Discuss Freepay's PS3 situation here

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39083

Menotti

12-05-2006 12:42:19

Master post updated 12/20/06 - 600PM EST[/colora1dbf98559]

(thanks for the template Fugger)

If you have a complaint, issue, are looking for information, want to discuss, argue, flame or any other reason for posting about Freepay and the PS3s, post it here.

I will do my best to update the main thread with more information as it becomes available.

[ua1dbf98559]Here is what we know, in short[/ua1dbf98559]

[ba1dbf98559]On Mon May 15, 2006 , Jake wrote[/ba1dbf98559]
[quotea1dbf98559]I just came back from my meeting and this is the information that was conveyed to me

Those of you who have already been approved for the PS3 will not need to garner additional referrals. Your orders are still in the system and will remain there until the units become available at which time you will be able to place orders without the need for four additional referrals.

Cheers. )[/quotea1dbf98559]

[ba1dbf98559]On Thu May 18, 2006 508 pm, Jake wrote[/ba1dbf98559]
[quotea1dbf98559]I was told this today

Anyone who has placed an order or [ia1dbf98559]sent in an approval form before the change[/ia1dbf98559] does not have to abide by the 12 referral rule.[/quotea1dbf98559]

[ba1dbf98559]Freepay is giving us the lower end PS3[/ba1dbf98559]
(from the FP site)
li Release date scheduled for 11/17/2006
li Powered by new "Cell" processor
li RSX™ GPU
li 20GB Hard Drive
li 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256 MB GDDR3 VRAM
li Graphics support for movie-quality images in realtime
li Uses "Blu-ray" format game media
li Integrated ethernet
li Backwards-compatible with PS2 games

[ba1dbf98559]Differences between the lower end (what Freepay is giving us) and the more expensive model[/ba1dbf98559]
$499 (Freepay) = 20gig HDD, no multi card reader, no WiFi

$599 = 60gig HDD, multi card reader, WiFi, chrome "PLAYSTATION 3" lettering.

[ba1dbf98559]The PS3 now requires 12 referrals[/ba1dbf98559]
However, you will not be required to gather additional referrals if
- You have already been approved.
- You have already placed your order.
- You sent in your approval form [ia1dbf98559]prior to[/ia1dbf98559] the change to 12 referrals from 8.

[ba1dbf98559]There is not yet any news about an extension of the 5/30 deadline.[/ba1dbf98559]

[ba1dbf98559]What about a gift card option?[/ba1dbf98559]
This is what CS had to say about it
[quotea1dbf98559]Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service. As you probably know, Sony has drastically cut back their production of the Play Station 3 (PS3) worldwide. We have been in contact with electronics distributors over the past months seeking PS3 units on behalf of our customers. Unfortunately, just like many of you die-hard gamers out there, due to the lack of PS3s released to the US market by Sony we have been unable to obtain the PS3. We have received inquiries regarding the possibility of receiving a gift card in place of a PS3. At this moment we are not offering such option as Sony is expected to release more units during the Holiday season. Rest assured that FreePay will continue to monitor this situation while providing quality products and top of the line customer service. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team[/quotea1dbf98559]

ThreatNet

12-05-2006 12:45:07

It's fucking bullshit no wonder i just got approved

johnjimjones

12-05-2006 12:58:59

I don't mind the referrals being raised but the goddamn timelimit til 5/30
I can't get 4 referrals in a week.

egyptianruin

12-05-2006 13:00:25

I know, let alone have them approved. It would prolly take at least 15 business days for that and we don't have that.

mrmworth

12-05-2006 13:06:06

damn so not only did freepay screw over the ps3 people who got approved already, but it also screwed over people waiting for approval on other sites.

by this i mean they wasted their time approving accounts that will need to go through the approval process again. they could have been approving people on sites who (hopefully) won't have a change in referral requirements.

i really didn't buy into freepay approving the ps3 accounts, there have been a lot of approvals lately. i saw that as their way of trying to get good p.r. on forums as a sign of them approving accounts. all the while, they knew they wouldn't have to shell out any money until the end of the year when ps3 comes out, if not next year if the supply is as limited as the xbox360.

best of luck to everyone who did the ps3 site. i'm still waiting on xbox360 and macmini.

justinag06

12-05-2006 13:25:37

wow they just magaged to save themselves the trouble of shipping a single ps3

I was 1 away on this and of course planned to complete

has to be some kind of time limit they can do

ILoveToys

12-05-2006 13:29:21

I wonder if this had anything to do w/ their test email that Jake claims was only a glitch.....Everytime Jake says that it seems to precede a major change that causes uproar in these forums.....

xDarKnighTx

12-05-2006 15:17:14

its too close to our ending date to change the referral policy. i think they should either give us more time, or give us a $350 gift card to EB games or something, even though it still doesn't cover the PS3 price.

supafreak00

12-05-2006 15:30:50

I opened a ticket as well. I've moved since I placed my order & it said a new order would have to be placed in order to have it ship to my new address / Plus its impossible to get 4 more refs in 2 weeks and get them approved. I asked about an alternative option.

Narakukuku

12-05-2006 16:25:56

Instead of scrambling to get 4 extra referrals I would rather them give us a ~$300 gift card as well. I understand the price of the ps3 is higher than was expected but considdering the minimum price tag, 10 offers is fair. Getting 2 more offers wouldn't be so bad.

mpbollywoodking

12-05-2006 16:35:56

this is UNCOOL. Plus, they haven't changed their time limit??????????

THIS IS UNFAIR

24fan24

12-05-2006 17:04:56

Freepay was demoted to Grade D on A4F. May I add that they are the only site in that category.

i blame history

12-05-2006 17:07:41

well, i am done with freepay. i placed my order on january 18th or something. freepay will not get another penny from me or any referrals.

edit.
okay.
i just checked my site, and now i am just confused. when i look at my order history, my order is still there, still says processing. and yes my account also says i need 3 more referrals (i had 9/8). so i have both a processing order AND a need for 3 more referrals.... i know what the answer will be, but why does it still say my order is processing unless i am in the clear?

Menotti

12-05-2006 17:23:57

[quoted4a059c0f5="i blame history"]well, i am done with freepay. i placed my order on january 18th or something. freepay will not get another penny from me or any referrals.

edit.
okay.
i just checked my site, and now i am just confused. when i look at my order history, my order is still there, still says processing. and yes my account also says i need 3 more referrals (i had 9/8). so i have both a processing order AND a need for 3 more referrals.... i know what the answer will be, but why does it still say my order is processing unless i am in the clear?[/quoted4a059c0f5]

Yeah, seems like everyone is seeing that over on A4F.

Menotti

12-05-2006 17:40:14

So many people are going to scramble for those 4 extra refs on the small chance they will get the item. Hell, I may even do that.

I'm just worried that 4 extra refs times however many people = lots more money for FP. Now, they can either use the extra income to send out the items they've promised repeatedly, or they will sit on it for an indeterminable amount of time.

We all hope to hear something Monday but, seriously, how often has anything we've been told in the last 3 or 4 months actually been true?

There will be people here that will say we are being too hard on FP and should stop complaining, etc etc, but when you look at their recent rep, these complaints are not unfounded.

I'm going to borrow some info from posts on A4F

[b90011d81e1](about reasons they should be demoted on the A4F forums. They've since been demoted to "D" status)[/b90011d81e1]
[quote90011d81e1]Six months after the xbox360 release date, and not a single unit shipped?

A FIFTY PERCENT increase in the amount of referrals necessary for a PS3? (you're dreaming if you think they'll ship a single PS3 by the way)

The 90 day limit?

Mailing in approval forms?

The terrible grammar used in their canned, useless, non-helpful, monkey-like customer service response?

The largest intentional sale of user information in the history of the internet?

If this had been ANY other network, they'd be moved to the scams section, you know that's the truth.[/quote90011d81e1]

and

[quote90011d81e1]
Was it the fact that the Xbox 360 has been out now for 6 months and they still have not shipped a single one?

Was it the fact that you only have 90 days to finish your account and must mail in the approval form?

Was it the fact that Freepay has not accepted many of the approval forms after USPS has tried to deliver them?

Was it the fact that approval forms that Freepay decides to accept just sit in a room somewhere for a month or longer until they decide to approve a few accounts?

Was it the fact that Freepay takes FOREVER to ship out?

Was it the fact that Freepay's customer service is almost always of ZERO help and has the spelling and grammar of a 5 year old?

Was it the fact that Freepay failed to deliver on most of its promises?

Was it the fact that Freepay sold your info to 3rd party advertisers thereby breaking its own TOS?

Or maybe it was the fact that Freepay has flat out lied multiple times to its users.[/quote90011d81e1]

My biggest issue right now - and it's hard to pick just one - is the absolutely horrendous customer service / relationship that they have. They up the refs needed by 4 on the PS3 site and [b90011d81e1]don't send a notification to its users.[/b90011d81e1]

Until I am shown otherwise, I'm done with them and are pretty much considering them dead in the water. If they were having legitimate problems, they should know enough to keep their customers in the loop. At this point, I am just pretty disgusted about how they operate.

i blame history

12-05-2006 17:46:21

[quotec113163b06="Menotti"][quotec113163b06="i blame history"]well, i am done with freepay. i placed my order on january 18th or something. freepay will not get another penny from me or any referrals.

edit.
okay.
i just checked my site, and now i am just confused. when i look at my order history, my order is still there, still says processing. and yes my account also says i need 3 more referrals (i had 9/8). so i have both a processing order AND a need for 3 more referrals.... i know what the answer will be, but why does it still say my order is processing unless i am in the clear?[/quotec113163b06]

Yeah, seems like everyone is seeing that over on A4F.[/quotec113163b06]

i just looked over there... had not visited in a while. its really up to freepay on this one. if they want to keep some loyal customers, i am sure they know what to do (grandfather people in, give giftcards etc). if not, i am not going to freak out, i will just simply quit. i am not going to run around like an idiot trying to get 3 more referrals in 18 days, where about two of which are almost guaranteed to need to request manual credit, which will have to be waited for for 15 days. and we all know that manual credit will not happen in 3 days, nor would it happen in time to overnight an approval form to them and have it approved by the deadline. translation getting more referrals iand completeing the account is almost completely impossible.
i have hardly complained about freepay. i never even asked jake for a giftcard in place of an xbox in order to keep from being a bother. this kind of takes the cake, though. i will just wait until monday to see if anything is said, but i stand by my thought that getting more referrals and completing everything is probably not possible due to the length of time. if credit was instant and they needed no approval form and they approved accounts quickly, it may not be as hard. but it sure does seem strange that they waited until now to make these changes, just in time for everyone to take a weekend break from monitoring sites and come back to realize that there is not enough time to do what they need to do. how very nice.

egyptianruin

12-05-2006 19:00:40

[quote28a8be18dd="i blame history"]well, i am done with freepay. i placed my order on january 18th or something. freepay will not get another penny from me or any referrals.

edit.
okay.
i just checked my site, and now i am just confused. when i look at my order history, my order is still there, still says processing. and yes my account also says i need 3 more referrals (i had 9/8). so i have both a processing order AND a need for 3 more referrals.... i know what the answer will be, but why does it still say my order is processing unless i am in the clear?[/quote28a8be18dd]

Same boat as you, need 3 more but still in processing. We might be grandfathered in, or they just want to wait til Monday to take away processing.

jeff7602

12-05-2006 19:49:44

hmmmm.......I wonder why Jake stayed away from the forum today??

egyptianruin

12-05-2006 19:50:55

[quote3734e0486d="jeff7602"]hmmmm.......I wonder why Jake stayed away from the forum today??[/quote3734e0486d]

Maybe his conscious got to him and he quit lol

MakeDamnSureTBS

12-05-2006 20:33:38

[quotedcf37bbd02="egyptianruin"][quotedcf37bbd02="jeff7602"]hmmmm.......I wonder why Jake stayed away from the forum today??[/quotedcf37bbd02]

Maybe his conscious got to him and he quit lol[/quotedcf37bbd02]LOL probably

jy3

12-05-2006 20:58:23

wow, just got back from a concert and I am .... confused.
I am going to say it
[bd2968adff9] WHAT THE FUCK?[/bd2968adff9]
ok, end expletives.

this will not fly. There is no way, and dont point out their TOS, that this can possibly be upheld for those whose time limit ends on 5/31 or anyone else who sent in approval.
this is bait and switch, plain and simple.
My order is still processing but as everyone else it says I need 4 more refs. I could have EASILY gotten 4 more refs 5 weeks ago. but instead they took their sweetass time approving me and then turn this bullshit. IF this ends up being the case and they do not offer a giftcard or paypal instead and just say you are all screwed there will be a lawsuit filed.
ok, so enough running my mouth without knowing what is truly going on.
jake?

jy3

12-05-2006 21:03:54

one more thing. what about people who were approved and now are on vacation. that would suck.
also, my order still says processing
i opened a ticket...
ps
i think that the number of approved orders for ps3 will likely be low. with this in mind I bet that the code for the ps3 site was changed universally and this is why our processing orders say we need more refs. I doubt they will screw us like we are forcasting...i am too much of a half-full kinda guy i guess..

RoBsTaMaCk

12-05-2006 21:04:17

You all need to calm down. Are you sure that your order actually got cancelled? On the top right go under "Account" and then click "View Order History". My "status" and "refer friends" pages indicate I need more referrals but my order is still in place on the orders page.

The "status" and "refer friends" pages are probably dynamic pages that display information based on the number of referrals you have. Just because you're seeing that message doesn't necessarily mean your order is cancelled. Instead, it just means that their system probably checks to see if you have the minimum number of greens, then checks to see whether or not you have been approved. Since everyone who was approved most likely has less than 12 refs, it is going to display the "need more refs" message.

My suggestion quit freaking out. If your order is still processing then you probably have nothing to worry about.

jy3

12-05-2006 21:06:11

rob, i calmed down after my kitten was too cute on my lab for me to be mad. see my edited post above yours that echoes your thoughts )

RoBsTaMaCk

12-05-2006 21:08:58

)
And while I'm thinking about it, why is it that the PCS.Freepay site is only 10 refs (and they are shipping $500+ systems) and PS3s.Freepay is 12 refs and they are only giving the $499 system?

jy3

12-05-2006 21:17:46

alrighty, some people like pictures.
you are welcome to use my screen shots as examples of what some of our accounts look like now
http//www.geocities.com/john_yowpa_iii/8of12.jpg[" alt=""/img3d1fef7107]
[img="3d1fef7107]http//www.geocities.com/john_yowpa_iii/order.jpg[" alt=""/img3d1fef7107]
[img="3d1fef7107]http//www.geocities.com/john_yowpa_iii/statuss.jpg[" alt=""/img3d1fef7107]

jeff7602

12-05-2006 21:54:23

Another glass half-full thought...maybe they were doing the ps3 approvals first so they could implement the new referal amount with no one in the approval stage. All the people who made orders are okay and all the people that have not finished now have to do 12. Cause it seems that they were approving ps3s at a rate that is inconsistent with all their other sites...this would explain that. Something tells me this is just wishful thinking, but who knows.

Menotti

12-05-2006 23:28:12

[quotef6437b292b="RoBsTaMaCk"]
My suggestion quit freaking out. If your order is still processing then you probably have nothing to worry about.[/quotef6437b292b]

I think people are more worried because Jake didn't show up on the forums today when the site changed all of a sudden. Also, if they knew the site might look like this (show that we need more referrals even though our order is already processing), you'd think they say something about it.

Oh wait, it's FP. They never really inform us of anything.

coolbreeze06

13-05-2006 01:15:58

is anybody getting the extra 4 greens just to be safe even though their account still says "processing"?

pochacco

13-05-2006 03:19:32

I wished I got 4 extra refs ( I only got 1 extra ref during the approval stage... now I need 3 more ( I wish they told me earlier cuz after I got approved I traded all my friend's ps3 refs. (

mpbollywoodking

13-05-2006 04:17:32

All i need is two more greens, and my order is still in place. I mean, if the low end PS3 is $499, doesn't 10 referrals cover that????

10 referrals li 50 bucks = $500

Maybe the 12 referrals is to get the bigger end of the PS3, the $599, which makes more sense, considering the xbox360 they are offering is the bigger 360 than the regular

Do I hear the phrase "BACKORDERED" coming into play?

mpbollywoodking

13-05-2006 08:16:04

You know guys, the OfferCentric site is offering the PS3 with the 60GB version for 10 referrals?????????????

What is up with Freepay???????????????????

Menotti

13-05-2006 08:54:27

[quote400fb5f96e="mpbollywoodking"]What is up with Freepay???????????????????[/quote400fb5f96e]

That is the ultimate question of the last few months ?

Narakukuku

13-05-2006 09:35:04

What's up with freepay?
As of now they stink.
I hope there is some sort of good news for us on Monday. And you know, considering that they would take 6+ months to ship out the ps3s anyway maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.
Really, that they had the gumption to pull something like this? Their days are numbered. The freebie universe is slowly imploding anyway.

ThreatNet

13-05-2006 14:37:18

I just think the end of freepay is coming..

dmorris68

13-05-2006 14:45:42

[quote951db1f1ac="mpbollywoodking"]You know guys, the OfferCentric site is offering the PS3 with the 60GB version for 10 referrals?????????????

What is up with Freepay???????????????????[/quote951db1f1ac]
Don't know what's up with Freepay, but just remember that with OC there are usually OOD's on the last few refs of a big item. So it may be only 10 refs, but if 2-3 are OOD's then that's a lot...

Hence the reason I don't even try to complete OC sites. I'll green on a regular OC offer for somebody in trade, but have no desire to pursue an OC site myself, only to hit the OOD wall on my last ref or two.

tylerc

13-05-2006 15:16:51

What a bunch of bullshit, glad I stopped doing FreePay sites after I got my PSP (just before the approval form).

Rewman

13-05-2006 15:29:29

damn I'm sitting....waiting....for my PSP....6 of 5 referrals...finished the site mid march....still waiting....

wow

If I were you guys.....man I'd be so pissed.

Take this as an opporunity to switch to Trainn, god I used to be such a freepay fan, but when a company treats you like crap...

Trainn + UCHalf (PS3, 360, nano, ipod, lcd) = <3

Good luck guys, hope everything works out...man 4 refs in like 2 weeks...

Menotti

13-05-2006 17:14:05

yea Trainn > FP by a longshot right now. Their customer service is SUPERB.

jy3

13-05-2006 18:09:41

trainn is better than freepay for sure. I highly doubt they will make those of us who are approved get more refs. if so there likely will be repercussions. (i cant spell)

ThreatNet

13-05-2006 21:04:07

[quote7e142c80d2="jy3"]trainn is better than freepay for sure. I highly doubt they will make those of us who are approved get more refs. if so there likely will be repercussions. (i cant spell)[/quote7e142c80d2]

hopefully! we can only pray..

Menotti

13-05-2006 22:12:54

[quoteb96dcd5451="jy3"]trainn is better than freepay for sure. I highly doubt they will make those of us who are approved get more refs. if so there likely will be repercussions. (i cant spell)[/quoteb96dcd5451]

The fact that there was no official notification on Friday, I'm not keeping my hopes up for them to take such action.

jy3

14-05-2006 05:07:02

oh sorry for the confusion, what I meant was this

trainn is way better than freepay for sure.
I highly doubt (freepay) will make those of us who are approved get more refs.
If so there will likely be repercussions (from the users NOT freepay)

ThreatNet

14-05-2006 05:26:49

I know ^^ what you said was clear -D

mpbollywoodking

14-05-2006 11:19:49

I need to know ASAP whether i need extra referrals..........

My account is approved and I have my order for the PS3 in place. Don't want to waste referrals on the site if it's not necessary, a response from Jake is appreciated

LucaBella

14-05-2006 12:23:28

Bottom line, those of us that were approved previously, we DEFINITELY need more refs?

if anyone knows for sure, PM my sweet ass!

mpbollywoodking

14-05-2006 13:02:02

nobody knows. How many referrals is needed for the XBOX360? is it still 8?

If not, and it's more than 8, than in that situation, we don't need anymore PS3 referrals if we are already approved.

ThreatNet

14-05-2006 13:36:53

Everyone pm jake..

Menotti

14-05-2006 14:56:30

[quote18e94250ca="ThreatNet"]Everyone pm jake..[/quote18e94250ca]

That won't do anything right now. I assume that he will post something tomorrow. No way he will answer stuff on Sunday.

coolbreeze06

14-05-2006 15:08:29

1st off dont pester Jake....He will give us info when he has it
2nd....I went adhead and got the extra refs.....you cant wait if you want, but I rater say I wasted a little extra time getting a couple refs I didn't need than I wasted A LOT of time getting 8 refs for nothing...time is ticking and in a week everybody is going to be clamoring to get refs at the same time which will make them even harder to come by

good luck and God's speed people...

jy3

14-05-2006 15:23:36

yeah, i am not going to be getting more refs. I completed the site according to the TOS and was approved. it is illegal for them to then require me to get more refs if they choose to do so. we shall see )

mpbollywoodking

14-05-2006 15:51:30

see, it's reasonable enough to understand the increase in referrals, but 12 referrals is enough to cover the cost for the 599 dollar version of the PS3, the 60gb system.

Berky34

14-05-2006 15:55:25

[quotedffee55605="jy3"]yeah, i am not going to be getting more refs. I completed the site according to the TOS and was approved. it is illegal for them to then require me to get more refs if they choose to do so. we shall see )[/quotedffee55605]

Gratis Internet, Inc ("Gratis Internet") reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change its Terms & Conditions at any time, for any reason, without notice. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change the methods through which free items are earned. This may include, but is not limited to, increasing the number of friends you have to refer or adding more steps to confirm that you have a legitimate account. We may also add or remove any product listed as an incentive at any time. If we replace a product, the new product may not be of equal value. We also reserve the right to discontinue any of our websites at any time without notice or reason. In the event that we discontinue one or more of our websites, we will make every reasonable effort to provide our users with sufficient advance notice. Please check these Terms of Use periodically for changes. Your use of the Site following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms of Use as modified. The last date these Terms of Use were revised is set forth below. If you breach any of these Terms of Use your right to use this Site will terminate automatically.

Nope looks like it's not illegal, good luck though. Even if you get your 4 more refs good luck ever getting that ps3.

jy3

14-05-2006 20:11:59

[quote3f9b369e4d="Berky34"][quote3f9b369e4d="jy3"]yeah, i am not going to be getting more refs. I completed the site according to the TOS and was approved. it is illegal for them to then require me to get more refs if they choose to do so. we shall see )[/quote3f9b369e4d]

Gratis Internet, Inc ("Gratis Internet") reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change its Terms & Conditions at any time, for any reason, without notice. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change the methods through which free items are earned. This may include, but is not limited to, increasing the number of friends you have to refer or adding more steps to confirm that you have a legitimate account. We may also add or remove any product listed as an incentive at any time. If we replace a product, the new product may not be of equal value. We also reserve the right to discontinue any of our websites at any time without notice or reason. In the event that we discontinue one or more of our websites, we will make every reasonable effort to provide our users with sufficient advance notice. Please check these Terms of Use periodically for changes. Your use of the Site following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms of Use as modified. The last date these Terms of Use were revised is set forth below. If you breach any of these Terms of Use your right to use this Site will terminate automatically.

Nope looks like it's not illegal, good luck though. Even if you get your 4 more refs good luck ever getting that ps3.[/quote3f9b369e4d]

TOS that are unreasonable or thought to not be within what is deemed fair trade are NOT upholdable in court. if freepay were to on 5/30/06 decide to raise the refs needed for all their sites by 3 greens, would that cause the courts to go after freepay? for sure.
I am not a letigenous person at all, just saying that such a large company doing things like this to people will likely end up biting them in the ass in the legal system.

Jake

15-05-2006 07:22:39

I am having a meeting later this afternoon in which I will be able to ask some questions about this change.

I was not in the office on Friday so this is news to me.

mpbollywoodking

15-05-2006 07:51:53

thanks for the reply. I think everybody wants this answer to this question

If we were previously/recently approved for the PS3, are we required to get extra referrals?

Menotti

15-05-2006 08:15:10

[quoteb7cde6e71b="mpbollywoodking"]thanks for the reply. I think everybody wants this answer to this question

If we were previously/recently approved for the PS3, are we required to get extra referrals?[/quoteb7cde6e71b]

Yeah, that is pretty much the lead question.

And, if we are required to get the extra ones, we want more time to do it.

mpbollywoodking

15-05-2006 08:42:01

yes, that is a definate, more time for this late update to the site.

egyptianruin

15-05-2006 08:48:12

Knowing how Jake's superiors answer questions we will most likely be told answers are coming... then on May 29, 2006 will be told that we have to get more referrals before the deadline, approved or not.

IMO This is ridiculous. They change the amount of refs less than 15 business days before the deadline...refs may not even go green in that time...and to top it off they don't tell anyone, so those who don't read these forums and were already approved probably have no idea. I feel sorry for the people who haven't been approved but sent in their form - at least the people in processing have some hope in this situation.

This is poor business, plain and simple.

mpbollywoodking

15-05-2006 08:51:40

what i don't get is that the 20gb PS3 cost $499, that is 10 referrals. 10 li $50+ = $500+

So, why 12 referrals? 12 referrals can cover the cost for the 60GB Version of the PS3

egyptianruin

15-05-2006 08:53:31

[quote102bdaf854="mpbollywoodking"]what i don't get is that the 20gb PS3 cost $499, that is 10 referrals. 10 li $50+ = $500+

So, why 12 referrals? 12 referrals can cover the cost for the 60GB Version of the PS3[/quote102bdaf854]

Because it's either a typo or the owners of Gratis Internet are a pair of the greediest bastards on the east coast. I say it's the second...

EDIT BTW Jake tell your bosses that the picture is wrong for the PS3 that the controller no longer looks liek a boomerang. They can change the refs in a hurry but God forbid they change anything else...

Menotti

15-05-2006 09:20:51

[quotea7cf851295="egyptianruin"]I feel sorry for the people who haven't been approved but sent in their form - at least the people in processing have some hope in this situation.[/quotea7cf851295]

That is one of my biggest gripes with these guys. They make changes and inform no one. You'd think that with such a significant change, people would get email notifications or something.

If I was not a reader of these forums, I'd be screwed.

Menotti

15-05-2006 12:35:30

Main post upated.

jy3

15-05-2006 14:25:01

sweet news from jake today )

Wolfeman

15-05-2006 14:29:50

I stickied this so people don't start 1000 PS3 threads...

Menotti

15-05-2006 15:46:42

[quote0bb88d9d01="Wolfeman"]I stickied this so people don't start 1000 PS3 threads...[/quote0bb88d9d01]

Thanks Wolfeman

mpbollywoodking

15-05-2006 18:13:52

anybody dare to cancel their order and see what happens

Menotti

15-05-2006 20:08:05

[quoted2cd361e97="mpbollywoodking"]anybody dare to cancel their order and see what happens[/quoted2cd361e97]

haha no effin way.

I'm actually pretty concerned about people who sent in their approval forms a month ago and now are required to get 12 referrals. An explanation about that would be appreciated.

mpbollywoodking

16-05-2006 08:28:37

Will Freepay offer the better version of the PS3 and allow users to get more referrals. Or i rather get the giftcard if possible, because the 60gb version looks better in quality and quanity

anybody care to list the primary difference in this thread and whether the lower end PS3 that Freepay is offering is kinda dull?

Menotti

16-05-2006 09:19:58

[quote0f3f649ab5="mpbollywoodking"]anybody care to list the primary difference in this thread and whether the lower end PS3 that Freepay is offering is kinda dull?[/quote0f3f649ab5]

Updated in the lead post.

darthhaider

17-05-2006 07:30:38

Hey everyone.

I had gotten enough greens for the original PS3 offer, and sent my form in on April 28. It wasn't approved prior to the referral change. I have since been told that because I hadn't been approved, I DO have to get the additional referrals.

So, if you haven't gotten your new ones yet, get them! The clock is ticking!

Berky34

17-05-2006 13:39:04

[quoted1d539140a="darthhaider"]Hey everyone.

I had gotten enough greens for the original PS3 offer, and sent my form in on April 28. It wasn't approved prior to the referral change. I have since been told that because I hadn't been approved, I DO have to get the additional referrals.

So, if you haven't gotten your new ones yet, get them! The clock is ticking![/quoted1d539140a]
thats such bs man. eff this, freepay will probably be closed down by then. im not getting my referrals... they have shipped basically nothing from when they changed terms

mpbollywoodking

17-05-2006 13:44:29

actually, i recieved a Video iPOD from them recently

mpbollywoodking

17-05-2006 13:47:18

I really want the 60GB PS3, not the 20GB one.

but, what is wierd is that the 12 referrals cover the cost for the 60gb version, so..................

Berky34

17-05-2006 14:01:37

[quote0e74713d14="mpbollywoodking"]actually, i recieved a Video iPod from them recently[/quote0e74713d14]
orly? cuz ive been STV for a month on giftcards...

mpbollywoodking

18-05-2006 14:13:10

THE FIRST POST SHOULD BE UPDATED

From Jake
[quotea6ce25f4fe] was told this today

Anyone who has placed an order or [ba6ce25f4fe][ia6ce25f4fe]sent in an approval form [/ia6ce25f4fe][/ba6ce25f4fe]before the change does not have to abide by the 12 referral rule.
[/quotea6ce25f4fe]

Menotti

18-05-2006 15:00:06

[quoted547cd1aaf="mpbollywoodking"]THE FIRST POST SHOULD BE UPDATED

From Jake
[quoted547cd1aaf] was told this today

Anyone who has placed an order or [bd547cd1aaf][id547cd1aaf]sent in an approval form [/id547cd1aaf][/bd547cd1aaf]before the change does not have to abide by the 12 referral rule.
[/quoted547cd1aaf][/quoted547cd1aaf]

updated.

mpbollywoodking

21-05-2006 08:52:39

If i ever get the PS3 20GB version, would i be able to say take it to BestBuy and exchange it for the 60GB version and pay the difference??

Menotti

21-05-2006 10:50:56

[quote46ef2a6326="mpbollywoodking"]If i ever get the PS3 20GB version, would i be able to say take it to BestBuy and exchange it for the 60GB version and pay the difference??[/quote46ef2a6326]

You probably could sell it on eBay and then just go buy the bigger one. This is assuming we get it before its value drops below the MSRP lol

JerriBlank

21-05-2006 18:04:29

Freepay made a big mistake by opening a PS3 site before they knew what it was going to cost. There was almost no way for that to end well.

Question those of you who were using $50 per referral as a figure - where does that come from? I didn't think we knew how much Freepay gets paid.

jb

massman

22-05-2006 15:07:15

So, I don't get it. I made my order a long time ago, was approved, went to backorder/processing over and over again.

Now I need to get 4 more green's to get my gift? All before 5/30 (that's what my time frame is up)

so am I just F'ed in the A?

massman

22-05-2006 15:13:32

whoops, nevermind - got a response back from customer service saying "5/22/2006 45408 PM
customer service wrote
Due to you have already been approved for the ps3, you will not have
to get any additional referrals. You can monitor your order (XXXXXX)
on "Account" page. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may
cause. Thank you for contacting us."

Just for a point of reference, I placed my order on 1/21/06 and never had to send in my approval forms.

Berky34

22-05-2006 15:19:33

lol how would that cause an inconvenience?

egyptianruin

22-05-2006 19:13:34

maybe they should be could have caused you instead. But hey maybe FreePay is preparing for something down the road and apologizing beforehand, lol.

mpbollywoodking

26-05-2006 09:54:45

anybody noticed the Status change on the PS3 site? People who were approved before the recent increase in Referrals is now have the page where you can go directly to view your status

Menotti

26-05-2006 10:21:14

Yeah I noticed that. It appears that everything is OK (or as OK as it could be) with those of us who completed before the increase.

Berky34

26-05-2006 13:37:27

Here's what mine looks like...
http/" alt=""/img96.imageshack.us/img="96/1817/ps36cm.png[" alt=""/img76f4284d80][=http//imageshack.us][img="76f4284d80]http/" alt=""/img96.imageshack.us/img="96/1817/ps36cm.png[" alt=""/img76f4284d80][/url]

I had a ref get DQ'ed then they initiated the new rules and I had another get DQ'ed and some crediting issues.

ilanbg

30-05-2006 03:40:38

Seems like the deadline fixed our account issues. Thank god.

i blame history

30-05-2006 07:57:32

yeah, my ps3 page once again says i am completed, and my order is still processing. points to freepay for keeping their word on that one.

Sparhawk226

30-05-2006 16:13:22

[quote0eaa747a5a="ilanbg"]Seems like the deadline fixed our account issues. Thank god.[/quote0eaa747a5a]

Well, my site still isn't fixed. Says that I didn't complete the requirements etc. I do have a CS reply saying that I can still get it for the 8 (or 10 in my case) refs. I'll remain patient and hope they will take care of the issue before I have to put in another customer service ticket. C'mon Freepay!

[quote0eaa747a5a="customer service"]After checking, we have received your approval form already, but it has not been processed yet. You do not need to have any additional referrals at the moment. If your account is approved, you will be allowed to place a ps3 order with only 8 referrals. We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience.[/quote0eaa747a5a]

kristylez

01-06-2006 07:42:13

I was 1 referral away from completing before they upped it so 1 referral away went to 5 referrals away and the deadline didn't go any further back.

Gunwave

01-06-2006 18:15:45

[quote482726cd22="i blame history"]yeah, my ps3 page once again says i am completed, and my order is still processing. points to freepay for keeping their word on that one.[/quote482726cd22]

So did mine yesturday.
But, now its back to "Not Completed!"

Is anyone else getting this?

mpbollywoodking

01-06-2006 18:22:37

don't worry about that. Just look at the "Your Next Step" section. That is all you have to look at to see if you are aight.

jy3

04-06-2006 19:09:46

wonder when we will go to stv.

ilanbg

04-06-2006 19:35:24

[quote593da41238="jy3"]wonder when we will go to stv.[/quote593da41238]

Probably after the PS3 comes out.

jy3

04-06-2006 20:11:37

yeah that is what I thought too.

ucool22

07-06-2006 12:54:30

did ppl's status page again went to 12 ref required? cuz mine did

ilanbg

07-06-2006 15:59:45

Same here. My order is still present, however.

Menotti

07-06-2006 19:41:12

Me too. My order is present and processing, but the main page says I'm not completed. Oh the confusion

coolbreeze06

08-06-2006 06:40:20

mine still says completed, but I went and got 12 refs, I wonder if that has anything to do with it

ilanbg

08-06-2006 14:15:24

[quote3e540e79e9="coolbreeze06"]mine still says completed, but I went and got 12 refs, I wonder if that has anything to do with it[/quote3e540e79e9]

Well yeah, obviously.

darthhaider

16-06-2006 06:08:40

Ok, I placed my PS3 order this week

BUT

I don't really want the cheaper version of the system.

How did the Xbox 360 people request gift cards rather than the systems?

I'd rather get the card and put it towards the cost of a high end version at a local store.

massman

16-06-2006 08:48:05

think freepay will learn from previous mistakes and just make a very large pre-prder for those people who already completed their site? or do you think we'll get it 8-9 months after it comes out?

mpbollywoodking

16-06-2006 09:04:26

hopefully they will offer g/c

coolbreeze06

16-06-2006 10:10:23

I think it will be a while...since I want the 60G version I think I will buy that and sell the 20G whenever t arrives. Cant loose that way! Anyone else consider this?

Sparhawk226

16-06-2006 17:25:41

yeah, I think that's probably what a lot of folks are going to do.

johnjimjones

16-06-2006 17:28:30

I really hope they just get ahead and start with the giftcard payout.

jy3

21-06-2006 14:05:32

we still dont know which version they will be giving us either.

Sparhawk226

21-06-2006 14:15:56

We know we will be getting the $500 (as opposed to $600) version. It says on the site "20GB Hard Drive." Thats the size of the HD for the retail $500 model.

mpbollywoodking

27-06-2006 10:56:43

I really want to know what freepay has in store with the PS3 situation? Is it going to be similar to the 360 route in that we will only see progress next year?

Berky34

27-06-2006 11:04:39

[quote7f56c8fc75="mpbollywoodking"]I really want to know what freepay has in store with the PS3 situation? Is it going to be similar to the 360 route in that we will only see progress next year?[/quote7f56c8fc75]
probably, they've just gone down hill

jy3

06-07-2006 10:57:52

[quotef34ff45815="Sparhawk226"]We know we will be getting the $500 (as opposed to $600) version. It says on the site "20GB Hard Drive." Thats the size of the HD for the retail $500 model.[/quotef34ff45815]

yeah, i think they changed the description. a $499 ps3 for 8 refs is a great deal, so I am not complaining

mpbollywoodking

11-08-2006 06:38:18

What is the verdict on the PS3's???? Are we going to get the same situation as with the 360's?

Berky34

11-08-2006 10:14:59

we'd be lucky to ever receive anything from freepay now.

MiamiTJ

28-08-2006 15:48:03

This is a response I got from one of the NP's of freepay -- dont ask for contact info because I wont give it

I asked since I gave them 14 refs if I can get a giftcard ...

[quote369b5c6b08]We don't anticipate releasing PS3 orders until the end of the year. At this time, the option to exchange your PS3 for a gift card is not available to you.[/quote369b5c6b08]

mpbollywoodking

29-08-2006 12:46:42

How important is WiFi and HDMI??

Difference i found online is the difference in look. the top one is the 60gb
http//www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/08/two_ps3s2.jpg[" alt=""/img0e9d364926]

dmorris68

29-08-2006 13:38:42

HDMI is very important to me, WiFi less so, since I'm hardwired for Ethernet at every wall jack. )

I'll definitely be going for the top model, although at this stage I'll probably be buying it rather than getting it freebie style.

Wolfeman

29-08-2006 13:45:21

I'd rather take a giftcard from Freepay because I really don't care about the PS3...

mpbollywoodking

29-08-2006 14:00:48

what is HDMI??? somebody explain

johnjimjones

29-08-2006 15:10:12

Wow the one without the silver looks like shit. I'll jump all over the chance to take the giftcard rather than teh PS3.

dmorris68

29-08-2006 18:37:04

[quote5d1a9773a7="mpbollywoodking"]what is HDMI??? somebody explain[/quote5d1a9773a7]
High Definition Multimedia Interface. It's a digital video interface. Basically DVI with a different connector plus extra conductors for optional audio and HDCP (DRM). All of the latest HDTV's and upconverting DVD players are coming equipped with HDMI.

Gigante

17-09-2006 12:02:04

They probably don't anticipate sending them ever.

johnjimjones

17-09-2006 12:11:12

[quotea45f95c2ec="Gigante"]They probably don't anticipate sending them ever.[/quotea45f95c2ec]

Wouldn't be a surprise to me, but I can see them pulling it off too, over a really long time (like after a PS3 pricedrop).

ilanbg

17-09-2006 13:26:51

Whatever. If it comes, hurrah. If not, I've already written it off as a loss.

michae229

17-09-2006 13:31:19

[quote30e3c0dba7="ilanbg"]Whatever. If it comes, hurrah. If not, I've already written it off as a loss.[/quote30e3c0dba7]

if we dont get it i think we will get something.

J4320

17-09-2006 14:31:46

[quoteebc478669f="ilanbg"]Whatever. If it comes, hurrah. If not, I've already written it off as a loss.[/quoteebc478669f]

Why are you already considering it as a loss? Things are actually looking up for Freepay. They say they are under new management and they are starting to send more and more stuff out.

ilanbg

17-09-2006 15:54:34

Well, I've already written it off as a loss because I wrote it off as a loss when they sucked. I'd rather keep it written off as a loss and be pleasantly surprised if they do send something out than re-write it as a gain, then re-re-write it as a loss later (that would just be humiliating). Plus, the thing won't be released for like another year and a half.

nextlevel

18-09-2006 03:00:33

[quote6ffd19785d="ilanbg"]Well, I've already written it off as a loss because I wrote it off as a loss when they sucked. I'd rather keep it written off as a loss and be pleasantly surprised if they do send something out than re-write it as a gain, then re-re-write it as a loss later (that would just be humiliating).[/quote6ffd19785d]

Same here

massman

20-09-2006 14:20:25

[quoteb4d745257f="ilanbg"]Well, I've already written it off as a loss because I wrote it off as a loss when they sucked. I'd rather keep it written off as a loss and be pleasantly surprised if they do send something out than re-write it as a gain, then re-re-write it as a loss later (that would just be humiliating). Plus, the thing won't be released for like another year and a half.[/quoteb4d745257f]

that makes three of us. I pretty much wrote it off once Jake left the company

but that doesn't mean I'll be happy as all hell if I still get it, gift certs or a cash option!

mpbollywoodking

21-09-2006 09:03:26

with due all honestly. If they can't come up with the PS3's in time, than I think they should send out g/c's.

Wolfeman

21-09-2006 09:59:29

[quotefa5469891a="mpbollywoodking"]with due all honestly. If they can't come up with the PS3's in time, than I think they should send out g/c's.[/quotefa5469891a]
Well considering some of the articles I've seen there are going to be MAJOR shortages so I don't see them coming up with the orders on launch. I'd love another BB giftcard for Christmas time...

michae229

21-09-2006 10:57:19

got an email about Ps3

Dear PS3 Customer,

Please be advised that we have recently made improvements to our website that allows for an “Estimated Ship Date” to appear on your account. Regrettably, your Sony PS3 account was updated to reflect an estimated ship date that is not possible due to the fact that Sony has not released this product yet. Please note, Sony does not anticipate releasing this product until November 17, 2006 in the US and not internationally until 2007. Your account will be updated with a new Estimated Ship Date as soon as the product is made available to us.

We regret the confusion and inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

The FreePay Customer Service Team

so we will have to wait about giftcards

MiamiTJ

21-09-2006 19:07:22

I actually went to "processing" today -- I never thought that would happen ...

Sparhawk226

21-09-2006 19:24:09

Thanks for the update michae! Seems like FP is getting their act together now. =) ..To be honest though, I'd rather get a GC in some ways (namely, I don't particularily want a model w/o HDMI). If FP plays their cards right, they can get a deal with CC or BB and get a bunch of GCs at a discount, which would probably lose them less money than actually sending us the PS3s (unless they could get a bulk order from Sony...doubtful).
Also, congrats on your processing, TJ!

ilanbg

21-09-2006 19:39:45

I would really love to get a GC instead of a PS3; I'm just going to sell the thing anyway.

I somehow doubt they'll do that though, or do anything within the first few months of its release.

darthhaider

24-09-2006 14:58:48

So with the new info that the "cheap" version of the PS3 WILL have HDMI, maybe this version won't be so bad.

Do you think that with the new management at Freepay we might get the chance to get Paypal or giftcards rather than waiting forever for the PS3's to be more readily available?

Sparhawk226

24-09-2006 18:56:55

Hmmm, you're right. I just checked the $ony website, and the only differences between the $500 and $600 models are a) HD sizes (20gb vs 60gb) b) a memory card reader c) wifi capability

Also, the website says that the PS3 can use any 2.5" SATA HD (shocking, coming from $ony). Thus, I figure for backup purposes I'll need more than a 60gb HD anyway. Thanks for letting us know about the change darthhaider!

mpbollywoodking

25-09-2006 10:02:11

[quoteee4d34f1dd="darthhaider"]So with the new info that the "cheap" version of the PS3 WILL have HDMI, maybe this version won't be so bad.

Do you think that with the new management at Freepay we might get the chance to get Paypal or giftcards rather than waiting forever for the PS3's to be more readily available?[/quoteee4d34f1dd]

that is EXCELLENT news. Makes the low-end PS3 more better packaged. But , i do like the silver lining on the HighEnd version
http//i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/mpbolly/untitled.jpg[" alt=""/imgee4d34f1dd]

jy3

27-09-2006 13:52:19

that is excellent news.
i am curious if freepay will let us order gcs. gonna open a ticket and ask )

massman

01-10-2006 11:23:44

already got my ticket answered

9/27/2006 111833 AM
customer service wrote
The availability of the PS3 will determine gift certificates as a redemption option that will be decided closer to the PS3's release.

mpbollywoodking

02-10-2006 11:32:47

Freepay should know that they will never get the PS3 in their hands for a loooooooooooooooonnnnngggggggggggggg time

michae229

02-10-2006 14:17:02

PS3 is gonna kill 360n im backing up all my games and selling them check it out

http//www.psm3mag.com/page/psm3?entry=ps3_power_up_pics_and

coolbreeze06

03-10-2006 11:03:15

[quotec0d236eb63="mpbollywoodking"]Freepay should know that they will never get the PS3 in their hands for a loooooooooooooooonnnnngggggggggggggg time[/quotec0d236eb63]

hopefully we can get some giftcard action!

Menotti

04-10-2006 11:04:59

I would love a giftcard. It'd be so much easier to go out and buy the unit at the store anyway. They should be investigating this option right now.

ilanbg

04-10-2006 13:41:00

They are obviously holding off on paying out for this site as much as they can, so they won't offer a GC until a while after the PS3 has been released. It's easy to make delays because it's limited and no one can bitch about not getting a PS3 from them when Best Buy is sold out as well.

Menotti

05-10-2006 08:29:36

[quote3910fb4d01="ilanbg"]They are obviously holding off on paying out for this site as much as they can, so they won't offer a GC until a while after the PS3 has been released. It's easy to make delays because it's limited and no one can bitch about not getting a PS3 from them when Best Buy is sold out as well.[/quote3910fb4d01]

AKA same thing that happened with the 360s. Hopefully they do it a little better this time around.

Gigante

07-10-2006 22:37:23

I think whatever they do, they will do it in phases because i doubt they have the saved capital to send as many PS3s as they owe at once and still ship other gifts. They will probably make a pre-order zune site and a pre-order PS4 site to pay for the PS3s.

ilanbg

07-10-2006 22:53:51

OMFG I STILL haven't gotten my PS3 yet wtf is taking them so long I've been processing since like June.

jy3

10-10-2006 23:27:41

so good news, freepay was seen in line at their local gamestop preordering systems ;)

djmoksha

16-10-2006 15:07:51

lol, where were they seen? at pentagon city mall? thats the only gamestop in dc that i can think of, maybe theres one up the road from where they are...

regardless, i dont mind the wait because i want to see how hot the game are when they come out,

the new xbox 360 games look sick, gears of war, etc... so i imagine the first run games will be good for ps3 just not fantastic, and then the 2nd run will be amazing.... hopefully some price drops on games too

jy3

18-10-2006 20:33:19

[quote9449795795="djmoksha"]lol, where were they seen? at pentagon city mall? thats the only gamestop in dc that i can think of, maybe theres one up the road from where they are...

regardless, i dont mind the wait because i want to see how hot the game are when they come out,

the new xbox 360 games look sick, gears of war, etc... so i imagine the first run games will be good for ps3 just not fantastic, and then the 2nd run will be amazing.... hopefully some price drops on games too[/quote9449795795]

i forgot the wink my friend )

ilanbg

18-10-2006 20:52:10

Um, the sarcasm was obvious.

jy3

19-10-2006 07:15:59

[quote38ceba2cfb="ilanbg"]Um, the sarcasm was obvious.[/quote38ceba2cfb]

evidently not to all, or neither was his shock

less than a month now til the ps3 is out!

captainDLP

19-10-2006 09:34:54

newbie...Looking at starting the PS3 with trades. Is it even worth it?

ilanbg

19-10-2006 10:05:55

Do trainn's ps3 site instead.

johnjimjones

19-10-2006 20:03:08

Order # 000000 ps3s.freepay.com 6/14/2006 51800 PM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

Interesting.

michae229

19-10-2006 20:32:21

yea i got that too

mpbollywoodking

19-10-2006 20:52:44

"Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability"

I got the same thing. I'm assuming they are being more specific than before.

michae229

20-10-2006 16:35:09

anyone notce they changed the picture too about time

mpbollywoodking

20-10-2006 16:40:07

not all the pics though

jy3

20-10-2006 18:32:15

ps3s.freepay.com 5/9/2006 40000 PM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability
same thing )

RoBsTaMaCk

23-10-2006 11:55:28

1/18/2006 12600 PM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

Chances are good we won't see it until after new years unless Freepay miraculously secured some units.

djmoksha

23-10-2006 12:02:07

jy3

would be fantastic to see that in a month right?! man i hope they are gonna get it together like with their new response times and all

Wolfeman

23-10-2006 12:20:24

I'd like a SuperCert option personally...

Sparhawk226

23-10-2006 18:10:24

[quotee520778958="RoBsTaMaCk"]1/18/2006 12600 PM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

Chances are good we won't see it until after new years unless Freepay miraculously secured some units.[/quotee520778958]

I'd be absolutely shocked if we got any before March-ish. They may have learned their lesson from the 360 situation, but it's not practical to think that they'd spend so much of their money on pleasing people who they already earned money from =/

If you're looking for some "silver lining" in getting the consoles so delayed, the PS3s will very likely be buggy as hell when they first come a la the 360 and the PS2. It's nice to not be the labrats =)

jy3

24-10-2006 13:37:31

yeah some thoughts of mine
1. i wish i would have preordered a ps3 to sell on ebay ALTHOUGH i am unsure if FYE will be able to fill their preorders -> maybe i am glad i didnt preorder one.
2. i hope that we get the giftcard option b/c i want to upgrade mine to the premium box anyway
3. no matter how i see it, i agree us getting the later generations will be helpful. there are already rumors of lockups and overheats

jy3

08-11-2006 20:37:36

9 days out...curious what will happen when the ps3 starts to hit the shelves...or at least people get them thru preorder

coolbreeze06

12-11-2006 04:15:08

maybe we can get a gift card once it drops...what are the chances of that?

Menotti

13-11-2006 07:31:22

[quote323215f9b9="coolbreeze06"]maybe we can get a gift card once it drops...what are the chances of that?[/quote323215f9b9]

I'm guessing low, as we didn't see that with the 360. I'd be surprised if that was an option.

Wolfeman

13-11-2006 21:40:04

I just realized my order which I placed in January has my old address. How do I fix this?

coolbreeze06

14-11-2006 07:02:11

[quote952c5d5b58="Wolfeman"]I just realized my order which I placed in January has my old address. How do I fix this?[/quote952c5d5b58]

Send a CS ticket. I had to do this also.

MAKE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW YOU JUST WANT THEM TO UPDATE YOUR ORDER[b952c5d5b58] NOT CANCEL IT!![/b952c5d5b58]

I changed the address for my phone and they cancelled my order and did a new one. I'm not sure but I think that would put you at the end of the line since they do a first come first serve basis. Good luck.

Wolfeman

14-11-2006 12:38:00

[quotee7dfb6cd36="coolbreeze06"][quotee7dfb6cd36="Wolfeman"]I just realized my order which I placed in January has my old address. How do I fix this?[/quotee7dfb6cd36]

Send a CS ticket. I had to do this also.

MAKE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW YOU JUST WANT THEM TO UPDATE YOUR ORDER[be7dfb6cd36] NOT CANCEL IT!![/be7dfb6cd36]

I changed the address for my phone and they cancelled my order and did a new one. I'm not sure but I think that would put you at the end of the line since they do a first come first serve basis. Good luck.[/quotee7dfb6cd36]
Thanks!!!

fiz

15-11-2006 18:28:44

Hi - I haven't been on in a while - I am just wondering 2 things...

1) I know nobody knows for sure, but has anyone heard or have a sense of when the PS3s will start to ship from freepay?

2) My order was completed on 5/8/2006. How many people do you think were done before that?

Thanks for your help! D

Buster389

15-11-2006 18:30:25

[quote21200eb306="fiz"]Hi - I haven't been on in a while - I am just wondering 2 things...

1) I know nobody knows for sure, but has anyone heard or have a sense of when the PS3s will start to ship from freepay?

2) My order was completed on 5/8/2006. How many people do you think were done before that?

Thanks for your help! D[/quote21200eb306]

I would guess the earliest your going to get it is march or april if your lucky.

Wolfeman

16-11-2006 00:09:47

[quoted6883287c7="fiz"]Hi - I haven't been on in a while - I am just wondering 2 things...

Thanks for your help! D[/quoted6883287c7]
1) Literaly no idea and no one will know.

2) A LOT. I finished 1/18/06 and I know I'm not even close to being at the top...

fiz

16-11-2006 09:10:32

[quote917e91f8c6="Wolfeman"][quote917e91f8c6="fiz"]Hi - I haven't been on in a while - I am just wondering 2 things...

Thanks for your help! D[/quote917e91f8c6]

2) A LOT. I finished 1/18/06 and I know I'm not even close to being at the top...[/quote917e91f8c6]

how do you know that?

ilanbg

16-11-2006 09:49:25

The site was opened like over a year ago. People have been completing it since then.

Wolfeman

16-11-2006 12:22:20

[quotef88ece97b0="fiz"][quotef88ece97b0="Wolfeman"][quotef88ece97b0="fiz"]Hi - I haven't been on in a while - I am just wondering 2 things...

Thanks for your help! D[/quotef88ece97b0]

2) A LOT. I finished 1/18/06 and I know I'm not even close to being at the top...[/quotef88ece97b0]

how do you know that?[/quotef88ece97b0]
People finished it within hours of it opening. You are no were near the top...

mpbollywoodking

16-11-2006 20:57:35

I went to my local Best Buy store, and there were people in tents sleeping outside. I doubt any of us will get our free PS3 anytime soon

Wolfeman

16-11-2006 21:29:30

[quoteddaaa53e5c="mpbollywoodking"]I went to my local Best Buy store, and there were people in tents sleeping outside. I doubt any of us will get our free PS3 anytime soon[/quoteddaaa53e5c]
There are people camped out everywhere. I hope Freepay does the right thing and offers a $500 GC...

ilanbg

16-11-2006 21:41:30

I seriously doubt they will until months later, when they have no excuse to avoid doing so, but it will be nice when it comes.

Heh, I still have like $200 left from the GC for their 360 fiasco.

bruman

20-11-2006 00:40:52

So... The PS3 is released...

mykevermin

20-11-2006 05:58:03

[quoteefaf72b227="bruman"]So... The PS3 is released...[/quoteefaf72b227]

And? We're talking about Freepay here. The precise reason this thread isn't bustling with animosity is twofold

1) The PS3 is released, but everyone knows, on the manufacturer's end, there are immense manufacturing problems that led to really low release numbers. People recognize that it's hard as hell to get a PS3 right now.

2) This is the FreePay thread. Their service and reliability has become so dreadful (and I mean lililisolilili dreadful) that nothing doing is precisely what we expect. The combination of low release numbers and FreePay's unreliability has created a scenario where users are totally complaint and perfectly accepting of the fact that none of us waiting on a PS3 will see one before June of next year.

bruman

20-11-2006 23:31:00

They said they may be offering gift cards in exchange

Wolfeman

20-11-2006 23:34:59

[quote2b59ccf07e="bruman"]They said they may be offering gift cards in exchange[/quote2b59ccf07e]
I'd love that idea...

Sparhawk226

20-11-2006 23:37:49

[quotee46f324b3c="Wolfeman"][quotee46f324b3c="bruman"]They said they may be offering gift cards in exchange[/quotee46f324b3c]
I'd love that idea...[/quotee46f324b3c]

Aye, aye. Could use that $500 towards a decent HDTV to play my Wii on while they fix the bugs =)

mykevermin

21-11-2006 06:08:59

[quote63738f98cd="bruman"]They said they may be offering gift cards in exchange[/quote63738f98cd]

I haven't seen that. I have a PS3 already, so I'd be happy to have gift cards.

fiz

21-11-2006 10:39:32

what are the gift cards for? are they something like amex gift cards, or for a place like best buy?

ilanbg

21-11-2006 10:42:22

The last ones we got were to giftcertificates.com (or something like that), which could be redeemed in dozens of places.

bruman

21-11-2006 11:19:12

[quotef9dc9f08f1="mykevermin"][quotef9dc9f08f1="bruman"]They said they may be offering gift cards in exchange[/quotef9dc9f08f1]

I haven't seen that. I have a PS3 already, so I'd be happy to have gift cards.[/quotef9dc9f08f1]

Massman's CS Reply?

9/27/2006 111833 AM
customer service wrote
The availability of the PS3 will determine gift certificates as a redemption option that will be decided closer to the PS3's release.

mykevermin

21-11-2006 16:01:22

Thanks for the info. I'm skeptical anyone will actually see these GC before the end of the year, but if it happens at all, then great!

bruman

22-11-2006 03:31:08

I just created a support ticket regarding this. I'll let you all know what they say...

massman

24-11-2006 13:36:40

[quote75ffccb4ce="bruman"]I just created a support ticket regarding this. I'll let you all know what they say...[/quote75ffccb4ce]
yeah, they haven't gotten back to me yet on my most recent request on 11/18

if i hear anything other than the usual

"Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service. As of now, we are not offering any gift cards in place for a PS3 nor have we changed the model originally offered. We are waiting for the official release before making any decisions regarding the fulfillment of this product. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team For exciting FreePay news and tips please visit our blog at http//freepaynews.blogspot.com/"

I've been getting since October 1, i'll keep ya'll posted

Menotti

04-12-2006 09:04:26

I asked to receive a gift card in place of the unit. Here is the response
[quote38ad7c05c0]Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service. As you probably know, Sony has drastically cut back their production of the Play Station 3 (PS3) worldwide. We have been in contact with electronics distributors over the past months seeking PS3 units on behalf of our customers. Unfortunately, just like many of you die-hard gamers out there, due to the lack of PS3s released to the US market by Sony we have been unable to obtain the PS3. We have received inquiries regarding the possibility of receiving a gift card in place of a PS3. At this moment we are not offering such option as Sony is expected to release more units during the Holiday season. Rest assured that FreePay will continue to monitor this situation while providing quality products and top of the line customer service. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team[/quote38ad7c05c0]

michae229

04-12-2006 09:24:39

[quoteaa0094fa4d="Menotti"]I asked to receive a gift card in place of the unit. Here is the response
[quoteaa0094fa4d]Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service. As you probably know, Sony has drastically cut back their production of the Play Station 3 (PS3) worldwide. We have been in contact with electronics distributors over the past months seeking PS3 units on behalf of our customers. Unfortunately, just like many of you die-hard gamers out there, due to the lack of PS3s released to the US market by Sony we have been unable to obtain the PS3. We have received inquiries regarding the possibility of receiving a gift card in place of a PS3. At this moment we are not offering such option as Sony is expected to release more units during the Holiday season. Rest assured that FreePay will continue to monitor this situation while providing quality products and top of the line customer service. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team[/quoteaa0094fa4d][/quoteaa0094fa4d]

got the same thing damn man.

Menotti

04-12-2006 10:29:31

[quoteae90c48d6c="michae229"][quoteae90c48d6c="Menotti"]I asked to receive a gift card in place of the unit. Here is the response
[quoteae90c48d6c]Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service. As you probably know, Sony has drastically cut back their production of the Play Station 3 (PS3) worldwide. We have been in contact with electronics distributors over the past months seeking PS3 units on behalf of our customers. Unfortunately, just like many of you die-hard gamers out there, due to the lack of PS3s released to the US market by Sony we have been unable to obtain the PS3. We have received inquiries regarding the possibility of receiving a gift card in place of a PS3. At this moment we are not offering such option as Sony is expected to release more units during the Holiday season. Rest assured that FreePay will continue to monitor this situation while providing quality products and top of the line customer service. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team[/quoteae90c48d6c][/quoteae90c48d6c]

got the same thing damn man.[/quoteae90c48d6c]

It'd be nice for them to make a good CS move for a change and offer up GCs. Maybe if enough of us ask nicely lol

massman

04-12-2006 12:18:19

doh! come on freepay - help us out a little here. And what's with them saying 'top of the line customer service?' they don't have Jake on here anymore, you can only communicate via the website, and even then the first response is often an automated one.

If they were 'top of the line' they would do what other freebie sites do, and offer a cash or GC option. (

johnjimjones

10-12-2006 07:54:10

I may be stating the obvious because I haven't checked on this in ages, but I'm kind of ticked that it's a 20GB PS3.

jy3

11-12-2006 20:15:58

[quote5e4c7a1da3="johnjimjones"]I may be stating the obvious because I haven't checked on this in ages, but I'm kind of ticked that it's a 20GB PS3.[/quote5e4c7a1da3]

na, i am happy. did u get it for hte lower amount of refs?
i am likely going to exchange mine and pay the difference for the higher end model

i got a similar response from CS last week

12/4/2006 115524 AM
customer service wrote

Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service. As you probably know, Sony has drastically cut back their production of the Play Station 3 (PS3) worldwide. We have been in contact with electronics distributors over the past months seeking PS3 units on behalf of our customers. Unfortunately, just like many of you die-hard gamers out there, due to the lack of PS3s released to the US market by Sony we have been unable to obtain the PS3. We have received inquiries regarding the possibility of receiving a gift card in place of a PS3. At this moment we are not offering such option as Sony is expected to release more units during the Holiday season. Rest assured that FreePay will continue to monitor this situation while providing quality products and top of the line customer service. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team
12/4/2006 103930 AM
customer service wrote

We have received your inquiry and will respond via a reply post in your account as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,

The FreePay
Automated Response Team
12/4/2006 103930 AM
email==aeneas3@excite.comaeneas3@excite.com=aeneas3@excite.comaeneas3@excite.com/email wrote

any thoughts on gift cards instead of having us wait 8 months for a ps3?
11/20/2006 10348 PM
customer service wrote

Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service.

>Due to the high volume of customer inquiries, we cannot provide each person with a time frame of when they will each receive their order.

We ask that you be patient during the order fulfillment process as it is not an "instantaneous" process. Orders are grouped together in the time period that they are initially placed by the customer and then sent to the product's vendor for the orders to be fulfilled.

Once your order is placed with the product vendor it is processed and then shipped to you.

When your order ships you will be notified and will receive tracking information (tracking number not applicable to freehandbags.com) to follow your order's shipment. Please be patient and your account will be updated when your order ships.
Again, we cannot provide individual order updates; your account will update itself as soon as any change to your order status occurs.
This is an automated response. If you feel that this did not answer your question please respond to this message in the box provided below.

Sincerely,

The FreePay
Automated Response Team
11/20/2006 10348 PM
email==aeneas3@excite.comaeneas3@excite.com=aeneas3@excite.comaeneas3@excite.com/email wrote

hello, I was wondering if you have an ETA for when you will be getting ps3s to ship out? Also, due to the shortage has there been a thought to supplant the ps3 with an option for a giftcard? thank yoU!

Wolfeman

12-12-2006 22:41:47

I hope they send giftcards instead of PS3s because I'd rather have a Wii than a PS3...

bettysbeast

13-12-2006 06:39:35

The 20 GB versions have been available on circuitcity.com all morning. Yeah they come with a few extras, but this just goes to show that they should be able to get their hands on some of these.

coolbreeze06

14-12-2006 06:27:21

this is true...I didn't think about it I went to CC last week that had about 10 20G PS3. I don't think the 20G is that hard to find...
Most gamers dont want the 20G model...I dont think it is as much demand as the 60GB model.

Has anyone shipped yet?

johnjimjones

14-12-2006 09:17:42

The thing is I had to get the 12 referrals and now I still only get the 20GB PS3.

Also is the hard drive the only difference between the 20 and 60GB models?

fiz

15-12-2006 05:50:22

[quote409af783ce="johnjimjones"]The thing is I had to get the 12 referrals and now I still only get the 20GB PS3.

Also is the hard drive the only difference between the 20 and 60GB models?[/quote409af783ce]

no. besides the hard drive difference, the 20 gb version doesn't have wifi or memory card slots i believe. and i think the 60gb is all black whereas the 20 gb has some silver on it.

but yeah, im waiting patiently for any change of status in mine, or even ANY report that someone has shipped, but its not going to happen until 2007.

Menotti

26-12-2006 09:12:52

PS3 site is down

Wolfeman

26-12-2006 11:10:46

[quote8a1c54b730="Menotti"]PS3 site is down[/quote8a1c54b730]
Not for me...

ilanbg

26-12-2006 11:12:22

It's back up, and it's changed, but you can still log in and see your status (which hasn't changed either).

darthhaider

27-12-2006 07:28:19

So, here is the situation in my city.

PS3's have been on the shelves for the past week. Wii's on the other hand are impossible to find.

I wish that Freepay could just give us some Paypal money so that I could go pick one up right now. But, I guess I will have to wait until next summer most likely...

Have a great new year.

nate08

27-12-2006 12:24:01

7 months and counting...

god i would love to have it by my birthday (march 26)

but that will probably never happen

fiz

03-01-2007 17:31:17

[quote32895218db="nate08"]7 months and counting...

but that will probably never happen[/quote32895218db]

me too man, mine's in march too - dont really know what to expect though

johnjimjones

03-01-2007 18:03:22

Does anyone know if any orders have been fulfilled?

jy3

03-01-2007 19:14:27

we are now 7 weeks out from launch day. i bet their vendors are no where close to getting them. give me a gift card please!

Menotti

03-01-2007 21:29:19

[quoteacc0c7f399="jy3"]we are now 7 weeks out from launch day. i bet their vendors are no where close to getting them. give me a gift card please![/quoteacc0c7f399]

I've requested a GC twice and they've shut me down both times. Bunch of crap, this is my last FP ever.

coolbreeze06

04-01-2007 07:34:32

me too..

That is what they want though. They don't like people who actually finish the site. Why make it easy.

i blame history

05-01-2007 15:05:33

wow, long time no visit... hello again.

i just thought i would throw out this bit of information... i just checked my freepay ps3 account on a whim, and lo and behold, my ps3 shipped TODAY.

i placed my order right when freepay started a 'mass approval' of all completed ps3 accounts for the first time, back on january 18th of last year. i remember all of a sudden, everyone who had been completed for weeks/months was suddenly able to place orders, so it was a mad rush to get yours in before everyone else. lilolli

so... you might wanna check your accounts. here is what UPS says about mine

Tracking Number lili lilili lilili lili lililili lilili li
Status Billing Information Received
Shipped or Billed on Jan 5, 2007

Service Type NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Package Weight 18.00 Lbs

i am very pleasantly surprised. i honestly didnt expect to see this thing for a few months yet.

johnjimjones

05-01-2007 15:07:30

Awsome!!

Not yet for me though

ps3s.freepay.com 6/14/2006 51800 PM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

bruman

05-01-2007 15:30:01

I placed mine on January 18th at 252 PM . still nothing, yet.

What time did you order yours?

batman129

05-01-2007 16:25:39

[quoteca0fed7156]1/18/2006 12000 PM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability[/quoteca0fed7156]

egyptianruin

05-01-2007 18:03:49

[quotef017b3a02a="nate08"]7 months and counting...

but that will probably never happen[/quotef017b3a02a]

My bday is March 24! Woot~

Anyway ps3s.freepay.com 4/12/2006 43300 PM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

1/5/2007 120436 PM
customer service wrote
Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service. We appreciate you contacting us. Our Fulfillment Department is taking care of the procurement of these items. Sincerely, The FreePay Customer Service Team For exciting FreePay news and tips please visit our blog at http//freepaynews.blogspot.com/

1/4/2007 90200 PM
egyptianruin@- wrote
Amazon has 20GB PS3's in stock http//www.amazon.com/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-98001-PlayStation/dp/B000IZWNLG/sr=1-2/qid=1167962414/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-9576793-6801438?ie=UTF8&s=videogames Do you think you will up peoples orders to 60GB models for such the long wait times?

Airkat

05-01-2007 18:13:15

I also checked my account on a whim today...

For anyone who cares, my initial order was last january...

Order # xxxxxx ps3s.freepay.com 1/18/2006 35100 PM Canceled Based on Product Availability

I canceled because I moved... placed a new order....

Order # xxxxxxx ps3s.freepay.com 9/26/2006 22400 PM Shipped Based on Product Availability

massman

05-01-2007 21:08:23

1/21/2006 101600 AM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

but things ar elooking up! )

RoBsTaMaCk

05-01-2007 21:26:00

I saw that someone in the brag bag got their PS3 from Trainn so I felt compelled to go check my status on PS3s.Freepay. Low and behold I find this in the status
[bd0ecfe5dca]Shipped Based on Product Availability[/bd0ecfe5dca]

I click the order status excitedly and it says
Order # 123456 - 1/5/2007 42100 PM
Status - Shipped
UPS Tracking # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Track It!)

D

Menotti

06-01-2007 08:47:16

Site must be getting bombarded, it's down at the moment. I can't wait to sell the unit to buy Wii accessories )

ClassAct

06-01-2007 14:45:32

Whats the diffrence between the 60gb and 20gb, anything drastic that makes the 20gb garbage compared to the 60gb

bruman

06-01-2007 14:48:44

The only differences are

Basic is 20Gb
Premium is 60gb

Premium has built in WiFi and a Flash Card Reader, the basic does not.

ClassAct

06-01-2007 14:58:03

Id be able to get online still with the 20gn and i honesly dont even know what a flash card reader is.

emoney

07-01-2007 07:51:26

Getting mine tomorrow. ) w00t for freepay!

and a Flash Card reader is a set of inputs for various memory cards and sticks (e.g. SD, MS, MS Duo, etc).

Gunwave

07-01-2007 09:09:23

[quotebcabdf7f03="emoney"]Getting mine tomorrow. ) w00t for freepay!

and a Flash Card reader is a set of inputs for various memory cards and sticks (e.g. SD, MS, MS Duo, etc).[/quotebcabdf7f03]

Me Too!

shortys408

07-01-2007 19:59:51

i dont get it. i ordered hte 18th and i am not shipped.

bruman

07-01-2007 23:14:47

[quote2ea096db0b="shortys408"]i dont get it. i ordered hte 18th and i am not shipped.[/quote2ea096db0b]

What's your order #?

shortys408

08-01-2007 10:05:44

bruman

08-01-2007 12:11:16

Then you definitely didn't order before 126 PM, as you said in the other thread.

I ordered at 252 PM and my order # is 500724. (I'm not shipped yet, either).

ClassAct

08-01-2007 14:12:24

im 5008 sometin hope i get sometin by the end of the week.

MiamiTJ

08-01-2007 14:36:11

I got my PS3 today. Order # 507577

ClassAct

08-01-2007 14:44:18

where did they ship from?

Narakukuku

08-01-2007 15:41:43

So freepay is down at the moment...
Congrats to everyone.

Airkat

08-01-2007 15:45:21

[quoteb72c9ce876="ClassAct"]where did they ship from?[/quoteb72c9ce876]

Amazon.com -- showed up along with a ps3 game I ordered myself

massman

08-01-2007 18:39:53

man, i'm 3 days and behind ya'lls with an order on 1/21/06 and in those 3 days over 250 people put in their orders before me (501XXX) (

fiz

08-01-2007 18:44:35

[quote989ef59f04="massman"]man, i'm 3 days and behind ya'lls with an order on 1/21/06 and in those 3 days over 250 people put in their orders before me (501XXX) ([/quote989ef59f04]

i didnt do mine until may (order # 504XXX)

are these order numbers just for the ps3s or for all freepay stuff? so is there 4000 freepay order or specifically ps3 orders between what's shipping now and mine?

ClassAct

08-01-2007 19:57:07

hopefully amazon gets more in stock so they keep shipping them.

Simple question for the PS3 Owners

with the 20gb can I connect to the internet wirelessly and ive read about the cables, I need to buy new cables to hook it up with the hd tv to get hd quality out of it?

coolbreeze06

10-01-2007 06:18:23

5008##
1/19/2006

should I ship soon?

bruman

10-01-2007 10:11:36

[quote0ed5d7be93="coolbreeze06"]5008##
1/19/2006

should I ship soon?[/quote0ed5d7be93]

no

[quote0ed5d7be93="ClassAct"]hopefully amazon gets more in stock so they keep shipping them.

Simple question for the PS3 Owners

with the 20gb can I connect to the internet wirelessly and ive read about the cables, I need to buy new cables to hook it up with the hd tv to get hd quality out of it?[/quote0ed5d7be93]

The 20gb doesn't have built-in wifi (only the 60gb does), so no. You will have to connect via an ethernet cable.

And yeah, neither the 20 nor 60 come with this. You need an hdmi cable for the hd quality (you can get one cheap on eBay).

shortys408

10-01-2007 10:21:13

I do not know if this is new but at the bottom of the ps3 main page it says, "Fulfillment of the Sony® PS3® may be delayed based on availability. You will have the option to choose an equivalent item or the cash equivalent if you do not wish to wait for our ability to fulfill this offer."

ClassAct

10-01-2007 10:42:18

wow cant even get wireless with the 20gb, smooth move sony

bruman

10-01-2007 10:45:30

[quote7da046d6db="shortys408"]I do not know if this is new but at the bottom of the ps3 main page it says, "Fulfillment of the Sony® PS3® may be delayed based on availability. You will have the option to choose an equivalent item or the cash equivalent if you do not wish to wait for our ability to fulfill this offer."[/quote7da046d6db]

Hmm.. they must of just added that.

Someone open a support ticket quoting that and asking for a cash equivalent.

I should be in the next shipment though, so i'm just going to wait.

[quote7da046d6db="ClassAct"]wow cant even get wireless with the 20gb, smooth move sony[/quote7da046d6db]

Sell the 20 and get the 60

fiz

10-01-2007 17:55:11

I opened up a support ticket asking what the item and cash equivalents are. I'll post when I hear back.

ClassAct

10-01-2007 18:14:04

^ yea im gonna open one right now.

ClassAct

10-01-2007 18:21:52

scratch that

Still have a question?
Please provide a better explanation of your question or problem.
NOTE Please select an order.
topic Order Status Inquiry

Everytime i try to ask em

ClassAct

10-01-2007 19:56:24

Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service.

>Due to the high volume of customer inquiries, we cannot provide each person with a time frame of when they will each receive their order.

We ask that you be patient during the order fulfillment process as it is not an "instantaneous" process. Orders are grouped together in the time period that they are initially placed by the customer and then sent to the product's vendor for the orders to be fulfilled.

Once your order is placed with the product vendor it is processed and then shipped to you.

When your order ships you will be notified and will receive tracking information (tracking number not applicable to freehandbags.com) to follow your order's shipment. Please be patient and your account will be updated when your order ships.
Again, we cannot provide individual order updates; your account will update itself as soon as any change to your order status occurs.
This is an automated response. If you feel that this did not answer your question please respond to this message in the box provided below.

Sincerely,

The FreePay
Automated Response Team

ilanbg

10-01-2007 20:05:51

Was that in response to your request for a GC?

ClassAct

10-01-2007 20:11:32

I asked for a check to the equivalent of a ps3

fiz

10-01-2007 20:14:15

[quote0983a0d91e="ClassAct"]Thank you for contacting FreePay Customer Service.

Sincerely,

The FreePay
Automated Response Team[/quote0983a0d91e]

that's just an automated response - i got the same thing - but my ticket is still open as im sure yours is, so hopefully soon we'll get a real response.

coolbreeze06

11-01-2007 05:03:31

Sent in ticket for cash...

ClassAct

11-01-2007 06:29:16

If they say no it's pretty say there going again there own terms on there site, id much rather have a check then the ps3

jy3

11-01-2007 08:46:21

[quotecd4ba5b029="shortys408"]I do not know if this is new but at the bottom of the ps3 main page it says, "Fulfillment of the Sony® PS3® may be delayed based on availability. You will have the option to choose an equivalent item or the cash equivalent if you do not wish to wait for our ability to fulfill this offer."[/quotecd4ba5b029]

which page, i cannot find this.
i just opened a ticket asking for cash. i would LOVE to get a 60gig with cash instead of returning a 20gig and then upgrading

ClassAct

11-01-2007 08:50:08

it's at ps3.freepay.com the home page where the new users sign up, I had trouble finding it myself, you would think theyd at least put it somewhere after you log in. and i agree much rather have cash then the 20gb.

shortys408

11-01-2007 10:15:38

it will make it easier for me to upgrade to a 60gb

egyptianruin

11-01-2007 20:42:26

I actually heard a report its costing Sony more money in the long run to sell the 20gb models. I dont even understand why they are selling them, everyone wants the 60 anyway and $100 makes no freaking difference if you are paying that much to begin with.

ClassAct

12-01-2007 15:01:28

anyone have any luck with support ticket getting answered?

jy3

12-01-2007 17:19:04

no answer but it has only been a day. usually it takes a week

jy3

16-01-2007 18:54:32

anyone hear?

bruman

16-01-2007 19:13:57

[quotea524cd578e="jy3"]anyone hear?[/quotea524cd578e]

Hear what?

fiz

16-01-2007 19:47:17

[quoteea5d92b175="bruman"][quoteea5d92b175="jy3"]anyone hear?[/quoteea5d92b175]

Hear what?[/quoteea5d92b175]

back from freepay regarding if and what we can get in place of the ps3 (equivalent cash or item) as stated on their website...and no i haven't heard yet.

coolbreeze06

17-01-2007 04:08:48

nothing yet...put in support ticket last Thursday hopefully soon. Will pass word along.

mpbollywoodking

17-01-2007 05:00:43

I went to my Best Buy store and they have 15, THAT'S RIGHT, 15 60GB versions of the PS3???????

I just sent a ticket about the the giftcards, I would rather get the 60gig instead of the 20gig

fiz

17-01-2007 05:46:57

[quotedf597e30e6="coolbreeze06"]nothing yet...put in support ticket last Thursday hopefully soon. Will pass word along.[/quotedf597e30e6]

do you usually put in an additional ticket after the automated response since it says "If you feel that this did not answer your question please respond to this message in the box provided below."?

and also, do you get an email or anything if they respond to your support ticket or do you just have to keep on checking?

mpbollywoodking

17-01-2007 08:22:33

yes, of course, other wise they won't reply to your ticket

coolbreeze06

17-01-2007 10:04:35

not to my knowledge I just check every couple of days...can take from 3 days up to a week.

Anybody heard anything from thier CS ticket?

coolbreeze06

19-01-2007 07:10:45

Man!! it has been over a week and no response...Anybody get any responses, automated or not, about the giftcard statement at the bottom of the page?

massman

19-01-2007 07:58:46

[quoteba79d91d2a="coolbreeze06"]Man!! it has been over a week and no response...Anybody get any responses, automated or not, about the giftcard statement at the bottom of the page?[/quoteba79d91d2a]
not here (

ClassAct

19-01-2007 08:23:48

nothing

coolbreeze06

19-01-2007 10:59:16

I guess they only answer the questions they want to or can.....I submitted another ticket.

Anybody wlse ship?

jy3

21-01-2007 07:29:04

nothin as of friday, will check when i get home today

massman

22-01-2007 12:39:43

GOD I MISS JAKE! They closed my ticket asking for the cash, per their T&C stating they are not offering gift cards.

hands down, most annoying freebie company with the worst customer service since Jake left!

egyptianruin

22-01-2007 13:27:56

[quotee3782375f0="massman"]GOD I MISS JAKE! They closed my ticket asking for the cash, per their T&C stating they are not offering gift cards.

hands down, most annoying freebie company with the worst customer service since Jake left![/quotee3782375f0]

At least they did something with your ticket - mine is still open (sigh)

jy3

22-01-2007 14:25:12

mine was open as of lunch time. nothing either way

tjubb

22-01-2007 14:37:56

unbelievable! They state on the login page that a cash equivalent gift card is an option
[bbcd62ef150]"You will have the option to choose an equivalent item or the cash equivalent if you do not wish to wait for our ability to fulfill this offer".[/bbcd62ef150]

Now they are saying it's against their T&C? What a joke. I'm glad I finished all this freebie nonsense with this site a year ago.

egyptianruin

22-01-2007 15:13:58

[quote84acb532d7="jy3"]mine was open as of lunch time. nothing either way[/quote84acb532d7]

When did you put yours in? I put mine in Jan 9, 2006.

Sparhawk226

23-01-2007 00:40:14

[quote837de6d915="egyptianruin"][quote837de6d915="jy3"]mine was open as of lunch time. nothing either way[/quote837de6d915]

When did you put yours in? I put mine in Jan 9, 2006.[/quote837de6d915]

I'm pretty sure jy3 was talking about his CS ticket, not his PS3 =P Correct me if I'm wrong.

coolbreeze06

23-01-2007 04:59:45

Mine is still open

CollidgeGraduit

23-01-2007 05:30:11

[quote5520ab4477="Sparhawk226"][quote5520ab4477="egyptianruin"][quote5520ab4477="jy3"]mine was open as of lunch time. nothing either way[/quote5520ab4477]

When did you put yours in? I put mine in Jan 9, 2006.[/quote5520ab4477]

I'm pretty sure jy3 was talking about his CS ticket, not his PS3 =P Correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote5520ab4477]

As was Egyptianruin..

egyptianruin

23-01-2007 07:36:09

[quote2388c294fc="CollidgeGraduit"][quote2388c294fc="Sparhawk226"][quote2388c294fc="egyptianruin"][quote2388c294fc="jy3"]mine was open as of lunch time. nothing either way[/quote2388c294fc]

When did you put yours in? I put mine in Jan 9, 2006.[/quote2388c294fc]

I'm pretty sure jy3 was talking about his CS ticket, not his PS3 =P Correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote2388c294fc]

As was Egyptianruin..[/quote2388c294fc]LOL thanks, I was talking about my support ticket. I got approved for my PS3 in April 2006.

massman

23-01-2007 11:10:03

[quote598cac294c="tjubb"]unbelievable! They state on the login page that a cash equivalent gift card is an option
[b598cac294c]"You will have the option to choose an equivalent item or the cash equivalent if you do not wish to wait for our ability to fulfill this offer".[/b598cac294c]

Now they are saying it's against their T&C? What a joke. [b598cac294c]I'm glad I finished all this freebie nonsense with this site a year ago.[/b598cac294c][/quote598cac294c]

haha, same here - i'm glad I finished with freepay a year ago....put my order in January 21st of 2006. so pretty much exactly a year ago ;)

jy3

23-01-2007 14:10:00

my order was 5/9
my ticket was 1/11

ClassAct

24-01-2007 14:47:52

I got same responce with my ticket. I think im gonna stop checking it and just hope to see box on my steps within a few months

jy3

27-01-2007 20:09:22

no response still to my ticket

coolbreeze06

29-01-2007 05:41:11

wow...things were lookin up 2 weeks ago when FP sent out 2 PS3s....now it back to them leaving us in the dark.

bettysbeast

30-01-2007 11:03:43

20 gig PS3s are in stock at amazon. Everybody get to e-mailing freepay.

jy3

30-01-2007 12:13:05

opened another ticket not asking but telling them to give me the giftcard instead )
still answer from the first

coolbreeze06

30-01-2007 16:36:29

still no reply...1st post 1/10/07

bettysbeast

31-01-2007 05:45:06

Got a call from UPS this morning and it's my PS3 from freepay. Finally done with freepay!

mpbollywoodking

31-01-2007 05:58:28

when did you order it?

bettysbeast

31-01-2007 07:17:10

[quote6d38240817="mpbollywoodking"]when did you order it?[/quote6d38240817]
1/18/06

coolbreeze06

31-01-2007 07:36:24

Cool I orderd mine on 1/19/06.....I wonder how much longer our wait is?

bruman

31-01-2007 09:11:47

Also shipped (although it doesn't specify it on my account yet, I received a call from UPS and they gave me a tracking number).

Order #500724

Should be receiving it today.

I <3 u freepays

coolbreeze06

31-01-2007 09:21:22

Does you guys status say shipped on the site?

bruman

31-01-2007 09:25:21

No (i just said that)

bettysbeast

31-01-2007 09:41:36

[quotec0f0570bec="coolbreeze06"]Does you guys status say shipped on the site?[/quotec0f0570bec]
Mine does say shipped. Actually it says "Shipped Based on Product Availability". The tracking number is also on there.

jy3

31-01-2007 11:10:49

ps3s.freepay.com 5/9/2006 41200 PM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

bruman

31-01-2007 11:11:38

got my ps3

not going to open the box though, i already have a 60gb.. i'm going to sell the 20gb. Probably to one of my friends for like $400

shortys408

31-01-2007 13:34:04

my ps3 shipped

ClassAct

31-01-2007 14:28:55

Wow, i checked my account about 2 hours ago, was waiting for something to finish downloading figured id check again, and sure enough shipped, tracking number didnt work, said next day air, should I expect it tommrow I assume?

massman

31-01-2007 15:34:36

like 4 hours ago, wasn't shipped. then saw more people posting and wanted to see if my ticket was answered - and mine shipped as well.

hmmm, now what company excepts returns w/o receipts AND has wii's in stock )

ClassAct

31-01-2007 15:51:36

[quoteb05d833639="massman"]like 4 hours ago, wasn't shipped. then saw more people posting and wanted to see if my ticket was answered - and mine shipped as well.

hmmm, now what company excepts returns w/o receipts AND has wii's in stock )[/quoteb05d833639]

Exactly what Im thinking, if gamestop offers me 400 it's theres lol

ClassAct

31-01-2007 15:52:29

Best Buy and gamestop had em in stock this morning, maybe its from there

bruman

31-01-2007 15:59:44

i got mine.. it's from amazon

ClassAct

31-01-2007 16:02:26

U keeping it?

massman

31-01-2007 16:04:22

[quotea0cce9dd1f="ClassAct"][quotea0cce9dd1f="massman"]like 4 hours ago, wasn't shipped. then saw more people posting and wanted to see if my ticket was answered - and mine shipped as well.

hmmm, now what company excepts returns w/o receipts AND has wii's in stock )[/quotea0cce9dd1f]

Exactly what Im thinking, if gamestop offers me 400 it's theres lol[/quotea0cce9dd1f]

if you find one that it works for, post in here. i'll do the same if I haven't seen you post first 8)

ClassAct

31-01-2007 16:07:31

im just gonna try to sell it back for store credit, unless it got shipped from best buy then ill scoop up store credit with a return

massman

31-01-2007 23:02:00

WTF!?!?!?!?

Freepay is run by frigging idiots. they changed my address per my instructions when I moved - and it shows my tracking number going to my old address. What kind of idiots run that show anyways?!

coolbreeze06

01-02-2007 05:42:31

Finally!!!!! Just got a call from amazon!!! My PS3 is on the way!!!

From Amazon.

supafreak00

01-02-2007 08:26:36

What is everyone's order date?

coolbreeze06

01-02-2007 09:29:29

1/19/06
Order # 500865

Delivered!

I AM DONE WITH FREEPAY!!!!

[b6f03139f1f]Thank you for[/b6f03139f1f]
Mini Mac
PSP
iPod Nano
iPod Shuffle
Motorrola PEBL

and finally...
PS3

Good luck to call on future freepay endevours!

ClassAct

01-02-2007 09:33:48

[quotea300abcb67="coolbreeze06"]1/19/06[/quotea300abcb67]

ClassAct

01-02-2007 09:37:10

coolbreeze u keeping yours?

massman

01-02-2007 09:37:29

[quote9182f93b78="coolbreeze06"]1/19/06
Order # 500865

Delivered!

[b9182f93b78]Thank you for[/b9182f93b78]
Mini Mac
PSP
iPod Nano
iPod Shuffle
Motorrola PEBL

and finally...
PS3

Good luck to call on future freepay endevours![/quote9182f93b78]

-werd- I had to get mine re-routed, so will be here tomorrow. but once it's here

thanks for
2 - 20gig ipods
1 - ipod nano
1 - flatscreen tv
1 - gaming pc
1 - $300 giftcertificate
1 - $400 giftcertificate (xbox 360)
1 - ps3

glad to be finally done with this company, but hey, it was fun while it lasted!

coolbreeze06

01-02-2007 10:03:16

[quoteacbe58b1f5="massman"][quoteacbe58b1f5="coolbreeze06"]1/19/06
Order # 500865

Delivered!

[bacbe58b1f5]Thank you for[/bacbe58b1f5]
Mini Mac
PSP
iPod Nano
iPod Shuffle
Motorrola PEBL

and finally...
PS3

Good luck to call on future freepay endevours![/quoteacbe58b1f5]

-werd- I had to get mine re-routed, so will be here tomorrow. but once it's here

thanks for
2 - 20gig ipods
1 - iPod nano
1 - flatscreen tv
1 - gaming pc
1 - $300 giftcertificate
1 - $400 giftcertificate (xbox 360)
1 - ps3

glad to be finally done with this company, but hey, it was fun while it lasted![/quoteacbe58b1f5]

it was...it was only a matter of time. I'm sure they LOVED sites like this.

shortys408

01-02-2007 10:20:04

ugh i am never home when ups comes!

mpbollywoodking

01-02-2007 11:22:17

Mine is this

5/9/2006 104300 AM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

WTF, how come everybody's PS3's are shipping except for mine?

bruman

01-02-2007 11:25:01

[quoteeec014fd96="mpbollywoodking"]Mine is this

5/9/2006 104300 AM Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability

WTF, how come everybody's PS3's are shipping except for mine?[/quoteeec014fd96]

Maybe because you ordered 5 months after everyone?

mpbollywoodking

01-02-2007 11:29:06

D

How come people don't want the 20GB version?

egyptianruin

01-02-2007 14:02:08

[quoted908a35425="mpbollywoodking"]D

How come people don't want the 20GB version?[/quoted908a35425]

I want WiFi

ClassAct

01-02-2007 15:22:25

gamestop trade in value is 400

coolbreeze06

01-02-2007 19:44:05

DID EVERYONE GET Taledaga Nights?

coolbreeze06

01-02-2007 19:51:09

[quote436abe64ea="ClassAct"]coolbreeze u keeping yours?[/quote436abe64ea]

I AM GONNA TRADE IN PS3 (20G) + PS2 = PS3 (60G)

mpbollywoodking

02-02-2007 04:30:50

so, the difference between the 20gb and 60gb is that the 60gb has more capacity, WiFi, and the silver lining? Is that all?

fiz

02-02-2007 05:03:09

[quoteeb6aeb2745="mpbollywoodking"]so, the difference between the 20gb and 60gb is that the 60gb has more capacity, WiFi, and the silver lining? Is that all?[/quoteeb6aeb2745]

the 60 gig also has a flash card reader.

the 20 gig, however, will be upgradeable so you can use a bigger HD, WiFi, and a flash card reader i think.

mpbollywoodking

02-02-2007 05:51:17

upgradeble? how much, and if it's upgradable, why return the 20 gb to get the 60 gb?

shortys408

02-02-2007 06:26:50

im sure the costs of all the upgrades would exceed 100$

mpbollywoodking

02-02-2007 07:26:12

What is WiFi. Is that like a wireless card for your laptop........... "Free Internet" in a way?

coolbreeze06

02-02-2007 08:19:20

the PS3 can connect to your (or your neighbors) wireless internet connection. It also connects to your PSP using wifi. I have to upgrade to the 60G. My ps3 will be upstairs and I wan to access the sony store, Web, and use remoteplay with my PSP.

massman

02-02-2007 08:35:28

my note to freepay

Just wanted to say thank you again for shipping my gift to the wrong address. I was hoping you would disregard my address change ticket a month ago (which you confirmed) and that you would 100% ignore all of my requests for a check instead of the product. Now, the package has been delivered to the wrong address and has been opened. UPS is trying to resolve the matter- but none the less I can't even send it back to amazon.com. So great job freepay! Oh, and by the way - great customer service. I really appreciate it when a company intentionally ignores customers. I'm filing a joint complaint with the BBB and will be contacting the Washington DC chamber of commerce to discuss an investigation into your business practices, specifically a lack of human customer service representatives.

Hey, have a great day!

jy3

03-02-2007 10:26:13

i know you are upset, but a word of advice. sarcasm NEVER will get you anywhere with CSRs or problems like this. granted, it is amusing and gets rid of your anger and of course I am guilty of it )

hoping mine ships soon
i am going to trade in the 20gb + $ for 60gb. I plan on installing linux and surfing the web on my 65 inch hd tv )
also, if you plan on doing this I suggest you get a wireless mouse and keyboard
http//ps3.qj.net/PS3-Linux-The-void-has-been-filled-Full-install-instructions-for-Fedora-Core-5-/pg/49/aid/73144

massman

03-02-2007 11:37:09

[quotea67ffadc3f="jy3"]i know you are upset, but a word of advice. sarcasm NEVER will get you anywhere with CSRs or problems like this. granted, it is amusing and gets rid of your anger and of course I am guilty of it )

hoping mine ships soon
i am going to trade in the 20gb + $ for 60gb. I plan on installing linux and surfing the web on my 65 inch hd tv )
http//ps3.qj.net/PS3-Linux-The-void-has-been-filled-Full-install-instructions-for-Fedora-Core-5-/pg/49/aid/73144[/quotea67ffadc3f]

it's ok - a) they are never gonna read it and b) it already shipped and i'm gonna get it - it's just gonna take a little longer

jy3

04-02-2007 12:13:42

[quote98be6f403c="massman"][quote98be6f403c="jy3"]i know you are upset, but a word of advice. sarcasm NEVER will get you anywhere with CSRs or problems like this. granted, it is amusing and gets rid of your anger and of course I am guilty of it )

hoping mine ships soon
http//ps3.qj.net/PS3-Linux-The-void-has-been-filled-Full-install-instructions-for-Fedora-Core-5-/pg/49/aid/73144[/quote98be6f403c]

it's ok - a) they are never gonna read it and b) it already shipped and i'm gonna get it - it's just gonna take a little longer[/quote98be6f403c]

true )
hoping mine ships soon, now that all u have urs i am getting antsy about getting mine!

johnjimjones

04-02-2007 13:07:39

If I get mine this year (fingers crossed) I'm going to definitely go for the Amazon trade it and then do another site for a Amazon cert to work my way up to a HD LCD TV.

coolbreeze06

05-02-2007 05:27:52

I traded in the 20G model ($400) + PS2 ($50) + $30 for the 60G. Paid 130 incl. tax! Not bad...I guess!

massman

05-02-2007 11:32:12

yay!

http//uploader.ws/upload/200702/freepay.jpg[" alt=""/img10cbbea45d]
[url=]http//uploader.ws/upload/200702/freepay.jpg[]http//uploader.ws/upload/200702/freepay.jpg[/url]

jy3

10-02-2007 18:08:37

fearing that mine will ship and get to my house when on vacation next month
do they still use fedex or another shipper?

massman

10-02-2007 20:33:07

[quote813d6c3132="jy3"]fearing that mine will ship and get to my house when on vacation next month
do they still use fedex or another shipper?[/quote813d6c3132]

ups

fiz

13-02-2007 15:16:41

i still haven't received a reply to my support ticket on jan. 15 asking about an equivalent item or cash. i sent in another reply, so we'll see - any luck for anyone else?

xDarKnighTx

17-02-2007 22:11:31

[quotee7580a2d55="massman"]my note to freepay

Just wanted to say thank you again for shipping my gift to the wrong address. I was hoping you would disregard my address change ticket a month ago (which you confirmed) and that you would 100% ignore all of my requests for a check instead of the product. Now, the package has been delivered to the wrong address and has been opened. UPS is trying to resolve the matter- but none the less I can't even send it back to amazon.com. So great job freepay! Oh, and by the way - great customer service. I really appreciate it when a company intentionally ignores customers. I'm filing a joint complaint with the BBB and will be contacting the Washington DC chamber of commerce to discuss an investigation into your business practices, specifically a lack of human customer service representatives.

Hey, have a great day![/quotee7580a2d55]oh man, I really hope this won't happen to me. I have just moved as well. anyone have any ideas how to prevent this? what do they ship by? can i call up the shipping company to have them redirect any package to my new address?

michae229

17-02-2007 22:29:19

wow i don't think we will never get this....

jy3

18-02-2007 07:22:55

[quote9a5cbc0bc8="michae229"]wow i don't think we will never get this....[/quote9a5cbc0bc8]

na, people have had them shipped but they completed the site right after it opened )

coolbreeze06

18-02-2007 14:36:38

I completed the site in 3 days!

mpbollywoodking

22-02-2007 04:36:34

where..........the...........fuck.........is.........my..........PS3?

fiz

22-02-2007 05:32:02

[quote6e93b2428c="mpbollywoodking"]where..........the...........fuck.........is.........my..........PS3?[/quote6e93b2428c]

what was your order #?

michae229

22-02-2007 11:49:53

[quote74bcdeb553="fiz"][quote74bcdeb553="mpbollywoodking"]where..........the...........fuck.........is.........my..........PS3?[/quote74bcdeb553]

what was your order #?[/quote74bcdeb553]

man if i don't see a ps3 by june im filing with the BBB im giving the same time frame as the 360.

jy3

23-02-2007 04:59:16

i just want a gc so that i can walk into my local target and buy one

fiz

23-02-2007 05:22:05

anyone hear anything from support yet? i never heard back from my jan. 15 ticket, then i piggybacked on it and sent another one on the 15th of feb. still nothing...

mpbollywoodking

23-02-2007 07:36:41

[quoted4e4e0733b="jy3"]i just want a gc so that i can walk into my local target and buy one[/quoted4e4e0733b]

I know what you mean. I go to Best Buy, AND IT'S THHHHEEERREEEEE

I'm like what the fuck?????

egyptianruin

24-02-2007 21:23:40

Mine went shipped will be here on Monday

Order # 50393-

mpbollywoodking

25-02-2007 05:12:50

when was your order date?

egyptianruin

25-02-2007 06:32:57

[quotebd82fdedb2="mpbollywoodking"]when was your order date?[/quotebd82fdedb2]

April 12, 2006

supafreak00

25-02-2007 09:19:43

How is that? I placed mine in March.

johnjimjones

25-02-2007 09:21:58

[quote3a8e1a232d="egyptianruin"]Mine went shipped will be here on Monday

Order # 50393-[/quote3a8e1a232d]

Only 2000 more orders!

jy3

25-02-2007 11:08:02

this blows
jjj havent seen ya a while )

johnjimjones

25-02-2007 11:42:19

[quote5943cdc732="jy3"]this blows
jjj havent seen ya a while )[/quote5943cdc732]

Yeah I've been busy and there are fewer threads that are worthy of my response lol

fiz

25-02-2007 11:57:24

[quote9a7ec8e3b8="johnjimjones"][quote9a7ec8e3b8="egyptianruin"]Mine went shipped will be here on Monday

Order # 50393-[/quote9a7ec8e3b8]

Only 2000 more orders![/quote9a7ec8e3b8]

only 400 for me!

ilanbg

25-02-2007 12:38:29

Only 200 for me!

egyptianruin

25-02-2007 13:29:46

[quotebfd0debc7d="supafreak00"]How is that? I placed mine in March.[/quotebfd0debc7d]

I filed a BBB complaint last week, maybe that had something to do with it, I dont know.

jy3

25-02-2007 14:22:47

i opened one today (BBB) as well as for thisstuffisfree.
(202) 299-0761 freepay phone, i will try it tomorrow

egyptianruin

26-02-2007 15:10:20

I received my PS3 D

supafreak00

26-02-2007 16:28:45

I placed mine in March, filed w/ BBB on the 13th, and nothing.

mpbollywoodking

28-02-2007 07:01:14

Look at my order date for my ps3 in my sig, did anybody ordered after that date and recieved their PS3?

Narakukuku

28-02-2007 14:04:01

I placed my order 5/8/2006 74600
hmmm... What am I doing wrong here?

jy3

28-02-2007 18:43:39

have not gotten home before 5pm to call
grrr....

supafreak00

01-03-2007 09:23:07

Hell yes...

[quote0762226199]Dear Valued Customer,

Due to the continued limited availability of the Sony Playstation 3, we have only been able to ship PS3 units on a very irregular basis from our approved vendors. Unfortunately, we are only able to fulfill orders through our network of trusted vendors, which has caused further delay in getting PS3 systems out to our customers. We certainly are as disappointed with this situation as you are, and we are anxious to fulfill your order immediately, as many of our PS3 customers have been patiently waiting several months for their products. Therefore, as a result of this delay and the likelihood that it may be several more months before we can fulfill all outstanding PS3 orders, we would like to present you with the following option

In place of your order for the Sony Playstation 3, we would like to offer you a $500 USD SuperCertificate sent to you via email, from www.GiftCertificates.com.

This certificate can be redeemed online for merchandise from any of the companies shown on the website including Best Buy, thanks to a special partnership that we have with GiftCertificates.com. You may also exchange your SuperCertificate for physical gift cards from any of these vendors through the website if you so choose; this option also allows you to split the dollar amounts of the SuperCertificate up between multiple vendors.

Although we realize that this is not the PS3 that you have ordered, we hope that you will agree with us that this solution is the next best, and more importantly, fastest option.

Again, we apologize for these delays and look forward to seeing you again online soon as a repeat FreePay customer.

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team
[/quote0762226199]

ilanbg

01-03-2007 09:33:20

HOLY SHIT.

Was this offered to you or did you request it?

fiz

01-03-2007 09:39:50

i got this too - they say they have a "special partnership" but i dont see best buy on the site ?

whatever, im gonna do it anyway. just get this crap over with.

ilanbg

01-03-2007 09:43:30

Where did you find this? I just checked and I don't have it.

Did you request a giftcard, or did they volunteer it?

jy3

01-03-2007 09:47:18

holy crap, i cannot wait to check my account when i get home!

jy3

01-03-2007 09:54:35

YES!
i got it on my email as well
sweet!
Dear Valued Customer,

Due to the continued limited availability of the Sony Playstation 3, we have only been able to ship PS3 units on a very irregular basis from our approved vendors. Unfortunately, we are only able to fulfill orders through our network of trusted vendors, which has caused further delay in getting PS3 systems out to our customers. We certainly are as disappointed with this situation as you are, and we are anxious to fulfill your order immediately, as many of our PS3 customers have been patiently waiting several months for their products. Therefore, as a result of this delay and the likelihood that it may be several more months before we can fulfill all outstanding PS3 orders, we would like to present you with the following option

In place of your order for the Sony Playstation 3, we would like to offer you a $500 USD SuperCertificate sent to you via email, from www.GiftCertificates.com.

This certificate can be redeemed online for merchandise from any of the companies shown on the website including Best Buy, thanks to a special partnership that we have with GiftCertificates.com. You may also exchange your SuperCertificate for physical gift cards from any of these vendors through the website if you so choose; this option also allows you to split the dollar amounts of the SuperCertificate up between multiple vendors.

Although we realize that this is not the PS3 that you have ordered, we hope that you will agree with us that this solution is the next best, and more importantly, fastest option.

If you are interested in this option, please let us know by replying to email==reply@gratisinternet.comreply@gratisinternet.com=reply@gratisinternet.comreply@gratisinternet.com/email.

When replying, please provide us with your PS3 account email and your order ID.

We are asking that you respond no later than Friday, March 9th 2007. Please note that by requesting a SuperCertificate, you agree that upon receipt of the certificate, your order placed for a PS3 through FreePay has been fulfilled and will be considered completed in full.

If we do not receive a response by this time, we will assume that you do not wish to receive a SuperCertificate and your PS3 will be shipped as soon as it becomes available.

Again, we apologize for these delays and look forward to seeing you again online soon as a repeat FreePay customer.

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team

Elplasmo

01-03-2007 10:17:08

This doesn't seem like such a great deal. Not only is Best Buy not listed but I couldn't find any other companies that have PS3's for sale. Anyone else see any good companies on the list?

ilanbg

01-03-2007 10:40:17

The list is not complete, there. They have Amazon, Best Buy, all sorts of things. I would definitely take this deal (and I just did, a few minutes ago).

johnjimjones

01-03-2007 10:47:39

Details please. Was this via email or support ticket? When did you receive it?

johnjimjones

01-03-2007 10:57:03

After a long and strenuous search through my spam, I finally found it!!!! Now where to redeem this $500....

jy3

01-03-2007 12:09:53

is target on the list? i want to go to target and buy one soon )

supafreak00

01-03-2007 12:27:59

I think target is on their list, IIRC from the giftcertificate site.

jy3

01-03-2007 14:27:48

no target
best buy has been added by freepay
american express cheques are a good idea as they are taken everywhere - there is a 12.96 s/h charge.
crutchfield is good if u need something other than a ps3. i was thinking about getting a new receiver with the money
another thought is to apply it to travel that u would normally have spent cash on and use cash to purchase ur ps3

michae229

01-03-2007 14:31:55

[quoteef2dc590bf="jy3"]no target
best buy has been added by freepay
american express cheques are a good idea as they are taken everywhere - there is a 12.96 s/h charge.
crutchfield is good if u need something other than a ps3. i was thinking about getting a new receiver with the money
another thought is to apply it to travel that u would normally have spent cash on and use cash to purchase ur ps3[/quoteef2dc590bf]

if i get a check how will it work? will i get it under 500? and can i just deposit it in my bank account?

jy3

01-03-2007 15:03:54

i am not sure if the cheques can be deposited
http//www10.americanexpress.com/sif/cda/page/0,1641,2193,00.asp

Elplasmo

01-03-2007 15:16:07

Just got this response from replying to the email asking about Best Buy, hope it works!

Once you receive your Super Certificate you’ll be allowed to use it for BestBuy “thanks to a special partnership that we have with GiftCertificates.com.” The reason why we mention Best Buy on the email is because it is not listed on the site.

Thanks,

The FreePay Team

jy3

01-03-2007 17:13:57

nice u got a quick reply too. i wish they could add target ) gonna ask them

supafreak00

02-03-2007 11:06:14

[quoteb59b21fe18]A premium feature of the SuperCertificate, Select Merchants provide additional redemption options for your recipient. When you add Select Merchants a service fee of 10% of the SuperCertificate denomination will be added to the price. For example a $50 SuperCertificate with Select Merchants will have a $5.00 service fee included, in addition to any standard service fees. Select Merchants include

Amazon.com®
Bahama Breeze
Best Buy
Chevron
Circuit City®
JC Penney
Lowes
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Sears
Target
The Home Depot®
Wal-Mart
Merchant List Subject to Change [/quoteb59b21fe18]

bruman

02-03-2007 11:56:58

I bought an Amazon.com and Wal-Mart gift card with my supercertificate from freepay. They pay the extra fees so that those merchants supafreak00 listed above are available to you.

ucool22

02-03-2007 13:13:27

so freepay pays for it? and not out of our giftcards?

bruman

02-03-2007 13:35:18

right

djmoksha

02-03-2007 13:36:30

sweet, wonder how fast they are going to send out these gift certs

jy3

02-03-2007 15:28:25

sweet! i want target so i can go buy my ps3!

cannmj

02-03-2007 17:55:14

Has anyone gotten their gift certificates yet? I told them I wanted to them but haven't received them -- it's only been 2 days though. Just curious how quickly they would get these out.

supafreak00

02-03-2007 18:29:25

Nope nor are they responding on how long it will take.

jy3

02-03-2007 22:05:37

i bet they will wait until after march 9 and they buy and ship in bulk

Narakukuku

05-03-2007 07:17:11

I received the same letter and gave freepay the green light.
This should be interesting.

supafreak00

05-03-2007 09:37:58

Got mine

ilanbg

05-03-2007 10:32:36

Holy shit so did I. !!!!

djmoksha

05-03-2007 10:45:52

ill look for mine today, but wont hold my breath

what order dates for you guys? or does it not matter at this point?

michae229

05-03-2007 13:25:05

haven't got mine yet but can i just get the American express check?

johnjimjones

05-03-2007 15:02:11

WHAHOO!!! I got my $500 SuperCertificate!!!!!!

jy3

06-03-2007 08:58:49

shit where is mine
what is the subject of the email and from whom does it come?

johnjimjones

06-03-2007 11:34:22

From Customer Service
Title PS3 Gift Certificate Option

jy3

06-03-2007 15:29:39

tx )
no email yet

fiz

07-03-2007 06:25:37

i got mine and im done with freepay - take care all

jy3

07-03-2007 10:00:15

wtf is mine! (

cannmj

07-03-2007 14:00:58

I'm still waiting as well. I have emailed them several times and no response.

djmoksha

07-03-2007 14:04:01

im in the same boat as you guys

Narakukuku

07-03-2007 14:11:26

Does it matter if you simply send a reply to the email they sent you or would it be better to send a new letter with crucial info in the subject?

jy3

07-03-2007 15:08:34

[quote83dd6aa609="Narakukuku"]Does it matter if you simply send a reply to the email they sent you or would it be better to send a new letter with crucial info in the subject?[/quote83dd6aa609]
i replied with the info in the reply but the original message below. hoping to get my ps3 before vacation although i have been wondering if i should use hte money for something else and just stick with only the 360

ucool22

07-03-2007 15:11:15

where the helllllll is mine, i just wanan be done with friggen freepay and retire from the freebie world

jy3

07-03-2007 17:58:03

yeah another day no gc

jy3

08-03-2007 18:02:05

anyone who is waiting get an answer from freepay?

djmoksha

09-03-2007 07:47:11

i hope they don't send me the 20gb unit i think i wanna wait to buy the system until mgs4 and assassin's creed come out....

can only hope they got the email and send out more of these super certs

johnjimjones

09-03-2007 07:56:11

You only have til March 9th (today) to take advantage of the offer.

[quote43d92c3cb0="Freepay"]When replying, please provide us with your PS3 account email and your order ID.

We are asking that you respond no later than Friday, March 9th 2007. Please note that by requesting a SuperCertificate, you agree that upon receipt of the certificate, your order placed for a PS3 through FreePay has been fulfilled and will be considered completed in full.

If we do not receive a response by this time, we will assume that you do not wish to receive a SuperCertificate and your PS3 will be shipped as soon as it becomes available.[/quote43d92c3cb0]

michae229

09-03-2007 08:02:31

[quote11ec659b2d="johnjimjones"]You only have til March 9th (today) to take advantage of the offer.

[quote11ec659b2d="Freepay"]When replying, please provide us with your PS3 account email and your order ID.

If we do not receive a response by this time, we will assume that you do not wish to receive a SuperCertificate and your PS3 will be shipped as soon as it becomes available.[/quote11ec659b2d][/quote11ec659b2d]

you think if i respond today i will get it today?

djmoksha

09-03-2007 08:12:14

i responded the day i got the email, mar 1

michae229

09-03-2007 08:16:36

[quotee22fb98d54="djmoksha"]i responded the day i got the email, mar 1[/quotee22fb98d54]

i did too but i didnt put my email or ID

blackcatsoda1

09-03-2007 11:25:56

I responded on the 2nd and haven't gotten so much as a "thanks we got your email". Anyone get their giftcards yet? Any idea when we will get our giftcards?

Thanks!

jy3

09-03-2007 18:48:41

i didnt get an answer yet, nor an answer to my question. i will email them again today with the info just to make sure )

johnjimjones

09-03-2007 21:46:35

I didn't get a response from them to confirm that I wanted the GC. I just received the SuperCertificate via email a few days later.

jy3

10-03-2007 07:31:56

got a response letter from when i sent a report to the bbb, they say all will be shipped by march 15 for those who elected for the cert

mpbollywoodking

11-03-2007 15:54:43

[quote63a9236c6e="johnjimjones"]I didn't get a response from them to confirm that I wanted the GC. I just received the SuperCertificate via email a few days later.[/quote63a9236c6e]

So, you did get a reply than?

jy3

12-03-2007 07:51:01

crosses fingers that today is the day

mpbollywoodking

12-03-2007 11:26:33

no email so far (

jy3

12-03-2007 15:14:27

ditto (

guelah75

12-03-2007 21:17:47

Also got the "gift certificate" email

replied with all the info

2 days later got a letter from BBB

still no gift certificate

I email them everyday from the time I got the "gift" email

still no gift certificate or response

I guess March 15th will be "the day"....we'll see

if I dont get it by then off to the BBB.....again

I hate freepay

jy3

13-03-2007 15:39:44

yeah hopefully tomorrow will be the day

johnjimjones

13-03-2007 18:41:01

[quoteb2412fa64f="jy3"]yeah hopefully tomorrow will be the day[/quoteb2412fa64f]

I should be getting my giftcards tomorrow then I'm off to the mall.

jy3

14-03-2007 06:58:28

nothing yet this AM

mpbollywoodking

14-03-2007 10:29:51

[quoteb722db69f2="johnjimjones"][quoteb722db69f2="jy3"]yeah hopefully tomorrow will be the day[/quoteb722db69f2]

I should be getting my giftcards tomorrow then I'm off to the mall.[/quoteb722db69f2]

does that mean u got the gift certificate email?

jy3

14-03-2007 13:09:33

nothing, i am calling freepay right now

djmoksha

14-03-2007 13:11:36

nice,
please post what they say. ive emailed them 6-7 times about the cert

jy3

14-03-2007 13:13:15

[quotee946be7775="jy3"]i opened one today (BBB) as well as for thisstuffisfree.
(202) 299-0761 freepay phone, i will try it tomorrow[/quotee946be7775]

no answer at that number. i bet they are there until 5pm. if i have no email by tomorrow i will contact the bbb again

jy3

14-03-2007 14:15:13

got it! 1705

djmoksha

14-03-2007 14:16:44

just got mine too, how do we redeem for select merchants without the fee? is it just best buy? or amazon too?

ucool22

14-03-2007 14:51:36

y can't they just paypal us 500, ebay ps3s r going for hella cheaper........fuckers.......

michae229

14-03-2007 14:57:34

got mine too!!!! I'm done with freepay now can we get the American Express checks still?

bruman

14-03-2007 15:09:07

I just sold my freepay 20gb ps3 on ebay for $460 + $40 shipping = $500.

It really cost $17 for fedex ground shipping.. but there was a $15 fee on the $500 he sent me. Not to mention eBay fees.

michae229

14-03-2007 15:27:07

also if i order my cards tonight will i get them on Saturday?

mpbollywoodking

14-03-2007 16:02:02

This is my email I got at 1720
[i2bfb386473]Dear Valued Customer,

We have received your confirmation email regarding your decision to accept a $500 USD Supercertificate from Giftcerticates.com in place of a 20GB PS3. Thank you for your prompt reply. We are in the process of placing gift card orders and you should be receiving your certificate via email shortly.

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team
[/i2bfb386473]

[b2bfb386473]So, didn't anybody get the certificate via email?[/b2bfb386473][/color2bfb386473][/size2bfb386473]

michae229

14-03-2007 16:14:59

[quote96d9f1cc8c="mpbollywoodking"]This is my email I got at 1720
[i96d9f1cc8c]Dear Valued Customer,

We have received your confirmation email regarding your decision to accept a $500 USD Supercertificate from Giftcerticates.com in place of a 20GB PS3. Thank you for your prompt reply. We are in the process of placing gift card orders and you should be receiving your certificate via email shortly.

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team
[/i96d9f1cc8c]

[b96d9f1cc8c]So, didn't anybody get the certificate via email?[/b96d9f1cc8c][/color96d9f1cc8c][/size96d9f1cc8c][/quote96d9f1cc8c]

got mine

mpbollywoodking

14-03-2007 17:10:00

[quotece4ace9a6f="michae229"][quotece4ace9a6f="mpbollywoodking"]This is my email I got at 1720
[ice4ace9a6f]Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team
[/ice4ace9a6f]

[bce4ace9a6f]So, didn't anybody get the certificate via email?[/bce4ace9a6f][/colorce4ace9a6f][/sizece4ace9a6f][/quotece4ace9a6f]

got mine[/quotece4ace9a6f]

how long before you u got the email that i posted that you got the SuperCertificate email?

michae229

14-03-2007 17:16:05

dunno i took a nap went here when someone said they got theirs i had mine did you put your ref ID and email i didn't the first time so i sent another email.

johnjimjones

14-03-2007 18:21:10

I actually got my giftcards themselves today. Gooooo Freepay! I already blew $100 of it within an hour of getting them.

FreeOffersNow

14-03-2007 18:44:31

[quotefa064a90f7="johnjimjones"]I actually got my giftcards themselves today. Gooooo Freepay! I already blew $100 of it within an hour of getting them.[/quotefa064a90f7]

Physical gift cards? Did they update your order status online?

jy3

14-03-2007 19:00:22

physical gift cards are from giftcertificates.com
note that if u are an entertainment book member, at entertainment.com u can get a one time online 10% off coupon for target or circuitcity. circuitcity has ps3s in stock. so i am going to get my 60gb for $540 + tax

ucool22

14-03-2007 19:00:33

what gc did u guys end up choosing? all of it is useless, amazon seem to be most practical, but still ps3 on ebay is cheaper, so i pbb get chevron? everyone needs gas right? haha

jy3

14-03-2007 19:01:34

[quotea84e79c9db="ucool22"]what gc did u guys end up choosing? all of it is useless, amazon seem to be most practical, but still ps3 on ebay is cheaper, so i pbb get chevron? everyone needs gas right? haha[/quotea84e79c9db]

bestbuy, target, circuitcity all have ps3s in stock by me. u may be able to get amex giftcheques too

michae229

14-03-2007 20:43:13

[quote15a6ca55cb="jy3"][quote15a6ca55cb="ucool22"]what gc did u guys end up choosing? all of it is useless, amazon seem to be most practical, but still ps3 on ebay is cheaper, so i pbb get chevron? everyone needs gas right? haha[/quote15a6ca55cb]

bestbuy, target, circuitcity all have ps3s in stock by me. u may be able to get amex giftcheques too[/quote15a6ca55cb]

i don't think we can get the check i looked and nothing came up.

guelah75

14-03-2007 22:59:01

gift certificate came tonight...

spent them ALL tonight

thanks for the long wait FreePay....

you suck

FreeOffersNow

14-03-2007 23:17:02

again...are you guys getting physical gift cards? or just via email? cuz i haven't gotten shit!

michae229

15-03-2007 00:54:50

[quote6e7f431f39="FreeOffersNow"]again...are you guys getting physical gift cards? or just via email? cuz i haven't gotten shit![/quote6e7f431f39]

email

mpbollywoodking

15-03-2007 05:00:42

The email I got from them is
[quote2f07a36400]
Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team
[/quote2f07a36400]

So, does that mean another email willl come for the certificate??? How long does that take?

Narakukuku

15-03-2007 06:55:15

[quote07fd7eac88="mpbollywoodking"]The email I got from them is
[quote07fd7eac88]
Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team
[/quote07fd7eac88]

So, does that mean another email willl come for the certificate??? How long does that take?[/quote07fd7eac88]

I got this email as well. So far no certificate. I hope they send it by Friday...

johnjimjones

15-03-2007 13:38:44

I received both, physical and ecert. I got Walmart (I need stuff for my apartment) Best Buy and American Eagle.

On the website my status was updated to "Shipped Based on Product Availability".

jy3

15-03-2007 15:12:37

my $500 in circuit city gcs shipped today. likely gonna sit at the inlaws for a week before i get back from vegas

ucool22

16-03-2007 09:01:45

i ordered 500 worth of chevron gcs...wooohooo free gas for the next 3 months! im not planning on getting a ps3 until they come out with a mod chip and a cheaper blu ray burner, im not really into paying for games, esp when they r 55 bucks a pop

Koleran

16-03-2007 09:37:43

[quote70ab44ecae]
Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team
[/quote70ab44ecae]

I haven't even gotten this email yet. I emailed them last week on Fri. Where's my fking gift cert??? I hate waiting for this.

Is anyone still waiting? and for those that are still waiting, when did you email them?

Koleran

16-03-2007 12:16:31

[quote24db47a606]
Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

The FreePay Team
[/quote24db47a606]

Woo Got the email

now all I need is the Gift Certificate

jy3

16-03-2007 13:33:36

[quote59d0ca47e7="ucool22"]i ordered 500 worth of chevron gcs...wooohooo free gas for the next 3 months! im not planning on getting a ps3 until they come out with a mod chip and a cheaper blu ray burner, im not really into paying for games, esp when they r 55 bucks a pop[/quote59d0ca47e7]

so u like stealing? ;)

my gcs shipped yesterday woohoo!

ucool22

16-03-2007 13:53:59

[quote402279600c="jy3"][quote402279600c="ucool22"]i ordered 500 worth of chevron gcs...wooohooo free gas for the next 3 months! im not planning on getting a ps3 until they come out with a mod chip and a cheaper blu ray burner, im not really into paying for games, esp when they r 55 bucks a pop[/quote402279600c]

so u like stealing? ;)

my gcs shipped yesterday woohoo![/quote402279600c]

haha i wouldnt exactly call it stealing, i call it being chinese (and yes im chinese), since we are known for pirating dvds, i guess im just living up to the expectation, haha. im actually not that excited about getting these gcs, i think im more excited about finishing up freepay, it's always been something back of ur head that constantly bothers u, ya feel? haha anyways lets see when we actaully get our gcs, hope u get urs soon

riceizgood

17-03-2007 16:41:21

hey guys, i just started my shopfreepay ps3 offer. I need 7 offers, 1 from group a, 4 from group b, and 2 from group c. I was wondering, how long does it take for a offer to be credited? and what are some good offer recommendations? So far i just signed up for the Blockbuster Total access which is a 1 month free trial. I also did the Date.com which was a 3 day trial. Does this mean that i will be credited with these offers after the trials are complete? if anyone thats been through this can help me out, that would be great, thanks

jy3

17-03-2007 19:15:15

hi
they should credit within the time frame that it says for the offer, i am not sure if that info is there anymore though. 3 day trials may take longer to credit but if u docide the offer is not for u, u can get rid of it.
most of us did the ps3.freepay site not the shop site

riceizgood

17-03-2007 19:21:09

oic, so the ps3.freepay site is easier or something then the shop.freepay site? jy3, can you give me some tips of getting fast referals? thanks

riceizgood

18-03-2007 13:15:46

has anyone used the shopfreepay.com website to get there free ps3?

djmoksha

18-03-2007 22:47:18

are people going mostly with circuit city cards or best buy cards? how about amazon gifts? just wondering what i should do....

do the best buy cards or circuit city cards expire at all? what are their price matching policies?

thanks

mpbollywoodking

19-03-2007 09:53:45

I just got the email for the SuperCertificate, I'm going to redeem them now, can't wait

Narakukuku

19-03-2007 16:34:37

I received my gift card as well.
The denominations are an issue. For instance, why it circuit city cut off at $50.00 a card. I will have to get 10. Would make for an interesting check out.

FreeOffersNow

20-03-2007 23:55:13

Still waiting...sweet deal. Glad all my contacts at FreePay are gone, and the one who is left hasn't gotten b ack to me (

mpbollywoodking

21-03-2007 11:18:45

I'm finished with Freepay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT THE GIFTCARDS

blackcatsoda1

21-03-2007 14:15:41

I finally got my giftcertificate at supercertificates!!! I ended up getting all $500 at Best Buy and they are USPS Priority Mailing it to me as of yesterday (5X $100 giftcards).

I'm getting an HDTV LCD 32" widescreen westinghouse for my xbox 360... I'm tired of waiting for the PS3 and I'd rather just upgrade my setup.

Yayayay! Yeah, seriously done with freepay!

djmoksha

21-03-2007 14:22:58

i also ordered my BBY certs yesterday, they got shipped out today, so hopefully i will see it by the weekend. ive been looking at buying a tv, so i guess i'll put this towards the purchase of one. too bad they don't have Fry's gift certs on giftcertificates.com the prices are better, better selection, cheaper equip serv protection and more knowledgable staff.....

aaronp88

24-03-2007 09:36:30

has anyone still not received their gift certificate yet?

I sent the email with the appropriate info to them but still havent received a confirmation or a gift card. My order date was on 4/11/2006.

djmoksha

24-03-2007 09:49:25

i received mine exactly 2 days after the shipment notificationli used them yesterday to buy a 50" sony projection kdf-50e2000, fry's was running a special for $1199, and i know it's not the best out there, but I just needed something to tide me over until i do enough research and am satisfied with the format of HDTV to pony up like 3k, so PM it at bby and used the $500 in gift cards, came out to 797 tax inclusive. pretty good deal i guess? i hate those stupid extended warranties, anyone know where to get a 3rd party insurer for tvs or projection lamps (sorry to take the thread way off topic..)

aaronp88

24-03-2007 14:19:10

so your status changed to shipped?

djmoksha

24-03-2007 15:00:52

a few days after i ordered the gift cards with my super cert, but ya

aaronp88

26-03-2007 09:23:22

am i the only one who still hasnt gotten any email from freepay?

michae229

28-03-2007 12:30:11

hey if y'all get gift cards i know a loop hole to get cash!!!!

xDarKnighTx

31-03-2007 11:42:34

[quotef62b5c87b4="michae229"]hey if y'all get gift cards i know a loop hole to get cash!!!![/quotef62b5c87b4]ebay?

michae229

31-03-2007 16:46:41

[quote09f6b2228d="xDarKnighTx"][quote09f6b2228d="michae229"]hey if y'all get gift cards i know a loop hole to get cash!!!![/quote09f6b2228d]ebay?[/quote09f6b2228d]

no

jy3

06-04-2007 10:23:02

some giftcard companies will refund ur giftcard with cash....this is usually if u get a generic gift card like a visa or mc or amex one

aaronp88

09-04-2007 09:25:58

still havent gotten mine, anyone else still waiting?

luumon

10-04-2007 22:31:35

how are they on manual credit?

ctsoccer13

11-04-2007 17:11:40

As posted in another topic...

I recently received my PS3 from Shopfreepay.com. I started the offers on a Tuesday, they were all verified Friday and it went to "Processed" Friday evening. The PS3 shipped out Monday morning and I received it Wednesday morning.

So, in total, it took me 8 days to get my PS3 from start to finish from Shopfreepay.

This was all about 2-3 weeks ago.

darthhaider

11-04-2007 22:34:49

With the news that Sony is getting rid of the 20 gig version here in North America, what does this mean for those of us still waiting for a PS3 from Freepay?

michae229

11-04-2007 22:41:41

[quote0a6d36e6cb="darthhaider"]With the news that Sony is getting rid of the 20 gig version here in North America, what does this mean for those of us still waiting for a PS3 from Freepay?[/quote0a6d36e6cb]

yall should get giftcards

LucaBella

14-04-2007 15:36:11

I replied on march 5th that I'd take the giftcard. So far nothing.

Berky34

14-04-2007 22:56:52

I received no reply either. depressing, isn't it?

aaronp88

15-04-2007 00:31:39

SAME HERE! and the worst of it is i see people on this site who finished the ps3 site months after i did and they already got their gift cards, Flilili FREEPAY!

FreeOffersNow

17-04-2007 15:23:21

[quote10fbab8d64="aaronp88"]SAME HERE! and the worst of it is i see people on this site who finished the ps3 site months after i did and they already got their gift cards, Flilili FREEPAY![/quote10fbab8d64]

I ordered before you (3/8/2006 102600 AM) and have yet to receive mine (

The worst part is I used to work very closely with Gratis...and now I can't even get a reply from support.

laurelwm

17-04-2007 17:10:40

Do you mean anybody ever actually gets a reply from Support?? I have had three support tickets open for almost a month and can't get an answer on any of them !!! And I've heard the same thing from others here.

xDarKnighTx

18-04-2007 16:24:43

so... Sony decides to discontinue the 20GB PS3... now what will freepay do?

Berky34

23-04-2007 13:56:51

[quote282190cb16="xDarKnighTx"]so... Sony decides to discontinue the 20GB PS3... now what will freepay do?[/quote282190cb16]
$$$ hopefully

LucaBella

02-05-2007 14:40:59

I hate these people so much.. so very very much. Been processing since Feb 2006.

justinag06

14-05-2007 11:06:03

I got a 60 GB PS3 the other day from amazon.

kristylez

16-05-2007 16:40:00

COMON FREEPAY! THIS IS BULLSHIT! REPLY TO US. WE'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH. Its all over the stores. this is ridiculous

aaronp88

19-05-2007 09:13:07

Flicking Alisholes...

kristylez

02-06-2007 09:04:54

can we still get the frickin gift card. how long you gonna have us wait?

aaronp88

02-06-2007 23:29:14

i know this is ridiculous

mpbollywoodking

03-06-2007 05:24:41

wow, people still haven't got their systems?????????

i got my giftcards in March? feel sorry for you people

is the giftcard option still available for you guys

aaronp88

03-06-2007 09:53:16

i emailed them back requested the gift card just like everyone else and they never replied to me or sent me a damned thing...its wicked unfair and i dont know how it happened

darthhaider

04-06-2007 18:57:39

Emailed them?

How can I email them?

Opening a ticket doesn't do jack...

aaronp88

04-06-2007 23:08:35

i meant i email=ed them when they emailed me about the gift card the addy was email=reply@freepay.comreply@freepay.comed them when they emailed me about the gift card the addy was email=reply@freepay.comreply@freepay.com/email or something like that i think but dont bother they wont reply to emails to that anymore than they will tickets ( ( (

LucaBella

05-06-2007 00:29:14

[quoteeb7ef25b93="aaronp88"]i emailed them back requested the gift card just like everyone else and they never replied to me or sent me a damned thing...its wicked unfair and i dont know how it happened[/quoteeb7ef25b93]

same story here, I emailed them like march 6th saying I'd take the gift card and they were all "dream on!"

bastids

aaronp88

11-06-2007 07:14:04

everyone should do what i did...file a complaint against Gratis at the better business bureau...hopefully some good will come out of it

iainfogg

12-06-2007 09:13:02

Just wondering if we should call an ambulance or something, cos the guys at FreePay might have died and no-one's realised - I have had a help ticket open for several weeks with no response, and nothing else that I can do.

Seriously, how can it be that they simply ignore people when they owe stuff to them? Can you imagine any business accepting it if we ignored the bills they sent us?

I did all the referral stuff then they put most of my accounts on hold; I complained to the BBB and got the accounts taken off hold, and they told me the item would ship by last Friday. Of course, that came and went, and I have no way of getting in touch with them except by the stupid help system which they just seem to ignore.

Has anyone in the UK had PS3s from them yet? How long from ordering to receiving? Or are they shipping vouchers instead? Or has no-one got a clue either what's happening?!?!?

darthhaider

12-06-2007 21:44:44

I too am feeling the frustration of Freepay.

When I did the Ipod site two years ago, it took me less than six weeks from the time I signed up to when it arrived at my door.

Now, it has been a YEAR since I was approved for a PS3 (which are readily available on store shelves, I might add...), with no indication as to when (or if) it will arrive.

Ridiculous...

aaronp88

13-06-2007 23:04:46

i just dont understand why some have received payment in some form and others like us have not...theres no rhyme or reason to any of it

Berky34

14-06-2007 10:11:08

ps3s.freepay.com 1/26/2006 64900 PM

GG Freepay... year and a half.

Anyone have their phone number?

FreeOffersNow

14-06-2007 12:00:10

They supposedly shipped out my PS3 on or before ("no later than") Friday the 8th. Here it is Thursday the 14th and nothing yet....

iainfogg

14-06-2007 12:16:54

[quote48c592f13d="FreeOffersNow"]They supposedly shipped out my PS3 on or before ("no later than") Friday the 8th. Here it is Thursday the 14th and nothing yet....[/quote48c592f13d]

Yeah, I too was promised that it would be shipped no later than 8th June 2007, and I too have nothing! It's still showing "Order Received" in the system.

aaronp88

15-06-2007 07:54:25

how were you guys notified that they were supposed to ship yours out on the 8th?

iainfogg

15-06-2007 08:08:29

[quote918a20f19a="aaronp88"]how were you guys notified that they were supposed to ship yours out on the 8th?[/quote918a20f19a]

After I complained to BBB, a fax was sent from FreePay customer service to inform them of their plans to resolve the dispute. On that fax, they apologised and said that the item would ship no later than 8th June 2007.

Not that it did, but it was a nice sentiment...

blurredfunky

17-06-2007 03:51:19

I 2 am still waiting and bbb is looking like a good option ! cry
plz keep us posted if it helps anyone and i will do same been a year

Berky34

17-06-2007 16:04:33

Just got this

6/15/2007 31629 PM
customer service wrote

Thank you for contacting us, Thank you for contacting us, your product, as you know, has been discontinued. As you also know, we apologize for this inconvenience and will be providing and 500 dollar gift certificate in compensation shortly. Sorry this has taken so long, we have also recently been experiencing a longer than normal response time because of an influx of customer inquiries. This wait, along with the wait for your certificate, is unacceptable and we are working to fix it. We apologize for the inconvenience, Sincerely, Team FreePay

iainfogg

18-06-2007 10:09:19

[quoteb51f6a1078="iainfogg"]

After I complained to BBB, a fax was sent from FreePay customer service to inform them of their plans to resolve the dispute. On that fax, they apologised and said that the item would ship no later than 8th June 2007.

Not that it did, but it was a nice sentiment...[/quoteb51f6a1078]

I've now been told that they are offering a gift card with amazon.co.uk in place of the now-discontinued UK 20GB PS3, and that it will be in my inbox within the next 24 hours. Here's the message I got

[quoteb51f6a1078]Dear Iain, Thank you for using the gaming.freepay.network. Again, please let us apologize for the lengthy delay. You will receive an amazon.co.uk gift card for 330 pounds. This gift card should arrive to your email address in about 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Sincerely, Team FreePay [/quoteb51f6a1078]

Also, at the moment my queries are being answered much quicker with customer service - not long ago, I had one open for nearly a month.

Hopefully I can come on tomorrow and give you some good news, rather than just having problems to flag up.

Iain

darthhaider

18-06-2007 17:11:09

Does anyone have the address for freepay?

I need to provide it in order to submit my BBB claim against them.

I am sick of waiting for my PS3...

iainfogg

19-06-2007 03:53:58

[quoteffefd02ba3="darthhaider"]Does anyone have the address for freepay?

I need to provide it in order to submit my BBB claim against them.

I am sick of waiting for my PS3...[/quoteffefd02ba3]

It's on the BBB website itself - have a look at http//www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?compid=W1035561[]http//www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?compid=W1035561

aaronp88

19-06-2007 07:15:45

i got the same message...

"Thank you for contacting us, Thank you for contacting us, your product, as you know, has been discontinued. As you also know, we apologize for this inconvenience and will be providing and 500 dollar gift certificate in compensation shortly. Sorry this has taken so long, we have also recently been experiencing a longer than normal response time because of an influx of customer inquiries. This wait, along with the wait for your certificate, is unacceptable and we are working to fix it. We apologize for the inconvenience, Sincerely, Team FreePay"

but still no gift card....

aaronp88

20-06-2007 07:15:26

so this is freepays number...

(202) 299-0761

would they answer if i gave them a ring? )

kristylez

20-06-2007 20:32:34

6/15/2007 31752 PM
customer service wrote

Thank you for contacting us, Thank you for contacting us, your product, as you probably know, has been discontinued. We apologize for this inconvenience and will be providing and 500 dollar gift certificate in compensation shortly. Sorry this has taken so long, we have also recently been experiencing a longer than normal response time because of an influx of customer inquiries. This wait, along with the wait for your certificate, is unacceptable and we are working to fix it. We apologize for the inconvenience, Sincerely, Team FreePay

iainfogg

21-06-2007 04:02:28

[quote57fcdee761="iainfogg"]Hopefully I can come on tomorrow and give you some good news, rather than just having problems to flag up.

Iain[/quote57fcdee761]

Well, I am pleased to say that FreePay have paid up. After many different issues, they have delivered me a £330 Amazon voucher in place of my 20GB PS3. So, I have been out, bought a 60GB one, and I am very very happy.

Thank you, FreePay, for finally doing the right thing and for the improvements you've made over the last week or two in your communication!

This shows that perseverance is the right approach, although I don't want to trivialise how hard it's actually been getting here.

I will soon be posting some comprehensive thoughts on how I got through the problems with FreePay, so that for anyone else who is struggling, it should be a useful resource. I just need to get the time together to do that, bearing in mind I now have Motorstorm and Resistance, Fall of Man to play on.

Trust that you guys will also get there soon.

Iain

aaronp88

22-06-2007 08:06:20

they need to pay everyone and stop pussy footing around...

aaronp88

26-06-2007 14:32:19

my status changed to "Shipped Based on Product Availability" but i havent received the gift cards yet...

Berky34

28-06-2007 21:48:24

I've been here for about 10 months I think - "Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability"

aaronp88

29-06-2007 13:18:17

Well now mine no longer says shipped but instead "Sent to Vendor, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability"

Berky34

29-06-2007 21:12:47

[quotebe22916b02="aaronp88"]Well now mine no longer says shipped but instead "Sent to Vendor, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability"[/quotebe22916b02]
what was the date of your order?

aaronp88

30-06-2007 14:27:59

4/11/2006 53100 PM

aaronp88

02-07-2007 07:24:21

im a little worried theyre actually gonna send me a ps3 since it says sent to vendor

Berky34

07-07-2007 21:31:09

lol well atleast you can get something. but the 20gb ps3's were discontinued

michae229

07-07-2007 23:30:52

[quote7f3600bfb6="Berky34"]lol well atleast you can get something. but the 20gb ps3's were discontinued[/quote7f3600bfb6]

well if the price drop is true then then you guys will get 60gb ps3's

aaronp88

08-07-2007 07:13:06

now im starting to think they only changed my status to sent to vendor so id stop bitching )

blurredfunky

08-07-2007 20:59:29

6/27/2006 Order Received, Estimated Ship Date Based on Product Availability....................................Would be nice to get 60gb been a long wait I know others have waited longer

aaronp88

09-07-2007 07:13:21

well the price drop is official...i sure hope we get 60 gb models )

tylerc

09-07-2007 09:34:19

..why wouldn't you? The 20gb has been discontinued for some time now.

aaronp88

09-07-2007 17:17:20

bc theyre giving gift cards instead now

darthhaider

13-07-2007 15:13:21

Oh my God!

I have officially gone "Sent to Vendor", rather than "Order Received".

It still says "Based on Product Availability", but at least it is a change.

aaronp88

17-07-2007 12:02:49

"7/17/2007 103447 AM
customer service wrote
Thank you for contacting us, We have ordered the 499 dollar PS3, you should receive it tomorrow. Again sorry for the delay and thank you so much for your business. Sincerely, Team FreePay Customer Service"

) ) )

aaronp88

18-07-2007 07:21:23

my status changed to shipped and I got a ups tracking number

blurredfunky

18-07-2007 08:19:27

Yay shipped and on the way can't wait !!!
Well guess i would think of doing freepay again

manOFice

18-07-2007 10:46:05

Good job guys!

gmario

18-07-2007 12:12:09

wow that is crazy, congrats to the new ps3 owners.

mpbollywoodking

18-07-2007 20:06:10

doesn't anybody realized that Freepay is now changeing people's statuses because of the PS3 price drop. Everybody got 13 referrals for the system, that's like $50+ per referral. And now with the price drop, Freepay can be drinched in their hugh profit that they just made.

Berky34

18-07-2007 21:07:56

Just got my $500 GC them in my email today! woo woot!

GLoco11

19-07-2007 13:08:23

OK well i want to know if freepay will send us a gift card or the ps3 ???? ? not very clear

manOFice

19-07-2007 13:14:51

[quote90f8f466c9="mpbollywoodking"]doesn't anybody realized that Freepay is now changeing people's statuses because of the PS3 price drop. Everybody got 13 referrals for the system, that's like $50+ per referral. And now with the price drop, Freepay can be drinched in their hugh profit that they just made.[/quote90f8f466c9]

I think people just want their prize and be done with freepay.

aaronp88

19-07-2007 15:22:50

I got a 60 GB PS3 in the mail yesterday from Freepay. It shipped straight from Amazon which I found to be strange. I'm pretty happy that I ended up with a 60 gb since I was expecting the 20. I'm a little confused that Freepay is sending some people PS3s and others gift cards. I had requested a gift card and still got a PS3. Weird...

aaronp88

19-07-2007 15:24:46

[quote3c5dd02837="mpbollywoodking"]doesn't anybody realized that Freepay is now changeing people's statuses because of the PS3 price drop. Everybody got 13 referrals for the system, that's like $50+ per referral. And now with the price drop, Freepay can be drinched in their hugh profit that they just made.[/quote3c5dd02837]

In reponse to this I'd just like to say that I only got 10 referrals and still got my PS3

mpbollywoodking

19-07-2007 17:14:13

[quote2b20bb615c="aaronp88"][quote2b20bb615c="mpbollywoodking"]doesn't anybody realized that Freepay is now changeing people's statuses because of the PS3 price drop. Everybody got 13 referrals for the system, that's like $50+ per referral. And now with the price drop, Freepay can be drinched in their hugh profit that they just made.[/quote2b20bb615c]

In reponse to this I'd just like to say that I only got 10 referrals and still got my PS3[/quote2b20bb615c]

well, i did it for 8 referrals, and i got it. I meant to say 10 referrals. I forgot what the referral requirement was for the PS3. But nonetheless

aaronp88

20-07-2007 08:36:40

Was the original 8? if so thats how many I originally had as well, whatever the minimum was when the site first launched...You have to get 12 now...

GLoco11

23-07-2007 21:14:58

um) i just receive my ps3 bu the thing sis i was waiting to for the gift card and my status still sent to ventor?????

darthhaider

31-07-2007 23:45:24

Wow!

I was away on vacation for the past few weeks, and when I got home today, there was a shiny new PS3 from Freepay waiting for me!

It sure took long enough, but they did come through!

Thanks Freepay!

xDarKnighTx

08-08-2007 16:44:48

[quotefe61d45e2b="darthhaider"]Wow!

I was away on vacation for the past few weeks, and when I got home today, there was a shiny new PS3 from Freepay waiting for me!

It sure took long enough, but they did come through!

Thanks Freepay![/quotefe61d45e2b]
When was your order date?

LucaBella

07-09-2007 13:30:16

They've owed me since Feb 3rd 2006. I hate Freepay with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

manOFice

07-09-2007 13:37:49

[quote830f8d94eb="LucaBella"]They've owed me since Feb 3rd 2006. I hate Freepay with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.[/quote830f8d94eb]

Message the rep on A4F... he seems to be more active there.