How were people finding out about shipments in their area?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=395

jasonbisdead

20-09-2004 11:45:49

It seems like there was a list somewhere of shipments that were out for delivery in peoples areas. What ever happened to that? I'd like to see if there's an hpod out for delivery for me somewhere. I'm an 8/20 and switched a day or two after it was available.... I have a hunch I should be getting a surprise sometime soon.

Anyone know how to find out if there's shipments in your area?

tasteomycheese

20-09-2004 11:52:43

the list is down for the time being.

ilferetl

20-09-2004 15:43:21

go to www.opious.net/read.php and sign up for his desktoppc/freeflatscreen to get that list back up! D

zatch

20-09-2004 15:46:55

[quote38971400c7="ilferetl"]go to www.opious.net/read.php and sign up for his desktoppc/freeflatscreen to get that list back up! D[/quote38971400c7]

No ... dont ... hes getting annoying -- its pissing me off

Drakier

20-09-2004 20:22:46

I'd have to agree with Zatch on this and say how uncool it is to hold people hostage like that... Start a site and get it popular as the place to go to get a service, then suddenly stop and say you'll only start it if people do what you want... thats holding the service ransom.

IMO, it is much better to just take down the service if you do not want to do it anymore, or give someone else the option to run it for you, if available. But just holding it, and everyone else hostage is just really not too cool imo.

lishrugli

this is coming from a person who never even saw the service or what it was supposed to do.

zatch

20-09-2004 21:03:15

[quote8de698286f="Drakier"]I'd have to agree with Zatch on this and say how uncool it is to hold people hostage like that... Start a site and get it popular as the place to go to get a service, then suddenly stop and say you'll only start it if people do what you want... thats holding the service ransom.

IMO, it is much better to just take down the service if you do not want to do it anymore, or give someone else the option to run it for you, if available. But just holding it, and everyone else hostage is just really not too cool imo.

lishrugli

this is coming from a person who never even saw the service or what it was supposed to do.[/quote8de698286f]

Agreed - It'd be like our admin taking down the site till each of the moderators got a Free PC.

Its uncool and we shouldn't givin to Ipod Terrorists

IpodFace

20-09-2004 21:10:55

How does he have the info? don't other people here know the algorithm? Can't we just start a page on this site that has that information?

zatch

20-09-2004 21:13:29

I'd be happy to host it -D

Drakier

21-09-2004 08:11:46

If I knew what the site did and how it got the information, I could possibly make an attempt at it, as long as it isn't illegal.

Some people have said that he just enters a ton of tracking numbers and sorts the ones out that could be iPods, others have said he has inside information. I'm not sure anyone really knows for sure. (and if they do, share the wealth, and we might be able to get another status site started).

JGrayland

21-09-2004 08:21:01

all of it seems fishy.... ill just go by the official page.