DAMN DHL!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3977

Jin_Roh_Ghost

11-12-2004 13:57:44

Ok, so my I POD gets here in San Diego at 8 AM right? Well I was expecting it to come today because the DHL delivery man who picks stuff up at my work told me when packages get here in san diego. He told me if my delivery date is monday that my package should get here saturday morning. Ok, so ive been checking every hour on the DHL site to see if had arrived. I didnt know WHICH facility it would come to. SO Finally at 1230 they updated my stats to say my package arrived at 8 AM. SO I call DHL and ask if I can pick up my package and where is it located. He said sure, but I would have to get there within 20 minutes because they would close at 1 PM. I got pissed. Maybe if they fucking updated their website on time i could have received my ipod today!

Fuck you DHL.

P.S. God bless you if you actually deliver my ipod. And when I say deliver I mean get a fucking signature and dont leave it on the god damn door step.

hovigga

11-12-2004 14:37:56

just be happy your getting it.

Jin_Roh_Ghost

11-12-2004 18:30:59

That is besides the point. I'm not even keeping it.

hovigga

11-12-2004 19:02:54

...ok...ebay?

FreeOffersNow

11-12-2004 19:53:44

People really need to be a bit more grateful. I know its stressful waiting after all the "work" you've done to get this far, but come on guys...whats the problem? If you're too impatient to wait a day to get a package, something isn't right. There is nothing wrong with DHL, they are gaining market share for a reason. Also, not all deliveries require signatures...just those designated to. If they leave a package and it gets stolen (which is VERY uncommon, regardless of what you might think) then you have the right to whine. Until then...either relax or make your way on down to the WhiningBitches.com forum. (lias far as I know, said forum does not exist)

Jpac

11-12-2004 19:54:55

yo, when i got mine it said SIGNATURE REQUIRED really big around the box.. so they might need a signature..lol

FreeOffersNow

11-12-2004 20:07:13

I'm not saying it won't, simply stating that not ALL packages require signature...its an OPTION offered by shipping companies.

Jin_Roh_Ghost

11-12-2004 22:18:34

[quote1d676695ca="FreeOffersNow"]People really need to be a bit more grateful. I know its stressful waiting after all the "work" you've done to get this far, but come on guys...whats the problem? If you're too impatient to wait a day to get a package, something isn't right. There is nothing wrong with DHL, they are gaining market share for a reason. Also, not all deliveries require signatures...just those designated to. If they leave a package and it gets stolen (which is VERY uncommon, regardless of what you might think) then you have the right to whine. Until then...either relax or make your way on down to the WhiningBitches.com forum. (lias far as I know, said forum does not exist)[/quote1d676695ca]

Again, besides the point. The point is;

THEY HAVE HORRIBLE SERVICE.

DHL is only gaining market share is because they are cheap and cost effective. What kind of company updates once every 2 days. I asked the lady at the customerservice center and they said it was because it is "cost effective" WTH. UPS and FEDEX update everything. They probably even log when the driver farts.

Also, yeah I can whine. It is MY I Pod. The reason I am trying to get it as soon as possible is so I can get top x-mas dollar for it. So in my case time is money. MY money. So maybe you should calm down before you try and come off as all high and mighty.

Thank you.

emoemodude

11-12-2004 22:26:32

[quotefa0b956621="Jin_Roh_Ghost"]They probably even log when the driver farts.[/quotefa0b956621]
lol +karma for that one.

Jin_Roh_Ghost

12-12-2004 02:38:24

[quotee069e400f2="emoemodude"][quotee069e400f2="Jin_Roh_Ghost"]They probably even log when the driver farts.[/quotee069e400f2]
lol +karma for that one.[/quotee069e400f2]

Thanks =)

Tholek

12-12-2004 04:54:40

Among carriers, DHL is like JWIN.....RC Cola....Compaq.....

hovigga

12-12-2004 07:48:49

not compaq, e-machine. )

jfried

12-12-2004 08:20:35

[quotee251c8add9="Jin_Roh_Ghost"] It is MY I Pod.[/quotee251c8add9]

its iPod, and DHL is not bad, took only 1 day for me to get my iPod.

Jin_Roh_Ghost

12-12-2004 15:29:44

[quotec0ab1fc2a9="jfried"][quotec0ab1fc2a9="Jin_Roh_Ghost"] It is MY I Pod.[/quotec0ab1fc2a9]

its iPod, and DHL is not bad, took only 1 day for me to get my iPod.[/quotec0ab1fc2a9]

So that means I can take your I Pod. Since I mean it is not YOUR I pod. Right?

hovigga

12-12-2004 15:49:21

ok, im kind of lost...

Anon

12-12-2004 16:59:51

does somebody need a tissue?

FreeOffersNow

12-12-2004 17:05:55

I don't think you understand. Firms would not employ DHL as their shipping carrier if they were incompetent. DHL targets a corporate market, and therefore is geared to suit that market. Sure, cost effectiveness is always a priority, but so is performance. You might also note that DHL delivers quickly enough to meet the needs of corporate America, where time really is money. If you think lack of real-time updates is "HORRIBLE SERVICE," you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Additionally, I'm sure that you knowing exactly where you're package is will make it come faster...and in turn allow you to sell your FREE iPod for $50 more. Actually, no it wont. You may want to consider that consumers looking to purchase an iPod may have more money to spend [i2d267ff021]after[/i2d267ff021] Christmas? People are looking for deals at Christmas time, and are only willing to pay a high price if there is some sort of scarcity (e.g. the tickle-me-elmo craze). However, I'm sure you lack the necessary means to consider the nature of the market demand. Maybe you should spend your oh-so-hard-earned money on an education?

"Thank you" and goodnight.

Jin_Roh_Ghost

12-12-2004 17:44:03

[quote03a6ea7ae9="FreeOffersNow"]I don't think you understand. Firms would not employ DHL as their shipping carrier if they were incompetent. DHL targets a corporate market, and therefore is geared to suit that market. Sure, cost effectiveness is always a priority, but so is performance. You might also note that DHL delivers quickly enough to meet the needs of corporate America, where time really is money. If you think lack of real-time updates is "HORRIBLE SERVICE," you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Additionally, I'm sure that you knowing exactly where you're package is will make it come faster...and in turn allow you to sell your FREE iPod for $50 more. Actually, no it wont. You may want to consider that consumers looking to purchase an iPod may have more money to spend [i03a6ea7ae9]after[/i03a6ea7ae9] Christmas? People are looking for deals at Christmas time, and are only willing to pay a high price if there is some sort of scarcity (e.g. the tickle-me-elmo craze). However, I'm sure you lack the necessary means to consider the nature of the market demand. Maybe you should spend your oh-so-hard-earned money on an education?

"Thank you" and goodnight.[/quote03a6ea7ae9]

Notice how I am not CORPORATE America. I am just one guy. I did not choose DHL. Besides, from what I have been reading Photo I Pods ARE in high demand, and that is why almost every single carrier down in San Diego (Target, Best Buy, Circuit City) Has virtually run out of I Pods. So Yeah I think I could get a little more, if not face value for the I Pod. As for knowing exactly where my I Pod is, in case you were not paying attention... Yeah, I would have had it earlier. Because DHL failed to update fast enough I now have to wait until Monday to get my item. So in this case yes, knowing where my package is DOES matter.

Obviously you need to pay more attention to detail.

So.... with that being said you might want to learn how to keep your attention span. Obviously you have none.

Thank [i03a6ea7ae9]you[/i03a6ea7ae9], good sir.

Oh, and a pleasant day to you. D[i03a6ea7ae9][/i03a6ea7ae9]

FreeOffersNow

12-12-2004 17:56:36

Why are you quoting my post? No one wants to read the same thing twice. Anyhow, if you were paying shipping you might have an argument, but you aren't. And if you were "Reading" (I didn't know reading was a pronoun) you would know that its actually called an "iPod" not an "I Pod". But let's overlook that for the sake of good humor. Now, you're right...iPods are in high demand. But there is also enough supply to meet that demand. However, you claim that your area Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City have "virtually" run out of iPods, but since we are paying so much attention to detail here...what does that have to do with PHOTO iPod inventory? I refuse to continue reduce myself to your level of (im)maturity, so this will be my last reply. Good luck in all your endeavors, I'm sure you will get 150% of retail for your hard earned Photo iPod. </sarcasm>

Jin_Roh_Ghost

12-12-2004 18:27:19

LoL

hovigga

12-12-2004 18:49:13

Wow, you to love each other. Plus karma to Boxer in avatar dude for "assholeness"

Tholek

12-12-2004 20:19:43

[quote4f0919218f="hovigga"]not compaq, e-machine. )[/quote4f0919218f]

Touche...(still hate Compaq though)

DHL example

Last item I got through them was a replacement grille for my A/C, and they lost my package, making me come down to their local warehouse (had to cross railroad tracks) and almost sat on the sole chair in their office, which was missing a leg.

I stood there waiting for nearly 90 minutes, as they kept coming back, and checking the slip. They then brought it out, with not a word, not even to ask for my ID. (which stunned me) Needless to say, DHL is THE worst carrier, and should be avoided at all costs.

If I know a retailer will use them to ship to me, I will go to another retailer, even if they cost more.

You should do the same.

Anon

12-12-2004 20:38:54

did anyone catch those new dhl commercials with fedex and ups trucks on both sides of a railroad crossing, and then dhl trucks come shooting down the railroad tracks, lol

Jin_Roh_Ghost

14-12-2004 14:59:44

[quote37369786bf="Jpac"]yo, when i got mine it said SIGNATURE REQUIRED really big around the box.. so they might need a signature..lol[/quote37369786bf]

I know. I was tripping out on that shit too!. They didn't even fucking knock. I just happened to go out for a cigarette and it was sitting right there. No signature. Just droped.

Anonymous

14-12-2004 15:13:58

My experience with getting my iPods with dhl weren't great..I'm not complaining as they were free..so I don't mind..but I wouldn't use um to ship stuff by choice..

My reg iPod was due to arrive 12/3 and for some reason they sent it to Texas..(I'm in Buffalo NY)..I had to call um 12/4 and ask the what was up and the lady was like Why is your iPod in Texas?? Uh..exactly? lol She called the local HQ and I got it on the 6th..

Photo iPod came only a day late..but the dhl guy said he came and left it the day it was due to come under the bench on our porch and then decided to pick it up later int he day..does that sound weird to anyone? My mom was outside most of the day anyways doing christmas decor n said she saw a dhl truck but it just drove by..

I guess what I'm saying is..I personally wouldn't trust them with any of my stuff lol

Anonymous

14-12-2004 15:16:37

Ergh.. that was me ^^^ My computer logs me out on its own. grr

Jin_Roh_Ghost

14-12-2004 16:43:44

Hell yeah guest knows whats up DHL blows, they have crappy service.