To continue with FreePay ..or drop dead in my tracks

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39412

dmfay89

16-05-2006 19:20:00

So I recently signed up for the $300 giftcertificate through freepay... At this time I was un-aware of the recent issues people have had with gratis and freepay. So I am asking you.. should i continue to work for referrals.. or give up and find a new company?

I just want to make sure that I dont put in work and end up without the money I've been working for. However, it seems giftcards are beeing sent, while actual products are where people are having issues.

Help us all out and reply to this if you have recieved anything from freepay within the last month..

p.s. JAKE, I'm sure we'd all like to hear from you with reguards to this issue as well. Is the complany pulling things together yet, or are they still trying?

Akademikz

16-05-2006 19:28:41

Theres about like another what.. 20 some odd threads that have pretty much the same content, please post in those. Creating a new thread is just going to get you either flamed, or have more and more people spamming. Just a heads up, use the search function.. or better yet, your eyes to look around before making new threads.

dmfay89

16-05-2006 19:53:27

my appologies.. im just trying to get to the point because all the other threads are full of spam and arent getting anywhere.. i read through them but they arent helping. I am trying to directly discuss and focus on the current approval and recieving of giftcards. I have concluded most everyone has not recieved any products recently, but people my still be recieving gift certificates. So I am attempting to focus on whether or not to continue my use of FreePay, and which way is the best way to go... Not just bicker.

Akademikz

16-05-2006 19:57:17

Well, since the new system was implemented I believe no physical gifts have yet to be received but I am well aware of the fact that numerous users have been receiving SuperCertificates from Freepay in various amounts, from a number of their website. Other than that, a lot of users are still playing the waiting game and with D-Day (May 30th) quickly approaching for many users we're just sitting back and waiting for what's going to happen next with the deadline stuff. Sadly, more waiting is pretty much the only thing that you're going to be told. I understand why you made the thread; so that it would be to the point.. none of the other filler - but sadly, this will quickly become the very same.

Captain All That

17-05-2006 07:00:50

Dude, please don't waste your time with Freepay. If you support them now they will just have you as another unhappy customer... something they are perfectly fine with. I'm past my 6 week mark and I'm pretty close to snapping. Something told me not to bother with Freepay... especially since I had a NIUtech 6 offer site just waiting for me to complete... But I did... ended up doing 6 trades for 4 greens... So not only is freepay dlicking around... but two of my trades are too... this has been a horrible experience...

I started the site in April 2005 too... Man don't waste your time.

coolbreeze06

17-05-2006 07:59:59

The question is not "if" you will get your product it is "when". Freepay has not failed me in sending out 1 item. I believe it will be months befor you see it though. If you are a good way through and are willing to wait I would finish the site. Me personally I think I have done most of the sites I think I am going to do, this along with the changing rules and delivery time brings me to one decision I am done with Freepay/Gratis. We had good times and "free" gifts, but now we must part ways. This beautiful relationship has kinda soured.

jt643

17-05-2006 09:58:57

I'll throw in my experience. Over the past year I have completed the PSP and iPod Video offers and have received both products in a timely fashion. Of course, the approvals took some time, and I was STV for approx. 2 months. But, customer service has always been timely in their responses, and I have no complaints.

The recent developments are hopefully due to them shifting the way they run things rather than an indication that they are going to go belly-up - but that is just my opinion.

On another note, I am not familiar with why May 30th is D-Day. I am sure it is on other threads, but if you could enlighten me, that will save me a bunch of time.

egyptianruin

17-05-2006 12:31:52

May 30th is the last day you can complete a site if you started it prior to their new TOS on March 2nd. If you started after March 2, you have 90 days to complete the site and 30 days to mail in the form. At which time it will take 4 weeks plus to have your account reviewed and approved/denied.

jy3

17-05-2006 15:22:38

how many refs do u have already?
that is the big question...

EatChex89

17-05-2006 16:06:58

drop dead, bitch

massman

22-05-2006 15:16:41

If you have like 1-2 greens left - then yeah

if you need like 4, I'd probably give up

Commander

22-05-2006 17:05:29

GIVE UP.

I have 4/5 (10) on ipodnanos. I know they wont give me the fucking ipod so fyuck them. They changed it to 10 for dual nanos??

How come its 5 refs for a nano and on the other site 5 refs for a 30gb one.

I have dropped this site at 4/5. I am fed up with not getting credit and they dont freaking answer your questions!

DROP THEM DEAD BITCH!

jy3

22-05-2006 17:07:51

like has been said, if u need 1 ref it is doable. if u need 4 then take your losses

Tholek

22-05-2006 17:56:34

I don't wanna take my losses.

ThreatNet

22-05-2006 18:56:45

[quote7a663dd3a6="EatChex89"]drop dead, bitch[/quote7a663dd3a6]

NamePixels

22-05-2006 19:02:56

Do 10 jumping jacks, 50 pushups, and get all your refs., give me your acct., then you can "drop dead"!

Commander

23-05-2006 05:02:51

OK on ipod nanos it says I have until July to finish mine. Is this still the case? I have never read anything about May 30th??

Jake

23-05-2006 05:15:52

[quotee321734590="Commander"]
I have 4/5 (10) on ipodnanos. I know they wont give me the fucking iPod so fyuck them. They changed it to 10 for dual nanos??
[/quotee321734590]

I would suggest reading this forum a bit more carefully...

Commander

23-05-2006 05:25:01

No I don't. I know I can e-mal you at 5/5 But I know no-one will respond. Im not fucking stupid Jake. I have a support ticket opened since may 2nd and still no freaking reply.

I suggest you start
- answering support tickets
- start approving people who sent in their forms months ago
- start actually shipping items out
- get your 1st freaking XBOX360 out there! Not 1 you have sent!!
- Stop changing your sites ToC's/Requirements and start doing the above.

- reply to this and let me know what you think of the above.

Your lucky there isn't a - karma button......

Jake

23-05-2006 05:31:59

[quote0c2453dd8f="Commander"]No I don't. I know I can e-mal you at 5/5 But I know no-one will respond. Im not fucking stupid Jake. I have a support ticket opened since may 2nd and still no freaking reply. [/quote0c2453dd8f]

A noob knows everything right? roll

Ever hear the phrase, 'If at first you don't succeed, try try again?'

[quote0c2453dd8f="Commander"]
[/quote0c2453dd8f]

We do.

[/quote0c2453dd8f]

It is happening.

[/quote0c2453dd8f]

This is slowly beginning.

[/quote0c2453dd8f]

We have sent over 200 gift cards as substitutes...

[/quote0c2453dd8f]

We have every right to change our Terms and Conditions - especially if it is done to protect our business. If you don't like it, then why did you agree to them in the first place?

Commander

23-05-2006 05:49:11

[quotebef73e2067="Jake"][quotebef73e2067="Commander"]No I don't. I know I can e-mal you at 5/5 But I know no-one will respond. Im not fucking stupid Jake. I have a support ticket opened since may 2nd and still no freaking reply. [/quotebef73e2067]

A noob knows everything right? roll

Not everything mate, but this one knows enough.

Ever hear the phrase, 'If at first you don't succeed, try try again?'

How does the 2nd may, 3rd may, 5th may, 9th may and the 16th may sound. Can also add today after I finish this.
[quotebef73e2067="Commander"]
[/quotebef73e2067]

We do.

Read above. Sure you do lol.

[/quotebef73e2067]

It is happening.

If you say so. That's why so many are complaining.
[/quotebef73e2067]

This is slowly beginning.

LOL. This shouldn't have slowed down in the 1st place. Beginning?? It shoul;dn't of stopped either.

[/quotebef73e2067]

We have sent over 200 gift cards as substitutes...

I am pretty sure people would like the XBOX seing as they are available everywhere now. They took the giftcards because at least this way they got something. People were scared of not receiving nothing for their hard work that is why.

Don't you have a site called giftcards? Why offer giftcards tothem, when they could of just joined that site and got 1 for less refs.

[/quotebef73e2067]

We have every right to change our Terms and Conditions - especially if it is done to protect our business. If you don't like it, then why did you agree to them in the first place?[/quotebef73e2067]

I agreed to them because back then I was NOOB and stupid enough to join your network.... Now I know better.

Jake

23-05-2006 05:55:17

[quotefd42776c4f="Commander"]
Not everything mate, but this one knows enough.
[/quotefd42776c4f]

You aren't demonstrating any knowledge. You are levelling accusations without reading what I do around here to try and help people first.

How does the 2nd may, 3rd may, 5th may, 9th may and the 16th may sound. Can also add today after I finish this.
[/quotefd42776c4f]

Then why don't you contact me to ask? I am here to help people too...

Read above. Sure you do lol.
[/quotefd42776c4f]

You aren't the one in our system working on it everyday.

If you say so. That's why so many are complaining.
[/quotefd42776c4f]

Because there are a lot to be done. It doesn't happen in five minutes.

LOL. This shouldn't have slowed down in the 1st place. Beginning?? It shoul;dn't of stopped either.
[/quotefd42776c4f]

Well, it happens. We are doing what we can to fix it. You aren't helping.

I am pretty sure people would like the XBOX seing as they are available everywhere now. They took the giftcards because at least this way they got something. People were scared of not receiving nothing for their hard work that is why.
[/quotefd42776c4f]

The widespread availability of these units is a recent phenomenon. They only now started appearing in sales lists for smaller resellers such as the people that we deal with. I know people in the video game industry who haven't been able to get them until the past two weeks or so.

Don't you have a site called giftcards? Why offer giftcards tothem, when they could of just joined that site and got 1 for less refs.
[/quotefd42776c4f]

Irrelevant.

I agreed to them because back then I was NOOB and stupid enough to join your network.... Now I know better.[/quotefd42776c4f]

Then why are you still here?

Commander

23-05-2006 07:10:59

I am still here because I am pursuing sites that actually send out free gifts in an acceptable timeframe.

Also Jake, my comments are not aimed peosonally at YOU, but at freepay as a whole. I know you do a lot here and on a4f, keeping people updated and helping out. I wish no animosity between us I was just adding my 2 cents which IS allowed.

[quote0f50fab0f4]Then why don't you contact me to ask? I am here to help people too...[/quote0f50fab0f4]

Fair comment. But no offence if I wasn't a member on here then what?

[quote0f50fab0f4]Because there are a lot to be done. It doesn't happen in five minutes. [/quote0f50fab0f4]

As for this all I can say is, if there are that many, close your sites for a week, get up to date man. No but you still continue, hence digging the hole bigeer for yoursleves and infuriating new and older customers even more because you just make a bigger back log. (again not aimed at you)

[quote0f50fab0f4]Well, it happens. We are doing what we can to fix it. You aren't helping.[/quote0f50fab0f4]

I know I am not helping. If I was I would try my hardest to get the customers their Xbox's, even if it meant getting them from ebay, which, if I may add, have been on there for months!

[quote0f50fab0f4]The widespread availability of these units is a recent phenomenon. They only now started appearing in sales lists for smaller resellers such as the people that we deal with. I know people in the video game industry who haven't been able to get them until the past two weeks or so.[/quote0f50fab0f4]

If your getting them from a corner shop then I would agree. Now seeing as everyone has them are the units gonna start getting shipped then? But seriosuly, you trying to say you have not been able to get hold of 1 xbox 360 for 6 months?? Come on man.

Jake

23-05-2006 07:24:17

[quote9b8b6f6404="Commander"]
Fair comment. But no offence if I wasn't a member on here then what?
[/quote9b8b6f6404]

I get random emails from people who find my email address and so do my coworkers. Where there is a will, there is a way.

As for this all I can say is, if there are that many, close your sites for a week, get up to date man. No but you still continue, hence digging the hole bigeer for yoursleves and infuriating new and older customers even more because you just make a bigger back log. (again not aimed at you)
[/quote9b8b6f6404]

We don't get thousands of approval requests a week so it wouldn't put enough of a dent in it anyway.If we shut down for a week, can you imagine what would happen with our customers? People would lose their minds over it. Not a good idea, IMHO.

I know I am not helping. If I was I would try my hardest to get the customers their Xbox's, even if it meant getting them from ebay, which, if I may add, have been on there for months!
[/quote9b8b6f6404]

At inflated prices....we did offer an alternative to the actual units which a lot of people were willing to take. That was the best that could be done. Alan from Trainn found a reliable supplier and that is good for him. We were not so lucky.

If your getting them from a corner shop then I would agree. Now seeing as everyone has them are the units gonna start getting shipped then? But seriosuly, you trying to say you have not been able to get hold of 1 xbox 360 for 6 months?? Come on man.[/quote9b8b6f6404]

That is a fact. There have been hardly an X Box 360s around - sure they were on eBay but not in lots of 10 or 100. Maybe a few singles at exorbitant prices but not anything substantial enough to make a dent in our orders.

As of now, we are working on getting these 360s. We have been told that they are available but I am not saying anything about an order coming in until I hear that we are guaranteed the shipment.

They are available but their appearance en masse is a recent development.

There is hope though.

mindseye1

23-05-2006 10:07:55

I'm not sure if this applies or not, but I'm pretty sure most people, including me, are going to be done with FreePay as a company in a matter of days. And not even by our own choice. Whether or not we like FreePay, whether or not we think they are going to start making a comeback, we can no longer do business with FreePay because of the 90 day deadline. In my case, I've done referral trading for a lot of my offers, so there are a lot of FreePay sites I am a member of that I will now never be able to complete. I guess this doesn't apply if you are a newbie, or if perhaps they start new sites, but I think it does apply for quite a majority. I am completely neutral towards FreePay in this situation, but as of May 30th I will no longer be one of their customers, and not by my own choice. It was a very nice run though, I'm happy with my iPod! So thanks FreePay! That will sure be an interesting day over at the FreePay headquarters!