Referral concern

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3793

adam254

04-12-2004 16:02:04

My friend signed up for freeipods before clicking on my freeipods referral link but he didn't complete an offer nor verified his account. Then he clicked on my referral link and created a new account and completed an offer. Will this put my account on hold or will this referral not validate? Thanks!

whenrabbisattack

04-12-2004 16:19:50

the same thing happenned to me... except after my referral signed up she realized she mistyped her password and the password recovery system wasn't working... so she made a new account on a different and similar email, i contacted gratis but they just replied telling me that they don't check referrals until they are all completed. sounds like they are just trying to get money and i'm about to be cheated... i'm concerned as well, because i don't think gratis understands how difficult it is getting 5 referrals.

CoMpFrEaK

04-12-2004 16:38:21

[quote8f181b6e5d="adam254"]My friend signed up for freeipods before clicking on my freeipods referral link but he didn't complete an offer nor verified his account. Then he clicked on my referral link and created a new account and completed an offer. Will this put my account on hold or will this referral not validate? Thanks![/quote8f181b6e5d]

you should be ok, i had 1 account unactivated and one that i actually used, but i went through it all right, im STV right now. but then again i may have used 2 different ips, but i think they also track where you log on, so you should be ok

Guitardy

04-12-2004 18:51:58

you should be completely fine. I initially referred myself with a dummy email addy to test what the email looked like before i sent it to other people. I signed up with the second email under my account, but didn't use it for anything other then seeing if the same offers were shown for both. I was approved without a hitch, since I am sure they only check green referrals, hence any yellow will not be a problem.

FreeOffersNow

05-12-2004 09:10:37

There is a hugely disproportionate number of "yellow referrals" versus "green referrals," it would but costly and extremely time consuming for them to check all referrals, so I'm absolutely certain they only check green, or completed, referrals.

Collateral

05-12-2004 09:12:47

[quote672fd1a36e="FreeOffersNow"]There is a hugely disproportionate number of "yellow referrals" versus "green referrals," it would but costly and extremely time consuming for them to check all referrals, so I'm absolutely certain they only check green, or completed, referrals.[/quote672fd1a36e]

Yah, they definately don't check yellows considering that I had about 110 yellows and 18 greens for fdpc.

Guitardy

05-12-2004 09:17:16

ya, i had about 300 yellow and 7 green for freeipod, they would have no reason to check the yellow anyway, since the yellow haven't completed an offer, they aren't earning the companies any money, so they haven't attempted to earn the product or break the TOS