FedEx Blows

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=37768

jMuss

20-04-2006 13:03:17

So my giftcards were supposed to be deliverd today, I sat home all morning in my front room studying for finals in silence. About noon I looked outside and saw the FedEx man coming down the street. I waited at my door and he just drove past. So about an hour later when I determined he wasnt coming back, I called customer Service who told me that the delivery attempt had failed because I wasnt home! What a pain in the ass. Now I have to be home tomorrow for delivery or I can pick it up at their faciltiy between 630-7pm tonight (right during class) All because a lazy driver didnt even attempt to do his job.

kevxross

20-04-2006 13:09:25

Haha, that sucks. It all depends on the drivers. Around here UPS and especially DHL suck ass. My Fedex driver is awesome though and I usually get my stuff a day or 2 before it's supposed to arrive.

dmorris68

20-04-2006 13:13:36

Yeah, it really varies depot by depot and region by region. Around here UPS is the worst -- don't get me started on the "brown" jokes. FedEx rules and is my preferred carrier for everything I ship/receive.

For things under 4-5 pounds, USPS Priority Mail is actually one of the best solutions around. 1-3 days to most part of the country and I've never had a Priority Mail shipment lost or damaged like with the major carriers, especially UPS. I'm not joking I've seen boxes delivered by UPS with tire tread marks across them. One guy here at work has a friend who used to work in a UPS depot, and told him all sorts of tales about opening peoples packages to root through the contents, tossing and kicking packages across the room, etc etc. I had one 19" Dell monitor show up with the box corner crushed, and even though the monitor was surrounded by blown-in foam, the corner of the monitor looked like someone had taken a sledgehammer to it.

In case you can't tell, I despise UPS. )

egyptianruin

20-04-2006 13:23:53

My Fed Ex guy is the same guy, he knows me by heart cause Im always getting stuff delivered. He saw me leave oneday and I went to go get gas up the street, he followed me and gave me my package - that was awesome. (It was for my GC's at the time)

egyptianruin

20-04-2006 13:25:51

[quote986044d5a0="dmorris68"]Yeah, it really varies depot by depot and region by region. Around here UPS is the worst -- don't get me started on the "brown" jokes. FedEx rules and is my preferred carrier for everything I ship/receive.

For things under 4-5 pounds, USPS Priority Mail is actually one of the best solutions around. 1-3 days to most part of the country and I've never had a Priority Mail shipment lost or damaged like with the major carriers, especially UPS. I'm not joking I've seen boxes delivered by UPS with tire tread marks across them. One guy here at work has a friend who used to work in a UPS depot, and told him all sorts of tales about opening peoples packages to root through the contents, tossing and kicking packages across the room, etc etc. I had one 19" Dell monitor show up with the box corner crushed, and even though the monitor was surrounded by blown-in foam, the corner of the monitor looked like someone had taken a sledgehammer to it.

In case you can't tell, I despise UPS. )[/quote986044d5a0]

The UPS guy at my work, when he delivers from his truck I always notice all the packages are thrown about in the back of the truck, once one was busted open and he slide the contents of it over with his foot getting out packages for my store. Now Fed Ex when they deliver everything is neatly placed in their vehicle, lol.

RM200

20-04-2006 13:30:42

hate the damn fedex guy here... he kept saying he was attemping deliverys at my house but no one was there which was a fucking lie because i was sitting in the living room waiting for my package.

jMuss

20-04-2006 13:59:13

Well I have to hand it to him, he came back and delivered the giftcards, just 4 hours after claiming I wasnt home, and two calls to FedEx later.

h3x

20-04-2006 14:06:40

I can't tell you how the UPS/FedEx where I live now.. But when I lived in Seattle, I always found UPS and FedEx to be level with eachother.. If I really had to pick which one is better.. I'd go with FedEx.

DHL SUCKS. Lousy service.

RM200

20-04-2006 14:30:13

[quoteca0583e22d="h3x"]I can't tell you how the UPS/FedEx where I live now.. But when I lived in Seattle, I always found UPS and FedEx to be level with eachother.. If I really had to pick which one is better.. I'd go with FedEx.

DHL SUCKS. Lousy service.[/quoteca0583e22d]

thats odd.. DHL is actually pretty good in my area. so is UPS

jy3

20-04-2006 14:39:14

no complaints for any delivery services here in buffalo.

shopaholic

20-04-2006 15:32:22

Once for Valentine, they left me a note to get my flowers and gifts from the front office... they didn't even knock on the door! The note was left at 450. The office was closed at 5. Needless to say, I didn't get it on time.

(BTW, my bf paid an extra $20 to get it there on time.)

nobody2000

21-04-2006 07:43:58

it's all about your delivery guy....small town guys have an easy job, so you get better service. Our DHL guy doesn't make me sign anythign (which is wierd, maybe even fucked up considering the contents of these packages). and the Fedex and UPS guys bullshit with me and my mom all the time, it's good fun. I imagine you can get a shitty delivery guy.

kevxross

21-04-2006 07:51:37

[quotecf72c0661b="shopaholic"]Once for Valentine, they left me a note to get my flowers and gifts from the front office... they didn't even knock on the door! The note was left at 450. The office was closed at 5. Needless to say, I didn't get it on time.

(BTW, my bf paid an extra $20 to get it there on time.)[/quotecf72c0661b]

Your boyfriend is a genius! He pulled off the ol' "OH SHIT, I forgot the for-whatever-reason-obligatory valentine's day flowers! Hmm, looks like it's time to employ the ol' post-it-note on the door Kansas City Shuffle."

He even played himself up even MORE with the "I payed them $20 extra to get them here on time!" making himself quite the Valentine hero.

Genius I say!

manOFice

21-04-2006 10:32:22

[quote7c29f1d28e="kevxross"][quote7c29f1d28e="shopaholic"]Once for Valentine, they left me a note to get my flowers and gifts from the front office... they didn't even knock on the door! The note was left at 450. The office was closed at 5. Needless to say, I didn't get it on time.

(BTW, my bf paid an extra $20 to get it there on time.)[/quote7c29f1d28e]

Your boyfriend is a genius! He pulled off the ol' "OH SHIT, I forgot the for-whatever-reason-obligatory valentine's day flowers! Hmm, looks like it's time to employ the ol' post-it-note on the door Kansas City Shuffle."

He even played himself up even MORE with the "I payed them $20 extra to get them here on time!" making himself quite the Valentine hero.

Genius I say![/quote7c29f1d28e]

Hahaha so true

Truxity.net

21-04-2006 10:50:57

The only problem I had with FedEx was the guy set in his truck for 10-20 minutes before coming to the door like he was teaseing me or something. Got my 360 a few hours later and I'm loving it.

shopaholic

21-04-2006 11:01:48

[quote3ab755947e="kevxross"][quote3ab755947e="shopaholic"]Once for Valentine, they left me a note to get my flowers and gifts from the front office... they didn't even knock on the door! The note was left at 450. The office was closed at 5. Needless to say, I didn't get it on time.

(BTW, my bf paid an extra $20 to get it there on time.)[/quote3ab755947e]

Genius I say![/quote3ab755947e]

Except that it wouldn't in the front office the next morning if he was lying. Not very smart at all.
Come on guys. You can come up with better lies.

(BTW, it was in the office. so he wasn't lying.)

h3x

21-04-2006 11:20:54

It's only been yesterday since my order was filled.. They didn't pick up the package until 331 PM in Nebraska and its already in Anchorage as of 754 AM (I think the website operates on Pacific Daylight Time... so that would be 654 AM on Alaska Daylight Time...)

I am impressed with FedEx's fast transfers so far toast

[quoteb44fad5e15]Apr 21, 2006 754 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK [/quoteb44fad5e15]