Should I order now or wait a few weeks?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3862

ah6tyfour

07-12-2004 18:44:52

So I'm waiting for my last referral credit which I should receive tomorrow or the next day...I will then submit my account for approval...once its approved, a dilemma comes up...

I want to ship it to my apartment where I go to school...however, I go home to LA in two weeks and wont be back until mid-January...

Should I go ahead and order my TV and hope it arrives after I return (or make my roommate drive up an hour to sit at the apartment and wait for the TV) or should I just wait until like January 10th to order my TV to ensure that it arrives while I am at my apartment?

Another possibility is ordering now and shipping it to my real home in LA, but there really is no way to get it from LA up to my apartment...i doubt the airlines would like me trying to check in a 27" TV... =)

Thanks in advance for your comments!

ah6tyfour

07-12-2004 18:46:34

sorry, one last thing...

Do they always call to make an appointment before they deliver the 27" Sonys? If so, then having my roommate drive up becomes a more feasible possibility. I don't want them to just come unannounced with my FFS status still listed as STV and then take it back because nobody is here...

pcmsurf

07-12-2004 20:18:47

i was stv for 3 weeks then another 10 days till i actually received it(holidays made it a longer wait probably)

i must have missed their phone call but they still delivered

made 2 attemps on the same day luckily my dad was home to get it on the second attempt

EatChex89

07-12-2004 22:08:08

itll be about a month for your TV to come in... so just think, will you be home in a month?

ah6tyfour

07-12-2004 23:20:32

heh...my break is exactly one month...

i guess to be safe i'll wait a week to order so that i'll be back with a week to spare...

they wont give me any stress over signing up for FFS in one place and ordering the free item in another place 400 miles away will they?

Lunarpancake

14-12-2004 10:13:24

nope.... i sent my order in from NJ but its being shipped to WV.....400 mile diff and i had no probs