Worth donating for free iPod site?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39841

plusnightlife

23-05-2006 14:45:52

I donated $10 for freepay's giftcard site, and didn't get any sign-ups, let alone a green. Now I DIDN'T donate only for greens -- I love this site, as it helped me get a bunch of free stuff -- but now that I have donated my initial $10, I would like to donate more and maybe get some greens out of it.

Has anybody donated for the freepay iPod site? What were your experiences? And please don't quote me the unsolicited testimonials, I am looking for personal experiences.

jy3

23-05-2006 16:43:39

i am not sure if i understand. u donated to here to get your link on the front page to get greens?
if so, i cannot help ya b/c i havent done that. i know that we all appeciate donations but i am unsure how successful it is...

h3x

23-05-2006 16:49:07

[quote1feadc73b3="plusnightlife"]I donated $10 for freepay's giftcard site, and didn't get any sign-ups, let alone a green. Now I DIDN'T donate only for greens -- I love this site, as it helped me get a bunch of free stuff -- but now that I have donated my initial $10, I would like to donate more and maybe get some greens out of it.

Has anybody donated for the freepay iPod site? What were your experiences? And please don't quote me the unsolicited testimonials, I am looking for personal experiences.[/quote1feadc73b3]

I don't think you will.. But, since you love the site and it's helped you get a bunch of free stuff, you should donate anyways p

johnjimjones

23-05-2006 17:12:40

I got 2 yellows for PS3. Some people (and sites) have better luck than others.

OhIndefinitely

23-05-2006 19:12:27

I donated last week for both the iPods and Premium iPods sites, spending $30 in total. And so far I've gotten 1 green and 16 yellows for iPods and 2 greens and 7 yellows for Premium iPods. Not bad, but far from my expectations.

I guess it depends what site you donate for and how much traffic the site gets in a day. I only got three to sign up the second time I donated to Premium iPods and six, the first time.

Maybe there's something we can do to get more traffic to the site? Advertisements maybe? Only a suggestion of course.

Gigante

23-05-2006 19:24:23

[quote8728199308="OhIndefinitely"]I donated last week for both the iPods and Premium iPods sites, spending $30 in total. And so far I've gotten 1 green and 16 yellows for iPods and 2 greens and 7 yellows for Premium iPods. Not bad, but far from my expectations.

I guess it depends what site you donate for and how much traffic the site gets in a day. I only got three to sign up the second time I donated to Premium iPods and six, the first time.

Maybe there's something we can do to get more traffic to the site? Advertisements maybe? Only a suggestion of course.[/quote8728199308]

You got three greens for $10 each? I would definitely not complain. You must have high expectations.

ilanbg

23-05-2006 19:26:24

[quote19808c4f88="Gigante"][quote19808c4f88="OhIndefinitely"]I donated last week for both the iPods and Premium iPods sites, spending $30 in total. And so far I've gotten 1 green and 16 yellows for iPods and 2 greens and 7 yellows for Premium iPods. Not bad, but far from my expectations.

Maybe there's something we can do to get more traffic to the site? Advertisements maybe? Only a suggestion of course.[/quote19808c4f88]

You got three greens for $10 each? I would definitely not complain. You must have high expectations.[/quote19808c4f88]

Also Why donate before making a single post?

Berky34

23-05-2006 19:49:49

most people have better luck with freeipods since when you type free ipod into google its the first hit. ipods.freepay is second believe it or not.

OhIndefinitely

23-05-2006 20:01:36

[quoteae05612d7b="ilanbg"][quoteae05612d7b="Gigante"][quoteae05612d7b="OhIndefinitely"]I donated last week for both the iPods and Premium iPods sites, spending $30 in total. And so far I've gotten 1 green and 16 yellows for iPods and 2 greens and 7 yellows for Premium iPods. Not bad, but far from my expectations.

Maybe there's something we can do to get more traffic to the site? Advertisements maybe? Only a suggestion of course.[/quoteae05612d7b]

You got three greens for $10 each? I would definitely not complain. You must have high expectations.[/quoteae05612d7b]

Also Why donate before making a single post?[/quoteae05612d7b]

I just expected more people to sign up, that's all. Not that I don't appreciate those greens. Guess I believed those unsolicited testimonials.

And I only joined the forum today, so I couldn't have posted anything anything before I donated. Not to sound rude, but does it really matter if I didn't post anything before making a donation?

dmorris68

23-05-2006 20:10:34

[quote606dc1533b="OhIndefinitely"]And I only joined the forum today, so I couldn't have posted anything anything before I donated. Not to sound rude, but does it really matter if I didn't post anything before making a donation?[/quote606dc1533b]
No, it doesn't matter. Thank you for your donation and welcome to the forum!