay isn't going anywhere for the time being.

chillywilly

31-05-2006 10:00:40

Yeah, I think they will be around for a while. Time will tell if they see the number of people signing up declining due to people having to wait months to get their accounts approved and even more time before anything ships.

If Freepay wants to get this new system of their to work, they really need to focus on approving people sooner and cutting the time to get the freebie. If they keep this up with keeping the "carrot" in front too long, people will jump to other sites or just not do freebie sites anymore.

dmorris68

31-05-2006 10:33:17

I'm hoping that, after a while (particular if business is down), they let people with expired accounts re-signup. Like make you wait 6 months or something. It will mean more revenue for them since you and your refs will be doing new offers.

Then again, unless they get a lot of new offers, they don't have much that I can still do.